main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Legacy -- Vader discovers Leia is his child: Drama, AU, Seven years post RoTS: Updated: 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelli_LB, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Ohhhh, I like this. :cool: PMs, please? I definitely want to read more!

2. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    anakin_luver:

snooty little Moff ain't he? but i wonder if there really is a special reason as to why Palps chose him...

You will find out more and more about Moff Malix as the story progresses. Thank you for reading and replying.

Darth_Father-in-law: Thank you, I hope you have a good time in Austria.

CrazyAni: Welcome to the story, I'm glad you're here and you like it so far.

That new governor is a black horse too...If I were Breha, I wouldn't trust him.

Trust me, she doesn't trust him at all.

I'm intrigued at what happens once Obi-Wan finds out about Vader's new move! My guess is that he'd try and kidnap Leia. Yet, again, would it be a good thing? He could save Leia's soul (unless Vader suddenly comes to his senses), but by doing this, he might only anger Vader even more.

Well, there's really nothing more Obi-Wan can do to make Vader more angry with him. The lava was the lowest possible point of their relationship.

Thank you for reading and replying; I welcome any reviews you may leave.

Darth_Marrs: Welcome, I'm glad you here. Thank you for the reply; you are now on the PM list.

[b][i]Chapter 6:[/i][/b]

The Force had been in mourning since Anakin's turn to the dark side and the purges began. Yoda had felt it for the last seven years, but now things had changed, and not for the better. Leia had been found by the Sith Lord that was once Anakin Skywalker; she had been found by her father. He knew it even without having to consult with Qui-Gon. It was a very troubling development, and the Force seemed to agree with him.

Yoda knew that Leia was young and impressionable and thus would have little resistance to training to use the dark side of the Force. The girl knew nothing about the Force, and Vader would be her only teacher. The ancient Jedi admitted to himself sadly that the girl stood little chance to fight the all-consuming power. T[i]o the dark side, another Skywalker will fall. [/i]

There stood another possibility. Underneath layers of grief that had been formed, there was a tiny glimmer of hope within him. The presence of his daughter might awaken Vader's long suppressed humanity. However, this was such a remote possibility; Yoda barely gave it a second thought.

He was not surprised when he heard his hidden communication equipment come to life. It was the only bit of electronic equipment that he had inside his hut on this jungle planet. [i]Found out, Obi-Wan has. [/i]

Sighing deeply, Yoda hobbled his way to his tiny home. It had only been seven years, but he felt as if he had aged over one-hundred. He knew he would not last long on this planet; he had twenty or thirty years at the most. He had hoped that would be enough time to train Luke; but with the other twin falling under the influence of the dark side, he knew things had gotten much more complicated. Still, he had faith that somehow the Force would open a path for the darkness which had infested the very soul of the galaxy to be defeated.

Yoda found the communications unit and activated it, "Finally contacted me, you have." The two remaining Jedi had left the possibility for contact open, in case of an extreme emergency. The equipment had been finely tuned and the best for clandestine communication. It was nearly impossible for a source on the outside to trace the audio signal. However, because of the danger, any communication between them would have to be brief?ten minutes at the most.

"Master Yoda, I presume you know what happened." Obi-Wan's voice was weaker than he had remembered it; he too had felt the weight of the last seven years.

"Know, I do, terrible development."

"I'm contacting you for guidance."

The ancient Jedi master knew what must be done, but it was not an easy choice. If it failed, things would be much worse. "Rescue young Leia, you must. Her father's influence, she cannot fight."

"Master, that would leave Luke unprotected."

Yoda had considered this; there was danger in leaving Luke without Obi-Wan's p

3. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Wonderful job with Yoda. I'm interested to see how this plays out now that Obi's on the way to rescue Leia.

I'm worried for him, mainly because he's worried- and he hasn't had the "bad feeling" since Naboo.

Malix is getting super-creepy. Great as a villian, but I sure hope Breha can get out of the situation she's in. I loved the way you wrote the conflict in her emotions. She's got a whole lot to deal with. I'm growing quite fond of her actually. You've developed her nicely.

