main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Last Epitaph

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 16, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Professor
    The Amphitheatre

The expression of the man who led the class was characterised as light handed and often smiling even when offended or quizzical. It was not all affectation; there was a degree of good will between the man and his charges. He enjoyed the challenge of teaching the class, though ordinarily it would have been six including himself. A seventh... well, it was the culmination of myriad factors...

... one of which was about to become horribly apparent.

The Professor's gaze was hard; his blue-grey eyes scanned them each in turn. The confused and scantily glad Palpatine; the initially irate but now more surprised Vy'ndall; the analytical expression of Tarkin; the promptly dressed and properly curious Aurenna; the wary Roan.

It could have been any one of them.

But there were likelihoods, and factions, and reasons for the same. There were mitigating factors; there were vagaries and secrets to them all... Palpatine and his chequered past; Vy'ndall and his pale superiority; Tarkin and his predilection to violence, orderly or otherwise; Aurenna and her almost angular way of thinking; Roan, who was not as cunning on the surface but his zealous belief in the Force could go to great lengths...

This was all that the Professor had in mind.

But how to shape his next words? With aplomb? With tears? With anguish? He had a responsibility for them all. While Palpatine was the only minor, legally, at very least, when it came to Naboo, the others remained in his care, and to fail any of them this tremendously...

He had to just go for it, and see if their reactions betrayed the truth.

"Valorum has been murdered."

TAG: @darthbernael, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Aurrenna Adasca
    The Amphitheater

The answer to the question of why they had been woken up, and the question of whether Valorum was being kicked out of the class was answered in rather a blunt manner. She had looked at the other students leading up to the reveal, trying to gauge how they were coping, how they were dressed or not dressed, and then the answer had come and she had had a minor outburst.

"Valorum has been murdered." was all the Professor had said.

"By the six! No!" She exclaimed in an rare outburst of dismay and anger. All her plans and possible position gone, what fickle fate had weaved that disaster from her clutch! Then her head darted around and her ears pricked at the quiet moments of this hour. "Has forensics arrived, what are we doing to catch them? Are we sequestered? We are sequestered. We are suspects." she prattled in rapid fire, her head dipped at the last looking down at her fuzzy slippers as if the thought was sinking in. Some dark and inky insight worming into the late night hour like a horror spectre of fate coming for them, for her. Quickly her eyes snapped up, looking about she feigned the weak eyes scared of the shadows that fell all around, "I want my security team." She whispered as she was stepping to be by the Professor but also to step subtly away from the others present. Damsels in distress often made quick hostege choices when in a bind. Not that she would be a pliant captive by any means.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael , @greyjedi125 , @The Vanguard

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Vy’ndall Tremyr
    The Ampitheater

"Valorum has been murdered.”

That definitive statement was not to be confused with ‘Valorum is dead.’ These two statements were not interchangeable.

“Impossible.”

Vy’ndall heard himself exclaim out loud and just audibly enough; his words laden with a great deal of shock and surprise. It wasn’t because Valorum himself couldn’t die or could not be killed. No, it was because he died and was killed ‘here’ : under the ‘protection’ and auspices of the Great Dwartii Exchange Program. What ‘agency’ could accomplish such a seemingly ‘impossible’ feat? If a well connected luminary as Valorum could suffer such a fate, then no one was safe- and security was clearly not up to the task.

The nagai stiffened for a moment as he fought-off an incredible urge to call his ‘personal’ security to himself. Self-preservation was the order of the moment, but panic was not-nor a show of weakness. In addition, there was also the fact that everyone who’d come in contact with Valorum was now likely under suspicion and would need an ‘alibi’, in other words, their privacy would be invaded and certain secret possibly discovered- if not carefully protected.

Vy’ndall’s mind was present in the moment as he watched how the other students reacted, though none in particular and all with equal measure, but inwardly, he was also devising contingency measures for the inevitable ‘breach of privacy’ that would follow in the ensuing investigation of the murdered human.

The timing of it could not be worse, all things considered.

“My most sincere condolences to his family and next of kin.”

The words were spoken in a most genuine tone and conveyed the sincerity they were meant to evince, despite his innermost feelings. The primary question for Vy’ndall was not so much as to who killed Valorum, but how? As one being presumably groomed for the Office of Security General, an answer to both questions was critical.

Absently, he wondered if the class topic had been already selected for them, underscored by Valorum’d demise- and the convenience of the class being reset to it’s original number by way of elimination, in which Palpatine was the ‘obvious’ beneficiary, did not escape his notice.

Oh, it was all becoming delightfully intriguing now that he began to think on it, but that sentiment he kept to himself and very much out of perception.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  4. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    In the Amphitheatre

“Valorum has been murdered.”

The words echoed in the stillness of the amphitheatre, for but moments before the class reacted. The first to react was Aurenna, with a for now possibly false exclamation of horror followed by nervous glances, surely wishing her own security was present. And then Vy’ndall, with hollow words of condolences to the family, followed by silence, presumably introspection. The others were still silent, perhaps from the shock of the announcement. Surprisingly, neither of the first to react had pointed fingers at the obvious suspect, himself, possibly because that seemed too easy the answer.

He sat up straighter, checked his inner pocket of the robe to ensure the blaster was loose and easy to be drawn, should it become necessary, then stood and began to speak. “What is more important to consider are the how, the where, the when, and most importantly the why. The Professor has simply stated that Valorum had been murdered, but no specifics. Such a bald statement is, of course, designed to play on every emotion that we all feel.”

His paused for a moment, then continued, “But it does not answer more specific questions, such as who did the deed, whether it was one of us, another that works here, or someone from outside. I can say, with absolute certainty, that contrary to what I’m sure many of you may be considering with the animosity between him and myself, that I had nothing to do with his death. Quite the opposite, however much he was a fop and a plotter, he was much more useful alive than dead.”

His expression turned serious. “I do not have anything to hide,” internally glad that every communication he had with Ser B erased themselves from every server they passed through, once completed. “And I do understand that the Program has a top flight security service and investigative branch, however as an Eriaduan and fellow noble of that world, not to mention knowing that the Chancellor would demand a separate investigation into the death of his son, as well as the stain upon Eriaduan honor this represents, I must respectfully ask that the Eriaduan Investigative Service be involved in the investigation.”

“As I previously stated I know that I had nothing to do with his demise, so in that case, I submit that I volunteer to be the first to be questioned or have my quarters searched, should that be required, to determine mine own innocence.”

Once again he paused, to collect his thoughts, “I may have despised the man, personally, but I cannot deny that he was an intelligent man, and cunning politician to be, as well as a fellow Eriaduan, which says much about him. I will miss his constant attacks against me, honestly, such were more enjoyable than his constant plotting behind my back that I’m sure took place. We must find his killer, so they may face justice.”

With that he sat back down, mentally considering the official communications that he was sure would begin to flood in, not just from family, but from the other noble houses, and probably the Chancellor’s office as well, being from the same world it could be said he was Eriadu’s representative here. Keeping most of his faculties concentrated on what the other reactions would be, he began mentally composing what responses he would have to make.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Reacting

Hysteria. Respect. Attack. Silence.

Adasca, Vy'ndall, Tarkin, Roan, respectively.

"I imagine that at least one of you wonders if I was responsible, because of the obvious boon," Palpatine managed to articulate, slowly. "But suffice to say I was always in my room; asleep." He paused. "Well, I say asleep but the Professor kept waking me. He wouldn't let me close my door, and the door to the study remained open, directly opposite the corridor."

"Yes," the Professor said, neutrally. "I wanted you to take to heart what I was saying about the chess board!"

"I know, Professor," Palpatine said wearily. "But I needed to rest..." and then he muttered, "and a bit of privacy would not have gone awry."

"Later, when you have your own room," the Professor said, sharply. "Had you not had that 'invasion of your personal space' then you would have been a suspect." Palpatine grew silent, and the Professer wheeled on Aurenna. "There will be no security teams, and no external interference from Eriadu. Not a single external element will be allowed to interfere without the Program's strict permission. All external communications that do not go through my personal communications unit will be allowed. I have shut down the local HoloNet relay and all communication devices will need to be handed into my office in the interim, as well as all weapons." He held out a hand to Tarkin, not even allowing the man the supposition that the man was unarmed. He was a Militarist; he would never be unarmed, notwithstanding his generally amicable bearing.

The Professor expected them all to hand over any secret weapons, of course, but they had a lot to take on-board. All four of them were suspects; they were no longer authorised to communicate with their governments, with their families, with their associates. They were definitely not able to leave - to do so would invite suspicion, and that was something none of their sponsors wanted.

"I have already been in communication with the Chancellor, as you rightly suggest, Tarkin, and I shall communicate your condolences, Vy'ndall - but it is likely that the Jedi will be requested to investigate. Roan, I will need to discuss matters with you as I am of the view that this requires a Council touch. Tyvokka, maybe T'un or Sinube."

His hand remained held out but his ordinarily cheerful features scanned the entire group, expecting them to be honest and hand over anything appropriate.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael, @jedi Vanguard, @Mitth_Fisto

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  6. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Roan Lath
    Late Night Fever

As he had been all along, Roan stayed silent at the news of his classmate's death. No one was loyal to each other at the Exchange, but everyone was somewhat pleasant and you could trust civility above all, or so he thought. Who confirmed it was murder and not some accident? Murder means there is a suspicion of foul play. What would suggest that? Roan could tell he professor knew more about the situation than he was letting on but he wouldn't relinquish his semblance of control over the situation, least of all to the students.

