main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Legacy of the Force: The Last Stand

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Joint GM approved!

Name: Tiom Rordan
    Species: Human
    Personal effects: A standard issue GA pilot blaster, the engagement ring that Syal asks him to keep so he can give it to her officially when the war is done.
    Personal fighter: XJ3 X-wing.
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Bio: Tiom is about as simple and honest as it comes. Genuine in his every interaction, he is a young warrior and worrier, caring about his squadmates and going the extra mile. Lieutenant at a early age, he is a pilot aboard the Second Fleet frigate Mawrunner, which is where he met Syal Antilles, fresh from having transferred from Vibrosword Squadron under the pseudonym Lysa Dunter. They immediately clicked, and a mere three months later they are engaged, ostensibly unofficially, but the couple are so obviously in love that it tends to fall into conversation in-spite of their best efforts.

At present he is assisting with the preparation for the Kuat mission, which Syal and four Aleph-class starfighters have been assigned to, joining Wraith Squadron. In reality Tiom should not be there, but he has pulled a few strings to wave off his fiance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis - Jesse Coulson
    Leaving Briefing.

They'd been dismissed and the murmuring about the room gave her cause to grind her own teeth. He’d goaded her to reacting and she had come close to crossing the line. Scooping up her data pad she leaned into Beka again. “Leads, XO’s only 10 mins.” She hissed before stalking from the room, holding her head up. She wasn’t trained in the Force, but she could feel the dissension in the room, feel that more than 80% of the pilots had bought his speech, were buying into his chest beating, ‘let’s be heroes’ and forgiving is divine crud. Stopping in front of the turbo lift she began to pace, she wanted to be as far as possible from Aden and all the judging eyes she felt were upon her.

She’d almost run, her head held up, but he could see she was upset. Glancing over to where Aden now spoke to others with confidence Jesse gave his head a shake. He’d seen right through the display, the hollow words of bravado and forgiveness, or at least he was sure he did it himself and didn’t allow her reactions to cloud his judgement. Grabbing his own datapad he ran after her, he needed her to know he had her back. “Ma’……Adalia.” He corrected himself as he slowed to reach her, lifting the pad. “What do you want done?”

She was pacing angrily, muttering to herself when she heard her name and stopped to look up. ‘I don’t need that particular distraction.’ She thought angrily. “What?” she snapped.

He raised his eyebrows and gave the datapad a slight shake. “What do you want done?” he asked again, trying to keep the details silent.

Glancing toward the briefing room she could see pilots filing out and coming their way, the lift was still not there and here and now was not the time. She spun the opposite way, the stairs, an escape. She reached back and grabbed his arm. “Come on.” She growled dragging him behind her.

He’d not seen that one coming and found himself stumbling to find his feet and almost dropping his datapad. As they reached the stairs, he wretched his arm free. “I can walk!” he advised her as she began to almost run down the parasteal steps, her boots making a loud sound with every step.

“Yeah? Then try and keep up.” She needed to get space between herself and Aden. Breathing space to calm the hell down and get a grip. She could hear him behind her, keeping up as she’d challenged him to do. Reaching the bottom, she was a little out of breath and spun to face him.

He didn’t predict that move and realised too late he was going to run into her, so put his arm out and wrapped it around her waist to stop them both from falling, gasping slightly as he did so.

She saw, he wasn’t going to stop so put up her hands to stop him landing them on his chest and ending up only centimeters from him. He wasn’t terribly much taller than her and the proximity was unexpected as she tried to slow her breathing.

He was breathing slightly faster having run down the stairs and now she was literally in his arms, well arm and her emerald greens eyes gazing up at him. “What do you want done?” he asked in a low tone.

Adalia was taken aback not only by being held but his courage to not let her go. She’d expected him to back down, or stumble back and apologise but not to stand his ground, it was totally not what she’d read him to be. “Obs Deck 10 minutes.” She hissed as she reached around and pulled his arm off her. “Be there and don’t ever do that again, I’ll break you.” She added as she stepped back before turning and striding away. Her heart was pounding, her stomach churning, a tingle running down her spine, she did not need this! She broke into a run, she needed space from two men now. Reaching her office, she slammed her hand on the control to close and lock the door before putting her back up against it, breathing heavily she thumped the door with her free hand. “Come back to me you kriffin' bastard, I need you.” She almost sobbed as she slid down to the floor. She'd made her decision already, and the last few moments had confirmed it, she needed to get the frack off this ship and out of this stupid war, she wasn't cut out for this anymore. She was too old. She dropped her head back, 'how do I get out without dying in the process?'

He’d caught his breath as she pulled away, the fire in her eyes only served to make his blood pump faster. He’d unnerved her, that was clear, the look on her face, the growl in her voice and the way she’d escaped. He looked down to his boots for a moment before looking up to watch her go, a smile on his lips.

Tag @Rebecca_Daniels

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Adam Lyons
    Adam
    sighed as he popped open the simulator, Getting a bit better every time, but this mission is NOT one I want to do...

Kirney stood outside the simulator, and when Adam looked over, he saw her nose wrinkle as if she could smell him.

He grinned, “I know, I know, but several runs with a mission like that and it quickly becomes a session in the gym.”

Kirney shook her head, “Either way you need a fresher, but... I have the information. Looks like we have an audio recording of a briefing with what are supposed to be co-commanders Tehanis and Kya leading... "

Adam angrily shook his head, “The only thing Aden should be commanding is a pickaxe hitting a rock.”

Kirney raised an eyebrow, “Anyways, I’m sure you wouldn’t be surprised that there was some friction.”

Adam snorted in amusement

“So at least we now know where they’re going to be, Kuat, even the Yards, so we can refine the simulation, which means you need to get a shower and some sleep."

Adam nodded, “Sure thing, though I have three requests and a question. One, can you verify that this is legit, so I’m not ending up in one of the GA’s traps?” He waited for a nod, “Two, could you run through to see how much of the information they give is actually correct?”

Kirney thought it over, “I can but it might take some time, probably not fast enough to allow you to change the mind of anyone who isn’t already wondering about the methodology of the Alliance, but I will see what I can do.”

Adam shrugged, “I kind of expected that, anyways third, is there a way you can reverse that information chain so that maybe we can use them to say get in touch with Wedge, or any of my old squadmates, or anything like that. Especially with former Shadow Sabres, or Twin Suns. That actually might be a higher priority than even checking the briefing for factfulness.”

She gave Adam a sympathetic smile, “I’ll send out feelers, either way, they deserve that much. Finding Wedge will be tough though when Iella doesn’t want them to be found...”

Adam grinned.

Kirney smiled also, “So what was your question?”

“Do you want to fly also? I know you and Myn have those Type Js in the hanger not really doing anything right now. I’d love to have you, having people to trust is important these days.”

Kirney frowned a bit, “I...uh....don’t know about that. There’s still the business, and more importantly our family. I don’t know if I want to relocate, which I may have to if we were to fly. I may actually be better suited behind the scenes as the information master.”

Adam nodded, “I understand, tell you what, for repayment for all this we can use Donoslayne Excursions for some of the logistics we need...don’t know if you want to be the company behind this madness.”

Kirney gave him a weird look, “You seem to be mostly back to normal, but to me, it doesn’t like you’re doing this because you enjoy the work anymore. Are you looking forward to this?”

Adam looked about as miserable as he’d been in a long time, “Not really... I want to save my friends if I can, but I don’t see I don’t know a moral center in this fight...”

Also, this is confirmation that I haven’t been as close as I should have been with them...

Kirney almost looked worried with his darkening mood, “Get some sleep.”

Adam nodded and slowly walked towards the refreshers.

Tag: Noone

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Jumped a gun, who'da thought?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ This is a joint post between @The Real Kyp Durron and myself. Thank you for that :)

~IC~ Mirax and Corran Horn + Kyp Durron
    Location: A board the Pulsar Skate - Rendezvous point in deep space - Kuat Sector

[“We’re all fine. Engines are no longer fluctuating now we’re no longer being shot at."]

Markre's voice could be heard through the cockpit of the Pulsar Skate.

"Well, that's good news." Mirax murmured as she placed the engines on idle. She looked over to Corran as saw he had started his way to her. She caught his eye and pointed over to the lounge module with the holo pad terminal, he gave a small nod and head over there. She patched the communications to there as well.

["The E-wings are intact, but their comms are out. We’ll send a call out to the GA for recovery before we leave, but at least we’ll have no surprises."]

"This will probably get filed under a training exercise." Corran commented as he fired up the terminal. A quick glance out the viewport and he could see the Resolve not far off their port side.

Mirax checked the scopes for Kyp's status. He was bringing the fighter in to dock. She listened as her fingers poised over the docking controls on the flight console, awaiting the signal to secure the fighter to the Puslar Skate.

[“I’m receiving a patch from the Ocean…"]

Secured. Mirax started down the stairs to join Corran.

["…apparently the big briefing is about to start between Jacen’s new pets…"]

She stood beside Corran, her arm through his and held his hand. She felt his fingers interlace with hers and made her smile.

["- Wing Commander’s Aden Kya and Adalia Tehanis.”]

They both glance over to see Kyp arriving.

"Curious…" Corran murmured.

[“Transmitting the feed over.”]

"Ready to receive."

A shaft of light emitted from the holo pad, projecting the recording of the briefing.

"Come on Whistler, nice job out there." Kyp patted the droid's dome before he started back toward the cockpit having locked the X Wing in place. Seeing both Mirax and Corran watching something he slowed slightly, "What are we watching and is it safe to join you two?" he asked.

Corran waved him over. "A feed from the GA Battlecruiser, Ocean…" He said in a hush whisper, his eyes on the holographic representation of the briefing room. They can make out several of the figures in attendance. "You better see for yourself."

Kyp frowned, he could feel Corran's ..........he wasn't sure what the emotion was, curiosity, concern, disbelief? Closing the gap he looked over their shoulders at the feed, not quite hearing what was being said. The holocam showed the room, some of the faces where blurred but one was, revealed. A face he was sure he'd never see again if there was any justice. Aden Kya. "What the kriff?" he muttered with a scowl, "Who let that out?"

