main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Legacy -- Vader discovers Leia is his child: Drama, AU, Seven years post RoTS: Updated: 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelli_LB, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Holy smokes! And I thought the previous chapter was angsty!! Oh, but this was absolutely beautiful, Kelli! You did such a good job writing Breha - I was sympathizing with her so much that I had tears in my OWN eyes.

I think the part that got to me the most was when she was walking around her private quarters, finding things that had belonged to Bail and Leia. I would think that would be the toughest part of losing someone so close to you. You'd want to keep their things around for comfort, but at the same time - the sight would bring such pain that you'd also want to be rid of everything. *sniffle* How awful!

This was such a lovely update. You should be quite proud of yourself!!! =D= =D=

Thanks for the PM! It's a privilege to read this wonderful tale!

2. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Fantastic chapter yet again.

Vader looked down at the distraught queen, "He was executed ten minutes ago, his body will be returned to the palace within the hour; dispose of the remains however you see fit."

Mr Tact isn't he?[face_shame_on_you]

This is getting extrememly interesting. Good old Yoda coming up now!

Great job, as ever Kelli=D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Qui-Gon shook his head, "It doesn't matter how; what matters is that Anakin has his daughter and she is in grave danger."

Anakin. Qui-Gon had never stopped using that name when referring to Darth Vader. It always disturbed Obi-Wan greatly when he used the Sith's former name. Once he asked his former master why he did that and his answer was something Obi-Wan found even more disturbing:

"It makes you feel better, doesn't it, to keep Vader and Anakin separate? You can tell yourself that it was Vader that betrayed the Jedi, killed the younglings, and bowed his knee to a Sith Lord; because Anakin would have never done those things. You are deceiving yourself if you believe that. It was Anakin Skywalker who swore allegiance to a Sith Lord, it was Anakin Skywalker who ruthlessly destroyed every Jedi and youngling in the temple, and it IS Anakin Skywalker who enforces his Sith master's dominion over the galaxy.

Obi-Wan did not agree with Qui-Gon's claim; he believed that the person he trained was long gone and replaced by something that was more machine than man. He wondered if his master was right and he was deceiving himself; if so, it was a deception that he was not ready to give up.

This story is unfolding so beautifully! =D=

4. MasterTywalker

MasterTywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Very fun, looking forward to what Yoda's suggested course of action will be.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wowzers... what a powerful tale!! Please add me to your PM listing!

I've totally enjoyed this! And so realistic! =D=

Poor Breha :( all alone now :( I'm glad that she's got the will power to hold on and try to find the person Bail told her to look for.

Can't wait for more! Well done!!

6. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

That was brutal. Poor Breha!

At least she has remembered Bail's final instructions.

I'm glad Obi-Wan is aware Vader has Leia.

Awesome update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    G__Anakin: Thank you so much for reading.

Sara_Kenobi:

I hope Breha will do what Bail requested, and it will help.

At least it gives Breha some hope. Someone who went through the amount of tragety that Breha went through would need some kind of hope to hold on to for the sake of their own sanity. Thank you for reading and replying.

Ladynaye: Vader certainly wants Kenobi to pay for this as well as Bail. You are right, Breha was lucky that she was spared Vader's wrath; her husband took it all. Thank you so much for your comments.

darthzeppo:

I agree with this 100%

Thank you, Qui-Gon doesn't seem like a person who would separate Anakin and Vader. Thanks you for reading.

Starwen_Skywalker: I didn't want Qui-Gon to have all of the answers, because that would be too easy. Yoda may have some idea on what to do. Thank you for your comments.

padawanlost:

I hope she can find some way to deal with her loss. At least it can't drive her to the dark side.

Yes, she technically can't go to the dark side since she isn't Force sensitive, but those in the midst of grief can do and say things that they normally woudn't. It can change a person for the worst and cause them to be unrecognizable to those who knew them before. In that sense, Breha can go to the "dark side". In her case, she just doesn't have a connection to the Force. Thank you so much for reading.

Luna_Nightshade:

Oh, I felt so bad for Breha in this. I can't imagine losing both your daughter and your husband on the same day, then having to return home to see your daughter's toys and your husband's broken body.

I've never lost a spouse or a child, so I don't have personal experience. I can just imagine what it must be like to lose someone so quickly and then coming home to see reminders of them all over the house; it must be hell. Thank you for commenting.

Fortherea: Yes, there is alot of drama ahead. I hope you like where I go with this; thank you for your kind comments.

VA_Parky:

Kelli! You did such a good job writing Breha - I was sympathizing with her so much that I had tears in my OWN eyes.

Thank you so much, I wanted people to sympathize with her. I'm glad what I wrote was effective.

Thanks for the PM! It's a privilege to read this wonderful tale!

Thank you so much for your very kind words; I really appreciate them.

cdmcc:

Mr Tact isn't he?

