main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by TheManinBlack, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

?You fine men and women are here because of your superior breeding, intellect and skills. You of course do not need to take my word for it, you just need to go to the streets and take any thug or slob off the street and ask them if they know you. Unless they have lived under a rock for the past 20 odd years, I doubt they haven?t at one time or another. But you would be coincided to think to think you are the only people in the world to possess and inherit such refined skills. There might only be a room full of you, but many of you have such chaotic schedules and horrible manners it?s just hard tracking you down and making you agree to come here. Mankind once again needs your help, though this time it?s a crisis beyond that in witch a single person among you will suffice, this will need all your talents and cooperation. Welcome to a fraternity that has aided mankind for centuries. Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

This is not the first time the league has been assembled. Nor will it be the last. Mankind will always need to use the tools witch we call heroes. I?m afraid its your lot in life. Though it?s a most honorable and prestigious lot at that though. No need to be modest, introduce yourselves to your fellow league members.? The man called M spoke from the long foreboding shadows, of the large Museum.

As the newly assembled league looked around they recognized some faces. They had met these people or read about them in the paper. After a short moment of awkward silence, a figure stepped forward

Volumes

Inspired by Sephy?s issue system, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen will be going on series of missions related to each other, or hinted at the end of a previous mission. I expect there will be four to five volumes at most in this RP. There might be more if player interest stays high, and my brain is still coming up with decent and fun ideas. Although anyone can feel free anytime to submit a character and I will try to find a way to fit him in one way or another, many of you should expect to be written in at the beginning, or the end of a volume. Each Volume will be inspired by some degree by a classic piece of literature from The time period. From The Lost World, Fantômas, and to even Gulliver's Travels.

Welcome to the League
    In the world of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen nearly every fictional literary event has featuring Handsome Cabs and such, happened in one form or another. The center of the Earth is hollow, and somewhere in South America, dinosaurs still roam the Earth. John Carter went to Mars, and eventually sired a prince who would rule it. Dracula and Van Hellsing not only exist, but they probably chuckle to themselves about the current exploits of Arsène Lupin and Sherlock Holmes when they read about them in the newspaper. In this world of amazing people, fantastic events are bound to happen beyond the scope of the human imagination. And extraordinary figures are going to have to make sure ordinary humans can even exist in this world dominated by the extraordinary and fantastic. That?s where you come in.

For your CS I?d like you to re-make a classic character set in the 19th century, late 18th century, or early 20th century. Like Sherlock Holmes, Captain Nemo, Zorro or Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde for example. Like their comic counter parts, you can slightly exaggerate their powers and skills, though don?t be ridiculous. Hyde might have super strength?but Holmes doesn?t have laser eye vision.

CS sheets
    Name:
    Alias (???):
    Appearance:
    Powers/Skills:
    Best Skill/ Power:
    Gadgets:
    Weaknesses:
    Personality:
    Bio/Background:

[color=purple][hl=gray][b]I_H Edit:[/b][/hl][/color] [b]3 Games + RPFs = Not Allowed. See your PM from me.[/b]

2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I'm in! I sent in Sherlock and the time traveler.

3. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    Nothing like being first I guess.

GM Approved CS:

[u][b]Name:[/b][/u] Thomas Cassidy

[u][b]Alias:[/b][/u] "The Lone Ranger"

[u][b]Appearance:[/b][/u]
    Height- 6'1''
    Weight/Build- 190 lbs/ athletic and muscled but not bulky
    Hair color/style- dark brown (almost black)/ slightly wavy, length down to base of neck
    Eye Color- Green with flecks of violet
    Facial Features- Deep set eyes, slightly flatter but average sized nose, average sized lips and mouth
    Scars/Tattoos- small chunk of left ear missing, star like scar on left temple, flogging scars on back, Arapaho red bear tattoo on right shoulder.

