main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Legacy -- Vader discovers Leia is his child: Drama, AU, Seven years post RoTS: Updated: 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelli_LB, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I got to read most of this update earlier, but it took me a while to come back and finish it. Stupid real life. :mad: Anyway, it was worth the wait for this update. And you can't wrangle the muse when she doesn't want to be wrangled! :p

Obi-Wan heard an audible sigh of relief from Luke when the ship touched down on solid ground. Turning to the boy, he gave him relieved grin, "Another happy landing." As soon as he spoke the words, another surge of memory flooded the Jedi's mind of the last time that he and Anakin shared a laugh--the last time they were truly brothers. The conclusion of the mission to rescue Palpatine from Count Dooku marked the end of their brotherhood, but neither he nor Anakin knew it at the time. Please, not now, I can't afford this now.

"Wow, I didn't know you were such a good pilot!" Luke exclaimed. "I thought you hated flying."

Obi-Wan could not help but laugh. "When the Force is with you, young Skywalker, nothing is impossible." Immediately, the Jedi felt a familiar presence approaching the ship, one that had always been a steadying influence in his life and was so greatly missed. Master Yoda was coming to greet them.

Really loved this passage. =D=

2. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    Wow, this is incredible! =D= =D= Malix and Terik are two very interesting characters, I wonder what's really going on in their minds. [face_thinking]
    And Vader [face_worried] I hope Qui-Gon's ghost can prevent a fatal confrontation between him and Obi-Wan!

Can I be added to the PM list? :D

3. AniriRevan

AniriRevan Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2006
    Up! Great story! I hope you're ok and you're gonna update soon.

4. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    All I can say is wow! I just found this a couple of weeks ago, and have finally gotten this far. Your charaterzations are wonderful, I can't wait to see what happens. Will Vadey kill paply and turn to the light? will leia strike them both down and become empress? Will Obi resuce Leia? and what about Lukie and Siri?..... Thorny situation... very thorny.... Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Oh yeah!

Up!

5. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh, poor Leia... although it's good to see that Vader cares about her in some way. Even if he expresses it by murdering his subordinates. I think he needs a hug...

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next. I hope the twins will be okay!!

6. Taeniaea

Taeniaea Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2007
    Very Very Cool Story plz add me to the pmlist

7. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    ohhhhh I was Expecting an update![face_frustrated] I've been a lurker for a looong time...You have skills dear Kelli!@};- Please update soon and PM me when you do so!

8. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    This story is superb. I only hope it hasn't been abandoned, it's really quite a piece...

My favorite SW character is Darth Vader, and I am equal parts pleased and frustrated by him in this story. Which is a good thing. He is an EXTREMELY aggravating character, possibly the most self-deluded in SW. Qui-Gon and his conversations are hilarious and poignant...I can't help but think about the scene in TPM novelization where Anakin gets in a fight with young Greedo because he accused him of cheating. Qui-Gon breaks up the fight by pointing out that attacking the kid didn't change his views to Ani. I love that he's still, in spite of everything, trying to impart that lesson.

Obi-Wan's angst and guilt over Anakin is also amazingly well-done. God, these two have the most dysfunctional relationship in the galaxy.

Your Vader and Leia REALLY, REALLY make me pray for a redemptive storyline, but Palps just keeps reeling them both back in...

Also, I find the storyline on Alderaan to be really intriguing, too. And I usually don't care at all about the Organas in fics.

All in all, great story--I'd love to be put on the PM list.

9. JediCam-Ron

JediCam-Ron Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2007
    Greetings! I thorougly enjoyed this story as well. I do sincerely hope it continues.
    Thank you!![face_peace]

10. ihawk

ihawk Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2010
    This is an incredible story. I know it has been some time since the last post, any chance of this continuing?

Thanks!:cool:

11. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    It's been a while, but to anyone who is still reading, I promise that I will have a new chapter up soon. I am nearly finished with it. Thank you to all who have stuck with me.