The boy described his evening and how he couldn't be a suspect. Roan noted that. Aurrenna's outrage was palpable, and Vy'ndall's response was kind and genuine.Tarkin, who Roan had a fleeting thought may have tipped his hand to any involvement, sternly defended his innocence in such a way that was convincing enough to the Sephi that he believed the man. So many questions without any real answers.

"There will be no security teams, and no external interference from Eriadu. Not a single external element will be allowed to interfere without the Program's strict permission. All external communications that do not go through my personal communications unit will be allowed." Well, the King won't like that. "I have shut down the local HoloNet relay and all communication devices will need to be handed in to my office in the interim, as well as all weapons." He held out a hand to Tarkin, who most likely always carried a weapon of some kind. Roan didn't like the idea that one of his classmates was murdered and now his only weapon, a special blade gifted to him in his homeworld, was going to be taken away at the same time. "And what if we run into the murderer and have nothing to defend ourselves with?" Roan asked himself quietly.

"I have already been in communication with the Chancellor, as you rightly suggest, Tarkin, and I shall communicate your condolences, Vy'ndall - but it is likely that the Jedi will be requested to investigate. Roan, I will need to discuss matters with you as I am of the view that this requires a Council touch. Tyvokka, maybe T'un or Sinube."

Roan's thoughts flipped through what he knew about the Jedi High Council. All the Masters the professor named were renowned for their knowledge. "Understood Professor, I know Master Sinube is known for his expertise on the Coruscanti crime world, otherwise I'm confident any one of the Masters sent by the Council will resolve who was behind Valorum's death."

Roan took a step back inferring his intention to take his leave, "I'll need to retrieve my weapon from my quarters if you would excuse me."

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Amphitheater

The realization hit him just as Tarkin ended speaking in his own defense. He was the Rook he had been looking for. He was certain of it.This man was a true master of doublespeak on an enviable level.Vy’ndall did not react to this outwardly, but his mind started to work furiously, replaying everything that he’d learned thus far. Still, he had the presence of mind to listen keenly to all that transpired within the room.

So,the Professor himself had the power to declared Palpatine free of suspicion? That was more than a little convenient, not to mention telling in its own way. How intriguing to see the Professor shape what was to take place next. There would be no personal security teams and no independent investigators. Weapons and communications devices were being confiscated.The program had just turned into a prison. It would seem there was no diplomatic immunity to be had.

Vy’ndall regarded the Professor as he extend a hand towards Tarkin,in a manner that clearly suggested he should relinquish whatever weapon he might have on his person. The nagai smiled inwardly, not being surprised at all by the sudden revelation.

Vy’ndall nodded, conveying his gratitude as the Professor informed him that he would pass along his condolences, despite being a suspect in the case. It would seem less like an ‘apology’ were he in Palpatine’s place- not being a suspect. At the mention of the jedi, Vy’ndall couldn’t help but to wrinkle his nose. That bit of news meant there could be unforeseen complications- but also unexpected opportunities.

Tyvokka. T’un.Sinube. Jedi investigators from what he understood. Not just that, but individuals he needed to get intel on immediately. Vy’ndall was close enough to the Sephi half-blood to distinguish what he muttered to himself.

"And what if we run into the murderer and have nothing to defend ourselves with?"

Vy’ndall made a nodding motion of agreement, but offered nothing else at the moment. The next bit of information about the Jedi Master called Sinube was both insightful and useful. So it was true, Roan knew a thing or two about the Jedi themselves.

In short order, Roan excused himself and would go to his quarters to retrieve his weapon in order to relinquish it as directed.

“I too will need to retrieve my Tehk’la blades, though I will need them back, for they are priceless.”

Nodding once, the nagai stepped back and started for his quarters. He was loathe to part with his blades, as they were weaved with cortosis for a very specific purpose, one that he may yet be able to fulfill, depending on how things developed. Granted, his personal blades had been declared upon arrival, but these were not the only weapons he had access to. Nagai survivors were never defenseless. Never again.

Once he reached his quarters, Vy’ndall walked towards his bed and came to a lockbox on his night table. His hand passed over the faceless surface, and within, tumblers registered his unseen influence and opened the lock, granting him access. Swiftly, he took each blade in hand, and for a moment, focused on them. He had learned that certain Jedi had the ability to 'read objects' and so, he set his mind to foil such 'reading' by infusing the last impression left upon his blade with a mental barrier: The Anguish of the Nagai. The overwhelming dolorous experiences he’d felt during some of his visits was considered daunting, even to the Mandalorian constitution, according to some. Still, that should give the sanctimonious inspectors something to ponder; his red herring. Oh, he was well aware of the other implication, but that was the intention.

Within moments, Vy’ndall returned to the Amphitheater with both blades in their well decorated sheaths and belt.

“I would see these returned Professor.” He declared in as neutral a tone as possible, offering them as one would a sacrifice.

Vy’ndall was well aware he had nor pleaded his innocence as Tarkin had. In fact, no one else did, for they did not have to. They were mere suspects thus far. Had there been clear evidence as to the identity of the perpetrator, an arrest would have been made. But Palpatine was free of all suspicion.

Hmmm.

“Tell us Professor, how exactly did Valorum die?”

He did not ask ‘how he was murdered’. That was for the investigators to figure out. Why exactly was their privacy being invaded was more his concern. Valorum’s murder was the perfect cover for such proceedings, an apparently legal. But who stood to gain?

He desperately needed to speak with Mal'vahla.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  8. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Ampitheatre

"There will be no security teams, and no external interference from Eriadu. Not a single external element will be allowed to interfere without the Program's strict permission. All external communications that do not go through my personal communications unit will be allowed. I have shut down the local HoloNet relay and all communication devices will need to be handed into my office in the interim, as well as all weapons."

Tarkin stood, as the Professor held out his hand. Even as he suggested it, he suspected that the Program would refuse any outside interference. ‘If they believe they can handle it the better, but I suspect this will turn into one unholy mess before it gets resolved. And, most likely, one or more of us will be brought before the eyes of the investigators as the possible murderer.’ he thought as he strode forward.

With a raised eyebrow and a smile that did not touch his eyes he handed the blaster to the Professor. “Given circumstances I would not be surprised if that blaster appears to be the one that ended Tarsus’s life. However, if that is the case then someone has done other deeds that need investigation as it and it’s mate have genetic locks that only activate to my genetic material.”

He stepped back, and excused himself to retrieve the other materials the Professor had demanded. He headed to his chambers, locking the door momentarily behind him. Striding to his wardrobe he opened it, removing the mate he had mentioned to the blaster he’d already turned in to the Professor, as well as the handful of daggers he kept as a secondary precaution.

Laying them on the bed, he retrieved his datapad that all communications went through, unfortunately given the Professors mention of all communications being shut down he would not hazard to read or attempt to reply to the messages he saw flashing on the screen already. Finally he turned back to the desk. There was one other item that could possibly fall under scrutiny but he also knew that he could not, would not be allowed to turn that item over to anyone, Professor, investigators, or Jedi.

He pressed his hand against the lock to the hidden, invisible to most prying eyes, compartment and instead of the usual of holding his hand steady, he twisted twice in one direction then once in the other. There was a feeling of closing off then he lifted his hand from the desk. With a frown he took a cloth from the fresher and cleaned the small amount of blood from his palm that had smeared on the desk. Now, should anyone check, there was no compartment, just solid desk, to all appearances. He checked his palm but the bleeding had stopped and there was no evidence of the small pinprick his skin had suffered.

He picked up the blades, the blaster, and the datapad from his bed, unlocked his door, and returned to the ampitheatre. He arrived just after Vyn’dall returned and heard his question as he was approaching the Professor.

“Tell us Professor, how exactly did Valorum die?”

He deposited the equipment and weapons by the Professor’s podium, “Not to interrupt but here are the remainder of the items you said must be turned in. These items are property of Eriadu, not myself so I request they be treated with respect and returned once the investigation is complete. And Vyn’dall poses a good question, one that I am sure all of us would prefer to know the answer to so that, if needed we can guard against the same happening to us.”

He returned to his seat, waiting to see how the others reacted. So far he was not surprised by how the others had reacted to the demand. And he would be less than surprised if, despite what he had told the Professor, his blaster did turn out to be involved in the murder.

The Vanguard and greyjedi125 like this.
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    The Amphitheater

Not one of them seemed to be moved. From the high to the low it was little more than an answer from them. Had they no bones of the base instinct to protect women and children? One of the most basic tenants of any developing species let alone a space faring one? As one was the creator and carrier of the future and the other the literal future. How cold blooded could they be?

They would go far in the political arena.

What was shared, by the Professor, was an interesting turn of events. No student would get what they wanted, all were suspects, and all were to surrender their weapons now. Likely to allay the teachers fears of one of them turning on him. Actually that wasn't accurate. The Professor had seemed to purposefully create an alibi for himself by pestering Palpatine. A two way alibi that seemed all too convenient considering. After all by many it was not the one that turned the blade that was glorified nor guilty alone, but the one that had ordered it as well.

