main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Ratings Thread *poll included*

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Dec 13, 2017.

?

I've seen THE LAST JEDI & it was...

1. [Insert outlandish superlative here]!! - 10/10

9.4%
  2. Incredible - 9/10

14.7%
  3. Most impressive - 8/10

11.5%
  4. Good, goood - 7/10

7.9%
  5. Anything else? - 6/10

5.2%
  6. Balance of light & dark - 5/10

3.1%
  7. I don't think so - 4/10

6.8%
  8. Now, matters are worse - 3/10

8.4%
  9. What a piece of junk - 2/10

16.2%
  10. Don't be ridiculous, no way it was this bad - 1/10

16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    No explanation needed.

2. Palp Fiction

Palp Fiction Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Had to rate it a 10. It's astonishing. Not perfect but the bravest, most daring SW movie yet. Almost always in a good way.

3. cane_danko

cane_danko Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 2, 2018
    Seems like most people enjoyed it despite what the loudest voices are saying

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Based on the undeniably conclusive trustworthy sample of 24 people.

On topic, I voted 2/10

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I would probably have given it a high score last year too, now it gets a 1 :)

6. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I give it a 1/10. I didn’t when I first saw it, but it’s gotten worse for me with time. Now I think I dislike it more than any other bad film I’ve seen just because it’s such an important film in a franchise I love and I really don’t like basically anything about it. It hurts the bigger story in so many ways on top of that.

7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Same here. Initially when I first saw it there were a few things that looked promising on the surface but after looking closer they didn't hold up for me.

8. cane_danko

Nov 2, 2018
    You guys just love pissing all over my corn flakes huh? Anytime i say something positive about the last jedi, the sequels, or any of the new characters at least 3 of you feel the need to jump in to let me know how bad it is. And before you respond with the “i have a right not to like a movie” or tell me i can’t make you like it i would never imply any of those things. I am a new user here and this site is already not fun because of all this toxicity. If you don’t like it why are you feeling the need to tell me that? Is it suppose to help me realize that my opinion sucks too?

9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    We are responding to the POLL not to you personally. People vote and then sometimes comment giving explanation on why they voted the way they did.

10. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    I think labeling opinions toxic is itself toxic. Nobody is attacking anyone for liking the movie just by stating their own opinions. Don’t ask for opinions if you’re just going to label those you disagree with “toxic.”

I love the new Crimes of Grindelwald movie, and yet somehow I can listen to people totally rag on it without taking it personally and without labeling them toxic. It is possible.

11. cane_danko

Nov 2, 2018
    I honestly don’t care what you were doing. You don’t even give the movies a fair chance. You give the last jedi a 1? Really? It still had you talking about it a year later. Even if you hate it that should give it at least a 5. Or maybe just everything about it is bad aye? Come on, don’t give me that crap. At least be honest with what you are doing.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  12. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Why would something you hate rates a 5 on a scale of 1-10? That would imply finding it okay/middle of the road. The amount of time or intensity of how long one can rant about something has nothing to do with rating. The prequels have been many years ago and still draw rants.

13. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I answered the poll honestly. As far as a fair chance? I saw it three times. I feel I gave it more than a fair chance. Just because we are talking about the film a year later does not mean that my rating was dishonest. People HATED the PT and are still talking about it negatively 20 years later. There is no designated time frame on how long someone can dislike something.

14. cane_danko

Nov 2, 2018
    Because it apparently gives you something to do. You say that you don’t mind someone ragging on a movie you like which is funny because there is a difference between having an opinion and utter vitriol.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Everyone play nice in here. Also, stop discussing each other and each other’s ratings.

16. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I gave it a 1 also. It was a bad film, but a far worse Star Wars film because of how it negatively affected the original films and characters.It totally mischaracterized the iconic OT characters, took away their happy ending in RotJ, and made all of their prior accomplishments null and void. It made the OT films now pointless and irrelevant. It completely changed some Star Wars lore. Now one becomes a Jedi by cheating...downloading skills and knowledge from another force user instead of through effort, struggle, true learning, testing, and the guidance of a mentor teacher. Even worse, after tearing down so much in the Star Wars universe, it built up nothing except Kylo.

17. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    You’re acting like it’s impossible for anyone to really think a movie is terrible and we’re just being mean for the sake of being mean. Have you ever considered the possibility that we are just honestly communicating our opinion on this movie? I genuinely think it’s an awful terrible unwatchable mess. I’m not saying that to piss in your cheerios.

DBPirate, Mange, afrojedi and 8 others like this.
  18. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    My only problem with this poll is that I couldn't give it a lower number than 1.

Good summary by @ChildOfWinds on what was wrong with it.

19. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    While I don`t mind that, even if they hate everything about it, I think you are refering to Ahsoka`s post, not mine.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I gave it a 3. I’d watch Crait and Luke’s speech there over and over again, but that’s it. Finn deserved better than being arrested for a parking ticket, and the Rey and Kylo scenes literally made me cringe.

21. cane_danko

Nov 2, 2018
    Ok i am done talking to you toxic haters so please do not quote me anymore.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  22. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    A differing opinion calmly stated with no bashing terminology is not toxic hate.

23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I give the film a 7. Not the best SW movie, not the worst SW movie.

TOASTEROVEN and cane_danko like this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am just quoting this since I could not possibly word better my exact view on all of it.

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I rated it a 9/10. It's my third favorite in the series, after A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

Ody_Mandrell and cane_danko like this.
  26. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Gave it a 2. (The acting was the sole saving grace and that lifted up from a 1) Possibly my least favorite of any SW movie. AOTC is probably worse made, but it's still more entertaining. TLJ is devoid of fun, adventure, and excitement and I don't enjoy watching a minute of it. I liked Luke fishing and his brief moment with Leia. That's about it.

Mange, afrojedi, DarthFixxxer and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.