[i]Typical Outfit:[/i]
    - Dark red/brown akuba style hat (low crown) with arapaho beaded band around the base of the crown that holds a single black bullet.
    - black button-down shirt with black buttons
    - dark khaki/green colored denim pants
    - black cloth mask with amber tinted lenses stitched into eyeholes
    - Black Bandanna with red pinstriping
    - dark red/brown leather gloves
    - dark red/brown boots (scuffed slightly), patina'd silver spurs
    - black cloth duster
    - dark red/brown leather vest
    - dark red/brown bandoleers and belt plus quick draw holsters for pistols

[u][b]Age:[/b][/u] 29

[u][b]Gender:[/b][/u] Male

[u][b]Powers/Skills:[/b][/u]
    [i]Powers-[/i] Due to exposure to an arcane Arapaho process of unknown origin, Cassidy's body permanently works at peak human levels. He can run faster and farther, lift more and hit harder, see smell taste touch and hear more than any other normal human.
    His immune system is boosted to the point where it takes an extreme dose of toxins to faze him, and only brand new viruses and bacteria can put him down (although the Cold will always be a problem.

[i]Skills-[/i] Since he comes from the wild west of the new world, Cassidy has become a deadly effective fighter, both with his hands and weapons. He can wield two guns at once with frightening accuracy, improvise weaponry on the fly in a tight situation, and can take on multiple opponents at once. This knowledge also extends into gunsmith abilities, with most of his arsenal being custom-designed by Cassidy himself.

Also due to living on the frontier, Cassidy is a superb horseman, able to ride long distances without much fatigue.

Having had an Arapaho guide for most of his law enforcement career, he is well versed in holistic healing and field medicine. He is also fluent in several tribe languages and gifted in tribal communications.

As a law enforcement officer, Cassidy has learned interrogation techniques and is versed in investigation, able to think laterally when the truth is not readily apparent.

Best Skill/ Power: While his powers certainly enhance his talents, Cassidy is a well rounded individual. He may not be the best in one aspect, but he is versatile enough to switch gears if it means getting the job done.

[u][b]Gadgets:[/b][/u] Divided into two groups: Tools and weapons
    [i]+Tools+[/i]
    [li]150 feet of rope (Lariat and Lasso)[/li]
    [li]set of telescopes (short medium and long range)[/li]
    [li]canteen[/li]
    [li]mess kit[/li]
    [li]holistic medical supplies and bandages[/li]
    [li]list of most wanted criminals and warrants[/li]
    [li]billfold of maps[/li]
    [li]other gear as needed[/li]

[i]=Weapons=[/i]
    [li]knuckle duster (brass knuckles)[/li]
    [li]bowie knife and other smaller knives[/li]
    [li]bullwhip[/li]
    [li]cavalry saber[/li]
    [li]3x .45 caliber 2 shot derringers[/li]
    [li]2x custom .45 cal. double action revolvers (Look-alike of Colt Single Action Army, beefier frames, 7 shot cylinder, top break action for quick reloads)[/li]
    [li]10 gauge lever-action short shotgun (coach gun)[/li]
    [li].30-06 caliber lever action rifle with scope[/li]

[u][b]
    Weaknesses:[/b][/u]
    While certainly a force to be reckoned with, this Lone Ranger is still human, and while it takes more oomph to put him down, he still can die by "normal" means.
    Also has shown a slight vulnerability to arcane magics in the past.