"Desperate times… Desperate measures?" Mirax glanced to Kyp. She looked back to see the holoprojector in the footage of the briefing show the Kuat Shipyards. She pursed her lips and squeezed Corran's hand gently as she as she listened to Aden addressing the others. "I suppose it is no coincidence that we are currently situated within the Kuat Sector."

Corran cupped his chin as he frowned, his eyes narrowed as he scrutinised the feed. "Nothing is by coincidence…"

Kyp snorted, "Desperate or stupid?" The holo cam vision began to clear up, come into focus showing the other side of the room, and he felt himself let out the slightest gasp. "What.....?" he didn't have words at first. "Why is she there?" his voice had broken a touch as he saw Adalia. Her body language was fully defensive and her expression of barely controlled anger, he knew that one. His stomach rolled over, what or who had forced her to be there? He leaned closer as he made out the face beside her. "Beka?" he questioned softly, her presence caused a sudden understanding that no one had forced her to be there. Adalia was there by choice. "What is she thinking?" he asked vaguely to no one in particular.

TAG: @The Real Kyp Durron , @Sinrebirth

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC Beka Tiarri and Aden Kya

Beka hadn't said a word during the briefing, barely listened to the rising voices, instead keeping her eyes locked on Aden's movements. What he was planning, she didn't know, but she wasn't going to let him get away with it. And that meant watching his every move.

As he exited the room, Beka jumped up to follow him, not waiting for any of the others. Whatever Addie wanted, it could wait; this had to happen now.

"Aden. We need to talk," she said, voice and expression equally serious. "Privately."

Such focus...

Aden turned back to her, affecting surprise. He eyed one of the side rooms, producing and swiping his card to allow them access. It was a ready room, used for much smaller briefings. Promptly, Aden stepped aside to allow Beka to go first, but being careful to keep his expression neutral.

"After you, of course."

Beka eyed him for a second before entering. He was a Sith but he was clearly trying to be on his best behaviour, at least in public. So she stepped just inside the room, waiting for the door to close behind Aden before making a move.

As soon as it did, she was ready, a forearm to his throat, shoving him back bodily against the nearest empty stretch of wall. Her blaster remained in its holster, but she would use it if she had to.

"You're not fooling anyone, Insipid," she hissed, right in his face. "I am going to put you right back where you belong. Or in the ground, if I have to."

He allowed her to take him, not so much anticipating as expecting her to make a move. “Beka, please. You know the Jensaarai consider our secret names sacred. I suppose I can thank you for not spraying it around the ship, but please. It’s mine.”

His eyes met hers. “I’ll happily go back where you say I belong when this is over, if the government decides that’s what should happen. But at present,” he said, using the Force to slowly push her arm away from his throat with a crook of his finger. “They have decided that they need my help, and I am going to help. Had I control over matters I’d never interact with any of you again - but I have orders to play nice.”

“Do you understand?” He shrugged. “Orders.”

"You don't follow orders." She glared but gave up as his powers pushed her back. "You'll throw us all to the sarlacc the instant it benefits you." Whatever this false pleasantry was, she didn't believe it for a second; it was a means to an end, it had to be. She knew the depths to which Aden could manipulate people, and that had to be what he was doing. To what end, though?

"I will be watching you every step of the way." She leaned in again, voice even but not hiding the depths of her anger and distrust. "Stay away from Addie. She's suffered enough at your hands."

Aden held out his hands, palms out. “I’ll do what I am told to. Colonel Solo is incredibly powerful in the Force, and he’s done far more than I ever did - and he’s a hero for the Galactic Alliance. Burning Kashyyyk, anyone?”

A shrug. “I wouldn’t worry about me, my dear.” He nearly moved his hand to brush her face, but realised she’d probably bite his hand. “I’m just as much trapped as you.”

"Doesn't mean I trust Solo either. You're just a hell of a lot closer. And I know you."

She glanced at the door, and back to Aden. "I have somewhere else to be. Good talk."

Aden narrowed his eyes; they briefly yellowed, and if he had anything but human, it didn’t show. Then they returned to their natural colour, and Aden sniped as she reached the door.

“Nothing else for your old wingmate? Not one more quip, for old times sake, before you blow me out the sky?”

"I've got words for you, lots of them." Her voice was low and bitter, and she only half turned, not looking at him. "But Addie asked me not to, and that's the only reason I haven't blasted your face off." Yet. "Why don't you try framing me for murder again? It has to work eventually."

“We all make mistakes, Beka,” Aden said, softly. “If it helps, I am sorry about what happened. Genuinely.” Aden sigh.

“I was wrong, more times than one. I won’t make that mistake again.” As ever, Aden was as slippery as he was charismatic - unless you were absolutely on your best game, he could convince you of much.

But he had done all he was accused of, at the end of the day.

And much, much, much more.

She let him get the last word, not responding to his supposed apology. There were other things to do, more important places to be than listening to his manipulations. Beka glanced back at him one more time, a silent glare, and left to meet with Addie and the others.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

7. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    IC Mirrax Terrik-Horn, Corran Horn, Kyp Durron.
    On board Pulsar Skate. - special thanks to @Corellian_Outrider for this.

He stood silently behind Corran and Mirax, but internally there was a maelstrom going on. When the feed finished he stepped backward in need of distance, somewhere to think. Heading to the back of the Pulsar Skate, Kyp leaned one hand against the back bulkhead and let his head drop as he closed his eyes. 'Why would she sign up for this? Was because he wasn't there to council her? Did she do it to spite him? And who was the guy whispering in her ear?' He gave his head a shake and needed clear his thoughts, there was a mission to consider, he could think about this later.

"Thanks for the coverage. Please stand by." Corran said over the channel to Markre as he watched Kyp leave. Mirax tugged his hand to guide him away. Corran turned off the holopad.

"We should allow him a moment to his thoughts." She said as she climbed back up to the cockpit.

"Don't worry," Corran said after her and followed behind. "I haven't forgotten why we are here."

Mirax glanced over her shoulder to him then hopped over into the pilot's chair. Communications was still connected with the Jedi Tender. "Resolve, requesting permission to dock."

Corran stood behind her. He had to forget for the moment what he had witnessed in the briefing. 'Was it genuine or a trick? Either way it has to be considered seriously. There was no point in rushing off when their mission was to collect the holocrons. If fallen into the wrong hands…' he dared not imagine what might happen.

Pushing off the bulkhead Kyp sucked in a deep breath, there was a job to be done. Turning around he returned to hear Mirax requesting permission to dock. Folding his arms over his chest he remained silent, there was turmoil inside but he needed to bury that and get on with what was needed. Focus, he closed his eyes and with a long deep breath, he attempted to let it go for the time being with the exhale. "Ready when you are."

The starfields shifted outside the viewport as the Pulsar Skate manoeuvred to initiate docking procedures. Corran stepped down to meet Kyp. The man had been unnerved from what he had seen in the footage, it struck on a more personal level. Corran searching his eyes to see if he was truly ready, then gave a nod. Either way, Kyp would protest if kept behind and the last thing they need at the moment is friction or an incident… especially with the value of their impending cargo.

Corran gave a tight smile as he heard the clang outside the hull. The light on the side of the door indicated the status of the air pressure. "Good. We'll get these to safety and see what we do from there."

Kyp watched Corran approach, he'd closed his own emotions off totally, they were not for anyone else to 'feel'. Their eyes locked and he attempted to make it clear he was fine, for now, and thankfully Corran accepted it. Turning he followed in silence, standing opposite Corran."Just the Holocrons? Is the storage area set?"

The airlock indicator was still amber, soon it be green to notify them that it was clear to leave. Corran arched his brow Kyp and regarded the questions. "Unless you have something else in mind, the mission was just for the Holocrons."

"No plans, just gotta be careful with the Sith one, apparently." He said evenly. "Great I'm quoting instructions now'" he mumbled. "We're good to go."

"Well, at least they cannot fault us for not listening." Corran smirked as the airlock doors opened for them to board the Resolve. "Shall we?"

TAG @Corellian_Outrider @Sinrebirth

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC Adrian Malek, Jesse Coulson, Da'mina Shonest, Ariadne Stark, Adalia Tehanis(combo with @Adalia-Durron and @Rebecca_Daniels, always great to work with you guys)
    Obs Deck

Adalia had composed herself, the basic meditating she'd learned had helped her a lot so by the time she made the Observation Deck, she was in total control. Standing gazing out of the transparasteel view port, its massive size allowing for little to be missed, she took in the vastness of space and her heart ached again, but she was in control of it again now. She now waited for her team, this mess was getting worse by the minute and she hoped one of them had investigated the ships in that ten minutes.

Adrian entered the observation deck and was relieved that he and were Adalia was alone. He was her XO and so he needed to be ahead of the others. After the briefing he had headed into the hangar to check on the on the devices installed on their X-Wing, R7 had been a bit annoyed at leaving his oil bath behind but what they had discovered at their fighters had frightened the little droid. Following Adrian inside the room the astro mech seemed to be determined to stay close to his owner. Stepping next to Adalia Adrian said nothing for a moment, not wanting to disturb her meditative concentration, but already began searching for words to explain what he had found.

Ariadne wasn't far behind, a box tucked under her arm that she'd had to fetch from her quarters. If this was as important a meeting as she'd been led to believe, they'd need it. For now, only Adalia and Adrian had arrived, the former of which seemed to be lost in thought.

"You've never been late in your life, have you?" she teased quietly as she stepped up beside Adrian, placing the box at her feet, waiting for the rest.

Adalia closed her eyes and smiled, she was 100% sure Ariadne was right. She didn't turn though; it was a good chance for them to talk thinking she wasn't really listening.

Adrian suppressed the impulse to roll his eyes and instead gave Ariadne a quick smile. "You know, there are two things the galaxy knows us Eriaduan's for: Blowing up Alderaan and never being late. I'm innocent of the former but can't deny being guilty of the later."