All in good time, I'm sure. Thanks for the PM.

=D=

4. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Oh, Kelli...I loved Yoda and Obi. Interested to see what type of rescue plot Kenobi dreams up. That conversation couldn't have gone better.

Breha is so strong. And Malix has no cooth, hitting on a widow. He just sees her as a political advantage.

can't wait for Leia's first lesson.

~Piper :)

5. Mystic665

Mystic665 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    I. Love. Malix. I luuuv hating him. He has got to be one of the best/creepiest OC villians I've seen. You've done a nice job developing him both him and Breha. (He better not touch her though. :mad: ) I also enjoy the balance between the two plot lines. Most Leia/Vader fics focus solely on Leia. Keep up the good work.

6. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Brilliant updates. =D=

7. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    You are writing a very believable occupation scene on Alderaan. =D= Excellently done. I can't wait to read more.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved Obi-Wan and Yoda! [face_love]

Breha was not sure which was worse, a governor that was a crass political opportunist or one who was a true believer in the Empire. Malix truly believed every word that spewed from Palpatine's mouth. Unlike the other governors, he did not see his position as only a way to make it closer to the top of the Imperial military latter, Malix saw it as a way to spread Imperial ideals and fashion a society using those principles. "How to you plan to do that?"

Malix is a fanatic, and that makes him terrifying. [face_worried]

=D=

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Malix is one sick puppy. I love the small little rebellions Breha has been able to get away with so far but I hope she doesn't push her luck in the future.

Now Obi's on his way to rescue Leia.....[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]
    that should be very interesting to say the least.

Great update

=D==D= =D= =D=

10. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh my gosh! Everything is REALLY heating up now! And for the record, I really want to punch Malix in his smug little mouth!!

Obi-wan is going to try to rescue Leia, huh? Oh dear... I am so worried for him. It is my greatest hope that he will arrive to find Vader and Leia hanging out and playing dolls or something but I have a feeling that won't happen! ;) :p

Great update! This story is such a cool AU - I love the way everything is developing. The pacing is absolutely perfecT!

Awesome job!

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhhh excellent chapter!! Loooove how you're working with Breha! You're doing so well! And Malix... hmf does he think he can eventually marry her? ewww I surely hope not! Poor dear! :( she's already been thru enough not needing some lunatic Moff to try/force her hand!

Well done! =D=

12. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Malix is just so...creeeeeeepy. Makes my skin crawl thinking about what he plans to do with Breha after her period of mourning no longer protects her. I do hope that Obi-Wan is able to hurry up for Leia, and that word of Breha's plight can spread to others. She needs some serious help!

Loved Yoda and Obi-Wan in this. Great seeing them able to talk to each other for the first time. I hope that their plans work... They are needed!

Maybe our art dealer needs to learn code. Like... code underneath the paintings type code. Hmmm... perhaps he and Breha could communicate through the paintings and other art? That might work...

Much =D=, KB! I'm really enjoying how this is developing and the great peril everybody is in. I can't wait to find out how our heroes come back from their seven-year "vacation" in the hopes of rescuing Leia. Loved it as always!

13. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Breha is wonderfully written. Also loved the Senate part. Yoda - brilliant.

Obi to the rescue. How much am I looking forward to that? A WHOLE LOT![face_dancing]

Great update and cheers for the PM. I await the next one with baited breath (honestly):D

14. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Very, very nice work here. :D True what Qui-Gon said that Anakin's really in there, and he turned into such a self-centered idiot... never once considering that if he felt this way about Leia when he hadn't even set eyes on her, what the Organas must feel having actually raised her... nice going, Darth Deadbeat :p Go Breha, don't let that Imperial lackey push you around, your girl's still out there and she needs you!

Way to go :D

15. EmeraldSith

EmeraldSith Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    Grrrr....Malix reminds me of a character in the Harry Potter series. She was just as slimy... maybe Breha can somehow frame him for something and Vader can just come over and squeeze the life out of him? [face_dancing] That's wishful thinking though, huh? [face_praying]

This is a very neat story you have going on here, by the way. I'd love to be on the PM list for this. :D

16. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Brilliant updates! =D= Thanks for the pms.