[u][b]Personality:[/b][/u]
    Sarcastic, pessimistic, loner, alcoholic and womanize

4. windu4

May 15, 2008
    Name: Sherlock Holmes
    Alias (???): Question, Q, or Sherlock
    Appearance: tall with black hair, has rather pointy nose and icy blue eyes
    Powers/Skills: Deductive adn Inductive reasoning, high IQ, great detective, perfect memory adn very observant
    Best Skill/ Power: Can remember anything that has every happened to him since he was 5, very observant (think monk or Psych), skilled fighter in the ancient style of Batsiu
    Gadgets: revolver, special mask that discerns all of his features, pm and or post picture later, walking stick with many tools in them sort of like a giant swiss army knife.
    Weaknesses: slight cocky and bossy, very disorganized
    Personality: mysterious and has an itch for an adventure. Q has been known to flaunt his abilities on occasion he is also always willing to go on an adventure

Bio: Sherlock Holmes was brought up in England. He was soon noticed for his genius and moved out of his parents household at 14. Sherlock met Mr. Watson at 22 and they opened their own detective shop together. Watson served as a sort of side-kick and the organized force by Holmes. Holmes current has his own detective shop opened on Baker Street. Holmes is known for his constant smoking and disorganization. Sherlock also has two arch enemies Mycroft Holmes his brother and Profressor James Moriarty

Name: Mr. Watson
    Alias (???): Watson
    Appearance: medium height and is of average build. He has brown hair and black eyes also has a neat,tidy mustache.
    Powers/Skills:
    Best Skill/ Power: very organized, a medical expert, has a very acute sense of smell and has a good grasp of medicines and drugs that are used.
    Gadgets: a small journal that he records all of his adventures and facts in, a revovler,
    Weaknesses: his doubt, he has worked for Holmes for awhile now but still goes by fact only he does not believe in unprovable speculation.
    Personality: Organized to a T, always respectful and reserved. very proper
    Bio/Background: Watson grew up in a complete home with his mother and father. He briefly served as a medic soldier in Afghanistan before he moved back to England. he met Holmes and decided to open a detective business with him.

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    CS Sheets **Approved**

Name: Mina Harker

Alias (???): Wilhelmina Murray

Appearance: Dark brown hair, green eyes, always wears a thick red scarf. 5'6" slim athletic build. (Hidden under layers of clothing.)

Powers/Skills: Powerful Intellect, mental skills

Best Skill/ Power: Her Mind, skills as a chemist

Gadgets: She is a teacher and a chemist. Chemist kit

Weaknesses: Mina has been a widow for years. Mina usually wears black, meaning that she is probably still mourning for him. She ALWAYS wears a red scarf, due to scars left on her neck, by her encounter long ago.

Personality: She longs for the thing that she as of yet been unable to have.

Bio/Background: Wilhelmina Murray was born in England some time in the mid 19th century. As an adult, she lived the life of school teacher, specializing in etiquette and decorum. She met a young barrister named Jonathan Harker and the two fell in love. By 1897 the two were engaged .

Jonathan took on a harrowing business trip to the mountains of Transylvania. He underwent a terrible ordeal in Dracula's clutches, and then was left to the tender mercies of Dracula's brides when the count departed for England. Escaping, he recuperated in a monastery, where Mina joined him after receiving word of his plight, and they were wed shortly after. Harker's encounter with a vampire named Dracula proved traumatic for Mina as well. Mina met Van Helsing while caring for Jonathan, and several brutal attacks. The experience haunted Mina and eventually took its toll on their marriage. He died not long after. After his death, she threw herself into her studies as a chemist.

6. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    I've got a total of 4 CS in accepted now...I will only be accepting two more.

darthramza's

Name: Doctor Heinrich Faust

Alias: Faustus, Faust

Appearance: Faust is a seemingly attractive man in his early 20s. His hair, goatee, and dress are charcoal black, and his eyes have a slightly sunken, dark quality that suggests a tremendous burden on his soul. His attire suggests a wealthy German aristocrat, with the usual frills and pockets and other trivialities.

Powers/Skills: Faust is extraordinarily intelligent, but otherwise has no powers of his own.

Best Skill/ Power: Faust's power, as mentioned above, is not his own. Instead, he has the devil Mephistopheles at his beck and call as the result of a deal wherein he sold the demon his very soul. As a result he can call upon the devil and his powers at any time, but it is highly draining on Faust's constitution, as he is not quite so young and healthy as he seems...

