main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Legacy -- Vader discovers Leia is his child: Drama, AU, Seven years post RoTS: Updated: 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelli_LB, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Title: "The Legacy"
    Author: Kelli_LB
    Timeframe: Seven years post RoTS
    Characters: Leia, Vader, Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Breha Organa
    Genre: Angst, Drama, AU
    Summary: What if Vader discovered Leia to be his daughter when she was a child? How would she have handled the transition? How would her life have changed?
    Disclaimer: I own nothing, Lucas owns everything; I'm just playing with his creations. I promise I'll put them back where they belong when I'm finished.
    Notes: While trying to write another chapter of another story, this plot bunny attacked and would not let go until I wrote this. It was originally going to be a vignette, but I decided to turn it into a full fic. Let's see if I can do two stories at a time.

Chapter 1:

Vader rarely slept anymore. True, he utilized certain types of meditation techniques while in his hypobaric chamber to invigorate his physical body, but true sleep was elusive, and dangerous. He was mindful of the lesson of Darth Plagueis; those with power should never sleep.

His time in his chamber was never spent idly. While the electronic components of his suit were being serviced by droids, Vader read reports and reviewed fleet movements. While he was looking over a report detailing an increase in pirate activity in the Outer Rim, the hesitant voice of Devastator's captain suddenly filled the small room, "Lord Vader, a communication is coming in for you."

"Patch it down here." The Sith turned toward his display screen and activated it. It was from one of the many covert Imperial agents scattered throughout the galaxy, this particular one was stationed in Aldera Palace on Alderaan. Bail Organa had long been suspected to be disloyal. An agent had been placed in the palace three years ago and until now, had never reported anything. For the sake of keeping their cover, the agents only reported when something was discovered.

"What is it?" Vader demanded.

The informant looked around nervously before peering back into the view screen on his end. "I do not have much time before I am discovered. I will be brief, My Lord. As per my instructions, I have been collecting DNA samples of those living in the palace."

One of the duties of the covert Imperial agents was to collect DNA samples of those whom they were monitoring to be included in a massive genetic database the Emperor had commission two years prior. No one but those in the highest levels of the Empire knew about it, and even Vader was not certain as to its purpose. All genetic information was gathered covertly, usually through medical center records. Vader was angry that he had been interrupted for something so trivial. "Why is this important?"

The nervous agent began explaining. "My Lord, it would not have been an issue until I began searching for the genetic information of Leia Organa, the High Princess of Alderaan. There wasn't any information to be found. The Organas had her genetic information erased from all medical records, or it was never included in the first place. Seeing as how I'm in the palace itself, it was not too difficult to secure a DNA sample from one of her hairs. I had that genetic data analyzed and I found that Leia Organa is not the biological child of Bail and Breha Organa."

To say that Vader was annoyed would have been an understatement. If this agent was not light years away, the Sith would have killed him immediately for wasting his time. "I ask again, why is this important?"

Knowing his life was on the line, the agent spoke quickly, hoping to diffuse Vader's anger. "I had the princess' genetic data matched with information we already have. The only match that came up was from the old Republic Senate medical data. Princess Leia is the biological daughter of Senator Amidala of Naboo."

Emotions that Vader believed he had left behind on the shores of Mustafar surged within him again upon hearing that name, the name of the woman he loved beyond reason--the woman he gave up everything for. PadmÃ?Æ?Ã?©! "Are you certain of this?"

"Yes, Lord Vader, I ran the test multiple times, they all came

AnnaKenobi and MariaKeira like this.
  2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Cool PM's please

3. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    ACK!!!! :eek: Kelli! What a story you have goinng on here - you didn't waste any time getting right into the heart of it.

Poor Bail... poor Leia. Oh man, this is not going to end well, is it?

I CANNOT wait to see what's going to happen. Definitely put me on the PM list for this one!!!

4. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    =D= Nice work, I look forward to reading more.

5. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Impressive. Most impressive. I think you hit Vader's character PERFECT. Only comment is why an intelligence agent would tell Vader about a senator's DNA matching with Bail's. No one had any idea who Vader was. To me it would have been more believable if Vader had found it in a report. But regardless, awesome story so far!

6. darthzeppo

darthzeppo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 21, 2005
    love it!

put me on the PM list please

7. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    G__Anakin: Thank you, consider yourself added.

VA_Parky:

What a story you have goinng on here - you didn't waste any time getting right into the heart of it.

LOL, yeah I just jumped right, didn't I? This story is going to be much shorter than Dissent Rising, I didn't want to waste much time.