Stepping back from all she stood alone. Turning away she pulled her ebony dagger from inside her robe, after resecuring it she turned back and handed it over. Why carry a blaster? Wasn't that what bodyguards were for? Not to mention you more likely to get yourself shot playing heroics instead of letting the professionals handle it. If he or anyone else thought this would make her weak he was a fool. Still, waiting provided time to think as the others had to leave and return with their weapons, leave and hide or cover up what they did not want found. She stayed.

When the others had returned and laid their weapons out she took note. Style, type, size. Tarkin warned of the value to his world of the weapons he laid out. She rolled her eyes at that, luckily being white on white no one here likely could tell beyond her eyebrows raising. No one but the Professor nor her would get the last words here. "You break it, you bought it. Yes?" she simply added a huff, as if that was important right now. "Professor, please. How did he die? When?" she asked. It was important.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael , @greyjedi125 , @The Vanguard

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Nouane, Amphitheatre

The Professor did not speak before he had accepted the weapons from them, but cautioned Roan to stay. "You can collect them after you have seen the recording."

Palpatine looked at the weapons that Tarkin, Adasca and Vy'ndall had each handed in. "Was to be armed a requisite for this class? I hadn't realised I was putting myself in quite so much danger."

"Shush," the Professor said, his tone firm.

Palpatine went to speak, but the glare from the teacher was sufficient to silence him. His jaw worked, a quip clearly planned, and he set his lips firmly, exuding his displeasure. The Professor held out a holoproj, and with a gesture of a remote in the other hand, the lights dimmed. "This is what happened."

There was Valorum, muttering to himself. "Militarists in the heart of the Program... had I known Tarkin was going to be here at all, I would have insisted father requested him removed. Not that father would have done that because he despises my popularity so." A sniff, unamused.

While Valorum probably spoke to himself anyway, he did have a glass of wine in his hand, and he paced his room, the holocam adjusting to follow his steps. "Adasca is a pretty thing but she's just as likely to leak the bait as she is to follow it... after all House Adasca has those secret Sith roots, and even if she was 100% innocent I would not trust her... but then again Roan is such a fanatic that he's as likely to isolate my support as he is to build it!" A laugh. "And that Nagai... playing all angles like a master chess player, that one. Any one of them could do me over, though at least with Tarkin he won't get anywhere pretending to be my ally."

It was hardly pleasant viewing, but the men and women present would have been offended by more. Yet, also, less.

"Palpatine, now that is a youth with passion. He can be shaped into whatever you need him to be, as long as he gets to feel like he's making change, or an impact. Oh, he reminds me of Finis so much. I would dote on the lad either way, whether he was as young as he is or not... not that the Professor will let me have too much impact on the boy... not after what happened... then why did he intervene and pluck the boy from Naboo?"

All of a sudden the camera shifted swiftly, for Valorum spun, his cloak twirling. He went to speak to whomever was present, though his expression was angry rather than surprised. "What are you doing -"

"Stop breathing."

All of a sudden Valorum reached for his throat, and the camera panned around the room, but saw nothing whatsoever.

No-one.

By the time the camera adjusted, Valorum had toppled, seemingly because he had, as instructed so forcibly, stopped breathing. It was a simple enough instruction... and terribly effective.

The Professor let the scene end, and didn't speak.

TAG: @darthbernael, @greyjedi125, @The Vanguard, @Mitth_Fisto

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Amphitheater

Though as he watched the recording, his face was turned into a mask of mildly curious disbelief, inwardly, Vy’ndall was experiencing a cascade of sensations.

To have Valorum’s ramblings revealed was a rare treat, though moot in the final analysis. He successfully resisted the impulse to glance over at Aurrenna at the mention of the Sith in connection to her family, though he smiled on the inside. Roan’s allegiance to the jedi was already established, as was Tarkin’s militarism. But the assumption that Valorum could mold Palpatine was an interesting one, despite seeing how he was favored by the Professor.

Vy'ndall's feelings of outrage were born from the surreptitious invasion of privacy. Was Valorum even aware that there'd been a camera recording him all the while? Not just him, but very likely every single one of them? Vy’ndall had absolutely no doubt that they ALL had secrets, which were no longer so secret, especially now that this recording was revealed. No, he did not have a good feeling about that particular fact.

Despite that, he was encouraged by all this and more. To have access to such information would afford one much leverage indeed. That they had chosen to show them Valorum’s murder was a bold move in regards of what was ‘legal’. Sure, they could contest it, but the ‘damage’ was already done.

Then, there was the murderer himself.

One who could take life and somehow remain unseen, even by such high security measures. That was no small feat.

“Stop breathing.”

Vy’ndall re-played the sound of it, over and over in his mind, trying to see if the voice matched anyone he had met thus far. The timber, the cadence, the tonality, lingual inflection. Anything. Who's voice could that be? Would the murderer remain on the Academy grounds and see the fruits of his handy work, or be long gone by the time the Jedi investigators arrived? Would they meet, by chance or by design? All of it, so very fascinating. However, be that as it may, he could feel that this was a trap, and now they were forced to pick a ‘lesser’ poison as it were.

“Poor Valorum.” He said out loud in a sympathetic whisper.

“It is my hope that the perpetrator is brought to justice.” He intoned sincerely.

“However, it would seem that recordings such as these can prove our innocence, regarding the murder.”

He was loathe to speak such words, but someone had to.

Incidentally, Palpatine had alluded to being weaponless a moment earlier. Did he not realize that the Professor was both his Sword and Shield? or was he just pretending to be oblivious? The question was why? How curious, most curious indeed.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Nouane, Amphitheatre

Palpatine was an odd one. Complaining about them carrying weapons? What kind of idealistic world did he come from? Then again, looking at her own weapon she had to admit that the dagger wasn't really a good combat weapon. Not when most others carried blasters, but it was what she had been given and she was making the best of it. Not to mention blasters is what guards and security were for. She was only too glad the Professor had shut him down solidly.

The Professor held out a holoprojector, and with a gesture of a remote in the other hand, the lights dimmed. "This is what happened."

She leaned in, attention rapt upon what was being presented. She stole glances at the others, to see if any lacked reaction, but otherwise was solidly focused on what was before her.

There was Valorum, muttering to himself. "Militarists in the heart of the Program... had I known Tarkin was going to be here at all, I would have insisted father requested him removed. Not that father would have done that because he despises my popularity so." A sniff, unamused.

While Valorum probably spoke to himself anyway, he did have a glass of wine in his hand, and he paced his room, the holocam adjusting to follow his steps. "Adasca is a pretty thing but she's just as likely to leak the bait as she is to follow it... after all House Adasca has those secret Sith roots, and even if she was 100% innocent I would not trust her... but then again Roan is such a fanatic that he's as likely to isolate my support as he is to build it!" A laugh. "And that Nagai... playing all angles like a master chess player, that one. Any one of them could do me over, though at least with Tarkin he won't get anywhere pretending to be my ally."

It was hardly pleasant viewing, and alarming as well. Was the Valorum's security measures below standards? Or was there a recording cam in every room? Observing every call they took and eves dropping? She felt like her stomach was about to fall out under her. Mouth agape she watched as this violation continued to play out before their eyes.

"Palpatine, now that is a youth with passion. He can be shaped into whatever you need him to be, as long as he gets to feel like he's making change, or an impact. Oh, he reminds me of Finis so much. I would dote on the lad either way, whether he was as young as he is or not... not that the Professor will let me have too much impact on the boy... not after what happened... then why did he intervene and pluck the boy from Naboo?"

All of a sudden the camera shifted swiftly, for Valorum spun, his cloak twirling. He went to speak to whomever was present, though his expression was angry rather than surprised. "What are you doing -"

"Stop breathing."

All of a sudden Valorum reached for his throat, and the camera panned around the room, but saw nothing whatsoever.

No-one.

By the time the camera adjusted, Valorum had toppled, seemingly because he had, as instructed so forcibly, stopped breathing. It was a simple enough instruction... and terribly effective.

The Professor let the scene end in silence. Tremyr was the first to break that silence. “Poor Valorum.” He said out loud in a sympathetic whisper. Whether real or feigned she couldn't care less. “It is my hope that the perpetrator is brought to justice.” He intoned sincerely. For their sake yes she agreed, but also that she hadn't missed something so banal in her quarters. “However, it would seem that recordings such as these can prove our innocence, regarding the murder.”

Well, there was a bright spot. "Yes. Pity and my condolences to the family, but no dagger was used and my voice does not go that way." she stated with frown. She wanted to ask about the holocamera's but if she asked that might merely spur someone to check all her footage more thoroughly and catch what might otherwise be overlooked. "How would they even gain admittance into the school?" She wondered aloud, fingering her robe. Waiting, praying silently as she kept herself from biting her lower lip too forcefully.

TAG: @darthbernael , @greyjedi125 , @The Vanguard , @Sinrebirth

13. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Ampitheatre

The Professor held out a holoprojector, and with a gesture of a remote in the other hand, the lights dimmed. "This is what happened."

Tarkin watched the recording in, mostly, silence. The only time he gave any reaction was when Valorum suggested having him removed from the program and how his father would not grant his wish. At that he gave a snort, knowing the family he was sure Valorum’s analysis of his father was correct, the man had needed stiffening up, even given his own plotting and his father obviously knew that having the two of them in close proximity would force him to do so.

