main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Literature Social Thread... WITH A GUN! (and Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature (Spoilers Allowed)' started by Rogue_Follower, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Ahh Impactguns, I window shop there from time to time (like when late, im out of gas, or its raining and I cant make it to a local dealer), but their prices are a little high compared to dealers in my area. (plus add 25.00 for dealer transfer). Though I do frequent their Class 3 section a lot :D I usually frequent the manufacturer websites (for weapons), and order parts and accessories from CDNN Investments, the Sportsmans Guide, Cheaper than Dirt, or Midway USA.

The only place I ordered Guns online from was from the DCM/CMP

My favorite review/opinion websites are:

Stephen A. Camp's Site
    The Quinn's Site
    Glock Forums/General Guns (Glocktalk)
    ARFCOM and its sister site AK47.net

I frequent some other places too.

2. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    And I third it.:D

3. Rohniss

May 9, 2005
    I like this title better. Anyone disagree? :D

Q_M: I dunno should I buy a Glock 17, CZ-75 SAO, or Browning Hi-Power this time (shopping for a large frame 9mm thats NOT DA/SA transition)

4. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    I'll just fourth it, then! [face_peace]

C'mon, let's change it already... [face_tired] :p

5. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Oh, Glock 17 definitely.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Make it a fifth!

*chuckles*

Well, this is the new abode...snazzy.

7. Rohniss

May 9, 2005

Reason? I like my Glock 19 (so much that it has replaced the Gold Cup as my carry gun) but it just feels like a souless killing machine to me (yeah I know im crazy) The 1911 just feels I dunno "better" like it has a soul and personality, the Glock feels like a piece of plastic. (not dogging the Glock, I shoot it very well and it carries 2x the Ammo my 1911 does) But I was leaning towards the Glock 17 as well. That way I can put up the Gold Cup in its safe and keep it in pristine shape (the shape it was in when Dad gave it to me) I dunno, I would feel crushed if something happened to the 1911, not so with the Glock. Plus it carries an evil number of rounds (17) and its magazines will fit in my Glock 19. (with the option of buying cartoonishly long 33 round magazines from the Glock 18).

Hmm decisions decisions.

8. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I'm with you too!

Hey Rohniss, you got any of those slick old guns you always see in museums like the oooooolllllddddd-school muskets and stuff that were utterly worthless if you were further than a foot away, but were extremely classy? Those are the only kinds that really interest me. I'm more interested in pointy things like swords and spears and daggers. I'm a Romantic.

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    If you want a semi-SW twist to the thread title it could be:

Who needs frothing diseases? We have guns!

10. Rohniss

May 9, 2005

No, afraid not, I have some bayonets, and another 2 on the way US M1917 (fits most pre-Vietnam US weapons). As far as old guns, no, I don't like weapons you have to load with loose powder, cap, and ball, too easy to make very large mistakes and seriously hurt yourself. My favorite guns come from the period of 1899-1964. Why? because the quality of these old guns are usually higher than new ones in terms of fit and finish, their really "hand made" and can be easily fixed with minimum parts and skill.

There was this one guy on the old social thread who was a Revolutionary War reenactor and I believe he had period correct reproductions of the weapons. I dont remember his name.

11. ARC-77

ARC-77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    That's a lot of sites.[face_hypnotized]

And you're right about Impact Guns, they usually do seem to be a bit overpriced, but they have a really good selection. They had a good deal on a Romanian Dragunov, though, not sure if it's still there. The whole process of ordering online seems a bit difficult, though.

And on-topic, I like the flesh wound title, too. [face_peace]

12. Rohniss

May 9, 2005
    The current topic suits the thread topic better I think.

There are more sites I visit for different aspects of the shooting sports.

I prefer the M-14 or M1A to the Dragonov, but then again Drags run about 50% of the cost of a M1A (new reproduction by Springfield Armory) and similar to a good surplus M-14. Plus .308 is easier to come by then 7.62x54R in non-corrosive ammo.

13. ARC-77

ARC-77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    I like the M-14, too, and the Springfield Armory reproduction is pretty nice. And I did notice the 7.62x54R on one of the sites you posted was rather expensive.

14. Darth_Angle

Darth_Angle Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2006
    I like the flesh wound title.
    Shotguns you just can't wack them the staple of the eastend gangster.

15. browwiw

browwiw Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2007
    While I don't believe in encouraging Rohniss, there is always the Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse to think of.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/browwiw/DSCI0159.jpg]

16. Rohniss

May 9, 2005
    Sir, the shotgun needs more extended magazine tube and bayonet lug, possibly a heat shield.

There also needs to be more SKS in that picture.

You also need more magazines for the 1911, I recommend Metalforms or Wilson Combat 47Ds

In all I grade your montage B, solid, but could use improvement

Also, I thought you had a Armscor 1911, that doesn't look like any I've seen. Does it have a external extractor, Novak Sights, beavertail grip safety, ambi-grip safeties, front slide serrations and skeleton "commander" hammer from the factory or did you or some 'smith do that? In fact that looks kinda like a Kimber Custom II or Springfield Loaded.. Im not so sure you didn't lie to me about it being an Armscor. The external extractor is really throwing me off, only Kimber and Para-Ordinance did that...

If it is an Armscor congratulations it looks (and has features) like a gun more than twice its cost from here.

Buying another Gun tomorrow, pictures to come (Cop Round Gun Goodness)

17. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    my b.b. gun pwns all

(roll tide Rohniss)

18. browwiw

browwiw Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2007
    Needs more SKS? Is that anything like needs more cowbell?

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/browwiw/DSCI0160.jpg]

The Armscor is 'as-is' from the dealer when I bought it. The only difference is that I put more comfortable rubber Hogue grips on it.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/browwiw/DSCI0162.jpg]

Bayonet lug on a shotgun? That's like tits on a bull. Besides, I just got that Charles Daly today.

19. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    So this spoiler thread was just an April fools joke, right?

So you can change it back to the way it was now, right?

20. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    That's what I've been thinking. I'll be skeptical of the existence of this forum at least until after today. I'm crossing my fingers for April Fool's joke, anyway.

-Paul

21. Rohniss

May 9, 2005
    This thread is no joke cookie.

S&W Love on the Kitchen Table:
    [image=http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3285/swoq3.jpg]

A old cop gun reunion, latest acquisition (S&W Model 10, blued and unfired S&W Model 60, nickel)

And

Garand and Yugo:
    [image=http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9701/garandandyugoli3.jpg]

And my favorite Battle Rifle with my favorite Assault Rifle.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    *giggles*

I totally had a dirty thought when combining the first picture with the caption.

23. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Drat. Call me lazy, but it's going to be bit annoying to have two Lit forums to navigate through.

24. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    For a minute I thought that was directed at me, then realised it said 'Drat' not 'Dart' [face_laugh]

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    http://boards.theforce.net/literature_spoilers_allowed/b10784/26519879/p1/?0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.