Poor Bail... poor Leia. Oh man, this is not going to end well, is it?

Maybe, maybe not. ;) Thank you, consider yourself added.

LordVader66:

Impressive. Most impressive. I think you hit Vader's character PERFECT.

Thank you, writing Vader is not the easiest for me. About the DNA matching, later, I will go into the reasons why the agent reported it.

darthzeppo: Thank you, you're added.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    EEEK! I can't wait! Please put me on your PM list! :D

Before he could utter another word, the Sith reached out his hand and began strangling the senator with the Force. "I am here for my daughter. Where is she?"

Organa's eyes widened and a look of unimaginable pain was on his face; pain that had nothing to do with the choking his was experiencing. With a crude use of the Force, Vader violently probed his mind until he found what he was looking for, confirmation of the Imperial agent's claim. The girl that Organa was raising was his child, and the senator knew it. The Dark Lord released his hold and the man fell to the floor. He would not be granted death so easily.

Vader gave orders to the stormtroopers surrounding him. "Take him and the Queen into custody. I will search for the princess personally."

With the soldiers securing the palace, Vader let himself enter deeply into a form of meditation. It did not take long before he located a strong presence in the Force nearby; it had to be the girl. Vader began to walk purposefully toward the presence knowing he would soon see his and Padmé's daughter.

Uh oh... [face_worried] Things are going to get nasty! I can't wait. ;)

9. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Oh dear! That was...awesome! Such a wonderful idea, and I love the way you write. The text is so enjoyable to read.

Excellent beginning. Is it possible to PM when you update this? :D

10. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    I agree, excellent beginning!

Please pm me updates :D

11. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Along with V/P fics, I love Vader and Leia fics. So, I love this! What a great start you have here. Vader knows Leia is his daughter and is going to get her. Oh, the possibilities you have with this. Please add me to the PM list.

12. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Wow, so good, can't wait to read the next part. Please may I be added to the pm list?

13. Starwen_Skywalker

Starwen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Wow, great start to your story. I love how you got into the action right away, and your characterization of Vader is perfect. Can't wait to read more. Please add me to your PM list :)

14. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    VaderLVR64:

Uh oh...Things are going to get nasty! I can't wait.

Yeah, it is going to get pretty bad for a while, especially for Bail. I'm glad you like it so far. You're added to the PM list.

Darth_Father-in-law:

Oh dear! That was...awesome! Such a wonderful idea, and I love the way you write. The text is so enjoyable to read.

[face_blush] Thank you for the compliment, I'm glad you like it. You are added to the PM list.

DarthVaderette: Thank you, I hope you like the rest of it. You are added to the PM list.

Daenarrah:

Along with V/P fics, I love Vader and Leia fics.

I do too.

Vader knows Leia is his daughter and is going to get her. Oh, the possibilities you have with this.

It's not going to be pretty, that's for certain. Leia is in a very bad situation, and will be for a while. Thank you for replying, you are added to the PM list.

kennyboy: Thank you for replying, I'm glad you like it. You are added to the PM list.

Starwen_Skywalker:

Wow, great start to your story. I love how you got into the action right away, and your characterization of Vader is perfect.

Yes, there is not much in the way of preliminaries in this fic. I didn't want to drag out the inevitable. I'm glad you liked my characterization of Vader, he's not the easiest for me to write. You are added to the PM list.

15. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Wow. Another cracking story from Kelli!=D= Can I get a PM please[face_praying]

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - what an amazing beginning!

Poor Bail and Breha are going to pay a stiff price for taking Leia in.

I just hope Vader is at least kind to her.

Can you please add me to your PM list? [face_praying] [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    cdmcc: Consider yourself added. Thank you for commenting, I hope that you like the next part.

KELIA:

Poor Bail and Breha are going to pay a stiff price for taking Leia in.

Oh yeah, especially Bail. I'm afraid this is not going to be a very happy story for him.

I just hope Vader is at least kind to her.

Vader and Leia will have a complicated relationship. The fact that she is the daughter of Padmé will help her in dealing with her father.

You are added to the PM list.

18. MasterTywalker

MasterTywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Oh baby, pm me on the updates, don't keep me waiting!!!

19. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    MasterTywalker:

Oh baby, pm me on the updates, don't keep me waiting!!!

Expect a new post sometimes this weekend, hopefully. I have the chapter outlined, but not officially written. You are added to the PM list. Thank you for reading and replying.

20. Robo_Jesus

Robo_Jesus Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2006
    Wait...