He watched the remainder, intrigued by Valorum’s comments on each of the other classmates. Tarkin had his own viewpoint but it was interesting to see such and determine what of his opponent’s view matched what he thought of the others. Not that he would say so in public as each had their own agenda and knowing even more about anyone gave them an advantage. Still he couldn’t stop an internal smirk thinking back to the report of himself, he may come from a family that took their service extremely seriously but that did not mean that he was as in favor of creating a force that policed the region as his nephew was.

However, the one troubling part was the fact that there was a recording to begin with. It raised the question as to whether Valorum had recorded it himself, in his vanity, and just happened to have caught the murder as it happened or whether every space was bugged in a similar way by the Program itself.

The actual deed was troubling, he knew, from his studies, that an assassin whether one of his classmates or not, a very good assassin, with dark side Force Powers had taken the life of his opponent. It did prove his weapon wasn’t involved as he had suspected would turn out to be the case, but this was more troubling.

It seemed someone, again whether in the class, had set this up, at this time, with this specific group, for a reason, and knowing what he knew he had better figure out who and why before the assassin struck again or the balance could truly be thrown off, with such beings as were here.

An oddity in this continued to be Palpatine, he seemed incapable of keeping his young mouth shut on any subject that seemed to gain his interest. He knew no one could be so naive that they would think that such beings as were here would not find or keep any means they understood to have a final layer of defense against anyone who would mean them harm. Therefore there was another way he knew of or had access to and at that his eyes narrowed for just a moment before he realised his expression had changed and he smoothed his features once more into a bland expression.

As he mused, Vy’ndall spoke first, giving his thoughts about the situation, and then Aurenna, who somehow turned at least a portion of it back around to attempt to prove her innocence again. He’d done his bit to ensure he could be cleared, especially as he knew he had not done so, or even had any Force ability at all to have been able to accomplish it. Therefore, except for a “Murdered by what seems a Sith. Even worse than if one of us had held a grudge and did so using conventional means.” he stayed silent about any other subject.

He hoped that there would come a time where they could get communications again, as this was certainly something Ser B needed to be made aware of. There was another way but given the recording he was loathe to attempt anything regarding that again, until he could be absolutely certain that nothing was present to watch him, and he was certain it would be a very long time before that happened again, given the circumstances.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Nouane, Amphitheatre

None of them had rushed around panicking that they were under observation, but he could tell that a few of them had tightened up, if at all possible. Palpatine even seemed a little chagrined, as if he had been caught doing something he should not. Probably had, knowing teenagers. But the Professor had no need to create worry where there was none.

"The video was supplied to me in the form of an incredibly encrypted report, and as of yet, nobody has been able to trace it." The Professor appeared vexed. "I respect your privacy, and after all, any communications you send would be monitored by the HoloNet relay, shy of you smuggling in some incredibly modern holoprojector..." he laughed bitterly. At least one of them probably had. "But none of your rooms are bugged in the traditional sense; whomever killed Valorum is responsible for this video as much as the murder."

He turned to them individually, eyeing Tarkin. "Casually blaming an organisation believed to be dead for a millennium? How curious that your suggestion leaps to a conspiracy - a Grand Design entwining a mere half a dozen," the Professor said with some derision. He wheeled on Adasca next, cutting off the human. "Ignoring the possibility of a simple misdirection to conceal your voice as if we would take for granted the murderer was a mere single gender? How curious that your suggestion exposes a basic misunderstanding of technology." His eyes, hard, turned to Vy'ndall. "Concluding that a mere act of persuasion exonerates you, leaping, perhaps as Tarkin did, to a use of the Force and not a hypnotic suggestion, a drug perhaps, or that the voice was merely concealing the true murder weapon? How curious that you seek to shift the conclusion to a Force user and not to a masterful deception."

Roan had said nothing before the Professor's temper snapped, and Palpatine merely held up his hands, trying to not express any emotion on the grilling of his fellow students. "Class is dismissed," the Professor snapped.

"I shall make arrangements for Valorum to be replaced by another student on the list of possibilities, and I shall accept any other weapons or confessions you have in my office before the day is up. Classes will be cancelled for the next week, and we will reconvene then and only then as a group. All personal effects in your rooms have been confiscated while we were here; you will be forbidden from communicating with the outside world between now and then." The Professor of course had dropped a minor bombshell at the start of his sentence before the end.

A variety of private parties would become quite concerned by the lack of contact...

... and another student?

The Professor wheeled from the room, storming out.

TAG: @The Vanguard, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125, @darthbernael
    ---
    IC: Elsewhere

Elsewhere

Elsewhere, a short message was received.

Ereneda, I bring tidings of change. An opening in the class has been created, and I would take this moment to apologise for being unable to allow your daughter to attend the Academy. A sixth student is required to balance out this semester, and without that balance, I fear for the cohesiveness of the group. As you know, Nouane represents opportunity, and it is that opportunity that I lay at your daughters feet. Lessons will recommence within the week, so I would appreciate your daughter arriving at the earliest, so she might interact with my students and minimise her stress. My last student arrived just mid-way through a string of lessons, and it proved somewhat disruptive. I do, nonetheless, yield to your infinite wisdom in these matters.

The Professor of Nouane.

Inevitably said message was passed to the said daughter, for her review before her ageing mother agreed to the same; there was a handful of years left before the young woman came of age, and as was tradition she now had care of her own affairs. Submission of an application to Nouane, a world beyond their borders, was entirely of her initiative, and her mother had merely quietly disapproved.

A monarch must make her own decisions, and reap the consequences of them.

If she chooses to seek counsel, or not.

TAG: @Imperial_Hammer
    ---
    IC: Even More Elsewhere, in Multiple Places, perhaps more than three

Oh yes

One would have to peer back into the Force to see what had occurred with some certainty, but the skill of flow-walking, i.e. to observe what had gone before, and to interfere with the memory of events - but not the events themselves, for that was impossible. He knew; he had tried - that said skill to so walk was beyond any Jedi or Sith of the era.

In another century, Jedi and Sith would rub against the Old and discover the skill anew, consulting with Those Who Dwell Beyond the Veil, but not now.

As such, one would merely have to accept what had been said by themselves beforehand... and acknowledge that those parties would be Very Unhappy to be cut off from their representatives on Nouane.

How unhappy? Why, he'd have to see.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125 - please post your secret combos up this week, prefaced with...

After the First Lesson that Palpatine attended, but Before Valorum Died

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Amphitheater

He remained the picture of composure while the Professor served out his tongue lashing. He certainly received his portion with aplomb, having been at the receiving end of far worse and infinitely more scathing and acerbic criticism.

Masterful deception was certainly on display this day, and he was taking notes. Someone was playing a very dangerous game- and it was quite exciting.

Video Evidence that could not be traced. Respected Privacy that was completely violated. Unspoken thoughts, mentioned aloud. The Force. Technology. Misdirection. Information. Misinformation. Whomever controlled these, held the keys to power within the galactic tapestry. All this, he realized with clarity, was both a Test and a Lesson. He was sure of it.

Vy’ndall for a change, said nothing. His mind was filled with the puzzle presented by the conundrum before him. If his personal effects were indeed confiscated, then that was that; he wouldn’t even bother searching for them, for there would be nothing to ‘turn in’. Good luck activating anything and getting past the biometric locks. Still, it was good to know that at least Tarkin thought similarly and was not afraid to speak his mind.

A week of no contact was definitely problematic, but it did open other -more personal opportunities- opportunities he planned to maximize.

The thought of another student was intriguing, but he couldn’t let that distract him at the moment.

Vy’ndall watched the Professor go and studied his retreating form. There was much more to the man than what could be easily gleaned. The way he became protective of his ‘past identity’ had been a clue. The Nagai half turned and found Tarkin, to whom he offered a solid nod. His dark eyes merely glanced over the arkanian female and the half-sephi, before resting upon Palpatine.

“If his mood doesn’t lighten-up, you could always opt to rest in my room.”

Vy’ndall didn’t really wait for a response as he simply turned and left the amphitheater, intent on returning to his room, and whatever device may or may not be recording him.

@Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto *answer and reactions if any, SECRET combo coming up next

OOC: YAY!! @Imperial_Hammer

16. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Roan Lath
    Amphitheater

"The video was supplied to me in the form of an incredibly encrypted report, and as of yet, nobody has been able to trace it." The Professor appeared vexed. Ahh, so that's it. Whoever did this was connected to the murder. The pre-meditation, the audacity, the bloodlust. Roan cringed inside at the grim reality of what happened to the unsuspecting Valorum. The young man's very tone of surprise before being...murdered. It mattered that his fellow classmate was killed on command using none other than Force powers, and dark ones at that. Roan closed his eyes, trying to process all the questions surfacing in his mind. Who could infiltrate the Exchange? Was he allowed in? How safe was the class? What would the King think of his lack of response on the boy from Naboo? Roan turned his attention to Palpatine, who was looking more like a lap dog as time went on.

"I respect your privacy, and after all, any communications you send would be monitored by the HoloNet relay, shy of you smuggling in some incredibly modern holoprojector..." he laughed bitterly. At least one of them probably had. "But none of your rooms are bugged in the traditional sense; whomever killed Valorum is responsible for this video as much as the murder." Bingo.

