main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends THE LIVING FORCE (NJO: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp, more) Completed 1/7/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Alpha-synth

Alpha-synth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    Heh, Dest really didn't want to make things easy for Anakin & company, did he?

2. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Wow! This was a real Star Wars scene! :) Not that you haven´t managed to write them before, but it´s soooo good to read. Timothy Zahn or Michael Stackpole couldn´t have done it better.

Magnus

3. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Bloody brilliant chapter YK!

Loved that Threepio line. "Captain Solo? Did I hit the right button? I couldn?t see; did I get him? Did I get him?" [face_laugh]

I can't say more about the fight scenes than what has already been said about them. :)

4. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    WOW! :D As long as you turn out posts of that caliber I don't care how long it takes for you to write it! :p PLEASE MORE! [face_praying]

5. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Arghhh! I missed so much cool stuff!

Okay YodaKenobi, I have heard others saying that the last post WAS Star Wars, and I have to agree, that last post rocked! I also loved the appearance of Nom Anor and the image of the snow, that was one of my favourite moments so far.

I wish I had the net so I could keep up with this, but alas, i have to use my friends comp. for now and net time is severly limited!

I eagerly await the next installement, Though I will probably have to catch up again...More soon please!

Oh, on a Completely unrelated note, TahiriVeilaSolo69 will be putting up the next installement of Shadow Falling for me very soon, in case you were interested.

6. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    "Captain Solo? Did I hit the right button? I couldn?t see; did I get him? Did I get him?"

[face_laugh] Reminds me of one of the funniest moments in Buffy. She says "Did I get it? Did I get it?" after bending over with all her strength, impaling a demon with a stake she was tied to. After which the camera pans to a view of the demon being held up by the stake with her still tied to it. Did that make any sense? [face_laugh] Damn I miss that show. :(

And that train from Jedi Academy was the first thing I thought of. Great minds think alike. Or something like that. :p

Awesome post, YK. :D

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Alpha-synth: Heh, Dest really didn't want to make things easy for Anakin & company, did he?

No, he didn't :p If you saw two Jedi Slaughter a whole bunch of people on Tatooine, you'd be running for all you were worth too.

Thanks for reading.

Magnuskn: Wow! This was a real Star Wars scene! Not that you haven´t managed to write them before, but it´s soooo good to read. Timothy Zahn or Michael Stackpole couldn´t have done it better.

Wow, thanks [face_blush] I love Zahn and the DT books Stackpole did were great, so that's a pretty hefty compliment. Thanks again :)

DarkDroid: Bloody brilliant chapter YK!

Loved that Threepio line.

Just wait to see what he has to say later [face_mischief]

I can't say more about the fight scenes than what has already been said about them.

I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Swift_Wrath_SAB :WOW! As long as you turn out posts of that caliber I don't care how long it takes for you to write it! PLEASE MORE!

Next one will be up tomorrow or saturday, I think ;) Thanks for reading :)

Morgoth: Arghhh! I missed so much cool stuff!
    Okay YodaKenobi, I have heard others saying that the last post WAS Star Wars, and I have to agree, that last post rocked! I also loved the appearance of Nom Anor and the image of the snow, that was one of my favourite moments so far.

Thanks :) It was fun to have the Jedi doing something different than just fighting the YV in this chap, I'm glad it seemed like SW.

I wish I had the net so I could keep up with this, but alas, i have to use my friends comp. for now and net time is severly limited!
    I eagerly await the next installement, Though I will probably have to catch up again...More soon please!

Good luck with your comp trouble, I'll have chapter 4 up soon.

Oh, on a Completely unrelated note, TahiriVeilaSolo69 will be putting up the next installement of Shadow Falling for me very soon, in case you were interested.

I saw that last night, and am waiting for her to post it ;)

Whitey Reminds me of one of the funniest moments in Buffy. She says "Did I get it? Did I get it?" after bending over with all her strength, impaling a demon with a stake she was tied to. After which the camera pans to a view of the demon being held up by the stake with her still tied to it. Did that make any sense? Damn I miss that show. [/i]

I think it made sense :p I tried to watch that show a couple of times, but I'm not sure I get why people are so crazy about it :confused: Did it get canceled? I think they stopped showing the reruns on FX now too...