[face_laugh] Vader missed his Imperial sensitivity training class and he's been worse off because of it.

Good old Yoda coming up now!

He won't be showing up next chapter, but he will be in the one after that. Thank you for continuing to read and reply.

VaderLVR64: I'm glad you are enjoying it, thank you so much for reading.

MasterTywalker: Thank you, Yoda will be showing up in a couple of chapter and then we'll see what he has to say about what happened.

Kynstar: A new reader! You are added to the PM list. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

HE_PIED_PIPER: Wow, what a response! [:D]

Ooch! Vader at his worst, or his best...from a certain point of view.

LOL, Vader certainly wasn't being very tactful.

Somehow I have the feeling, that Obi-wan, will not abandon Leia?

Remember, he does have Luke to take care of. That may keep him from running to the rescue. Yoda will help him decide the best course of action.

I always sensed that he had some resentment towards Qui-Gon's affection with Anakin. Kind of like a jelous sibling.

I agree, Obi-Wan certainly acted that way during TPM with Anakin.

Leia,(who was always the more volatile of the Skywalker twins) would make a nice apprentice for Palpatine for sure.

Palpatine or Vader, she would be a good apprentice for either of them.

Horrific, Kelli...but factual for what these circumstances would have been like, I'm sure.

I tried not to be too graphic in the details b

9. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    :(

just incredibly tragic, but very well-written.

10. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    anakin_luver: Thank you for reading, yes it is tragic, but I'm glad you like how it is written.

[i]Author's Note: Yes, I know it's late; I have no excuse other than laziness. [face_wink] I hope everyone likes it. Thank you for your responses; I really appreciate them. [face_hugs] [/i]

[i][b]Chapter 5: [/b][/i]

?My Lord, the quarters you requested have been prepared.? Vader had ordered new quarters for Leia to be prepared, something suitable for someone of her station. She was the daughter of the second in command of the Empire, and she would be treated as royalty; nothing would be denied her. [i]Almost nothing, she will never see her kidnappers again, no matter how much she may want to. [/i]

?Acknowledged, I will inspect them.? While Vader?s armor was being attached after daily maintenance, he thought about how Leia reacted to him; she saw him as a monster. He was perfectly aware that his mask and armor was frightening, especially for a small child. It angered him to know that she loved and trusted those who took her from her father and lied to her throughout her entire life.

Still, he was impressed with the way she handled herself in front of him. After just a little coaxing, the girl showed her face and looked straight into his mask. Vader could see that there was a fire in her; she did not like to show fear. Just like Padmé.

He could not help but see Leia?s resemblance to his late wife. She had her brown eyes, her dark hair, and her fearlessness. Vader had not thought about Padmé in many years; soon after Mustafar he forced her out of his mind and focused on finding the last of the Jedi and doing his master?s will. She returned when he discovered their daughter on Alderaan.

Leaving his chambers, Vader took a short walk to the rooms that were prepared next to his for Leia. They were the largest quarters on the Devastator; even larger than his own. The large main room led to a bedroom, a private sitting room, and a dining area. It also led to another room that Vader had specifically requested, a training room. As soon as possible, he was determined to begin teaching his daughter the ways of the dark side of the Force; she would need to be strong if she was to survive.

Vader was satisfied that the room did not look as much like military quarters than they did. He wanted to do more, but they had limited resources. A few hours ago, he had sent a protocol droid down to the planet to procure clothes for Leia made in the finest fabrics; he knew the girl had nothing and he was not about to let her have anything from her former life. She would need a clean break from the past, and keeping clothes and toys from her life on Alderaan would keep a link to her kidnappers.

Leaving the quarters, Vader quickly made his way toward Leia's temporary quarters. Entering the dark room, he saw his daughter asleep on the floor, with the only protection from the chilly room being her lightweight nightgown. Frowning, he wondered how she ended up on the floor. Carefully, he picked up the small girl, brought her to the couch, and covered her with a blanket.

A slight twitch indicated that Leia was dreaming. In curiosity, Vader reached deep into the Force and connected with Leia's mind to view her dreams. He was not surprised how easy it was to do; their biological connection made a mental connection almost effortless. The Sith knew that this would make Leia's training easier; he would be able to easily guide her from inside her own mind.

Vader was not surprised to see Leia dreaming of the Organas; he knew it would be a while before they would be forgotten. In her dreams, Leia was reliving moments with them. It angered him to see his daughter call the queen, "mother"; that was what she should have called Padmé. It especially angered him to see Bail Organa pretend to be her father; he wished that he would have made the senator's torment last longer during his interrogation.