Gadgets: A rather nice pocket watch

Weaknesses: Ultimately, Faust is but a man, and like all men can die. Anything that affects ordinary people affects Faust, unless he calls upon Mephistopheles, although the devil will not intervene to save Faust's life. Furthermore, Faust cannot call upon Mephistopheles in a house of God.

Personality: Haunted, dark, moody, slight air of superiority

Bio/Background: Faust was a scholar living in Germany, who had learned all there was to know about philosophy, jurisprudence, medicine, and even, to his chagrin, theology. But still he longed for more, which, despite his diligence, was to no avail.

What Faust did not realize was that he was considered the favorite of God himself, and this intrigued the devil Mephistopheles, who wagered with the divine one that he could tempt the soul of even the diligent Doctor Faust. God accepted.

Thus it was not long before Mephistopheles appeared before Faust in the guise of a wandering scholar, who offered any service Faust could imagine for the rest of the man's life, in exchange for Faust's eternal servitude in Hell. Faust accepted.

Thanks to Mephistopheles, Faust was made to seem young, and found the love of the young woman, Gretchen. This led to a series of tragic events that Faust is, for the most part, mum about, but ultimately resulted in an outcome not even Faust could predict: Gretchen, despite her innocence, was condemned to the Abyss.

Since this bleak outcome, Faust has traveled the world, his perception gradually twisting under the influence of Mephistopheles, leaving him distant and pessimistic. He has accepted membership in the League as a last resort, considering it his last chance for a redemption he doesn't fully believe will come.

7. ActRaiser

ActRaiser Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2008
    GM Approved
    Name: Frankenstein
    Alias (???): Creature
    Appearance: Green skinned, over eight feet tall. Muscular.
    Powers/Skills: Superhuman strength, super healing
    Best Skill/ Power: Regeneration..Superhealing
    Gadgets:
    Weaknesses: Fire slows down his healing powers
    Personality: Repentant. It was a monster that killed hundreds of villagers. It seeks to become a much better person everyday.
    Bio/Background:
    Frankenstein was named after the scientist who made him. The scientist captured him and attempted to kill it with fire, but The Creature was too durable. The Creature killed Frankenstein, but he later found out, after long moments of contemplation, that he could think more clearly than before, and that he had stronger intellect. It had occured to him that Frankenstein was merely protecting the world from The Creature.

8. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    After Mister Master posts his CS...I'll allow for one more spot.

Then the game begins

9. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    GM approved.

Character Sheet

Name: Dr. Henry Jekyll
    Alias (???): Mr. Edward Hyde
    Appearance: [image=http://www.geekroar.com/film/archives/lxg_jekyll.jpg] [image=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3281/52823kn4.png]
    Powers/Skills: Science, resistant to injury ,super strength
    Best Skill/ Power: super strength
    Gadgets: Hyde potion
    Weaknesses: When he is in the form of Hyde he is like a totally different person, he lets his feelings take over, and he's not as smart while being Hyde.
    Personality: As Jekyll hes charming, kind, polite, a little arrogant, friendly, wants to do the right thing. As Hyde hes brutal, mean, secretive, mysterious, and lets his emotions get the best of him.

Bio/Background: A doctor who has covered up a secret life full of bad and cruel deeds. He feels as if he is always fighting within himself between what is good and what is evil and is pushing people dear to him far away. He is transformed into the cruel, remorseless, evil Mr. Hyde after drinking a potion of his own creation; Mr. Hyde is the evil side of Dr. Jekyll nature brought to the form. After drinking this potion he becomes a disliked, young man called Hyde. Dr. Jekyll has many friends and has a friendly personality. However, in the shoes of Hyde, he suddenly becomes mysterious and secretive.

10. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    Mine...then I'm waiting for one more person then we begin

Name: Tarzan

Alias (???): King of the Jungle, Viscount John Greyson

Appearance: A tall, tanned muscled man with rough, hawk like features on his face. His eyes are a steel grey, and his hair is loose and wild fashioned in a dreadlock like style with a short well groomed beard.

He usually wears a suit in the city, but once he gets the chance, he returns to wearing nothing but a loincloth made from a leapord?if that.

Powers/Skills:

- Above Ape level Strength, speed, stamina, durability, and agility: Being risen and reared by Gorillas his entire life and through manual labor, leisure and the overall life style of his ape companions have left him with abilities beyond the scope of normal humans and even beyond the level of stronger apes, and durability.

- Super Senses. He learned how to see, smell, hear, and feel like a Gorilla

- Animal speech, due to his years of being one with nature and having learned it from his Ape parents and fellow creatures of the Jungle. As long as the animal is of a ?higher variety? I.E not insects, he can speak to them. To be able to speak to them, is to have some level of trust with them?as ?real? humans can?t speak animal talk, and animals are usually trusting and cooperative

- Skilled fighter. Due to him being initially weaker physically than his gorilla brothers, he had to learn how to fight with his head. He only learned how to do this even better when English Gamesmen moved in his area to hunt.

- Weapons Master/ Marksmen: Ever since his ?Father? was killed by English Big Game Hunters, he has learned to wield the bow and Spear efficiently?to show them what a real hunter could do.

- Stealth: In order to hide from the Lions and other predators, when he was a young child, and hunt when he was older he had to learn to move quietly and how to hide in general.

- Acrobat: The Life style of an Ape required Tarzan to learn how to move through the dense forest tops of the Jungle with ease.

- Linguist: Can pick up languages quicker than even the brightest of people. In another life he might have made a greater speaker or writer.

- Survival skills. The man lived in the Jungle, with nothing but his bare hands for much his life, due to his training by Gorillas.

Best Skill: Animal Speech

Gadgets: Spear, Bow and arrows, Bowing knife

Weaknesses: Hates Civilization in all its forms. He hates it to the point where he will not allow himself to use most modern inventions, like guns, dynamite, poison, ect. He will only use his patent spear, knives, arrows and fists.

Though he can communicate with all animals, that doesn?t mean they have to like him. On the contrary, most wild predators unfamiliar with his skill will attack him thinking him to be on the same ?level? as them.

Though he has above Ape level prowess, he has the same Ape/human level frailties. Bullets can and will hurt him if they manage to hit him, though he has ability to survive multiple gunshot gun wounds...AKA small arms fire and still manage to fight on. If he has a limb cut off it won?t grow back. If he?s poisoned he?ll get sick and maybe die.

Personality: Brave, Generous, and virtuous. He highly admires nature?and generally he greatly despises human beings. He finds human society hypocritical and decadent at best. He no longs for the days at his homestead of Africa

Bio/Background:

Born to British Nobilty while on holiday, Tarzan would never get the chance to really know his true parents. Shortly after his birth, his Father?s ship sunk and they where marooned. Tarzan and his parents survived more by dumb luck then actual skill or finesse. Soon after arriving on the island and creating shelter his parents where starving. After Months of trying to signal and hold out for, some

11. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Lets get this thing started, we have all waited a bit and there is more than enough people for this to start. I will still be accepting CS, so do not fret.

IC: Tarzan

When Tarzan had entered the New Manchester Museum, after receiving the face to face invitation with an MI5 agent, he didn?t know what he had been expecting. He certainly didn?t expect to actually wind up in a museum that was for sure. The place was littered quite literally, with priceless heirlooms. From Di Vinci paintings, to the skeletal remains of large ancient dinosaurs. The floor was a milky white, that even in the darkness of night, shun like the sun. ?Such nostalgia for useless things? Tarzan thought bitterly. ? If they looked with this much enthusiasm to the future, they might be able to make it to a half decent place to live in. Instead they spend their money and time for a escape rather than a solution.?