Da'mina led the way as his Lead Jesse read the intel from hangar deck. He'd managed to get his droid down there to scan and it was confirmed, tracking devices had been placed under the X foil of every member of Adalia's wing. Every Twin Suns, every Wild Knightz and every Phoenix member. 'But why' he wondered glancing over his shoulder so see the scowl on Jesse's features. It was clear the human man was wondering the same thing. He stopped just outside the Observation Deck. "Sir, I have to wonder why?" he asked quietly, "Why only 'her' wing of this command? Does someone expect defectors? Are we not to be trusted?"

Jesse almost ran into Da'mina, 'that's twice today' he thought as he stopped. 'Gotta start paying more attention.' "I don't know anything for sure, but you saw the tension back there, there's history and it can't be pretty." he replied as he closed off the data pad. "That and she's rattled big time, practically ran back to her office." he explained as he passed the data pad back. "Whatever Aden did, has her messed up a bit.......but I suspect there is more going on under the surface here too." He pursed his lips in thought. "Let's just hear what she has to say and then make some decisions after that."

Da'mina gave a single nod as he reattached his datpad to his belt. "This war is clearly a very messy one indeed Sir." he stated before stepping aside to allow Jesse to enter the area first and following behind.

Adalia heard the murmurings in the passageway but sensed the approach more so. She was keenly aware of him now, and needed to make sure she kept her distance. As they entered she noted 'no Beka', but that didn't surprise her. As much as Adrian had never been late for anything, Beka was renowned for never being early for anything. She was usually just on time or ever so slightly late, but always there. So, when she turned to the four behind her before moving to a corner where a speaker like box was, she knew it would only be a few moments before Beka was there, she opened the box. Without a word she lifted her comlink and indicated with her head for them all to do the same she placed hers in, glancing at them all to do the same. She looked to Ariadne and then to her feet to the box with a raised eyebrow. This woman was on the ball, she suspected she'd covered what Beka had been asked to cover and as Adalia stood she unclipped her data pad and handed it to the younger woman indicating the others to do the same. Turning back to the speaker, she smiled and touched another small purple coloured button at the base. Music began to pump out from the speaker, loud heavy music, with a meaning. If anyone attempted to listen to what was being said, their comlinks were close and they'd hear nothing, but the words of the song were quite appropriate.

OOC Read the words even if you are NOT a Nickelback fan......it’s appropriate.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Caedus
    Ready room

As Beka left Aden, he flexed his hands once, and twice, trying to stay calm. He couldn’t afford to lose his patience, or his temper. He would be taken off the board, one way or the other, if he did. Kya had to be above petty vengeance.

It is what had complicated matters to start off with, and though prison had given him a lot more freedom than one would have expected, it had isolated him, and he could ill-afford isolation if he was to progress in the long term.

“How curious,” came a voice, and Aden started, turning to the holoproj in the centre of the table. It had activated of its own accord, and Aden was so absorbed in his own ruminating that he had been surprised. The figure had black robes, with the cowl up, concealing his face in shadow. But the voice; he knew it from his prison cell. “Colonel Solo?”

“Quite so,” for a brief moment, a flare in the Force, draped around his throat, confirmed that it was him. Jacen Solo had briefly allowed Aden to sense him so that he would always know who it was watching him. Once again, as his throat tightened, Aden rued being so weak in the face of a Skywalker. A Chosen One.

He had no idea why Jacen was hiding his face, as to be all enrobed was not his style, but he had also heard rumours of the brutal brawl with Luke Skywalker - perhaps Jacen was concealing his wounds, so as to not suggest weakness? The claw on his throat squeezed, and Aden dismissed his thought train lest it betray him further. “Can I - can I help?”

[​IMG]

“Insipid, was it?” Jacen released Aden, slowly.

Aden gasped. “To have a secret name is a Sith tradition, and I am a Jensaarai, after all. A ‘Bright Sith,’ some say. Thankfully Masters Skywalker and Horn intervened before we entirely fell.”

“Yes,” said Solo, not sounding particularly convinced. “Insipid... but not Darth Insipid?”

Aden grimaced internally, but made sure to use the techniques his masters had taught him to hide his thoughts. She’d promised that only pain would break said protection, and only if Aden surrendered. “Never a Darth, sir. Now Lumiya is dead, the Sith are finally gone. She had no apprentice, as far as we are aware.”

True.

Jacen paused, and Kya wondered if he detected uncertainty in the man. He was clearly trying to flush out a confession, but Kya suddenly realised that Jacen had one too - perhaps many. Aden Kya narrowed his eyes and Jacen laughed - short, sharp, dispelling the moment. “I will continue to watch you, Colonel Kya. But now it is time. I am to make a trip, and your mission will be cover for it. An orderly withdrawal from Kuat, and we can put those new ships back into the frontline. Leave no resource behind that the Confederation can use against us.” An invisible caress upon his throat. “Are we clear?”

Aden nodded. “Yes, sir.”

“Good.” And with that, Jacen Solo was gone.

Aden realised he was sweating. Solo actually scared him. He tried to reacquire his focus; Adalia would pounce if he demonstrated any weakness. But, the more he thought about it, the more he realised that the conversation had done nothing; Aden was about to move matters along anyway.

Was Solo simply demonstrating his omniscience?

For a long moment, Aden wondered if Lumiya had truly completed the training of Jacen Solo - was Aden tangling with a Dark Lord of the Sith? Rather than in awe of the possibility of joining the millennium-long legacy of Darth Bane, the Sith’ari, the Sith version of the Chosen One, which included Darth Sidious and Darth Vader, Aden Kya felt only trepidation. He wasn’t ready. He was afraid.

And when he was afraid, Aden knew what to do.

Strike back.

Hands shaking in-spite of himself, Aden Kya brought up his comlink, tuning it to the Ocean tannoy. “All pilots to their fighters; we launch in fifteen minutes. Operation is a go.”

Taking a deep breath, he pulled his confident, arrogant exterior to his face, and marched out, snapping orders at anyone not moving. He would get to his fighter and launch, and lead the Galactic Alliance to victory.

It was good to be the good guy again.

Sure enough, word spread across the entire ship. Rogue Wing was a go. With that, word spread to the spies, who spread it to the Jedi and Corellians and Hapans and Mandalorians...

... and to others, in their shadows.

TAG: All

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Colonel Moyan
    Aboard the Dodonna, Kuati dock

The order Aden Kya gave drifted across the HoloNet, and via an encrypted channel reached the Dodonna. A Galactic-class battle carrier, it was essentially a modern version of the Star Destroyer, to which it had been designed as a successor - roughly the same length and with a similar command tower and bridge atop the hull, but it was broader and blunter in shape, and one and a half times the tonnage of the older ships. There appeared to be several hangars on the Galactic-class, with the forward-port-flange starfighter hangar housing four and a half squadrons and being the size of a sports arena.

Essentially, it took all the positive aspects of the Imperial terror machine and remade them into a softer version, much as the Alliance fielded Star Defenders instead of Star Dreadnoughts.

Colonel Moyan, a black-furred Bothan, had been given command of transferring the Dodonna and twenty smaller ships - five frigates and fifteen corvettes - to Coruscant, with a skeleton crew mostly made up of survivors of the week-long Battle of Kuat. They were the last GA assets in-system since the Fourth Fleet had retreated, escorting the damage Megador, because any major move to reinforce the system would result in the Confederation deploying a much larger force. In their wake hundreds of warships were strewn, all crippled or damaged or broken beyond repair, an incredibly costly engagement to have essentially ended in a brutal draw.

But now Moyan and his small crews had to get these ships out-system without the Confederate's capturing or destroying them, and he barely had enough exhausted and wounded men and women to get the ships into space, let alone out-system. A few weapon batteries had been automated, but not enough to make any difference in quite literally any military engagement. The Kuati techs had finished the ships about a day ago, but the GA needed to put together a force to extract them.

A six squadron Rogue Wing was all they had to spare, and apparently it was cobbled together from retired veterans, former criminals, and young and inexperienced recruits.

Moyan was not impressed, and for the twentieth time since the war had began he absently rued having sworn an oath of loyalty to the GA. But he had, so he was here regardless of what happened - even with Bothans as members of the Confederation.

Looking again over the order from Colonel Kya, Moyan took a deep breath. "Rogue Wing is en route, everyone. Prepare to make way."

---
    Near Kuat, Corellian side

The Confederate task force gathered, and Admiral Babo, a Bothan like Moyan, reflected on the necessities of this. Babo had failed to convince the Hapans, Wookiees and Jedi to join the Confederation, but the destruction of half of the Fifth Fleet at the Battle of Kashyyyk had been worth it. With the neutrality of the Hapans, the Confederation now outgunned the Alliance on the frontline.

Diplomats had been dispatched to the Corporate Sector and Imperial Remnant seeking support, but only to keep them divided between the GA and them. Babo eyed the rendezvous point, another new task force of elderly ships shaping up, based around an old Victory-class Star Destroyer, the Valorum, and though the Corellians had that earmarked for another mission it was to hand if needed. Babo shuffled that information away; he had his own battle to win and he didn't need the Valorum, nor its escorts.

His Bothan Assault Cruiser Vindicator, a borrowed Corellian Corvette Sabaton, and five squadrons of I-7 Howlrunners. Five assault shuttles of Commenori commandos, all prepared to capture the Dodonna, the true prize. The Confederation had fighters to spare - more than it had capital ships, actually. So capturing a battle carrier would be perfect for the next phase of the war.

[​IMG]
    Vindicator

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bothan_Assault_Cruiser

[​IMG]
    Sabaton

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/CR90_corvette

[​IMG]
    Incom Corporation I-7 Howlrunner

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/I-7_Howlrunner

All he needed to do was wait for the Dodonna to begin to depart, and they would launch, snatch the enemy ships, and defend the planet from any GA counter-attack.

Not that there would be one - Bothan Intelligence knew how stretched the GA was. Releasing Aden Kya from prison? Recruiting Adalia Tehanis? Were they insane? Knowing Colonel Solo, they probably were.

Bearing his fangs to himself, looking forward to the hunt, Admiral Babo made ready to leave. Encrypted communications were flowing to Kuat, and although Babo could not crack the message, he could guess what it meant.

Launch.