And that train from Jedi Academy was the first thing I thought of. Great minds think alike. Or something like that.

I've barely played that game :mad: need to finish it, but that level was fun :p and it gave me a good fic idea! 8-}

Awesome post, YK.

Thanks, Whitey :D

8. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    I tried to watch that show a couple of times, but I'm not sure I get why people are so crazy about it

Personal opinion, I guess.

Did it get canceled? I think they stopped showing the reruns on FX now too...

Yeah, the seventh season was the last. :(

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Personal opinion, I guess.

Yeah, I wasn't bashing it ;)

Yeah, the seventh season was the last.

ahh. Are you one of those people who are upset about that Angel show getting axed too?

The only TV show I even watch besides the news now is the Simpsons :p

10. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Yeah, I wasn't bashing it

I know. ;)

ahh. Are you one of those people who are upset about that Angel show getting axed too?

Of course I am. It was the only top 7 show on the WB to gain veiwers and yet it was still canceled. [face_frustrated]

The only TV show I even watch besides the news now is the Simpsons

Yeah, with TFN I don't have much time to watch TV. :p

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Yeah, with TFN I don't have much time to watch TV.

Tell me about it :p

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    post coming later.

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 4: Unfinished Business

Electrobinoculars moved away to reveal a pair of sharp emerald eyes, as Mara Jade Skywalker reached for her comlink.

"It's them," she announced. "All three; In the cafe."

"Are they all together?" Dif Scaur asked over the other end of the comm.

"Two are in the booth talking and the other is at the counter keeping watch," Mara answered.

"You're certain?"

"Yes, the YVH mouse droids identified them and I get nothing through the Force."

Mara had tracked the lookout from his quarters on Mon Calamari to the cafe after the Yuuzhan Vong hunter droids had identified him as one of the aliens, hoping he would lead her to other members of the spy cell. The spy cell Corran Horn had been searching for...

The spies had killed a Yuuzhan Vong Shamed One named Eiia, who'd sought to help the Alliance, and the task of finding the spies had fallen on Corran's shoulder's due to Mara's absence from the plant while she was with Luke searching from Zonama Sekot. Corran was never able to locate the enemy cell, and left the job unfinished when he journeyed with Mara and the rest of the Jedi team for Coruscant.

Now Corran was dead-- and Mara intended to finish his work. Corran had been a good friend to her and Luke, and a great Jedi Knight. Mara was also friends with his wife, Mirax... as much as she was friends with anyone. For Mara, this was her way of paying tribute to-- or maybe just a way to relieve her own frustrations, by completing a task that should have been hers to begin with.

"How should we proceed?" Mara asked Scaur. She didn't like taking orders from the man who'd created something of a rift between the Alliance and the Jedi, but as the Intelligence Director, it was necessary to eliminate the cell, secure Mon Calamari and finish Corran Horn's work.

"With as little incident as possible," Scaur insisted. "Wait for them to leave the cafe."

"They will separate," Mara asserted..

"Then so will your team. I don't want another brawl in the streets like Caster and Durron orchestrated."

Mara knew that Jedi Wrev Caster, Kyp Durron, Tesar Sebatyne, and Cilghal had attempted to save Eiia only to have it result in a fight amongst civilians and the death of the Shamed One.

"The longer we wait to pounce on them, the more likely they are to gather and transmit more information to the Vong, or commit another attack," Mara added.

"You have your orders," Scaur repeated. "Take them alive if at all possible."

With that, the comlink went silent.

Mara kept the string of colorful names she had for Scaur inside her mind and turned to the GFI security officer next to her. "Lieutenant Stellwart, tell your men to hold off; we're not going in."

Cenn Stellwart was a rather plain looking man, with short black hair and an angular nose.

He nodded. "As you wish, Master Skywalker."

Mara took a moment to survey the scene. She and a handful of agents were seated on the floor of a jewelry store, having set up their surveillance equipment after Mara politely insisted that the merchant close the shop for the afternoon.