As he looked around Tarzan saw both a lot of potential and sin. Half the people where remorseless killers, like Dr. Jekyll, the other half where the type of people he was actually told to expect. He cocked an eyebrow when he saw Sherlock Holmes. The famous, ingenious detective from Baker Street. It was amazing to see a figure in person, even for someone as down to Earth as Tarzan. The man was in the newspapers more than the Prime Minster or the President back in America.

?You fine men and women are here because of your superior breeding, intellect and skills. You of course do not need to take my word for it, you just need to go to the streets and take any thug or slob off the street and ask them if they know you. Unless they have lived under a rock for the past 20 odd years, I doubt they haven?t at one time or another. But you would be coincided to think to think you are the only people in the world to possess and inherit such refined skills. There might only be a room full of you, but many of you have such chaotic schedules and horrible manners it?s just hard tracking you down and making you agree to come here. Mankind once again needs your help, though this time it?s a crisis beyond that in witch a single person among you will suffice, this will need all your talents and cooperation. Welcome to a fraternity that has aided mankind for centuries. Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

This is not the first time the league has been assembled. Nor will it be the last. Mankind will always need to use the tools witch we call heroes. I?m afraid its your lot in life. Though it?s a most honorable and prestigious lot at that though. No need to be modest, introduce yourselves to your fellow league members.?
    The man called M spoke from the long foreboding shadows, of the large Museum.

?Many of you know me as Tarzan?King of the Jungle. One of the things I hated most about what The London Times wrote about me was that I was some type of crude beast who could barley speak, and had a infantile intellect. While I might not be the smartest man in the world, those articles where just insulting, to say the least. The reasons I?m here are far from selfless, but I will try my best to make sure that each mission is a success and that we all make it out alive. It will be an honor working with most of you.? Tarzan said flatly.

TAG: ALL

12. windu4

May 15, 2008
    OOC Can we have more than one character?

IC

Sherlock cleared his throat slightly as he stepped up. Watson right beside him.

"Why greetings Tarzan," Sherlock said simply with a flash of a smile. "I am dissapointed I was hoping I would see you in a loincloth." There was a slight chuckle through the room. "But it is just as satisfying when you are wearing it under your suit."

Another chuckle went through the room Sherlock slowly walked across the room pulling his pipe out of his pocket he lit it and took a slow drag. "Most of you know me I am Sherlock Holmes the detective on Baker Street. I am not as unlikable as Dr. Jekyll. Tarzan, please realize that though this man has the propensity to become a murderous monster doesn't men that he is evil as a great scientist. I hope to add a great addition to this team." Sherlock sat down dragging on his pipe.

Watson stood up and merely said. "I'm Watson and partner of Sherlock." Than he sat down.

Tag All

13. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Yep, two's the Max I'll allow though. Your NPC of Wattson won't count

14. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    The Creature
    "You may call me Frankenstein." The Creature said. "I am a great warrior, and I hope to redeem myself for the massacre of villagers one day."(Sorry, I havne't actually read the book.. I accidently gave a false impression.)"However, this League is my best hope for redemption. I can fight an entire small army. However, my power aside, it is a pleasure to meet you all. England has been an odd place to visit, and I struggle with this language of yours."

Tag All

15. windu4

May 15, 2008
    IC

Sherlock glanced at Frankestein. Frankly he did not trust the gentlemen but he kept his thoughts to himself. He knew he was repentant but he believed that a monster would always return to the roots. His desire to maime and kill.

Sherlock slowly pulled out a small lighter and flicked it on and off staring steadily at Frankenstein.

Tag All

16. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    The Creature stared at the light."I've moved from terror to fascination with flame for now, Mr. Holmes. Its going to take a much bigger fire than that to frighten me."

