main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The LGA staying home SWCC thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 10, 2019.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Well most of us aren't hitting Celebration this year but we can still share in the news and trailers and discuss them here. We're sure to hear news on Ep IX, The Mandolorian, the new Clone Wars, Galaxy's Edge, and games, books and comics. So as the news and trailers hit the 'net feel free to post here and comment.

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Anyone else confused by tomorrow (Thursday) 's schedule? That is the start date for the con, but no programming? Are they just having the floor open? Are there even Thursday badges?

If there isn't any Thursday programming, can they really even say they extended the con by an extra day?

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Honestly I didn't even glance at the schedule since I'm not going. I'll have to take a look.

4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Ah. I found my answer.
    "Thursday Bounty Hunter Preview - $55.00* Advance | $65.00* at the door SOLD OUT

Get a jump on your hunt for collectibles at Celebration with the Thursday Bounty Hunter Preview Ticket. A limited number of fans will get access to the Show Floor, Autographing, Photo Ops and the Celebration Show Store. Please note: Thursday will not have any stage programming."

I don't think this should count as "the extra day" they advertised a while back, but if I were going i would have totally spend the extra 50 bucks to get all my shopping done.
    Well, that burning question is answered-- I guess I better get back to work.
    YJ

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looking at the other Celebration threads on Fan Force you would have spent all day in line at the store. This is a problem every Celebration. I can't believe they haven't figured it out. I DO hope I can get a "Star Wars is for Everyone" Tshirt online afterwards, I really like it. Looks like temp is cold (certainly no 83 like it was here today) but they have heated tents outside for the lines before they let people in. That was smart. I swore off Celebrations after the last fiasco in Orlando but I probably would have tried going to Chicago if I could have gotten this weekend off. Kind of glad I couldn't now. If this is another ReedPop disaster I'm sure I really never will go again.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Once I got home from work I turned on the streaming and I really enjoyed it. I couldn't believe the size of the crowd around the streaming stage. Was very happy to be watching it from the comfort of my couch. I really am getting old.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Did we have an opening ceremony? Is there a closing ceremony scheduled?

I'm still enjoying watching the panels at home (and work when I can sneak it). I could see staying home and hosting a viewing party for future Celebrations. The only thing is with LA and Orlando Celebrations there's some other nice things to do (Disney) so it's almost like getting two vacations in one.

Here's some book info
    https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/04/star-wars-celebration-lucasfilm-publishing-panel-recap.html

Kind of a bummer the home streaming audience (and the fans onsite but not in the main panel room) got shut out of the Mandolorian BTS sizzle reel and trailer. Not sure why they would do that. I thought they wanted us excited for this. Anyway, here's a good description...
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-footage-from-the-mandalorian-just-kicked-our-1834033182
    I just hope we get some Dengar.

I enjoyed the Clone Wars panel and I'm enjoying anything with Ashley Eckstein in it. I really liked her Sisters of the Force panel.

Timothy Zahn was on stage today.

One more day left.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    That Sisters of the Force panel... Cancer Sucks.

There will be a closing ceremonies, and I guess the Ep 9 panel counted as an opening? I've been enjoying the stream too, although I hope all the panels get filmed and released at some point (mainly the ILM panel and David W.'s music of Phantom Menace). Mika, I thought you did host a party? I mean, Rel and I came over and watched the stream. I guess that explains why you weren't there. I cosplayed as Dengar, so, sorry about using up all of your toilet paper.

I think the big book info (if there is any) will drop today. We didn't really get any new news. Bandai is releasing a 14inch Star Destroyer kit (with lights). So. That's cool.

Last con I was at the Bandai booth, and answering random peoples' questions and giving how too's on how to build kits. (the booth didn't have any native English speakers, and you can't get me to shut up once I get started) I was there so much, that people started to hand me money as they walked off with boxes of kits!

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I remember that story. That was cool. Bandai should hire you, I'm sure you'd be willing to work for product.

I too hope they put up the David Collins TPM music panel. I'd also like to see the Her Universe fashion show again and the Timothy Zahn interview. I liked the closing ceremony fan highlight/sizzle video. Hope they put that up too.

The Doug Chaing panel was super cool and informative.

Project Luminous? http://www.jedinews.co.uk/conventio...ng-announces-project-luminous-coming-in-2020/

Comic books, sooo many comic books.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/swcc-2019-marvel-star-wars-panel

Next Celebration Anaheim 2020. Location isn't a big shocker but how soon it's going to be is. Will have to give it some thought.