17. Starwen_Skywalker

Starwen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    That was a fantastic scene with Obi-Wan and Yoda! I'm definitely worried about Obi-Wan's mission to rescue Leia, though. I just hope he's prepared to face Vader again.

Thanks for the pm :D

18. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Chapter

This is getting scary[face_devil]

19. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Malix makes my skin crawl!!!

this was a super update. you really capture the essence of each character. it is a pleasure to read your story.

20. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    padawanlost:

Malix is getting super-creepy. Great as a villian, but I sure hope Breha can get out of the situation she's in.

Thank you, I have to admit, creating a villian character is alot of fun. He is very creepy, and he's just getting started. Thank you so much for the reply.

THE_PIED_PIPER:

Oh, Kelli...I loved Yoda and Obi. Interested to see what type of rescue plot Kenobi dreams up. That conversation couldn't have gone better.

This was the first time I've ever written Yoda, so I was nervous about how he would turn out. I'm glad you liked how the conversation went.

Mystic665:

He has got to be one of the best/creepiest OC villians I've seen.

[face_blush] Thank you so much.

I also enjoy the balance between the two plot lines. Most Leia/Vader fics focus solely on Leia. Keep up the good work.

I'm glad you like how I'm writing it. I sometimes get worried that people who want to see all Leia/Vader interaction might get bored with Alderaanian political intrigue.

kennyboy: Thank you so much.

Darth_Marrs: I'm glad you like it. :)

VaderLVR64:

Malix is a fanatic, and that makes him terrifying.

Yes, he is a true believer, and there is absolutely no reasoning with him. He's not doing this to advance his own career, he's doing it to increase the glory of the Empire.

KELIA:

Malix is one sick puppy. I love the small little rebellions Breha has been able to get away with so far but I hope she doesn't push her luck in the future.

Eventually, he is going to get more and more frustrated by her small rebellions and he will make an issue of it; it won't be pretty.

VA_Parky:

And for the record, I really want to punch Malix in his smug little mouth!!

[face_laugh] Oh, just wait for future chapters. You'll be wanting to do more than punch him. Like I said above, I enjoy writing him. He's just so different than any other OC I've ever created. I like writing my half-insane and creepy Imperial Moff. :)

I am so worried for him. It is my greatest hope that he will arrive to find Vader and Leia hanging out and playing dolls or something but I have a feeling that won't happen!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] You never know, I might have Obi show up while Vader is trying to braid Leia's hair.

Kynstar:

hmf does he think he can eventually marry her? ewww I surely hope not! Poor dear! she's already been thru enough not needing some lunatic Moff to try/force her hand!

She has a month to stall, we will see Malix's true intentions after that.

Luna_Nightshade:

Loved Yoda and Obi-Wan in this. Great seeing them able to talk to each other for the first time. I hope that their plans work... They are needed!

Yes, they are very much needed. Unfortunately, like Obi-Wan said, it will be at least two weeks before he can leave Tatooine. This is going to give Vader time to gain a foothold into Leia's life.

cdmcc:

Also loved the Senate part.

I added that to show that Bail's death will have an effect on things larger than Alderaan. The fledgeling Rebel Alliance may colapse without him, despite Mothma's efforts.

ShrunkenJedi:

and he turned into such a self-centered idiot... never once considering that if he felt this way about Leia when he hadn't even set eyes on her, what the Organas must feel having actually raised her... nice going, Darth Deadbeat

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I like it, Darth Deadbeat. Vader definately doesn't think about the feelings of others, even his daughter. Fatherhood is not going to change Vader's character flaws.

EmeraldSith:

Grrrr....Malix reminds me of a character in the Harry Potter series. She was just as slimy...

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books. I can't promise you that Malix will meet a bad end, this story is not guaranteed to have a happy ending.

This is a very neat story you have going on h

21. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    ohhhhh...don't tell me Malix wants to get it on with Breha...oh please, that just (as Breha so intelligently said) makes me want to vomit.

go Obi! i sure hope he can help Leia.

brilliant job!