TAG: No-one

11. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Adam Lyons, Kirney Slane, Myn Donos

A quick nap and shower later Adam was sitting down in what served as the dining area in the complex for breakfast.

Hey Adam, want to tell me about Adalia?

Adam looked up to see both Myn and Kirney sitting in front of him, “Adam, I’m asking because why are you joining in this now? You know what’s happened to Wedge, you didn’t overtly act then, so why now?

Adam frowned for a moment, “Then it was confusion about what was going on, and not knowing what to do. Now, she’s a good friend who is stuck working with her worst enemy, who tried to send the entire squadron to jail at least and most likely shot by a firing squad. She needs out of that, and might help sort out some of my confusion.

Kirney nodded, “Probably a good thing. I heard she has something of a temper.

Adam grinned, “You know what happened to Cardia after the Sun Crusher showed up?

Yeah?

That.

Adam shook off the excess of whatever drink Myn spat out in a spit take that will be told for years to come with a good deal of humor, “I’m glad you like the joke, I just wish that it didn’t mean I had to take another shower.

Another shower later...

Adam sighed as he sat in his fighter. This was a mission that he didn’t want to do.

I don’t want to have to shoot at Adalia...but I don’t have much of a choice.

He looked at the message, added a couple of encryption barriers, along with a code to corrupt the message in case the GA would be curious, which they would.

You know this is about the craziest thing I’ve ever seen anyone do.Adam looked over and saw Kirney smirking at him.

Adam grinned, “Yeah, well you added to it. Then again, it could be worse, I could be trying to disable a Super Star Destroyer with nothing but my wits, an astromech droid, and an army of mouse droids."

Kirney’s eyes narrowed, “I’ll get you for that...get going with your insane mission...otherwise I'll have to get into one of those StealthXs and really give you trouble...

I finally got her...finally a win.

Adam put his helmet on, and during the process of powering up his E-wing a voice popped over his comm system, “You know if I have to make a choice, it won’t go well for you Adam...

Adam laughed, “Myn, you know it’s a game between the two of us. That and it’s very rare when I can outsmart her.

Laughter came over the comm system, “That makes two of us, good luck Adam. May the Force be with you.

TAG: Noone, yet
    OOC: Had to fix a mistake I made with the Donoslayne X-wings, this description is correct.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC: Adalia Tehanis, Adrian Malek
    Hangar deck (in cockpit ready to Launch) The Ocean.

The meeting had been short, 3 minutes and 20 seconds to be exact, as that was the length of the piece of music with its warning message was. It’d only taken minutes to suit up, after all these years it was second nature to her and as she slipped into the cockpit, she subconsciously glanced at the wing she knew was bugged. They’d made the decision to leave them, they weren’t explosive devices, so let him watch her in action. He might be surprised. Flicking switches and bringing things online without even looking she allowed the canopy to close as she opened comms. “Bouncer, Blaze, get your teams to check in.” she ordered, “Phoenix, sound off, callsigns only!” she wanted to hear her new XO struggle with this one.

"Understood... Vixen," Adrian replied, rolling his eyes. He slowly began to get used to the Adalia's leadership style and had decided to avoid long discussions about it, at least for now. As with the name Tehanis Adalia’s callsign seemed to fascinate his father. Adrian wondered what connection existed between the two, did they know each other? Or was it just his father who knew of Adalia's actions? He would ask her about it after the mission he decided before turning his concentration to the task before them.

She looked at the comm and smirked, she needed his amusement right now. "Who is that by the way? Didn't catch your call!" She tormented as she glanced down to the right side and smiled. The small 'joystick' on the inside wall of the cockpit was there and ready to use if needed. She was grateful for the increased shields and speed she'd paid for and even more grateful this was HER ship, not one given to her as that was never going to happen. The tracker was the only foreign thing, Sparks had confirmed that.

Adrian sighed but replied, nonetheless. "Youngblood, calling in." He was still not sure what to make of the name but could already hear his sister teasing him about it. They had called their father "veteran" he believed but wasn't sure. Then he briefly turned around. "R7 can you please check our com channels, just in case." It had likely been just her teasing him, but it was better to have the com checked.

Adalia gave a nod as he responded, "Ok the rest of you go." she listened quietly as she checked her power levels, her torps and the power on her secret weapon. This was going to be a tough ask, but she'd use whatever she could, in the past she had, and her methods were less than military tactics at best. Once they'd all checked in, she opened a comm to all three Squadrons. "Ok team, listen up. We have lots of targets and lots to do, so keep your heads, listen to your leads, and no showboating, am I making myself clear?" She didn't listen for the answers from them all, closed it immediately, then opened to Adrian only. "Youngblood, if I give an order, don't question me. I might need to be unorthodox, and I need you to lead if I do so, can you handle that?"

"I can," Adrian said though the vague wording made him a little nervous. What did unorthodox mean? Was she implying anything truly forbidden or dangerous? Or just outside of the box strategies? Now it was too late to think about it he knew. He had promised to stay with her and follow her orders. "We have each other’s backs in this." He confirmed his answer a few seconds later.

"Good to hear, let's do this."

TAG @Rebecca_Daniels @Anedon @Sinrebirth

13. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rhoen Aquilla
    Aboard the Ocean

Rhoen couldn't help himself, as he got to his fighter he turned his head to see Syal in the arms of Tiom. The pain lanced his heart again that feeling of having something taken away from you. Or seeing something you want but cannot have. He shook his head turning away. Looking into the fuselage of his X-Wing he caught a reflection in a polished bit of metal. It was of course the happy couple. Seemed fate wanted to throw this in his face to remind him that his heart got ahead of reality. That he let himself get drawn in by a pretty face without learning who they were.

This was his punishment it seemed. He half heartedly did his walk around still 'accidentally' catching Syal in his gaze every now and again. His eyes were looking for another place to rest something else to take his mind off things. He hoped Loriana showed up soon, they could talk about their strategy, about how they're going to work together family, her favorite color anything, anything to get his mind off heartache in his chest.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Loriana Starskimmer on the Ocean Hangar Deck

Loriana perused her fighter. It was sleek and streamlined. She grinned thinking about the quirky R2 units she'd read about in history classes. She'd be sure to give her own a snappy nickname. She caught sight of Rhoen Aquilla close by as he did the once-over on his own fighter. On her way across the hangar, she'd caught sight of the jubilant reunion between Syal and some very attractive gentleman. Oops, Loriana thought, that's gonna nip some happy crushing in the bud, if she didn't miss her signals ... Rhoen had started to feel some sparks for Syal...

Loriana paused and wondered -- should she go over and try to distract Rhoen, or would he just be glad of being left alone? She shrugged ... it was best if they all got their head in the game--as if the mission itself wasn't arduous enough, all the tension and sniping between the higher-ups would definitely throw something more in the mix that they didn't need with so much on the line. Aden ... now what did Loriana really think about his whole line of -- dare she call it drivel? There was no doubting that Darth Vader had been redeemed in a most spectacular fashion, and even way back, Revan had returned ...

She made her way over to Rhoen finally and said: "Quite the briefing, what? And we haven't even gotten into the real battle yet. Personally, I am going to reserve judgment on that whole speech Colonel Kya gave, but just between us, Colonel Tehanis gave me the vibes of being someone I could more easily trust ... not that she doesn't have her own biases, of course, but I get the feeling she's a clear-minded leader and not anyone's puppet."

@Sinrebirth \ @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Aboard the Ocean

Thank the force she was talking to him he would have let out a sigh of relief if he wasn't worried about being an absolute fool. Thankfully she gave him something to think about. The fact that their two commanders were at each other's throats and that one of them was a criminal once upon a time. Seemed Loriana wasn't fully buy his talk of turning over a new leaf and that she trusted Tehanis a little more. He wasn't quite sure where he fell. Tehanis was passionate, and fiery but that could get one into trouble faster than anything else.

Though he wanted to believe Kya there was something just not lining up. However he was going to wait before saying anything. It would be wrong of him to be suspicious of the man before even getting to know him.

"Well, Tehanis while being nobody's puppet is a fine trait there is a line between being independent and being insubordinate. Her being in such a high station gives her a lot of leyway in that regard but, she still has to answer to someone. And if she disobeys an order because it 'doesn't suit her' or 'would give glory to someone undeserving of it' she could find herself quickly thrown out. Or create confusion within the ranks. Not saying you're wrong just that she's showing signs that worry me. Not that Kya is a saint either he did something to get himself in prison but, we should give him time to prove who he is now that he is out of the spice mines. I guess it comes back to I watch your back you watch mine." It felt nice to talk to someone about anything it got her mind off the most recent heartbreak.

"So what squadron were you with before joining this one?"

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Loriana on the Hangar Deck of the Ocean
    Loriana absorbed the words of Rhoen about each of the co-commanding officers. "Yeah, I see what you mean about watching each other's backs and keeping our eyes open ... I was with the Corellian Sector Defense Force before coming out here. It's crazy in the home sector, and I felt like the best place to be was anywhere else."