Suddenly, everything changed; Leia's dream shifted to a more intense scene. She was seeing Bail Organa in immense pain a

11. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh man, that new governor is bad news - Breha is certainly going to have her hands full dealing with him. :mad: I want to punch him in the nose!! [face_beatup]

But at least Breha managed to put out the word that she wants to meet with Bail's secret contact. That is definitely a bright spot in an otherwise sad time. Perhaps he will be able to give her some hope. She needs it! Poor thing! [face_worried]

And Vader now has Leia firmly in his clutches. I wonder how long she's going to be able to withstand his attempts to teach her the dark side? After all, she is Padme's daughter. Perhaps this education will be more difficult than Vader anticipated??? Well, whatever the case, I know I will enjoy it. Your stories are so well done, Kelli! I love it!

Thanks for the PM!!

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yikes! Can't wait to see what happens next! :eek:

Vader was not surprised to see Leia dreaming of the Organas; he knew it would be a while before they would be forgotten. In her dreams, Leia was reliving moments with them. It angered him to see his daughter call the queen, "mother"; that was what she should have called Padmé. It especially angered him to see Bail Organa pretend to be her father; he wished that he would have made the senator's torment last longer during his interrogation.

Suddenly, everything changed; Leia's dream shifted to a more intense scene. She was seeing Bail Organa in immense pain and crying out to her and the queen was repeating the words, "Oh Leia, please don't forget me" over and over.

He was amazed that, even though she was young and untrained, she still picked up so much from the Force. Through the mind link, he could easily feel his daughter's emotions. She was feeling immense sadness but the overriding emotion was anger, pure anger that bordered on rage. So, she is like me after all. He was looking forward to teaching her the ways of the dark side of the Force. When she came of age, she would be nearly unstoppable. Then, we will both destroy Sidious.

Yep, he's back to his old tricks again! :p

=D=

13. Starwen_Skywalker

Starwen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Wow! What a great update =D=

I really liked the way Breha handled the new governor of Alderaan. At least, she had some spunk when dealing with that creep. I'm curious to find out what Jesko Sarin is going to tell her, though. Should be interesting.

14. Fortherea

Fortherea Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2003
    Yuck, the new governor is slimy! Let's see how he'll get along with the queen and everyone around her.

I wonder what Yoda and Ben are going to do. They don't really have a lot of options.

Looking forward to more!

15. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    At this moment, curiosity outweighed any fear Leia had for the armored figure that was her father. "What can you teach me?" Leia could not explain it, but she somehow knew how to communicate her thoughts to him.

I can understand Leia's fascination with her newly discovered abilities, but its sure frightening to think how easy it will be to take her to the dark side.

I'm going to see hope in Vader's hesitation to call himself "Darth Vader." I hope he has to fully explain things to her at some point.

Moff Malix looks like he's got some kind of personality disorder- perfect imperial lackey. I'm sure the tightrope Breha will have to walk will provide future excitement.

Now to see what kind of art Breha likes, and for Yoda and Obi to catch up.

Great chapter =D=

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Great chapter Kelli!! [:D]

I loved the Vader and Leia interaction. And I think Govenor Malix will become quite the disgusting villian..:p But that always makes good drama. The scene between himself and Breha was well done...[face_thinking] Alderaan was the California of the GFFA, always good to see how the Empire dealt with them. I have a feeling things are fixin' to crack down on Alderaan. Can't wait for Obi and Yoda next week.

~Piper :)

17. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was a great post, but I felt sorry for Breha though. That'd be a difficult position to live with.

19. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Wow, the new governor is a piece of work. I feel awful for Breha, having to deal with this man now. I hope that our friend the "art dealer" is able to do something to help her out. Perhaps he was Bail's assistant or something in the Rebellion...

Poor Leia, too. Vader is being... kind to her, but her position is still horrible. I hope she can withstand the attempts to teach her the Dark Side. I don't know if that's possible, though, since she isn't very aware of the Light or Dark Side anyway.

Much =D=, KB! I can't wait to find out about Breha's discussions with her new friend, and how Leia deals with her new 'father.' Loved it as always!

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - this story gets better and better.

It was down right creepy when Vader invaded Leia's dreams and then her mind to communicate with her...sent chills ritht down my spine.

And poor Breha! Having to deal with that imperial slime...I did enjoy her act of defiance in not meeting him as he requested, though.

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005

"My daughter, I will teach you to hear the very heartbeat of the galaxy. With this power, there will be absolutely nothing you cannot accomplish."

Marvellous stuff. The new guy is a bit of a piece of work, isnt he?

Looking forward to more Obi!

22. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    VA_Parky:

Oh man, that new governor is bad news - Breha is certainly going to have her hands full dealing with him. I want to punch him in the nose!!

LOL, I do too. I've never wanted to punch one of my OCs but Moff Malix is the first. ;)

After all, she is Padme's daughter. Perhaps this education will be more difficult than Vader anticipated???

Let's hope so, for Leia's sake. However, she does have alot of her father in her and she's now really curious about this strange new power that she's been exposed to. We will see how much she can resist. Also, remember that she's had no Jedi training. She doesn't know how to distinguish the good from the bad.