He turned to them individually, eyeing Tarkin. "Casually blaming an organisation believed to be dead for a millennium? How curious that your suggestion leaps to a conspiracy - a Grand Design entwining a mere half a dozen," the Professor said with some derision. He wheeled on Adasca next, cutting off the human. "Ignoring the possibility of a simple misdirection to conceal your voice as if we would take for granted the murderer was a mere single gender? How curious that your suggestion exposes a basic misunderstanding of technology." His eyes, hard, turned to Vy'ndall. "Concluding that a mere act of persuasion exonerates you, leaping, perhaps as Tarkin did, to a use of the Force and not a hypnotic suggestion, a drug perhaps, or that the voice was merely concealing the true murder weapon? How curious that you seek to shift the conclusion to a Force user and not to a masterful deception."

Roan was glad he said nothing before the Professor's temper snapped, "Class is dismissed," the Professor finished.

“If his mood doesn’t lighten-up, you could always opt to rest in my room.” Vy'ndall spoke up.

The half Sephi glanced at his Nagai classmate. He felt a slight sense of connection to the fellow non-human. Similar angular features of their physiology didn't make them best friends, but he felt familiar. Not to mention the naturally soothing voice of the Nagai species lent to his sense of comfort. Tremyr had a similar way of thinking the Sephi did, and was more outspoken that Roan was. "Once I return my weapon, might I take you up on your offer? Some company sounds good right about now."

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto

Sinrebirth and greyjedi125 like this.
  17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    After the First Lesson that Palpatine attended, but Before Valorum Died
    IC: Krai H'voc

Elsewhere, in the Unknown Regions

The channel opened, and it was not one running through the HoloNet.

A specific example of FireFist technology, the Nagai had the ability to pierce the galaxy from above with each, a cartographical feat that the Republic had not yet achieved, made possible by virtue of the fact that the second most distant satellite galaxy of eight such star clusters hung above the galactic disc.

Using said technology, and by seeding the cosmos, dotted across the galaxy were repeaters which acted as a shadow network across the Republic, and indeed some parts of the Unknown Regions. As such they need not worry about the possibility of the Professor accessing the HoloNet and discovering their chat.

She was Krai H'voc, and she was one of the expeditionary commanders responsible for liaising with their deep placed spies. She also had a low opinion of Vy'ndall, because his family had, in her view, gone native. Which was fact that would become ironic in another three decades, but right here, and right now, it meant her opening was a single word, ignorant to the fact they were social equals.

"Report."

Vy’ndall waited for the stipulated time that was required for his own security measures to be maximized, which was all of a few seconds. He remained standing, out of respect for the commander.The mission was far more important than personal feelings regarding the commander -fortunately, his family’s ambition, and his own, were thus far in alignment, ironic as that might seem.

Commander H’voc’s tone was as it had always been, distant and officious. Perhaps it was a posture demanded by her rank in the Expeditionary Force. Still, they all had their parts to play.

When next he spoke, Vy’ndall spoke with certainty and authority in his voice.

“The first class is concluded. The elder human delegates are in opposition. One would sue for peace through diplomacy and the other favors the martial approach. There is a strong chance the Arkanians will remain neutral, while the half-blood’s political contingent is likely to follow the dictates of the Jedi. Of note, the young human from Naboo and the Professor are still both mysteries thus far. As for myself, I’ve acquired actionable intelligence from the Jedi’s rival faction. My investigation is to be considered ongoing at this time.”

As was his custom, Vy’ndall grew silent and waited for cross-examination, before he would utter the words:

“Your orders?”

A sniff. “Your obsession with the Jedi mystics is your failing, Vy’ndall. That enemy numbers merely ten thousand. Even in peacetime, the production values of their mighty shipyards far outstrip anything the Faruun have access to.”

“I need hard information. A “strong chance” is no use for us. Intelligence to follow up, from the isolation of Nouane, is intelligence that will take yet more time to acquire.” There was always a sense of urgency to Nagai High Command, even if the invasion was a generation away from being ready. But Nagi suffered under the murderous games of the Tof.

Her narrow eyes narrowed even further. “You seem to be arguing that mere politics will cripple the Republic, and our main opposition will be a band of monks that might detect our efforts. Is that your firm belief, to be put on the record?”

Vy’ndall knew he was not the only agent in the field. Granted, he did not know their identities, for that would be a critical security risk, but he knew he was not the only one. H’voc and High Command were getting intel from various sources, collating data and projecting the likeliest of outcomes using their present model. Their logic was nearly flawless, but to dismiss Jedi prescience as actionable intelligence was -in his opinion- a great mistake and a missed opportunity of critical proportions.

Just because something seemed improbable, didn’t mean it was impossible. Vy’ndall was already experiencing that reality for himself- and a powerful reality it was. He could not expect H’voc to understand that, she and others like her were simply still 'asleep'.

So, how best to still communicate his findings despite rational disbelief? No doubt, his warning would go unheeded, but still, the warning would be given.

Vy’ndall purposefully let the moment hang. H’voc was too steely to be unnerved by it, but he might as well derive a modicum of pleasure from the encounter. It was ironic though, how she phrased his response before he even gave it. Her attempt at inception was obvious and subjective.

A pity.

In the greater scheme of things, he still had to play their game. But that wouldn't be the case for much longer.

“With all due respect Commander, I did state that my investigation is ongoing. If you wish to make that a footnote in your report, you have my permission to do so. Political instability, followed by conflict and the subsequent rescue by the Jedi from said conflict does seem to be a recurrent pattern, but at this juncture, High Command requires factual substantiation. I will be preparing a historical flow-chart to illustrate this point and present it to them in due course.”

The young nagai offered a respectful nod, indicating that he had nothing else to add, except redundancies.

“Will there be anything else?”

She glared at him.

"We need to start making in-roads now."

"The refugee situation is becoming critical and if your... political machinations can instigate a secession from the Republic within the year, we shall make a move on the new state within five years. The Republic's borders now brush their traditional Unknown Regions - had we had reliable intelligence earlier, we could have taken the systems that lay between their 'Known' and 'Unknown' without issue." She growled. "Instead we have to rely upon you, our most highly placed agent, to lead the invasion of the galaxy."

She bit out the last. H'voc was also correct; a handful of worlds in the galactic south would not sustain their numbers. Not after centuries of diaspora across Firefist, locked in pointless battles they could not win. If only they had looked to the Skyriver - the galaxy in the sky - first.

If only.

"So the sooner your flow-chart, substantiated by hard data, is created, the better." She thrust her finger at the screen. "If this newcomer, this Palpatine, the younger mystery, proves too much of a distraction, you will be ordered to destroy him." H'voc went to turn from the screen. "Leave the Professor alone. Your presence may be both opportunity and snare, and you must never forget that."

She took the same tone back to him he had. "Will there be anything else?"

Despite all else, Vy'ndall appreciated the commander's employment of authority. In the grand view, sheep needed to be led by the likes of H'voc and Tarkin. Valorum's way was the path to subjugation. Where indeed would Palpatine place himself, remained to be seen. That question required an answer before any 'tactical' options were implemented. Still, the commander was right. He needed to yield actionable result, for the sake of his people. The sooner the better- there was no arguing that necessity.

"No commander. Your orders are clearly understood as is their priority. By your leave?"

Vy'ndall had his fill of this particular meeting and needed to move on. In his mind, he didn't agree to just 'leave the Professor alone'. That statement meant there was more to the human than he had been briefed on -which of course, made him all the more curious. Especially since she had not shared 'why' he should do so. Or perhaps it was a trap she merely laid-out for him, given his penchant for investigation. Well, he simply added that to his itinerary for later consideration. There was much he needed to do, like prepare for class tomorrow, for Vy'ndall Tremyr was always prepared. But before he delved into his studies, he felt he desperately needed a sparring session with Mal'vahla.

Letting off some steam was good for both body and mind.

Vy'ndall
    Presently

These memories haunted his mind as he walked towards his quarters, wether he wanted to admit it or not. Vy’ndall felt the onset of fatigue rush into him all of a sudden. He was both sleepy and sleepless, yet annoyingly awake. He wanted to go sparring to sharpen and focus his mind, but his body didn’t have the energy for it. Mal would have to wait till morning -now that he had more time. She still needed to report her assessment on the book.

So why kill Valorum? Who stood to benefit?

He needed to find answers.

Before someone else died.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Amphitheatre/Personal Quarters

Tarkin remained silent during the Professor’s words. They were the words of a man, a being, that was attempting to defuse a situation, but also turn each beings words back on themselves without any evidence given one way or another that the conjectures given were false.He simply typed in his thoughts and impressions of what had already been revealed and the reactions, actions, of the others.

Then the Professor spoke one last time this night. "Class is dismissed," he snapped before exiting.

Tarkin began gathering up the meager belongings he had with him at this time to return to what he was sure was an almost completely empty room. He surveyed the room, noting Vy’ndall’s nod, which he returned with equal measure. ‘I should probably speak with him in private at some point,’ he thought, before scanning across Roan, Aurenna, and Palpatine, who seemed slightly nonplussed that he’d have to find somewhere new to rest after the latest news. He’d heard Vy’ndall’s offer and wondered if the young man would take him up on it.

He walked from the amphitheatre to his room, wondering how much of his personal effects had been taken, which led to what else had been stripped from his classmates. That led to further speculation about what new classmate would be joining them and what they would do to change or upset the dynamic that was already there, not that it hadn’t been radically upset by Valorum’s murder as it was.