@galactic-vagabond422

17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC Ilona Malek
    Eriadun Military Base, Training Facility

Their blades clashed and Ilona put her strength in the hit for a few seconds both fighters tried to overpower the other, then Ilona jumped back causing her opponent to stumble as the blade block ended. But the advantage lasted only a second so Ilona started another attack this time aimed at the right shoulder. Kat was slower due to her momentary stumbling but managed to catch herself quickly, taking a step back as well to get outside the reach of her commanders sword. Seizing the opportunity Ilona followed her XO driving her towards the edge of the fighting place and attempted a series of quick attacks, but Kat managed to block them all. A quick counter reversed their positions and now Ilona was the one being driven back by her XO. The fight had been going on like this for quite a while, neither of the opponents had been able to get herself a decisive advantage. In a short moment of rest Ilona whipped of the sweat from her forehead and ran her hand through her short black hair. "Are you already tired colonel Malek? Seems you nobles don´t have the constitution to keep up with us common soldiers." Kat teased her with a grin. "Sergeant Katharina Ricter, the opponent who can tire me out still needs to be born," Ilona shot back and returned the smile. The fight continued commander and XO drove each other back and forth, attempting all tricks and strategies they could come up with, but neither was able to overcome the other defenses for more than a light scratch. Finally, after hours it seemed to them both stepped away from each other, a silent truce, enforced by exhaustion. "If we say I let you live because you are the younger one?" Ilona suggested coughing from the exhaustion, her muscles burned knowing she couldn´t do this another round. "By barely two months, but I can´t beat but my squad commander too hard or she would lose all respect with the other officers so I agree to declaring this a draw." Both finally lowered their blades and shook hands with each other. This duel had been their evening ritual for many years now, were they would exhaust each other before going to sleep. By this point they had become the best fencers in the ORSF that nobody else even dared to challenge anymore, but amongst each other they were equally matched, sometimes one of them won a duel with a new trick or a stroke of luck but the odds were evened again the next day. Sitting down next to each other the two women drank some water from their flasks. "Heard anything from your brother?" Kat asked her. "Dad send me a message to day, apparently he was reassigned to a new flight." Since the tensions between Eriadu and the GA leadership had become more and more tense Adrian had send messages more rarely than before and Ilona was worried what would became of him if Eriadu would secede from the central government. "I´m sure he will be okay," Her XO tried to cheer her up a bit. "I hope so, wish he hadn´t joined this dammed army." Her brother had tried to downplay it but Ilona knew he had been mistreated by his old commander for begin an Eriaduan, she hoped this new one was better but if things continued as they were his homeworld would get her brother into even more trouble. "This is all escalating so quickly," Ilona admitted to her friend. "Some of the higher officers are speaking about moving out soon, some say we will send some of our forces to the meet with the forces of the confederacy. I just pray we won´t face my brother in battle." There was little that seemed worse to her than fighting against her own family members. But it seems that these days the whole galaxy was forced into killing their own kin. Ilona had seen much suffering and death in the Vong war, but this was something different, not a fight for survival against a extragalactic invader, this time the people of the galaxy did it to themselves. "Dam this whole war," Kat said and Ilona could only agree with her.

Tag: Anyone

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya
    Prepping, launching, swearing

The hangar exploded into activity, and Aden and his half of the Wing leapt to the occasion. Captain Lensi gathered the Rogues, and Captain Saz the Blackmoons, X-wings and E-wings each. The Wraiths were a mixed bag, with Colonel Kya in his experimental TIE Blur and his wingmate in a TIE Advanced, the rest of the First and Second Flight's in X-wings, and Third Flight in Aleph's. His XO, Vua, led Second Flight, and Syal Antilles, as a lieutenant, led Third Flight. Aden had little involvement in the disposition of the other two flights, opting to give Vua and Antilles the opportunity to manage their own contributions.

But First Flight was four pilots - in One was himself, and in Two was the garrulous loner just known as 'Two', who had not been present at the briefing but Aden had personally vetted. If someone thought about it, nobody had met nor seen Two since he had arrived, and he was just Two. For security reasons, if anyone asked, Aden would say. Three and Four were, of course, Loriana and Rhoen. Aden for a moment frowned at Rhoen, for in the Force he was... well, he was churning with emotion.

Aden moved on, as they did not have time to worry about the well-being of the pilot. The battle itself would weed out his issues... or him. His mother was made of hardy stock, so hopefully Rhoen would be too. He briefly checked the locations of Adalia and Beka, to be sure they were in their cockpits. Good, good.

Without much further ado, he kicked his Blur off the cockpit, and expected his squadrons to follow him. Within moments, they were at the jump-point, and at his signal, seventy two Alliance fighters... jumped.

--
    Less than half an hour later

The Alliance shut down all the Interdictors and gravity mines strewn between Coruscant and Kuat for the duration of Rogue Wing's jump, and switched them on as soon as their projected path crossed onwards - a small window the Confederates would not be able to take advantage of. With a hyperlane straight to Kuat from Coruscant, the jump could be a short one, and so it was.

Within minutes, they had arrived, and Aden had Rogue and Blackmoon Squadrons hold position at the exit while he watched the other three squadrons under Adalia's command go about their business. The Dodonna, all 1600 metres of its bulk, was already heading towards them, with five frigates and fifteen corvettes following. All had very minimal life signs, and Aden knew not to expect much in the way of support.

For a handful of seconds, they were in the clear, and then...

They arrived. The Bothan Assault Cruiser, the Corellian corvette, and five squadrons of Howlrunners. Aden hissed. The corvette and sixty Howlrunners rushed for the Dodonna, and Aden bit his lip. "Permission to assist, One?" That was Antilles, across the Wraith channel.

"Denied, Nine." Aden said. "Keep close unless Colonel Tehanis calls for us. We have to keep the jump-point open for as long as possible - if that cruiser moves on us, we'll need all squadrons to keep the way open."

"Five here," said Vua. "That corvette is going to be murder on our fighters, if we are not careful."

"Tehanis knows what she's doing, Five." Aden grit his teeth. This was becoming complicated. He toggled the channel to Adalia. "Wraith Squadron is positioning to keep the cruiser busy, if it moves. I can release the Rogues if you need them, but the minute that cruiser moves, we will have to pull-back."

The cruiser began to open fire with long-range fire, but they were completely out of range, and the bolts achieved very little but to cover the corvettes initial approach. By the time the corvette could fire, it would be out of range of the cover, anyway - the moment the corvette did, its guns spat fire, and Aden watched the gold-red fire hit a fighter in Adalia's squadrons.

"Sithspit." He realised he was still on the comm to Adalia, and cut the channel so he didn't distract her anymore than he had to. Their professional and personal enmity had to be put aside so nobody died, after all. He re-opened the Wraith channel as a four-ship flight of Howlrunners suddenly approached Wraith Squadron from an oblique angle - beneath them, so as to force them to move.

"Three, Four, drive them off. Howlrunners are hardy, but try and save your torpedoes for the cruiser."

---
    Aboard the cruiser

Admiral Babo nodded slowly, pleased so far. The corvette would break up the three squadrons escorting the GA capital ships, and then his shuttles could jump in. They were launched, holding behind the sensor shadow of the cruiser so the GA fighters could not detect them so easily. With their shields and armament, the shuttles were more gunboat than landing craft, so they could handle a few fighters - but there was no point risking commandos unless he had to.

He was tempted to call in the Valorum, because a Victory-class Star Destroyer would be a good scare for the GA, but over-committing here meant not keeping the GA on the back foot elsewhere.

"Prepare engines, we will be going in when our fighters soften them up." Then his shuttles would have cover all the way into the battle, which was perfect. All the corvette need do was cut apart the GA formation and it was over.

Babo bared his fangs.

To the hunt.

---
    Aboard the Ocean, Coruscant

Waiting to transfer back to the shuttle which would take him back to the Mawrunner, Tiom Riordan took a deep breath with the other techs and mechanics watching the update screen from Kuat. The Mawrunner had no orders to support Rogue Wing, so they, and by extension Syal, were on their own.

Not so, thought Tiom.

Rhoen had her back.

--
    Edge of the Kuat system

The battle had began. Seventy two GA fighters against a kilometer long cruiser, a corvette perfect for anti-starfighter missions, and sixty Confederate fighters. But there was more to it. Even from this distance, the Force whispered of the danger hiding to the rear of the cruiser, even as Corran, Kyp, and Mirax watched, though Mirax would not be aware of the latter.

The Force swirled in the Kuat system, and not just because Aden Kya's presence polluted it, nor because the holocrons were causing their own ripples.

It was not warning the Jedi away, so much as presenting them with the option to intervene, as serendipity would have it.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Adalia-Durron, @The Real Kyp Durron, @Corellian_Outrider

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adrian Malek - Adalia Tehanis
    Launching from The Ocean and Engaging Over Kuat.

Launch had gone smoothly, and she knew Aden had taken his team in the opposite direction. Her comm opened, it was Aden, her skin crawled again. He was offering help! How kriffin’ dare he? She’d die before she accepted his help, chances are he’d be the one to kill her. “Thanks, but no thanks, Colonel, we got this.” She was about to shut the connection when she heard him swear before he closed the connection. That caused her to frown for a moment, but only a moment.

Adalia had the targets all on her screens, and there was a lot out there, she opened her comm to her squadrons. “Twin Suns, Wild Knightz, Phoenix, listen up. By my count we have 60 incoming and a kriffin great Corvette out the back, we’re 40 clicks out. Bouncer take your team port and up, Blaze, Starboard and down. Come at them with torps at distance. These guys are fast and like close combat, so we take as many out before we greet them, even the odds. Leave the Corvette to me, go now.”