Well, whatever the case, I know I will enjoy it. Your stories are so well done, Kelli! I love it!

:D Thank you so much.

VaderLVR64:

Yep, he's back to his old tricks again!

Oh yeah, fatherhood certainly hasn't made Vader suddenly want to return to the light. He's still evil and really ambitious. Thank you so much for reading and replying.

Starwen_Skywalker:

I really liked the way Breha handled the new governor of Alderaan. At least, she had some spunk when dealing with that creep.

She certainly has that, but she has learned to temper it somewhat for the sake of her people. Like it was said in the chapter, she has to learn to choose her battles. Thank you for reading.

Fortherea:

Yuck, the new governor is slimy! Let's see how he'll get along with the queen and everyone around her.

Not very well, if the first meeting is any indication; and he's going to get much more slimy as the story progresses.

I wonder what Yoda and Ben are going to do. They don't really have a lot of options.

Not really, they can either decide to rescue Leia or not and just focus on Luke, seeing Leia as already lost. That's really the only choices they have. Thank you, I really appreciate your reply.

padawanlost:

Moff Malix looks like he's got some kind of personality disorder- perfect imperial lackey. I'm sure the tightrope Breha will have to walk will provide future excitement.

I'm glad you picked that up, Malix is not only slimy, but he's not quite right in the head as well. Thank you for the comment!

THE_PIED_PIPER:

I loved the Vader and Leia interaction. And I think Govenor Malix will become quite the disgusting villian.. But that always makes good drama.

I'm glad you like drama, because I got a whole boxcar load of drama planned for this story. ;) Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm glad you are enjoying it so far.

G__Anakin: Thank you so much for reading!

Sara_Kenobi: You are right, Breha is in a very dangerous position. Thank you so much for your reply.

Luna_Nightshade:

Perhaps he was Bail's assistant or something in the Rebellion...

Earlier in the story, the second chapter I believe, it is revealed that this "art dealer" is an operative for the rebellion that has information for Breha in case something ever happened to Bail.

Poor Leia, too. Vader is being... kind to her, but her position is still horrible. I hope she can withstand the attempts to teach her the Dark Side. I don't know if that's possible, though, since she isn't very aware of the Light or Dark Side anyway.

Yes, she has no idea about light and dark sides of the Force. She is only going to be taught the Sith perspective of the Force, and she is very young and impressionable. I really appreciate your reply.

KELIA:

It was down right creepy when Vader invaded Leia's dreams and then her mind to communicate with her...sent chills right down my spine.

Thank you, that was the reaction I wanted. I wanted it to be disturbing that he would invade someone's dreams, especially his daughter's. Because of their biological connection, it is easy for Vader to communicate with her mentally, and he will use that to his advantage. I appreciate you taking the

23. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    a special room for training? oh gosh...why am i dreading the time when Vader starts using that room?

snooty little Moff ain't he? but i wonder if there really is a special reason as to why Palps chose him...

great update. :D

24. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Just wanted you to know that I haven't abandoned this story. DRL has been bad, and I'm leaving to Austria within couple of hours. I read both chapters, and I loved them both, but I have no time to write a review. I'll come up with it when I return. :)

25. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hello! :)

I've "accidentaly bumped" into this wonderful, intriguing story, and it captured me from the first till last word. It must have been horrible for Breha to lose both her husband and her child. Whereas Bail died a painful death, Leia's fate may include something much more awful than death - judging from the way things are going now, she has a great potential to follow her father's footsteps and become exactly as twisted and evil as he is.

It looks like Vader is intent on teaching Leia the Dark Side of the Force. Leia did get the feeling that she'd found the piece she had always been missing - is this a good thing or a bad thing? On the one hand, this brings her closer to the acceptance that Vader is (or was) her father, but on the other hand it can also foreshadow her turn to the Dark Side. Or, maybe, I've drunk too much coffee and start having hallucinations.

That new governor is a black horse too...If I were Breha, I wouldn't trust him.

I'm intrigued at what happens once Obi-Wan finds out about Vader's new move! My guess is that he'd try and kidnap Leia. Yet, again, would it be a good thing? He could save Leia's soul (unless Vader suddenly comes to his senses), but by doing this, he might only anger Vader even more. If he chooses not to intervene, Leia might fall, but my fangirl's side wants Vader's redemption. Anakin's daughter is the best way to it. After all, she reminds Vader so much of Padme...Maybe again, I've drunk too much coffee and started seeing things.

BTW, I enjoyed Vader/Leia interaction. :)

Excellent story so far, Kelli_LB! I'm not asking for PMs because I'm a lousy reviewer due to the stupid, awful, twisted DRL, but I'll give my best to pop up here as much as I can! You've got me hooked!

=D= =D= =D=

CrazyAni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.