He opened the door to his quarters, noting that his personal security effects had been stripped from the door, ‘Those had better be returned, they cost a small fortune to Eriadu so I cannot afford to lose or have them destroyed.’ Entering the room it truly did appear bare. His curtains were gone, rendering the room even more sterile. There was an empty spot where his desk from home had stood. That, in particular concerned him but he had done all he could to render what was inside inert and undetectable. If that was discovered there would be more trouble than a simple murder.

He sat on the bed, still thinking deeply about everything that had happened. He couldn’t trust that his room truly wasn’t bugged, no matter what the Professor said. ‘He dismissed the possibility of the Sith, as if that order were truly destroyed. Either he does not know or he is hiding the truth from everyone about that.’ he thought. He knew quite well that that group was not gone, merely severely reduced but then again most people didn’t have access to sources he did. That reminded him that while he device he used for his secure communication with Ser B was confiscated it did not mean that he was unable to communicate with him.

He closed his eyes, looking inward until he found the spot he was seeking, mentally bowing, ‘I have urgent information for Ser B, which I believe you have been made aware of, being there with me as it was told.’

Mere moments passed before he felt a message from Ser B, ‘Tarkin, I see that Valorum has been murdered. I do not doubt that you will be considered a suspect, perhaps a minor one due to the antagonism between you two. I have also noted you have secured the precious item, pray that it not be revealed. However, I do trust that you will handle the situation there, even the appearance of a new student. I would recommend getting to know Vy’ndall better. There are things taking place that involve the Nagai and he may or may not be involved, but if it affects the balance, more must be known.’

He sat upon the bed still, returning to the conscious world, ‘Hmmm, his assessment matches mine. This new information about the Nagai is intriguing but Ser B is correct, I must focus on this immediate situation. Long term strategy may benefit from this short term.’

Sinrebirth and greyjedi125 like this.
  19. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Surprise surprise. GM Approved

Name: Ni'Korish
    Species: Hapan
    Personal Effects: Nothing you wouldn't expect to find traveling with a Hapan Princess
    Personal Ship: A staffed Hapan Royal Shuttle is docked at a discrete nearby landing bay
    Appearance:

[​IMG]

*Ni'Korish (furthest left), with her mother (center) and cousin (furthest right)

Bio: Its said that rules can always bend for the right people, and Ni'Korish was born as a right person. Eldest daughter to the Queen Mother of Hapes, Ni'Dalmala, Ni'Korish has been groomed from her birth for ruling the Hapes Consortium. While the cluster remains strictly isolationist, the rare woman of particularly high standing and clearance can find their way to the Galactic Core. Sent by her mother, Ni'Korish comes to the Dwartii exchange program as an "exchange student" in the truest sense. With knowledge and exposure to the strange humans that live outside the cluster, Ni'Korish will be one step closer to leading and defending her people.

------

IC: Ni’Korish

Ni’Korish stared idly out of her shuttle window at the blue and black undulating mass of hyperspace. Her manicured fingers slowly but steadily tapping at the table in front her seat. The young woman couldn’t quite make up her mind if she was annoyed or excited.

“Hyperspace reversion in ten seconds” quietly announced her pilot from the cockpit.

Ni’Korish sat back in her seat in advance of the jolt. On the one hand, what was due to come would certainly be an adventure. She had never been outside of the cluster before. She had heard stories from the naval officers at court about the strange societies in the rest of the galaxy. Egalitarian, democratic… foolish. She had no intent to participate in their backwards ideas, but she needed to see it for herself. One can visit the ocean without swimming in it.

The shuttle rocked with a shudder as the blue pulse of hyperspace gave way to dark blackness. She could hear the sublight engines firing up as the shuttle made its way to Nouane. Ni’Korish’s eyes flittered to the flimsiplasts on the table. Something had happened at the academy to precipitate her invitation. Her mother’s spies were quite useless in terms of helping in this matter. An unfortunate side effect of isolation – spies outside of the kingdom were tragically few, their attention split in too many ways.

But Ni’Korish had not gotten as far as she did, even at her young age, without an appreciation and skill with courtly intrigue. Nothing just happens – especially when it comes to well-run institutions catering to powerful people. The administration had done an impressive job keeping the facts to themselves, which made the opening all the more interesting. If the school could tamp down on the details, among students, staff, first responders, droids, foreign comm taps, and so forth … shouldn’t they also have been able to manage whatever happened to cause this opening in the first place?

Ni’Korish smiled to herself as she looked at Nouane growing larger in her window. She was born into intrigue. Do these foreigners even know what is going to hit them? The details will come out. They always do.

Which reminded her of her other feeling… annoyance. She sighed and took up the quarter glass of tea she had in front of her. This was all so unnecessary. Cavorting with barbarians for what exactly? To prove to the old crones at court that she had what it took to rule Hapes? That qualification should be apparent from her pedigree and pre-existing work in the Cluster. Is this really what it took to demonstrate this?

The shuttle pierced through the clouds as it approached its destination.

She vowed to remember the people that “required” her to undertake this demeaning task. When she assumed the throne, there would be some just payback for this. Not too harsh naturally… just enough to deliver the message. An unannounced royal visit perhaps. Or a few additional inspections from crown authorities. Perhaps someone forfeiting a title or estate they would have normally received. Yes… something like that.

The door to the cockpit opened as she could feel the shuttle slowing down. A few footmen passed quietly, heads down on their way to the back of the ship to handle her luggage. It wouldn’t be much longer now.

Ni’Korish took the few remaining minutes to finish her tea, check her personal effects, including the small plasteel knife she holstered on her thigh under her skirt. No blasters. This institution would check and the metal and powerpacks would show on sensors, droid or otherwise. Plasteel was a little more non-descript. Some of her advisors wanted a purely organic abroad with a bone-based weapon, but Ni’Korish figured if they were going to check for plasteel, they’ll check for bone too.

The shuttle touched down on ground and the two pilots stepped out into the cabin. The two women stood at attention waiting for her signal.

“Alright.” Ni’Korish said standing up, adjusting her white skirt that flowed out from under her white and gold trimmed blouse. She flicked her hand pointing to the back of the shuttle. “Let’s get this over with.”

The two pilots strode towards the back supply bay and landing ramp. Ni’Korish followed behind them, past the footmen, and down the ramp into the hanger.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Now, Nouane, Amphitheatre - Personal Quarters

Most had seemed to keep their composure, most had seemed to have differing points of view and concerns. No one and everyone seemed a suspect and the Professors rebukes demonstrated this. Whether he was truly mad at them or frustrated at his own facilities short comings to allow not only something to happen but for it to be what he and sponsoring families would consider a greatest tragedy. Sadly she could not say she felt the same, not after hearing the dead man's private musings.

The only really good news was that the Professor did not have privacy violating recordings of her. Bad news was, the killer might.

The oddities were Roan had said nothing before the Professor's temper snapped, and Palpatine merely held up his hands, trying to not express any emotion on the grilling of his fellow students. Far too early for the youngling to probably care about anyone else yet. What had they had? One class seated next to each other. That was all, and apparently not enough. "Class is dismissed," the Professor snapped. "I shall make arrangements for Valorum to be replaced by another student on the list of possibilities, and I shall accept any other weapons or confessions you have in my office before the day is up. Classes will be cancelled for the next week, and we will reconvene then and only then as a group. All personal effects in your rooms have been confiscated while we were here; you will be forbidden from communicating with the outside world between now and then." The Professor of course had dropped a minor bombshell at the start of his sentence before the end.

This had turned from bad but fortuitous to good and terrible. They already had one new class mate, another was likely to cause some major troubles back home. With the Professor gone she had simply nodded to the others. A couple of them were talking but she paid them no mind, "I need to contemplate everything." she simply stated as a way of farewell before leaving them. Leaving to see what she had been left in her room, if anything.

The Night leading up to the present, before the murder

Private Quarters

Once absconed in her room she sealed the door and then walked about staring at her room for anything minutely out of place. Wrong heat signatures. Waiting for the flush of warmth from her necklaces largest black jewel to tell her whether there where any signals or listening or observing devices within her room. Once satisfied with her sweep she went to large chest next to her bed. Jewel encrusted and lightly adorned she gently put an earring into a recess and listened for the tell tale click as it unlocked with a triple click.

Good. No one had tampered with it either by doing something so foolish as tampering with what appeared to be a keyhole on the front nor the keypad beside it. Lifting the lid she lifted out the top tray that held assorted jewelry and special private garments and devices. Beneath that was a collection of stones from famous Arkania Adasca history sites. The stone of her home, the stone of the exogorth birthing asteroid. Or so it would seem, choosing the proper stone she lifted it and waited as it sampled her presence and coded in to her. The only one who could open it.

The rock inverted, acquiring a leathery exterior and then moulding to the approximation of a face. It was scarred, ritually so, as it should be for the rank the visage had. Where the nose on a human would be was gone, hacked out and left to show the nasal ridges. The forehead sloped, the leathery approximation flattening, and revealing two pointed ears, none too dissimilar to those of Sephi origin would have.

It was he gnarled, wizened and terrifying image of Warmaster Czulkang Lah. In the guttural tongue of his species, the man spoke.

Report, Anor.