22. Fortherea

Fortherea Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2003
    sorry, I'm replying so late. :)
    the Governor is getting slimier... yuck.
    But hey, I'm sure Breha and the art dealer will be able to discuss the important things even though there's a stormtrooper around.

23. Kelli_LB

Jun 24, 2006
    anakin_luver:

ohhhhh...don't tell me Malix wants to get it on with Breha...

Yes, he's a sick little man. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Fortherea: No problem about replying late, I'm just glad you did. :) Thank you for reading. Yes, Malix's slime factor is increasing.

[i]Author's Note: For those who also read my other story, Dissent Rising, you've already read this so you can ignore. I've decided to slow down the posting of both stories for a little while, at least. Updated two stories in a week is getting a bit taxing and I'm afraid the quality is coming down. I'm going to begin staggering the postings of both stories, one week I'll post The Legacy and the next week I'll post Dissent Rising.

Actually, I thought that I wasn't going to get this chapter finished until next week but I've had a sudden creative burst, you could say, and I got it done quicker than I thought I would. Thank you everyone who take the time to read, and especially those who leave comments. I really appreciate all the support. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter.[/i]

[i][b]Chapter 7:[/b][/i]

It had been nearly two weeks since Leia's world collapsed, to be replaced by her new existence on the [i]Devastator[/i]. Her former existence as High Princess of Alderaan seemed like a lifetime ago. She was still orbiting her former home planet of Alderaan while her father remained to oversee the planet's transition to direct Imperial governance.

Her father, she still had not called the black armor clad man by that title, even though he had ordered her to do so. It was not that she did not believe his claim, Leia knew with every fiber of her being that he was telling the truth. She just could not say the word, yet. In her heart, Bail Organa was her father, even though Vader would be angry with her if she expressed these feelings.

Every since she had been moved to her new quarters, Leia's days were all the same. Promptly at 0700, she would be awoken by a protocol droid that had been assigned to her. Then, the droid would supervise and assist as she groomed and dressed for the day. At 0800, a breakfast tray would be brought to her. Then, at 0900, her academic tutoring sessions would begin.

Vader had assigned one of the ship's commanders to be in charge of Leia's tutoring. He had experience with teaching; he had been a lecturer for a few years at the Imperial Academy before he was re-assigned to the [i]Devastator[/i]. He had been instructed by Vader to challenge her, but the commander had been warned that his life would meet a slow and violent end if he was any way harsh with Leia.

Among other things, it was Commander D'Sal?s duty to correct the "gaps" in the education that Leia received on Alderaan. Her lessons on mathematics, literature, and science were given to her via computer instruction while D'Sal supervised. Then, he would lecture her on history and governance; specifically, the Empire?s perspective of those subjects. She was an eager student, she devoured any information she was given.

D'Sal did note that she was more than a little reluctant to accept the Empire?s version of certain events in history because it was different than what she learned from her tutors on Alderaan, but he assured Vader that she would eventually come around.

Her tutoring sessions would continue most of the day, with only one break for a midday meal. The sessions would end promptly at 1600 when her protocol droid would take her for a walk in designated areas around the ship. The crew was well aware of Leia's presence. Just days after her arrival, the rumors about the purpose of the little girl?s presence were getting out of hand. Some even speculated that she was there to satisfy Vader's deviant appetites. The body of the asphyxiated crewmember that started that rumor was found hours later at the base of a maintenance shaft.

Still, the out-of-control rumors caused Vader to issue a short ship-wide decree announcing that the small girl was his daughter and would be treate

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh not good...he's linked with her! [face_worried] The poor dear!

And Breha :( she wanted so bad to convey to Sarin :( well something he said was of obvious importance. Hopefully it'll click upon tomorrow!

Great update! And fear not ;) every other week is find and dandy with me on the ole updating! :D

25. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    well thank god Sarin wasn't just an art dealer...that would be most disappointing, indeed.

ahhhh...Leia's training definitely is making a progress...one that i don't like very much. :(

great chapter! i can't wait to see Obi again. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.