Diving hard, she had her target on the scopes now, she opened a private comm. “Youngblood, Phoenix is yours, I’m going …. unorthodox” she said sharply before closing the comm down and accelerating with her increased speed. The Corvette was looming, but she had a lot to avoid getting to it. Barrel rolling to avoid the incoming fire from the Howlrunners as well as the incoming fire from the Corvette. Her increased shields were offering enough protection, and with the speed she was racing right past them. Her screens showed a couple of the ships were doing 180 degree turns to chase her, she smiled ‘let ‘em try’. She was coming up on the big ship and it was firing, her instincts kicked in and she allowed the Force to guide her rudders as she rolls, juked and twisted to avoid all incoming fire to dive. “Ok Sparks, get ready to scan.” She looked down for a split second, it was time to go fast and without looking a second time she flicked the switch under the dash before pushing the throttle forward. The craft groaned but duly responded and she pulled hard to control it at that speed, diving under the corvette and skimming its surface to come out on the other side. There is was, her target. “Sparks, scan that ring habitat, how many life forms?” The remaining pieces of the partially destroyed ring around Kuat had small pockets of habituated areas, this was what she was looking for, as the corvette was hovering all too close to a couple of them. A series of beeps told her what she wanted to hear. “Five? Can you get the ‘abandon Ship’ alarms going there? Get them all off?” The droid gave her a quick happy chirp to indicate he could. “Do it”. She was close now and had to get low, only 3-4 meters off the surface of the habitat. Across her screen the readouts told her the escape pods were jumping off, she smiled as one, two, three…….and a few seconds later, four. Only four? She’d reached the edge and dived over to pull up hard and loop under it. “Life signs?” She was now skimming the underbelly of the structure, scanning as she went.there it is’ she thought with a wry smile as the droid responded. “All gone? Two in one? Good.” At the speed she was moving it was too late to turn around, she’d have to go out and come back. The Corvette was looming again, this time it was upside down as she was, but really who was right way up in space? Just as she reached the edge, an escape pod shot past, Sparks screamed and she dived to avoid it, feeling it skim over her shields. “Ohooo that was close.” She muttered, before rolling to avoid more incoming fire, she could feel them, years of fighting had honed her ability to sense incoming fire and how to avoid it, the pod on the other hand was a new experience. Looping back toward the habitat she looked up toward its ‘bottom’ to spot what she wanted, pulling back to slow slightly. “Sparks, see that tank, is it full?” the droid gave quick beep to confirm. “Excellent” she murmured, she’d been almost sure before she’d even decided to do this, where else would it all go? The droid then beeped and whistled again. “I know it’s full of ……refuge, but what does that make? Methane.” she said with a mischievous grin as she targeted the tank, “methane goes boom, in a big way, hang on.” She fired quads at the tank and accelerated full to blast through the burgeoning explosions. As she came out the other side behind her, she could feel the shock waves as the entire habitat began to explode, she smiled. If it was hitting her, it was hitting the Corvette harder as she was moving away, it wasn’t. Looping around 90 degrees and accelerating to move away, she glanced out her side view to see the structure exploding, several large pieces hurtling toward the Corvette, and that was her plan, they were occupied now. She opened a comm “Update Youngblood, where are we?”

Adrian was in deep concentration, trying his best to ignore the things happening around them, leaving most of the flying to R7. He had only two torpedoes on his craft, only two weapons able to effectively pierce their opponents shields, and so with the enemy outnumbering them around two to one every shoot counted. He saw the enemy Howlrunner dodge and dance through the void, trying to decipher a patter in his enemies’ movement, so he could figure out where he would be two seconds later, when the torpedo would reach him. When the Howlrunner began another dodging action, Adrian fired at the most likely position and his heart stopped for a moment as the photon projectile speed through the nothingness and collided with its target. It was a great hit breaking through his opponents shields and turning his craft into a small sun for a few seconds. It was frighteningly easy to end a life up here Adrian knew, just a small explosion in the distance that was all that remained of the enemy pilot. Before taking aim with his second torpedo he looked around to get a better understanding of the battlefield. The Phoenix Squadron still surrounded him, though it seemed they had already lost one of their numbers. When engaging the enemy Adrian had ordered them to take aim at their own decision, the Howlrunners where too fast for coordinated attacks. But they had destroyed three more enemy fighters so far. When Adalia´s voice reached him, he gave her a short report, "lost one, shot down four enemies. Most of us down to one torpedo."

Adalia listened and swore. "Not good enough" she spat, thankfully the comm was not open. "On my way back." she responded to him "Coming in from behind." She accelerated toward the rear of the ships she'd recently scooted past. Targeting one of the enemy ships, she waited till she got 'tone' and let a torpedo go before rolling down. She needed to even these odds.

Sparks began to whistle curiously so she gave her screens a quick once over and frowned. What was that? She questioned internally, an outline, a vague hint at something nearby. Turning sharply again to avoid the incoming fire from one of the Howlrunners who’d noticed her, she gritted her teeth and targeted it, releasing her second torpedo, she didn’t have time to play. Sparks whistled again; the image was there again. “Is that an E Wing?” she questioned out loud, “Sparks Is it?” She began to spin and pull up to avoid the debris from the ship she’d just destroyed. An excited beep confirmed it. “Who…?” she murmured as she scanned the horizon, her heart began to race, he couldn’t be here. He’d be insane to be here! She knew he’d gone to ground; she knew when the war started many of her Corellian friends had disappeared so as to avoid the conflict. She briefly wondered why’d she’d not done the same and snorted at her own stupidity. There is was again, and her gut churned now, the feeling of familiarity washed over her for an ever so brief moment. “Adam.” She breathed.

Adrian watched as his second torpedo claimed another of the enemy starfighter. Two out of two, not bad considering how fast they are but the utter minimum we have to put out here to even stand a chance of survival. For a moment he asked himself if their superiors had just given then this mission to die. His father had told him some stories of what he had experienced in the rebellion and admitted that he sometimes had felt the same about their mission objectives. But dad came out of it alive, so I can do it too. He knew that with his heavier ammunition gone he could only do little against their enemies, but he knew that at least the enemies who had gotten a graze by one of the torpedoes were vulnerable enough for his turbolasers. When Adalia replied to his report he believed to her frustration in her voice but decided to ignore it. "Understood, got another one but now I´m out of heavy ammunition. Staying close to you to provide cover."

Something hit her, but nothing hit her. It didn’t make sense. Then something exploded between her and Adrian as he'd come in to sit far back on her wing, where the two enemy ships had settled between them, one of the Howlrunners dived away. Opening a channel to him she ordered, “Youngblood, the divers yours, take it, I got the other.” She figured Adrian had done something, she wasn’t sure what, but it didn’t matter. “Ok Sparks, its time to show them our surprise.” Behind her the little droid gave an excited chirp. “How close is he?” she asked. Another chirp and whistle translated on screen told her what she needed to hear. “Nice.” She muttered as she eased off the accelerator and reached down with her right hand to the mini joystick down there. “Show me” she almost whispered as the droid flipped the front screen to show the rear of her ship, and a mini targeting system. A slow smile spread over her lip as she glanced between forward and rear screens. “Come on, just a little closer…………..There we go.” Pushing the button on the inner hull of her ship she smiled and took aim. Behind her and Sparks two long channels in the upper rear of her engine opened and two long laser cannons emerged and locked into place. “And say goodbye.” She said with a touch of sarcasm as the she pulled the joysticks trigger. Lasers lanced out from the rear of her craft as the tailing Howlrunner hitting it at close range, it took several hits, but they had the desired affect as the ship exploded. “Thank you very much” she said with a smirk. “Youngblood? You good?”

Adrian pressed the fire button of his X-Wing and send a rain of energy at the Howlrunner in front of him. Still trying to dive away the pilot tried his best to get his machine out of the Eriaduan’s line of fire, but Adrian’s pursuit was relentless. Again, he saw nearly a full salvo hit his opponent, but the shields still somehow held strong. How much firepower can these guys take? It seemed as if his laser cannons were pretty much useless here but he didn´t stop, firing another salvo. This time his determination was rewarded as he finally saw the enemy’s shields collapse leaving the Howlrunner vulnerable. Taking a few seconds to aim precisely he closed his left eye, then he fired and saw the enemy ship blow up. When Adalia contacted him he answered, "I´m okay, got mine."

Adalia smiled “Let’s clean the rest out and get these big girls outta here.”

TAG @Rebecca_Daniels @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  20. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Adam Lyons
    *Sitting some distance away from the Kuat dockyards, in his E-wing only on life support, passive sensors, and listening to music he likes*

"Tawg, are you seeing this? The Confederation may be pretty desperate if they're relying on this..."

Tawg gave him his best dismissive Admiral impression, then hooted at him to let Adam know that they had new arrivals.

"Six squadrons of starfighters, lots of XJ6s looks like, shouldn't be a for the GA, given what they're facing." No matter what it looked like in terms of quantity, the compulsive planner in Adam saw nothing but slaughter for the Confederation here at Kuat.

"Alright Tawg, I think it's time to get closer so we can find some friends, and once we do, could you track them so if we need to help them out we can. Just give me the threat indexes relative to them."

A bit later another thought struck him, "Tawg, make sure that we find Addie’s fighter as soon as possible, and also that you put the location to fire on the two closest sensor satellites to where they are.

Fairly quickly Tawg gave him the location of the two closest satellites, which he set course towards and blew them up with one torpedo each. Also around that time, Tawg identified two XJs as Becca and Adalia, and it looked like Addie was going a bit aggressive on an old corvette.

Adam snickered, "Oh Addie, what did that poor ship ever do to you... Tawg, now I think is the time."

He’d run several simulations based on various possibilities, and on average it would probably take him two to three passes assuming Adam would hit enough times per run. To hopefully reduce the variables his IFF transponder would randomly blink on and off with the first couple of times would hopefully reveal clues to Adalia or Becca without anyone else figuring out. Beyond that, he would hope the message would get there. In the past, he looked forward to situations like these, but now...nothing, nothing besides an obligation to his friends, and justice denied...

Ok Tawg, start the program...”

Very quickly the first IFF beacon code went off, Pink Ewok X-wing. Within a few seconds, the beacon blinked off so he would be much harder to track easily, however part of the program also gave him a flight path on his HUD to update where to go and give him what he hoped would be an optimal flight path towards Addie. The second IFF code went off, Brains and thermal detonator, and a few seconds later it went off, he was getting closer and the third IFF code went off, Dumped in oil, and went off a few seconds later.

"Tawg? Is that correct? Aww, Sithspawn..." A couple of I-7s were sniffing in Adalia's direction, "Tawg, give me a solution on each of them." Quickly Adam received tone on the first target and fired a torpedo, "Target two please," and fired a torpedo after Adam got a lock in that direction as well. He didn't necessarily want to shoot them down, but at the very least keep them distracted. His IFF code went off one more time, Heads off...ewoks...eating. Got it.

He switched over to lasers and made sure that the lasers powers were in training mode so Addie wouldn't take any damage and she would get his information. "Tawg give me a percentage update after each pass so I know how much I have left." He fired his lasers at Addie, hit a couple of times, Adam looked at this readout, "29%...not bad, but not quite on track." He quickly turned around and set up for another run, fired and was a bit worse this time, "49%!?" He tried to calm himself while he set up for another run, frustration wouldn't help here, fired for the third time and was pleased to see much better results, "You're sure? Did everything make it? Amazing!"

Adam was flying away from the combat in what he hoped would be a stealthy manner, besides it would take a bit to get to his course for his jump. His IFF beacon went off four more times before he jumped out, Magnet of Pranks, Bring me names, I want names, Kooky upside down A-wing, and It had to be done. He plotted his course and ran it jumping in the direction of Alderaan, or that's what he wanted the GA to think.