So Vader is going to use a massive amount of force that is sure to draw the Emperors attention, so that Vader can reclaim his daughter, which is going to bring massive amount of attention on Leia, even though it gives the Emperor another form of control over Vader?

I think you're going to need to deal with this plot-hole.

21. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Exciting story, Kelli. Little Leia will be quite the opponent to Vader's supposed strength and will. Awesome start! Sign me up!

22. musingmiyu

musingmiyu Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2006
    Wow... this has such an intruginig start! I've always wondered what will happen if Vader found Leia first. Wonderfully written as well. :)

Sign me up for updates! Can't wait for the next chapter.

23. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    Robo_Jesus: Vader was hasty, and yes, what he did will cause him problems. These things will be addressed in future chapters. Thank you for reading and commenting. :)

Luna_Nightshade: Leia will definately change Vader's life, in ways he could never imagine. You are added to the PM list.

musingmiyu: Thank you for reading, I'm glad you like it so far. I have added you to the PM list.

[i]Author's Note: I just want to thank everyone for taking the time to read. I am overwhelled by the responses, I never expected it to get this much attention. I hope you like what the rest of the story has in store.[/i]

[b][i]Chapter 2:[/i][/b]

The sound of an alarm woke the princess up from her sleep. The frightened girl had no idea what to do. It was not the fire alarm or anything else she had heard before in her short life. Something was wrong; something horrible was happening.

Before Leia could process what was occurring, she heard the sound of several people entering her large bedroom suite. She did not know if she should hide or stay where she was. Leia was relieved when she saw it was palace security. "Princess Leia, you need to come with us."

"What happened? Where are Mother and Father?" Leia cried.

One of the security team picked up the frightened girl. There was no time to explain, they had to get to a safe area quickly. "We need to go Princess."

The team quickly ran down the winding corridors of Aldera palace and entered an area Leia had never seen. She had thought she had explored all areas of the massive palace, but this place was unfamiliar. Unlike the rest of her home, this area was not ornately decorated. It was utilitarian and cold; nothing here was aesthetically pleasing.

The room was in chaos, people were running around talking so fast that Leia could not understand them. Suddenly, above the loud chattering, the princess heard a very welcome voice. "Leia, thank the Maker you're here." Leia began crying again as she saw her mother run to her. The officer who was carrying her put her down and immediately Leia was enveloped in a hug.

Leia could not speak for a few minutes, she just cried as her mother clung to her tightly. After a few moments, Leia looked at her mother's face and saw that she had been weeping as well. It surprised the princess very much; she did not remember ever seeing her cry. "Mother, what's going on?"

"My precious one, I love you very much, please don't ever forget."

Leia wondered why her mother was acting so strange. "What's wrong?"

"Just promise me you'll never forget." Leia was surprised by the sudden intensity. "Please, Little One, remember that you will always be loved."

"I won't forget Mother, I love you too." Despite the alarms, being taken to the unfamiliar room, and the general palace chaos, the most frightening thing Leia experienced until then was the look in her mother's eyes.

A security officer reluctantly intruded in the solemn moment between mother and daughter. "My Queen, I suggest you and the princess move to a more secure room. If anything comes through that door, we'll be less able to protect you if you are out in the open." He knew what was as stake, and would die to protect them.

Not looking away from Leia's face, the queen agreed, "of course." Breha grabbed her daughter's hand. "Let's go, Little One, we need to hide."

As Leia was being led quickly into another unfamiliar room, Leia still did not know what was going on. In her seven years, she had never seen anything like this. Two security officers remained in the room with the queen and princess, the rest of them stayed outside to guard the entryway. Leia asked again what was on her mind. "What is going on? Where is Father?"

Breha wiped her tears, "he's doing important work in another part of the palace. He'll be fine." Even at such a young age, Leia knew her mother was lying.

Suddenly, a loud crash was heard. Leia jumped into her mother's arms and the queen moved further away from the door. "Be brave Leia; no matter how bad th

24. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Brilliant, just brilliant. Poor Bail and Breha. Thanks for the pm, looking forward to more.

25. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    i think i'm living in a dream world, Kelli. i remember myself commenting on your other story and saying how much i wished that the story was AU and that Vader would find out Leia was his daughter and here we are! Vader has found out Leia is his daughter! :D

wonderful and very exciting start. i don't see any hope for Bail either but, oh gosh, i'm still desperately wishing that he won't be killed! :(

please add me to the PM list! great stuff you have going on. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.