Tag Holmes

17. windu4

May 15, 2008
    IC

"My dear murderous friend." Sherlock leaned forward slowly. "I am far from stupid I know exactly what can take you down. I am not silly a enough to put such a small flame in your face. Of course I know you have to use a much bigger flame. The purpose of me showing you the light was to let you know that there is a lot more than that came from."

Watson watched cautiously as he poured himself and Sherlock a cup of scotch. Sherlock slowly picked up a cup than poured himself another one. HE lit one cup of scotch on fire and smiled at Frankenstein.

"Those skeletons over there, yes that large display was coated with gasolene I'd say 20 years ago so that they would look more authentic. All I have to do is toss this scotch onto the skeletons and this whole place will go in flames. Not only would you be frighten Frankenstein." He tossed the liqour back down his throat. "You would also be dead."

Tag all

18. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    "Dr. Frankenstein, my namesake tried a furnace for me.... That didn't turn out so well."
    Tag Holmes

19. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Dr. Jekyll silently listened to the conversation between Sherlock Holmes and Frankenstein. If Sherlock was going to give this much trouble to Frankenstein, then how much trouble was he going to receive. He and Hyde weren't the most popular people in the room. Yet everyone knew who he was.

Deciding to get it over with, Dr. Jekyll stood up and introduced himself. "Hello, I am Dr. Jekyll. I'm sure some of you know me as Mr. Hyde. You won't be able to meet him till later. I will tell you that he is very disappointed that he can't meet you now. I just have one request to make of you all. When you address me or Hyde, address as the form we are in. So in my form please I would like you to call me Henry, or Dr. Jekyll. That is all." Henry sat down in a chair and waited for the rest of the group to introduce themselves.

Tag: everyone

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Faust

Faust sat in his chair, eyeing each of the speakers one at a time, sizing them up. He was impressed with the ape-man, noted the famous detective, sensed something of a kindred spirit in the Creature and the Doctor, and decided that it was, ultimately, his time to talk.

"My name," he began, stepping to his feet, hands still in his pockets. "Is Faust. Doctor Heinrich Faust. You may address me as either Faust or Faustus, as you prefer. I have only one ability, which I will not describe at any length for the time being, if you will allow me the privilege. Only know that I think I can be of some use to the group. I hope to use this opportunity to atone for the very thing which gives me my ability, so, again, I am afraid I must be rather vague for the time being."

He sat back down, glancing at the others to try and gage their reaction.

[b]TAG:[/b] All

21. windu4

May 15, 2008
    IC

"Demons," Sherlock murmurred. "It seems to me that you control a demon. It would take me a while to explain how I know this Mr. Faust, how exactly did you gain control over such abilities Dr. Faust?"

"Excuse me?" Faust asked slowly.

22. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Reminder No God modding Windu

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: Brilliant deduction, Holmes! However, that's not quite how Faust is going to react.

IC: Faust

Faust gave the detective a long stare, as if his gazing was boring through the man. Then he let out a chuckle. "I see your reputation is well-warranted, Mr. Holmes," he replied, pulling his hands out of his pockets and applauding slightly in polite defeat. "I should have known better than to try and keep my secrets from you."

Sighing, he pulled out his pocket watch and eyed the hands with a slight grimace. "Your deduction is correct, I can, in fact, summon a demon. [i]The[/i] demon, as it were: The devil himself. It's part of our... rather unique bargain." He stuffed the watch back in his pocket. "You can always get one of your own, if you like," he continued, folding his hands and placing his elbows on his knees, covering the lower half of his face. "It'll only cost you your soul."

[b]TAG:[/b] Holmes

24. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Tarzan

?We all seem to bite off more than we can chew?but the Devil? The very name itself implies that your getting more than you bargained for. Why would you do it?? Tarzan asked in an astonished tone. While he had been standing irritably, feeling confined and trapped in his tan suit, he now relaxed his muscles and let his body grow slack. He cared more about this than his fabric cage. His face rose to where M?s voice bellowed from, at the marble staircase, that was for ?Authorized Personal Only?