Tag: @Rebecca_Daniels , @Adalia-Durron , @Sinrebirth

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Kuat System

Rhoen had far too long to just sit and think in his cockpit. After having his Astromech run diagnostic on his ship and double checking his exit point, he found himself with nothing to do but, think. About this mission, about his wingmate, about her. He really shouldn't be thinking on anything but, the mission. Defend the jump point but, be ready to assist the other wing should they get into trouble. It was simple straightforward and not want he needed.

He needed something complicated something he needed to wrap his head around. Something that could occupy his mind so he didn't have to stop and think about the people around him. His wingmate Loriana, a Corellian formerly of the Defense Forces now serving with the GA. He was going to ask what forced her to change sides but, that seemed prying. He kept his thoughts to himself. Thankfully they launched soon after.

Then there is the Colonels, Kya and Tehanis, they seem at each other's throats and not willingly put together and barely willing to work together. There was a tension between them, something in their pasts. That past was getting in the way of them cooperating. Something that could get dangerous, like in say an important mission to save important war material.

Then finally there was Syal Antillies, the daughter of the great hero of the Rebellion, drop dead gorgeous, funny, easy to talk to, and positively absolutely out of his reach. Yet he still felt something deep in his heart that still pulled him towards her. Even though he knew she was engaged, happily in fact, that she only saw him as a comrade and nothing more. Despite all that his heart couldn't let it be...it would think of ways that they could still work it out. Tell him to stay close to her...just in case.

He didn't need that right now, he didn't need this distraction. As he transitioned into realsapce he brought his mind to where it should be in the present. To the star field and ships that dominate his view. The large lumbering Dodanna came ever closer flanked and supported by many other ships all of them with skeleton crews. They won't be assisting in this operation. It was quiet at least for a bit.

Suddenly it wasn't. A cruiser, a corvette, and a bunch of fighters jumped into the system heading right for the crown jewel of the Alliance fleet. Rhoen's hands moved to his controls tightening up on them ready to spring into action.

"Permission to assist, One?" Syal chimed in, her voice rang like a soft bell in his ear. He knew that if she broke formation he would move with her.

"Denied, Nine." Colonel Kya replied, "Keep close unless Colonel Tehanis calls for us. We have to keep the jump-point open for as long as possible - if that cruiser moves on us, we'll need all squadrons to keep the way open." Rhoen nodded his head. They would have to leave it up to the other wing to handle things. It was one of the hardest things to do. To standby and watch your comrades fight for their lives. It made sense, someone needed to make sure the escape point remained clear. It didn't make it any easier as the corvette opened up on the other fighters.

He wanted to move in to support his allies, but orders were orders and soon he had his own problems to worry about. Four Howlrunners where coming up from beneath the formation looking to move them away.

"Three, Four, drive them off. Howlrunners are hardy, but try and save your torpedoes for the cruiser."

"Understood." Finally something to do other than worry. "Four stick close and set shields to double front. We'll try to go heads up for the first pass." He dove down setting his lasers to single fire sacrificing power for raw output. He let a few shots splash across his shields without even a flinch. At the right moment he opened up his cannons flashing spitting lances of energy through the black and into the front of his target.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Loriana Starskimmer, Kuat System

Loriana studied her scopes. Things were quiet until .. bam! They weren't!

Starfighters and enemy ships of a more ominous size erupted into the system.

She called back to her astromech, whom she had nicknamed RubiJay: "Keep a lock on the location of all the Wraiths and their targets, so we can help when needed."

Rubi blurped in acknowledgement and the heads-up translated: "Yeah, Lori, I know the drill, already. You think I rolled out of the astromech facility last Benduday?"

Loriana laughed. "I know better. I just need to tell you -- thinking aloud, as it were."

"You organics have strange habits." Rubi rejoined, as the data came up about the Howlrunners, and Wraith One announced:

Yikes, Loriana thought, in sims the Howlrunners were troublesome, because they were so durable.

Then Rhoen's voice came over:
    "Four, stick close and set shields to double front. We'll try to go heads up for the first pass."

Rubi complied before Loriana could give verbal instructions.

Loriana came up and around the far side of where Rhoen was positioned, noticing how he had set his armament. She did likewise, spraying bolts of green energy towards the nearest target.
    She set her canons to stutter-fire to continually barrage the target fighter until their shields buckled leaving them vulnerable.
    She cast a look towards the screen for where the cruiser and Corvette were located, relative to her position.
    She knew Rubi would warn of anything coming up from the "blind side."

TAG:
    @Sinrebirth
    @galactic-vagabond422

23. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ This post was a collaboration between @The Real Kyp Durron and myself. Many thanks for that. :)
    ~IC~ Mirax and Corran Horn + Kyp Durron
    Location: Kuat Sector - Edge of the Kuat System - Pulsar Skate

The Pulsar Skate detached from the Resolve and drifted away. The thrusters flared and fired up, pushing the modified Baudo-class star yacht off into a loose flight path to patrol their vicinity. Whistler was at the helm while Mirax oversaw the holocrons were safely stowed in the storage room. Carrying the two presented a great risk and measures were taken to kept the artefacts safe, including from the two Jedi Masters.

"We only got a few minutes before they GA are notified about their E-Wings." Mirax said as the storage room door sealed shut behind her. "Why haven't we jumped yet?"

"There is something we all need to discuss first…" Corran wore a concerned expression and stepped over to the lounge. "…there is something going on with the Kuat System."

Kyp watched the holocrons go in to storage, but his mind was distracted. Something was tugging at the corner of his mind, and knowing Adalia was near Aden wasn't helping him. He heard Corran and saw his concern, so he joined him. "Is that whats picking at me?" he asked as he rubbed his forehead. "I feel......something."

Corran eyed the other Jedi, trying to gauge what the man was experiencing. "We all saw the recording of the briefing… allegedly there is an operation set to take place in this region…"

"Allegedly…" Mirax repeated.

"Someone has to play devil's advocate." Corran gave a tight smile. "Now, that operation will probably still happen but the details might not be accurate… there could be ulterior motives and numerous other factors that be working against us. Kyp, you know those involved better than I do. What are your thoughts on the subject?"

Kyp lowered his eyes and bit his lip, considering his words before looking back. "Aden Kya cannot be trusted. Nothing he says or does is for anyone else but himself. He is Force sensitive and hates, and I mean really hates, Addie. Whatever is going on out there, I can't say." He looked away as his own emotions and sense of duty were locked in a battle to the death.

"Trust and intention…" Corran said softly then tried a different tangent as he leaned forward. "Given the source of the feed… the risk of getting a communication out of a military vessel without being noticed… and we don't know the frequency of the attempts. Who knows whether it has been compromised? What are our chances that it has been staged to lure us… or their intended oppositions into a battlefield of their choosing?"

“On one hand it’s not our fight they are planning, but…” Kyp glanced sideways as if someone called his name. “there’s something out there……something that we need to …investigate?” He wasn’t even sure that was the right word. “I can’t say what or where, I just ‘feel’ it.”

"Plausibly. I do agree, to a certain extent that the more we know, the better equipped we be at understanding what exactly is going on. However,our mandate is to collect the Holocrons and return with it safely… at least keep it out of the hands of those who would abuse its power." Corran cupped his chin as he looked to Kyp, deep in thought, observing the other man's agitation. "Given what you said about Aden being Force Sensitive, then having a Jedi and Sith Holocron in close proximity, along with us two…" He chuckled. "We'd be like… a beacon in the dark. The longer we are in the area, the higher the risk of us being detected-"

"Oh! Hold that thought." Mirax interrupted and pointed to new elements appearing on the holo map. "Long range sensors has picked up on ships emerging from hyperspace near Kuat… You don't suppose it is them?"

Moving over to stand behind Mirax, Kyp gazed at the three dimensional image as squadrons fell out of hyperspace. "Six squadrons…" he took in a sharp breath, "Yeah, that's them." he felt her.

Corran frowned as the holographic representation of Kuat System showed the reactions and and follow up actions of the conflicting forces… the start of an all too familiar dance to him. This time he was on the benches, they were not meant to get involved. Shaking his head. "We cannot dawdle any longer. They haven't spotted us yet but I don't want to ruin our chances. We'll have to make a move before it is too late. We don't know how long before their support ships show up…"

Kyp's chest was tight. "Can't I....don't know, get a message to her?" he turned to Corran, "She's there, what if…….." Kyp could not finish that sentence, he turned away and ran his hand over his head. He was frustrated, and torn.

Mirax knew well the frustration Kyp was feeling. "If we do, it might give away our position. We need to work out what we are to do before we dive right in."

"Don't we need to at least take notes?" he asked without turning, it was a straw to clutch at.

"Fair point. Kuat Shipyards is a strategic position and a valuable resource to both factions… whatever develops here affects ship productions and the speed at which assets are repaired and produced. Then there's us receiving artefacts of significance that can affect the balance of the Force if handled poorly." Corran stated, all the while watching Kyp descend towards the edge of despair. "We could stay but our presence shines like a beacon to those who are capable of seeing it… and overstay our welcome and risk of being outplayed and losing our precious cargo." He sighed and drummed his fingers on the holopad. The deadly dance of ships were becoming more of a tango…

"So what have we got to play with? We're currently on board the Pulsar Skate, a Baudo-class star yacht… armed with a laser cannon turret. There's my X-Wing Starfighter… quad laser cannons and full load of proton torpedoes… Whistler, my astromech. There's our lightsabers, our small weapons cache of ranged weapons. The holocrons, safety stored away."

"We have two ships." Mirax said. "One of us could stay and observe while the rest of us carries completes our objective."

Kyp turned to look at Corran, he said nothing, he didn't know what to say. Part of him knew staying was what he wanted, he wanted her to know he was there if she needed him. There was a bigger part that knew he had responsibilities, commitments and he took that very seriously. He'd made them and if nothing he was a man of his word.