Vezrra Anor twisted her neck, popping the bones and spoke back in the same guttural voice. "If these are the best this galaxy has to offer, we are not impressed. We are learning the weakness of their diversity and soft lives, the points they have formed that allow them to be cracked are slowly being revealed by the gods that would make them slay each other."

Lah sniffed, for a shake of the head in agreement would not be conveyed by the villip anyway. “You have done well to infiltrate as far as you have into their den. Domain Anor is elevated by your successes.

A pat on the back was not Czulkang’s style, however. “We would hear more of the newcomer. The one who causes uproar in the court of Thustra; concern in the infindel Senate halls; worry among the domains of Eriadu.” All of that could have been nothing more than speculation by the Warmaster, but it could also be evidence of spies among all parties.

Lah was as cunning politically as he was in the field of war, and he had assisted the present Supreme Overlord, Quoreal, in securing the worldship convoy from those who had supported their prior ruler. His opinions on the coming conflict he kept to himself, nonetheless - before him merely stood a problem to be resolved, as a strategist and master tactician.

The complete conquest of the galaxy.

A faint smile tugged at her lips at the request. "He has already shown a passing interest in me. It should not be difficult to nurture that interest to learn more. Presently he rooms with the Leader of this creche'. Once alone, when he has private quarters, I should be able to get much closer."

Tilting her head she sighed, the gods were testing her and she was not sure if she was about to extend her cleansing once this all was over but, "If any needs removed I am most anxious to serve." she stated with calm and placid features.

Lah seemed to muse. “I shall consult with the Supreme Overlord, and the priesthood. They are seeking portents on a daily basis, and often they paint the class members as representatives of our pantheon.

But which is Yun-Yanmka? Which Yun-Txiin or Q’aah?” A snort. “We ask Yun-Harla to cloak you, and you to represent her art in return, but where is Yun-Shuno? When there were six of you, the priests were more certain that the Professor was the Modeler, Yun-Ne’Shel. But yet, with seven, they panic. Yun-Lingni barely features in our great pantheon. The shadowed son, those who debate our great craft, that is what they call Him - and yet to instead suggest that the Professor is Yun-Yuuzhan in this interplay between the seven of you; it is heresy of the highest order.

A sneer. “Continue to ingratiate yourself for now, weaken the hinges of any cooperation they seek. If you identify a direct threat - eliminate it. Otherwise, do not tempt Yun-Harla to betray us; we have gathered much thanks to your efforts.

Half lidding her eyes she parted her lips in a smile, one she knew the villip on the other side would display in her true face. A smile of pleasure and hunger, "I shall do my best not to give temptation and exploit all openings the gods deliver."

Lah looked at her, eyes piercing. She had been almost too alluring then. He found himself regarding the sacs beneath her eyes, before remembering himself. “You consort with heretics, Anor, remember your renewal, and you shall be remembered as the herald of Yuuzhan’tar.

Rrush'hok ichnar vinim'hok.” The Warmaster said, as the villip inverted. It was time to move forward. He left the villip choir and went to appraise the Supreme Overlord in person.

Czulkang was unsure how pleased he would be with the news.

"Belek tiu." she simply replied as the villip reverted back to it's rocklike exterior as it folded in upon itself once more. Placing everything back meticulously she went ahead and laid out the clothes for tomorrow to hang where they could be seen before sealing the chest and then stepping into the refresher. A quick check and things would appear things had been taken care of, hopefully all in time for that idiot man child to return.

TAG: @The Vanguard, @greyjedi125, @darthbernael, @Sinrebirth , @Imperial_Hammer

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Post One of Three

IC: Palpatine

His room

It was much as the Professor had stated. The room had been emptied of all personal effects, though compared to the others and their communication devices, private toys and surprises, it was nothing more than teenage affectations. Palpatine was not one for things, not if they could be taken from him. He took great stock in intellectual artefacts that engaged him, and it saw him return to the Professor's study in the meantime.

The four statues were overbearing, but he paid them no heed; Nouane relics from a bygone era. The lightsaber hilt though, in its silver-and-golden nature; that drew his eye, but he felt, rather oddly, as if it was watching him back. In all likelihood the Professor had a recording device in his private office, but Palpatine merely sat on the free visitors chair and pulled free a book from the pile on other chair.

Deciding to not risk taking the book back to his room to read, he crossed his legs and settled in. The Treatise on the Treaty of Coruscant: Treachery or Tactics would have to keep him going until the Professor came back.

But indeed, they merely had their beds and whatever books the Professor supplied them. Vy'ndall already had one, and Tarkin would be sent another, as would Adasca and Lath.

Tarkin, he had What makes a God a God; Or, how to kill One - a discussion on the power given by religions to deities and whether that gave them a manifestation in this reality or not, and indeed it delved deeper into the concepts of at what point a God created in such a manner could be said to be dead. Was it possible for the largest religions in the galaxy to have inadvertently killed their deities off by shifting their belief system?

Lath had The Power of the Force; How the Caamasi taught the Jedi to be ethical - a pointed debate of recently discovered information that the Jedi were, prior to the Force Wars which ended the Twilight Wars, been an Order that believed in Balance, and not the Light and the Dark, but on facing the Rakata realised that they needed to balance the Force by becoming only light. Was it possible that, without an overbearing and monstrous foe like the Rakata, or indeed, the Sith, that the Jedi were the problem now, by refusing to Balance the Force but instead to Light it up?

Adasca had The Fall of Veeshas Tuwan - a scornful account of how the Jedi opted to erase the Sith library on Arkania, a world that had maintained a quiet independence from the Republic since the Thirteen Alsakan Conflict devolved into the Hundred Years Darkness, returning only after the Sith Empire was defeated. The knowledge lost at Vesshas Tuwan, the writer argued, had been sufficient to finally understand and invalidate the religion of the Sith, but instead the Jedi had perpetuated the conflict with the Sith by associating the religion with the undercurrent of society, giving the populace hooks to express their disaffection with Coruscant by merely embracing the antithesis to its aloof defenders.

All very suggestive content, and indeed, it was what it was.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @The Vanguard, @Mitth_Fisto, @darthbernael

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Post Two of Three

A week passed as if a flash. Events took a course of their own.

TriNebulon News

Hot on the heels of the accusations that Chancellor Valorum instigated the death of his son in the Dwartii program on Nouane, the Senate has opted to impeach the Chancellor following his refusal to allow Judicials to intervene. Insisting that this was at the request of the Professor, the Chancellor has stepped down in-advance of the result being announced, but nonetheless his term is practically over. The Senate will reconvene and elect a new Chancellor in the interim, expected to be Vaila Pecivas, if only because she represents a steady and clear voice, and the mood on Coruscant is for consistency rather than flamboyance now. The Professor of Nouane himself has been asked to stand before a enquiry, but has issued a statement that he fears for his life. A new Professor has been appointed in keeping with the rules of the Dwartii Institute, and we understand has, due to the potential conflict of interest with Arkania, opted for the traditional surgery at Aurora Medical on Obroa-Skai, but they have refused to comment. Rumours suggest that a new student is en route to Nouane, in-keeping with the new tradition of there always being five students, though rumours abound of a sixth student. The Tarkin, Valorum, Adasca and Royal Family of Thustra remain unwilling to comment on the investigation as it is on-going, and indeed any suggestion of a sixth.

But what a turnaround.

Who would have thought that the death of his son would undo his political career? More on this at...

Those said families watched the news with agitation, as too did the scouts of the proposed invasions of the Yuuzhan Vong and Nagai. Both of their military and political apparatuses could only wonder as to whether this was misfortune, or a masterful scheme to ensnare their scouts in advance of the opening of their campaigns?

The question; it could not bear being left unanswered for too long.

Supreme Overlords; Supreme Commanders; Kings; Senators; Republics and Empires; they all needed to know the answer to the murder of Tarsus Valorum.

Even an answer did not find Tarkin, as if holding his breath.

TAG: No-One

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM TAG Three of Three

Nouane, Hangar Bay

In the intervening time, the students were confined to their quarters, which was particularly vicious what with the utter lack of investigation, be it interrogative or otherwise. They were supplied food, usually by Palpatine, who was the only student they each interacted with during the gap between lessons, if only because his room was never readied; it was to be used by the new student, and the sole remaining room belonged to that of Tarsus, and was of-course off-bounds.

Palpatine loathed the position he found himself in, but to act-out would be to invite scrutiny from the caretaker droid, a Protocol variant, that had ordinarily worked in the kitchen and prepared all the rooms and food as a house-droid of sorts. Now Palpatine accepted food from it and distributed it, rather than them heading to the dining room as was apparently the prior arrangement. To say that they had all been isolated from each other, that was not untrue.

But today Palpatine had told them was to come, and they were to head to the hangar at midday sharp-ish. Palpatine had been instructed to arrive earlier, to meet the new Professor first. The youth found all this irritating, especially as he was supposed to be out of the spotlight at present. With a sigh, he smoothed out his tunic as the shuttle arrived, dropping the man off. He wore a black coat, but the tall man immediately shirked it off as he saw Palpatine. He was stern. Palpatine knew, as was tradition, the man had his face surgically altered, and there was no pattern to the prior faces that he had adopted.