LittleMissNightsaber: Vader can't do anything like a normal father. At this point in his life he can't love her. He is attached to her, and very protective, but he's too damaged for love.

geno:

Leia trusts herself and that about it at the moment it seems, which is actually a good thing though the training from both Vader and Sidious is going to make life much more interesting for her I'm sure.

Leia is becoming more powerful every day. The training she is getting from both Sith Lords is turning her into a formidable warrior, even at a young age. She knows she can't trust Sidious, but she's not saying no to his training.

Sara_Kenobi: Leia knows she can't trust anyone around her, and that's making her feel even more isolated. Sidious is using her as a weapon against Vader and Vader is planning on using her as a weapon against Sidious when she comes of age. There is no one around her that is looking out for her best interest, even though Vader thinks that he is. Leia knows she's alone.

Kynstar: Yes, everyone loves Yoda. I have full confidence in his ability to care for her. :)

skypadme94: He's going to get to a point soon where Vader is going to have to make a choice. Is he going to be a proper father, or is he going to be a Sith lord.

imperial_Warlord5:

just a thought but what would Leia, sith name be

I sure hope that it doesn't get to that point. Let's hope for Leia's, and the galaxy's sake, that things change before she gets a Sith name.

AzureAngel2: Yoda will be good for Luke, there is much the he can teach him.

Darth_Nellie:

Interesting to see that Leia still has memories of her life with the Organas and still has enough self-awareness to be suspicious of dear old dad and wrinkle chops.

She still remembers her life with the Organas, but over time she will get even more disconnected from those memories. About her suspicions, Leia may be young but she's not stupid. Even though she mistrusts her father, she is still mindful of the warnings he gave her about Sidious.

You are added to the PM list.

KELIA: Thank you for your comments. Leia has been put in a terrible position and it's tearing her apart.

ROTSFan:

I'm not liking this Doran guy too much...wishing for Leia's assassination and trying to go toe to toe with the Empire's dirty tactics doesn't exactly differentiate him much from that which he's fighting.

You are going to learn more about Doran and his motivations in this next chapter. He's definitely not the idealistic heroic type.

epithree:

Your writing style never fails to amaze.

Ah, thank you so much. :)

Leia's meditation and conversation with Vader were both captivating. The yellow eyes and pale skin idea was perfectly eerie. That poor girl needs Obi-Wan!

I completely agree, she really needs Obi-Wan.

Jedi_Liz: I can't believe it's been so long since I've began. I really hoped to have finished by now but life got in the way.

I wish Vader would just take his daughter away from Coruscant....The Emperor is more dangerous

I agree, if Leia only choice of mentor is between Vader and Sidious, I would choose Vader any day.

VaderLVR64:

Anyway, it was worth the wait for this update. And you can't wrangle the muse when she doesn't want to be wrangled!

Thank you for the kind words.

KithuraVess:

Malix and Terik are two very interesting characters, I wonder what's really going on in their minds.

Thank you. Even though Malix is crazy and evil, I really like writing him. During the passages where I have to tell what he's thinking, I have to get in kind of a dark state of mind myself. About Terik, it will be a few chapters before you see him again.

AniriRevan: Yes, I will be updating soon. I'm so sorry it's been so long.

PadmeSolo0

12. Lord_Redav

Lord_Redav Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Ok, I'm still a little behind on the reading, but I thought I'll post a reply to let you that you've got one more fan following this fic. It was great, but as someone who knows what it means to live under a dictatorship, I believe the Empire doesn't seem to show enough control over its minions. The governor of Alderaan reads everything the Emperor ever wrote and expects the citizens of Alderaan to memorise them, that reminds me of old Mao. But remember a good dictator doesn't do this because he loves himself, but to give his people something to do besides thinking about the injustice. DRL for me includes memorising a 700-page book preaching Marxism and the Communist Party or find something else to do besides graduate school. But since this is Star Wars and the good guys always win one way or another, there's no need to get into details about angst things.

