main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming The Last of Us

Discussion in 'Community' started by ManaByte, Jun 14, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I checked IMDb and it said 2022 so hopefully before the summer but probably like September

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    TX-20 likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Nick Offerman playing Bill in Last of Us TeeVee show. Watch out for them traps!

So old and a bit of a monster parenthesis quote but this IGN interview seems to indicate that Season 1 = the first game

“We talked at length [that season 1 of the show is going to be [the first game],” Druckmann explained, noting that for him and Mazin, “the philosophical underpinnings of the story” were the essential thing to get right about the adaptation. “As far as the superficial things, like should [a character] wear the same plaid shirt or the same red shirt? They might or might not appear in it, that’s way less important to us than getting the core of who these people are and the core of their journey.”

And while Druckmann could not, of course, reveal too much about the team’s exact plans for how the series will play out in comparison to the game, he did explain that viewers will certainly recognize some dialogue - and be surprised by large parts of episodes.

“Things sometimes stay pretty close. It’s funny to see my dialogue there from the games in HBO scripts. And sometimes they deviate greatly to much better effect because we are dealing with a different medium,” he said.

“For example, in the game, there’s so much action you have to have to train the player about mechanics. You have to have more violence and more spectacle to some degree than you would need on a TV show because you don’t need to train people on how to use a gun. So that’s something that’s been really different, and HBO’s been great in pushing us to move away from hardcore action and focus more on the drama of the character. Some of my favorite episodes so far have deviated greatly from the story, and I can’t wait for people to see them.”

But beyond that, Druckmann didn’t want to spoil the experience of what’s to come, only to say that he “can’t wait for people to see what we saw in the people we’ve brought together,” referring to Pedro Pascal as Joel and Bella Ramsey as Ellie. But he did recently get to see one of the game’s main threats come to life.

“I just saw the first prosthetic test for the Clicker and it’s awesome. It’s so rad to see this thing come to physical life,” he said.

----
    Unrelated to the show but cool article on how they made the Rat King which was a boss fight idea from the first game but they never got around to it but had to put it in part ii. Freakin' rat King man, geezus.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    darthcaedus1138 and TX-20 like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    They said most likely 2023 which is what I expected. It's gonna need a fair amount of post prod. That's fine.

BigAl6ft6 and TX-20 like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah considering they're still shooting until the summer that seemed likely (although I was hoping for maybe Nov-Dec). Here comes Jan 2023 hopefully! Maybe I finally have time and I'll see if my PS3 still works after not being powered up for a year if I can replay the original.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    TX-20 likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Edit.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I really don't see the need for a remake considering the PS4 update looks amazing already.

If its full price then they're taking the piss

11. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

Apparently they are indeed going to be extracting the urine

Hard pass

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wow, that is quite some nerve.

As for the game, Last of Us is up there with Resident Evil II Remake as a very technically accomplished, very praised game but not one I enjoy.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'll get it when it's cheaper.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'll probably get the much cheaper PS4 remaster after this comes out instead of trying to resurrect my PS3 before the show hits. (of course playing Horizon: Forbidden West will take me until the Fall). Speaking of which, new TV show image and Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson (game Joel and Ellie) added to the cast!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That looks mind blowingly beautiful. Unexpected but very welcome. I’ll definitely be getting this one.

And the big multiplayer reveal sounds exciting.

16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  18. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

I know it's only an idea but I like it

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I know they've wrapped filming. I'm excited.

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Do you guys think there will be a part where the say the title of the show ominously inside the actual dialogue?

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The first footage of The Last of Us at the very end of this trailer.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Just pre-ordered The Last of Us Part I! I can’t wait to replay this and Part II on the PS5!

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I will get it and replay it eventually but no way am I paying $70 for a remake.

Jedi Ben and FatBurt like this.
  24. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Yep £70 for a game I already own (and can get for free with PS+) is not gonna happen. Especially as we're only really talking cosmetic changes

£20-30 or as an upgrade option if you already own the original, then maybe but not a full price game.

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I blame Jim Ryan for that, not the Naughty Dog team. But I'm still not gonna support that. I'll wait until it's on sale or PS+

Jedi Ben and FatBurt like this.