Corran pondered. Who to stay, who should go. Ideally, he would have nominated himself to stay behind with Whistler while Mirax and Kyp complete the mission. However, given how Kyp was experiencing a tug of war of emotions, he dare not leave Kyp's unsupervised with the holocrons. He knew Mirax could handle herself though, to what lengths would Kyp go if he gave in and sought what lies within in order to rescue someone he loved? Mirax could take the X-Wing though he could not bear the thought of her being left behind. If Kyp stayed behind… could he be trusted to observe? Or would he risk interfering and damage the Jedi's stance of neutrality and non interference? He weighed the choices… it suddenly became clear what choice carried the least… damage. Now to pave the path of least resistance.

"Kyp…" Corran looked to the man, ignoring the look Mirax was giving him. "What is your preference?"

"I don't want to choose, I can't." Kyp said evenly. "There's a war going on in here." He muttered turning away again.

"Then I feel you are needed to observe here." Corran gave a tight smile. "Some might argue how close you are with the members involved… that it might cloud your judgement but… it gives you an edge in identifying and recognising traits, motives and actions of those involved. You have an understanding of how they operative and that gives you an edge and foresight into what to expect from them."

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @The Real Kyp Durron

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Admiral Babo
    Kuati Skirmish, aboard theSabaton, bridge

The Bothan Admiral bared his fangs as factors were strewn across the engagement, and far too many intervening oddities were occurring.

The GA Wing clearly had a split command, because no-one worth their salt would hold the Rogues back, unless they truly thought that the Dodonna and twenty ships were more important than every other pilot under his command - meanwhile the three squadrons engaged were throwing unorthodox actions at his Howlrunners, who were hopelessly out-flown - especially now the corvette was disabled.

Babo growled.

“Move us in. Have the Valorum called to jump in.”

He turned to regard something his sensors officer had noted to him. Babo pointed a claw at the display. “Are we sure that E-wing jumped from Corellia?”

“If not Corellia, from the wrong direction to be a GA asset - the GA switched off their gravity minefields to allow Rogue Wing through, so the E-wing had to have arrived from somewhere else.”

Babo scowled. “Brilliant. Is it still sending out pre-programmed IFF codes?”

“Yes, sir - they’re rotating too quickly for the pilot to be keying them in by hand while flying. Even an astromech would struggle to do that so quickly.”

The Admiral did not like unknowns, and he had enough in the two co-Wing Commanders, let alone a rogue E-wing. There was also a signature of a freighter warming up to launch, and Babo was unaware of any assets the Confederates had in the target yard. The Bothan didn’t expect to capture the yard intact, so he was saving his assault shuttles for the Dodonna.

“Fine,” he said. “Take us in.”

The kilometre long cruiser rumbled as it advanced on the jump point, strafing the furball with long-range turbolaser fire. The gunners were careful to aim high and low from the GA ships; they had explicit instructions not to damage the ships unless they were about to escape - the Confederation needed every ship it could secure. Nonetheless, the fire was forcing the fighters of Adalia’s half of the wing into a smaller and more compact engagement, and any observers would be worried by an assault cruiser marching into the battle - and that was even before the Victory-class Star Destroyer Valorum arrived; overkill was an understatement.

“Order the assault shuttles to break away the moment the enemy engages with us. They can use the attack runs as cover. Direct the shuttles to ignore the fighters, especially the ones which took down our corvette, and to rush the Dodonna. If we can get one shuttle aboard, we have a chance.” He raised a clawed finger.

“Last thing - prepare ion cannons for the smaller ships. We’ll disable them if we need to.”

A chorus of acknowledgments followed, and the sensors officer chimed up.

“And the E-wing, sir?”

“Hail them, and patch them through to me.”

TAG: @adaml83 (combo), @galactic-vagabond422, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Corellian_Outrider, @The Real Kyp Durron, @Anedon, @Adalia-Durron, @Rebecca_Daniels

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adrian Malek, Aden Kya, Adalia Tehanis (thank you gentlemen - and I use the term loosely Sinre ;) )
    Kuat Ship Yards.

“Thanks, Owe you.” Sparks began to make a questioning sound, she glanced at her screen. “A freighter? Is it armed?” A quick chirp was the affirmative. “Stick close, we might have something strange.” She said to Adrian alone. “Hail them Sparks.” She waited for the sound to confirm the channel was opened. “Unidentified Freighter, this is Colonel Tehanis of the Galactic Alliance, you are entering a battle zone. Please identify yourself and leave the area immediately, your safety cannot be assured at this point.” She tracked the ship and asked Sparks “They’re using the weapons?” The droid gave a distinct ‘no’ sound. The response came.

“This is Davron Veale of the Zodiac Star. We’re just trying to get out of here. I’m a steel worker who needs to get his wife and kids out of here, please let us pass.”

Adalia swallowed the sick feeling was strong but she didn’t feel or detect anything untoward in his words. “Who have you got on board Zodiac Star?"

“My wife Debs and my two kids, Jazzie and Riles and the K9. We’re not using the weapons on board; I bought the ship with them. Please just let us past to our jump point?” his voice was pleading, desperate.

Adalia trusted his words, her gut trusted his words, she felt through the Force he was genuine. She opened to Adrian, “Youngblood, on the freighter, we’re gonna take it through the Howlers” she ordered as she slipped in over the top of the ship. Then she spoke to Davron. “Stay on course Zodiac Star, we’ll escort you to a point, can’t take you all the way.”

Aden cut across the open channel, also noticing the new contact. "Zodiac Star, what is your destination?"

"Commenor, sir," he said, nervously. That was apparent from the direction the freighter was heading, and Davron knew better than to lie to the GA military.

"That's Confederate territory. What is GA citizen doing going there?" Of course, Commenor had been a member of the GA not six months ago. But it had indeed seceded and had been instrumental in the initial stages of the conflict. A lot of good GA men and women had died to Commenori hands at Corellia, Balmorra and Kuat.

"I was born on Commenor - our families originate from there. We are heading there to collect the rest of the family and head for a neutral world, if we can find one." Desperation clawed at his voice.

Adalia had slowed, ordering Adrian to follow suit as they were at the limit of their territory and they needed to get back to their mission. "Zodiac Star, leaving you now, clear Skies." she said with a very uneasy feeling. "Come on Youngblood, we've got a job to do." With that she peeled off and returned to the fray.

Adrian was nervous about this whole ordeal. They had broken formation even abandoned the rest of their pilots to give cover to a civilian vessel. The young Eriaduan knew that it was the right thing to do, to help these civilians get out of danger, but still... Breaking formation was dangerous and for commanders leaving their squad behind was even more risky. He also remembered what his father had told him about his battle, sometimes the enemy would use alleged civilian vessels as traps, or spies hoping to turn their opponent’s sympathy for non-combatants against them. And this vessel headed for Commenor a world now part of the Confederation? Where they really just unrelated civilians? Or was there more to it? As his mind and heart battled each other over these and other questions Adrian kept silent and followed Adalia's orders but his doubts wouldn't leave him.

Aden was still on the channel as Adalia let them go, but he had the presence of mind to change to a private channel. "Colonel, what are you doing? They've not been cleared to leave the combat zone - they need to be briefed, before we let them go."

They were hardly in a position to do that, Aden knew - with the skirmish in full-swing, they were in no position to take prisoners or dictate to anyone. The enemy still outgunned them, even though Tehanis taking out the corvette was a big win. But to let the 'family' just go, with whatever data they had about Kuat, and indeed the task force that had just left the same docks the 'family' had launched from...

Aden's gut was unhappy. But the Force, it had nothing to say to him about them.

Glancing down she grit her teeth, she had to speak to him. "I can feel them, they're clear. Call it a gut feeling, you've had them before, I know you have. Weapons are not powered nor being used, and not part of this mission." she answered sharply, it galled her to speak to him at all. Her nausea was not improving with this conversation.

"That is unacceptable," Aden bit back. "They could be spies for all you know. You've no proof that they are not apart from your gut."

Reality was that the family was, for better or for worse, telling the absolute truth. The father had taken a job here a year ago and had been stuck ever since. They had all heard about the tensions between Commenor and Coruscant, but nobody had expected it to spill over like this. It was not a war against an alien invader, there was no us and them. The enemy was just us, as it always was in a Civil War.

But this was a war.

And in wars... bad things happened.

"Unless you have a shred of evidence on your side, then I am going to order them to pull-back and surrender."

This was beyond the remit of the mission. They were to get in and get out. Kuat was to be abandoned to the Confederates. But it was one thing fragging computers and blowing the docks and letting the Bothans sort through the wreckage, and another a spy escaping with a treasure trove of data - maybe even secrets concealed in the Dodonna and the rest of the newly repaired task force. Aden was thinking of the bigger picture, but that was, as ever, at the expense of every person he encountered.

He never saw people as inviolable personalities - he saw assets, and tools, and extensions of his own will. It was the core of the reason why he and Adalia had never ever been friends.

"It's a gut feeling 'Colonel', I've always trusted them in the past and they got me where I am now! Had 11 others who trusted it too!" She was incensed now, family never meant a thing to this man, nothing or no one did. "A spy with what knowledge?? How to weld two bits of parasteel together!? Give me ten, I'll teach you." She bit back.

Aden cut the channel. "Enough was enough."

Wraiths Three and Four were detached from the main squadron, having fended off the I-7 Howlrunners making a run at the squadron. They were out of position and were not likely to be able to return to the squadron to help with the cruiser. He toggled the Wraiths channel.

"Wraiths Three and Four. There is a freighter attempting to flee the system and jump to Commenor. Pursue and destroy - repeat, pursue and destroy, we cannot disable it and take it with us, so it has to go. It has armaments, so be careful. Then rendezvous with the squadron in hammering that cruiser before it gets here." He switched back to the general GA channel.

"Rogues, you are off your leash. Come help with the cruiser. Blackmoon Squadron, hold the door open for Colonel Tehanis."

The comm shut down, Adalia smiled slightly, she was sure he’d listened but was not happy about it, but she was also sure he was going to let them go through. “Engage at will Youngblood.” She ordered Adrian.

TAG @galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    OOC and let the games begin........

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019