Anyway, I guess I just needed to vent out my anger. Loved the posts, and I intend to follow it to the end, if there's a pm list, I would be quite grateful if you add me

13. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Author Note: I began this fic years ago, life and writer's block hit me and I was unable to finish it. I've decided to finish it. Since it's been so long since I last updated, I'm not going to notify the PM list I had before, mainly because many of them might not even be active users anymore. If you used to be on the PM list, and for some reason remember this monstrosity of a fanfic ;), and want to be notified on future chapters, let me know and I'll put you on it. For new readers, thank you for giving this fic a chance, I hope you like it.

Chapter 30:

In his career Doran Melkor had visited hundreds of planets. Some were breathtaking, and some were little more than chunks of rock. Even on those desolate and dying worlds, Doran could find something he liked about them - some form of beauty, even if it was hidden. One such world he visited a little over a year ago. It was not even a planet at all; it was a moon that orbited around a gas giant. For nearly a thousand years it had served as a safe haven for refugees and those fleeing repressive governments in the outer rim. Because the moon could not support life, the inhabitants lived in underground bases that shielded them from the solar radiation and from the eyes of pirates and unfriendly governments. Only a few knew of the settlement's existence.

Even though they lived in very sparse accommodations, those that called the moon home were friendly and very generous. They were also fiercely independent and hated tyranny. Doran had gone there on behalf of the rebellion to ask for assistance. They hated the Empire as much as he did and were glad to help. Because their resources were limited they could only offer a safe haven for a few should it become necessary.

While he was there Doran could not help but draw comparisons between the hidden lunar settlement and his current home. Naboo was considered by many as the crowning jewel of the civilized galaxy. The planet was breathtaking. For most of the humans in the galaxy it was considered perfection. Doran Melkor was not one of them.

If he had to sum up the people of Naboo in one word, Doran supposed the word "content" described them the best. They were content with the peace and tranquility that their planet offered, so much so that the majority of them accepted the rise of Palpatine to Emperor with few complaints. The senator turned chancellor was one of Naboo's favorite native sons. When he announced that he would be reorganizing the Republic into the Empire, there were many concerns from the Naboo people, but most convinced themselves that Palpatine would give up his power once the crisis was over. They reasoned that since he had grown up on Naboo that he shared in the planet's much vaunted belief in democracy.

It sickened Doran to think that even after nine years many citizens of Naboo still believed that the Emperor had the galaxy's best interests at heart. They still thought that he would soon give up his power and return democracy. Until that day, they were content to wait in their beautiful homes on their paradise of a planet while what little freedom that remained was quickly being burned away by the fires of tyranny. All of his life he had heard about the Naboo's love for freedom and democracy, but since the rise of the Empire he had seen very little of it. They still talked about it, but did very little.

A sudden jolt interrupted his musings. The transport had finally landed after a one hour delay while the ship was boarded by Imperial officials. At first Doran thought that his activities had been discovered and that he was being apprehended. He had even covertly prepared the tiny capsule of drugs he kept with him at all times for such an occurrence. If he were captured, the capsule would ensure that the Imperial interrogators would only find a corpse in his cell by the time they got to him. But in the end it was not necessary. The troopers went right passed his seat and arrested a young woman four rows down. After the troopers left another passenger told him that the

MariaKeira likes this.
  14. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well glad to see this story updated and that you plan to finish it.

Now things are going to be interesting with regards to Luke and Siri living with Yoda.

Obi-wan is got his work cut out for himself.

That said I noticed this typo or whatever She was at peace.nObi-Wan suspected that Luke was responsible;

You can re-add me to the pm list, keep up the good work and I look forward to more

15. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Hooray! Please re-add me to your PM list. I'll have to go back and re-read the story again, but am looking forward to it :D

16. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Welcome back to the story! I loved seeing Threepio and Artoo in their new roles, though I'm not entirely sure I trust the father character. He seems... bothered by something, and unable to shake it. I loved seeing Obi-Wan and Yoda together with Luke and Siri. I might have to review the story some, but please feel free to pm me again!

17. AniriRevan

AniriRevan Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2006
    I'm so glad you're updating this![face_dancing] It was worth the wait! I can't wait to see how it ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.