The new face was one which was visually distinctive, however. Blue skin; red eyes; jet-black hair. He was roughly the same height of the prior Professor, but Palpatine was instantly concerned by the intensity of the gaze. He carried himself in a different to the prior foppish, librarian-esque Professor, who seemed to be cut to create the image of eccentricity.

[​IMG]

Palpatine blinked. Why in the Naboo Gates of Hell would the surgeons have picked such a face for the Professor?

The Professor folded his arms down the small of his back as the ramp raised and the ship left. "Ah, yes. Palpatine. It is good to see you." The voice had a quality to it that was quite nonhuman in origin, but Palpatine could not imagine the surgeons had interfered with the teachers voice-box. But perhaps they had; Palpatine could only blink at the stare, before remembering to reply.

"Ah yes, Professor. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Palpatine held out a hand, and the Professor looked at it with a smile. Then, he took the hand and nodded, as if to say something else, but the time for the others was at hand; Vy'ndall, Adasca, Tarkin, Lath - they would all have been told to arrive punctually to meet the new Professor.

Similarly, however, the Professor tucked his hands behind his back and, paying no heed to the reactions of them in seeing their new teacher in all his resplendent fashion, turned to look at the newly arriving ship of Ni'Korish. "May I present the Hapan heir," the Professor said, snapping his booted feet together. "The sixth student to be added to the class."

He gestured to the others as they arrived, introducing them in turn; young Palpatine, the pale Nagai Vy'ndall Tremyr, the beautiful Aurrena Adasca, the Sephi-half-breed Roan Lath, and of course the merely named Tarkin, who the Professor expected would be positively unable to be anything but imperious.

He swept them all in his gaze. "I am the new Professor of the Dwartii Program. I am sure you are all aware that the murder of Tarsus Valorum on these grounds has unseated the Chancellor, and opened a place for a new student." He indicated Ni'Korish.

Her guards held position, though they would know that they were to leave shortly. The Professor had no intention of pressing the point; not yet. "I intend to be leading the investigation into the death of Tarsus once I am settled in; classes will resume immediately." The house-droid stepped up, intending to take Ni'Korish's case.

Palpatine, for his part, he just stared a Ni'Korish.

She was beautiful.

TAG: @Imperial_Hammer, @The Vanguard, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125

@Jerjerrod-Lennox, I thank you for the visage of Vydra, he has been retired. *salutes*

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Prisoner for a week

His room was bare indeed. They had taken everything- and so, he let it be, to serve as a reminder of the layers of illusion with which beings too often shroud themselves. He was free to be a prisoner, charged with no formal crime, yet guilty.

The insipid irony of it all did not escape him.

So,what would Valorum be remembered for? Who would recall him? No, that was not the real question, if he was honest. And there was certainly enough time for brutal honesty and introspection- a whole week’s worth.

So. What would they remember Vy’ndall Tremyr for? Who would recall him?

Hmph. Within himself, he vowed he would
    give them something to remember him by.

During the space of that week, the nagai spoke to no one. Not even Palpatine whenever the human brought him his meals, though he did look him deep in his eyes, taking his measure on a daily basis. Vy’ndall set himself on a rigid schedule of meditation, martial training and reading, the later, thanks to
    The Professor.

Zabrak or Iridonia - the Crossover between Dathomir and Iridionia and what it means for future relations in the Inner Rim.

He simply could not get enough of the book and its deep mysteries. Though he could not communicate with the other students, or anyone else for that matter, it was fortunate that he could still access and research data for study. Vy’ndall cross-referenced all materials he could find mentioned within the book, or at least what was available to him. The Jedi, the Sith, the Old Sith Wars, Exar Kun, the Dark Lord known as Kaan. He absently remembered the Professor mentioning his own extensive library and wondered if Palpatine spent countless hours devouring its content. Alas, he only had a single book to keep him company and fuel his thoughts.

Vy’ndall also did wonder if the Professor suspected Mal’vahla’s origin - but that mattered little in the here and now. He had to get his mind and body ready for the Jedi investigators.

It was during his blind-fighting exercise of the ninth form of the bladed kris-kata (sans blades ), where quick deceptive moves were followed by powerful and fatal counters, that the call came to meet in the hangar where they would meet their New Professor.

New Professor?

It was then that one of the initial lessons came to mind and the specific circumstances needed to affect that change.

New Chancellor. New Professor.

That in-itself generated many questions, but none which could be answered immediately, sad to say.

Vy’ndall attired himself in Bordeaux and Gold brocade shimmersilk and adopted a neutrally pleasant, yet cool air about him. A week of seclusion was bound to have its effects. Some more obvious than others.

Once he reached the hangar, he nodded in greetings to the others. It was good to see Tarkin, Lath and Adasca. He was not surprised to learn that Palpatine had received preferential treatment and had opportunity to be the first to meet the New Professor. Upon seeing the new Professor however…

I know this species!

The jet black hair. The blue skin. The red eyes. The cold demeanor.

It was a dramatic change from the previous Professor and perhaps a telling one. Vy’ndall was taken by surprise for the space of several heartbeats before he managed to compose himself. No matter what had occurred before, there was no place for rude behavior.

“A pleasure to meet you, Professor.” The nagai intoned with honesty during the brief introduction. “I am Vy’ndall Tremyr.”

The New Professor had no time for pleasantries as a ship arrived.

In short order, a sixth student was introduced, and she was the Heir of the Hapans.

“Your Majesty.” Vy’ndall managed to issue a greeting with a perfunctory bow, upon seeing the personage of the new student.

Well, things were getting very interesting by now.

He’d had no communication for a week with his contacts or security team and wondered if he was considered dead, a liability or worse. The new Professor was as enigmatic as any being could possible be. Valorum’s murderer was technically still ‘free’ to repeat his crime, no jedi had come to investigate, and Palpatine was staring at the new female in the class. To think he’d replace Adasca so easily.

Furtively, he glanced at Tarkin and silently wondered what he made out of all this.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard, @Imperial_Hammer

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Personal Quarters - To Now, Nouane, Landing Pad

Returning to her room she had expected to find it baren. No artifacts were left. Not even clothes shall be left for her, or so she expected. Whomever had cleared out her room would have had to have been thorough. She approved with the notion except that they had done so to her. To anyone else she approved, to herself this was anathema. She would have to ask for something to wear to be supplied she supposed if they didn't provide something, she could not live merely in a bathrobe forever.

Only as she stepped in she found her dress still hanging where she had left it the night before. Stepping closer she found the chest was gone, with it most of jewelry that was kept inside as well as her private means of communications outside of this facility. This was vexing, appalling, and downright sloppy yet somehow effective. It was enough to make her want to sacrifice them all and be done with it! But she knew her path, she knew her way and merely seethed at the empty room lest an observing device had been left. A quick search with her pendant turned up nothing, nothing but a single tablet that did her no good except banal studies, her clothes which could prove useful, and a few pieces of jewelry that had been out of the chest when it had been taken. Then there was the book, with nothing else to do she had checked it out.

Adasca had The Fall of Veeshas Tuwan - a scornful account of how the Jedi opted to erase the Sith library on Arkania, a world that had maintained a quiet independence from the Republic since the Thirteen Alsakan Conflict devolved into the Hundred Years Darkness, returning only after the Sith Empire was defeated. The knowledge lost at Vesshas Tuwan, the writer argued, had been sufficient to finally understand and invalidate the religion of the Sith, but instead the Jedi had perpetuated the conflict with the Sith by associating the religion with the undercurrent of society, giving the populace hooks to express their disaffection with Coruscant by merely embracing the antithesis to its aloof defenders.

In other words an interesting book that she probably could use to better understand the point of view of these Jedi and discover more about this undercurrent. It was enlightening and useful reading, highlighting many issues that could be exploited later if she ever got out of here. Being locked up in her room for what had turned into weeks with only answering the door for food as a distraction besides a study tablet and book had been less planned and more boring. Still her face was always impeccable despite her limited access to supplies every time.

But today Palpatine had told them what was to come, and they were to be released to head to the hangar at midday sharp-ish. She had begrudgingly made sure one of her finest dresses, a tight shimmersilk that flared with glittering pleats of iridescent white was sure to catch eyes with the contrast of her black jewels, over it she wore her grey hair shawl and sashayed out at the appointed time after making sure everything she could check was impeccable and not a hair out of place.

What had greeted her was the new Professor and of course Palpatine. The only one still having free reign. The new Professor was another of the rainbow mutts in this galaxy it seemed. Blue and black with glowing red out of the eyes.

“A pleasure to meet you, Professor.” The Nagai intoned with honesty during the brief introduction. “I am Vy’ndall Tremyr.”

The New Professor said nothing and neither did she at this juncture as a ship arrived.

In short order, a sixth student was introduced, and she was the Heir of the Hapans. A challenger for the position here? Or an ally against the rest? She could not know whom this one embodied or how she could manipulate them yet.

“Your Majesty.” Vy’ndall managed to issue a greeting with a perfunctory bow, upon seeing the personage of the new student.

Giving a curtsy and nod to the new Professor and then the new student Adasca spoke, "Aurrenna Adasca. A pleasure."

Noticing the young boys smitten behavior she pointedly looked at him before back with a sigh and gentle roll of her head. Communicating some compassion and camaraderie for the classic situation that the new woman found herself in.

TAG: @Imperial_Hammer , @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael , @The Vanguard , @greyjedi125

The Vanguard and Sinrebirth like this.