?The other important question is, how did MI5 figure it out?? Tarzan asked to the figure imbedded in the darkness. Tarzan could have sworn he saw a grim skull like grin look back at him from the darkness.

?Holmes isn?t the only sleuth in this world you know. We actually received word of his ?deal? from another inspector. In my personal opinion he is just as talented as our dear Holmes, and he?s an American no less. Inspector C. Auguste Dupin was on your case when we asked you to join Faust. If he had his way you would have been arrested for Blasphemy and a half a dozen other petty offenses. Such a waste two.? M said now revealing, the oddest of things, a thick French accent.

TAG: Holmes

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker

Mina smoothed down the folds of her Victorian dress. Decor was to be most proper. After Especially today. After all, she had received a most curious message. At first, she thought it was to be addressed to her poor husband, and was surprised to find that indeed, the letter was addressed to her. Even more so, when she had read the contents of such a letter. So it was with curiosity, and a bit of trepidation, that she packed her clothing and equipment, and prepared herself for this meeting.

England. She had not been back in such a long time. It was full of painful memories. It almost seemed as if nothing at all had changed, but indeed, it had. She made her way to the place the meeting was to be held, and entered the building...

Now, a few hours later, she sat quietly in a room staring at the company around her quietly. A solitary figure, spoke from the shadows.

"You fine men and women are here because of your superior breeding, intellect and skills. You of course do not need to take my word for it, you just need to go to the streets and take any thug or slob off the street and ask them if they know you. Unless they have lived under a rock for the past 20 odd years, I doubt they haven't at one time or another. But you would be coincided to think to think you are the only people in the world to possess and inherit such refined skills. There might only be a room full of you, but many of you have such chaotic schedules and horrible manners it's just hard tracking you down and making you agree to come here. Mankind once again needs your help, though this time it's a crisis beyond that in witch a single person among you will suffice, this will need all your talents and cooperation. Welcome to a fraternity that has aided mankind for centuries. Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

This is not the first time the league has been assembled. Nor will it be the last. Mankind will always need to use the tools witch we call heroes. I'm afraid its your lot in life. Though it's a most honorable and prestigious lot at that though. No need to be modest, introduce yourselves to your fellow league members."

The one, who had introduced himself as Tarzan, was surprisingly quite well behaved, compared to what was written about him in the papers. What was more suprising was the man, who called himself Sherlock Holmes. She had always heard, that thought he might be a bit unpolished, he was a great mind. What she saw in front of her was downright RUDE.

Her nose warned her, before she turned to notice the next member. Her eyes flickered wide for a moment, and then smiled. So, the legends WERE true. She almost chuckled. It was amazing how often they did, than did not. Then Mr. Holmes turned towards Frankenstein, and made it WELL know that he did not like the man, even going so far as to know ways of building a bigger fire. He opinion of the bigoted man fell quickly. That was not the man she had thought he was.

Doctor Jekyll, or Henry, as he called himself, seemed polite enough, and thankfully, no other words from Mr. Holmes. Next another man stood, introducing himself as Doctor Heinrich Faust. The name called no memory to her. He seemed to be full of mystery, but of course, Mr. Holmes seemed to know instantly why.

"Demons," Sherlock murmured. "It seems to me that you control a demon. It would take me a while to explain how I know this Mr. Faust, how exactly did you gain control over such abilities Dr. Faust?"

Faust gave the detective a long stare, as if his gazing was boring through the man. Then he let out a chuckle. "I see your reputation is well-warranted, Mr. Holmes," he replied, pulling his hands out of his pockets and applauding slightly in polite defeat. "I should have known better than to try and keep my secrets from you."

Sighing, he pulled out his pocket watch and eyed the hands with a slight grimace. "Your deduction is correct, I can, in fact, summon a demon. The demon, as it were: The devil himself. It's part of our... rather unique bargain."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.