main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Ratings Thread *poll included*

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Dec 13, 2017.

?

I've seen THE LAST JEDI & it was...

1. [Insert outlandish superlative here]!! - 10/10

9.4%
  2. Incredible - 9/10

14.7%
  3. Most impressive - 8/10

11.5%
  4. Good, goood - 7/10

7.9%
  5. Anything else? - 6/10

5.2%
  6. Balance of light & dark - 5/10

3.1%
  7. I don't think so - 4/10

6.8%
  8. Now, matters are worse - 3/10

8.4%
  9. What a piece of junk - 2/10

16.2%
  10. Don't be ridiculous, no way it was this bad - 1/10

16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    I gave it 2/10.Tecgnically its a competently made film and has some very good acting,but the actual screenplay is terrible and does even more damage to the mythology of SW than TFA did.And it has Rose Tico in it who is just embarassing ( Nothing against the actress who plays her,she is just the victim of disastrous miscasting and terrible scripting ).

11-4D, PendragonM, wobbits and 3 others like this.
  2. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    1/10 for all of this story-wise. It also:
    • TLJ ruined the imposing qualities of the FO leadership. Hux is a joke, Phasma still irrelevant ( and now perhaps dead). Snoke's dead, and Kylo, the new Supreme Leader was made a fool of by Luke on Crait. He is probably the least imposing dark-side user in canon.
    • RJ's tone deaf treatment of the story's supposed protagonist as well as that of the male lead.
    • Going further with the points above, none of the characters progressed. There is no significant growth in any character. TLJ progressed from TFA as if were part of a 24 episode serial.

Abadacus, DBPirate, 11-4D and 7 others like this.
  3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    The current weighted average is 5.5 after 83 votes.

Jedha likes this.
  4. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
  5. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Averages:
    5.5 out of 83 votes (this JCF thread user poll currently)
    6.1 out of 615 votes (that old JCF user thread poll)
    6th place out of 9 movies (4.4) out of 614 votes (ranking JCF user thread poll - tracking breakdown from November)
    6.7 (assembled from select global user ratings from late August)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  6. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I went with 7/10 but I didn't vote in this for a long time because I couldn't decide between 6 and 7. Depending on my mood it could be a 6. TFA would be 7 or 8 (for comparison) with equal difficulty deciding between the two.

I wonder really if I'd just go with 7 for both TLJ and TFA. I am beginning to bulk at rating TFA higher because the re-hash-ness of it really was "fatiguing" for me. It's not very re-watchable at this point because it's too much like the OT which I've seen 3000 times and so I just can't not notice every freaking call-back and find it tiresome.

cane_danko likes this.
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    That's interesting, because when @cane_danko resurrected the topic, 15 out of 24 people that had voted by then, had given a 9 or 10.
    In a way, the only thing he was afraid, was for his favorite film to lose its power.. which eventually of course, it did.

[​IMG]

2Cleva, Link1130 and Jedha like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Discuss the film, not the fans.

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    1. I was discussing the ratings of the film, and following up on Magnar's post.
    2. I was pbviously making a joke with another user and his post, and NOT at a user. Not my style, and I think that was pretty obvious.

10. cane_danko

cane_danko Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 2, 2018
    Eh it’s fine. The film loses nothing for me. I love it now and i loved it then.

Ody_Mandrell and Lost_Hope like this.
  11. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Honestly gave it a 3 since the description matches how I still feel regarding the film more accurately.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    DBPirate, 2Cleva, PendragonM and 3 others like this.
  12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    :eek: I just picked 3/10 for the exact same reason!
    “Now, matters are worse” - It’s the perfect way to describe how I felt when I first saw it and it still applies.

Interestingly enough, I quickly grew to love the film by focusing on its positive aspects, but lately, I’ve felt that I just can’t overlook the flaws.
    My initial feeling was right.

13. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I never voted and I'm feeling generous enough to give it a "Now, matters are worse." The broken world building and discontinuity of universe that started with TFA is now worse. It could have been remediated a *little. But no. Pretending that the reason the Empire is back (Snoke) is not important is junk and ridiculously bad.

afrojedi and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  14. cane_danko

Nov 2, 2018
    MODified: This will be your last post commenting on other members of these forums.

Or it will be your last post.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2018
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it a 6/10. IMO the movie certainly had its fair share of moments; though it certainly wouldn't rank among my top favorite movies of the franchise. As I've said in other threads, there's only been one movie of the Disney era that I ran to buy the Blu-ray on day one; and that was Rogue One. To date I've watched TLJ twice; once in the theaters and once as a Redbox rental.

16. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    9/10

Near perfect story-wise, character-wise, and visually, but the film stumbles with Finn’s arc. It turned me from more casual Star Wars enjoyer into a fan.

Ody_Mandrell, MaciekRS and cane_danko like this.
  17. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    when I'm in a better mood I can rate TLJ an 8. this is why i can't rate things. i'm moody and i don't have stable likes/dislikes. today i'm more like TFA=7; TLJ=8.

cane_danko likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is my feeling, though I think 3 is too low for that description. I chose 3 because it used the best quote. I think a 5 is closer to the number that description belongs with. But yes, matters are worse.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. The Rob

The Rob Jedi Grand Master

Aug 30, 1999
    Worst film of the franchise.
    It is so bad that it has made it impossible to ever recover.
    Anyone voting this piece of hot garbage a 10/10 likely registered in 2018

2Cleva likes this.
  20. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I’m just going to say this: there’s nothing wrong with someone who became a fan of Star Wars because of this movie ranking it a 10/10 or considering it their favorite/the best, any more so than a fan who ranks The Phantom Menace a 10/10 because it was their first foray into the series.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Technically, if George Lucas finally decided to join the forums, he would have a 2018 registration date. :-B

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That’s assuming he didn’t make an account years ago and hasn’t been using it to laugh at all of us for years, which frankly is not an assumption I feel comfortable making [face_worried]

23. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
  24. cane_danko

Nov 2, 2018
    Actually i saw tpm in the theaters and while i thought the criticims for that movie were overblown as well i feel the last jedi is the far superior movie. The empire strikes back captures what i love about old star wars and tlj captures what i love about the new. I find the writing in tlj to be brilliant and while i had issues with the humor in the first 1/3rd of the movie my first viewing it has pretty much dissipated after multiple viewings. Not sure what people mean by registering in 2018 but yeah i have been a star wars fan for a long time. Films are subjective and what is true for one person is not true for another. On person’s hot piece of junk is another person’s millenium falcon.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  25. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I really, really dislike TLJ and don't think it has any redeeming qualities that can warrant a rating of anything but a 1. The absolutely worst Star Wars movie (heck, the TCW movie feels more Star Wars than this). With the chase going on, it felt more like a badly executed copy of the nBSG episode "33" than SW.

A completely unwatchable mess.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Abadacus, 2Cleva, 11-4D and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.