Though the store window looked dark from the outside, the intelligence team could see clearly out into the bustling Mon Calamari street. Because they were more than a kilometer below the surface of the waters that covered the planet, natural sunlight was drawn in using a series of solar-relays that gave the planet's underwater cities a sense of day and night. The artificial sunlight streaming through the transpersteel dome was dim, but the city lights gave the team plenty of visibility. The streetlights kept the district so well lit at night, that Mara didn't really see the point of the sunlight system.

From the view in the jewelry store, an exquisite pond and fountain were present to the right, separating several businesses in the pedestrian street. To the left, the street was a dead end, lined with transpersteel windows that showed the dark ocean, decorated with the lights of submersible traffic.

Most of the businesses in the district were cantinas and hotels. There was a small swoop bike registry and club for the swoop circuit that had opened on Mon Calamari recently. Mara hadn't had an opportunity to see a race yet, but apparently the swoopers raced above the surface using repulsor buoys to map the course.

Between a pair of cantina's, was a small cafe, filled with patrons looking for less intoxicating beverages at the late hour. Among them were three Yuuzhan Vong spies wearing ooglith masquers to disguise themselves as human males.

Mara's view of her suspects in the cafe window was routinely blocked by pedestrians of all races; given the preponderance of refugees flooding Mon Calamari in the wake of the Yuuzhan Vong war, the native Mon Calamari and Quarrens were nearly a minority.

The heavy traffic gave Mara only fleeting glimpses of her query, but there were three similar posts in the area keeping track of the spies, as well as the YVH mouse droids, which to the naked eye appeared to be some of the many tiny droids that went about minimal tasks in the city streets.

Suddenly a pair of tall Wookiees caught Mara's eye. "Hey, is that who I think it is?" She asked, nudging Stellwart.

The security officer raised his own electrobinoculars and looked through to the Wookiees Mara had pointed out.

"Yes; it Councilor Triebakk and one of his assistants," Cenn confirmed.

"That's what I thought," Mara replied, mind racing.

The two Wookiees were headed for a restaurant two doors down from the cafe and the spy cell hiding inside. As Triebakk and his assistant passed cafe, the lookout at the counter Mara had been tailing for hours turned and nodded to his two companions in the booth. The man casually stood up from his stool while the two others slid out of the booth before making their way towards the cafe exit.

"No..." Mara whispered absently, remembering the attempt by two Yuuzhan Vong to kill the members of Cal Omas' advisory committee on the same day Eiia was killed. "Alert the snipers! Tell them to fire! Don't wait!"

Stellwart scrambled for his comlink before repeating Mara's orders to his men.

"Blast!" He swore. "The snipers are out of position now... you gave the order to stand down." They'd had several snipers with blaster rifles ready to shoot the suspects if needed.

Mara slammed her fist against the window. "Well get them back into position! They're going to do something to Senator Triebakk!" The Jedi Master got up from her crouch and moved quickly for the door. She couldn't let it happen.

"What are you doing?" Stellwart demanded as Mara forced the door open. She didn't bother answering and pushed her ay through the busy pedestrian street.

Mara made it to the sculpted fountain when two of the snipers had gotten back into position and discharged their weapons, dropping a pair of Yuuzhan Vong spies instantly. The third quickly realized what was going on and hid behind the now startled Alliance citizens. Screams erupted from the confused crowd as they tried to escape the chaos.

Mara ignited her lightsaber with a snap-hiss and the crowds immediately parted, allowing her to get to the other end of the street much quicker. Unfortunately she'd lost sight of the third Yuuzhan Vong and her head whipped frantically from left to right, sending the cascades of red hair around her milky skin as she searched.

Mara ripped the comlink from her belt and quickly spoke. "Stellwart! Where did he go? I've lost him!"

"Into the restaurant!" Cenn blurted in a panic. "He went after Triebakk!"

Mara bolted for the restaurant, making it to the entrance in seconds. She was immediately greeted by the smell of Mon Calamari seafood and the screams of the panicked patrons inside. She quickly identified the source of the screams as the Yuuzhan Vong had drawn his coufee and was lunging at Triebakk and his assistant in the pink-lit restaurant. He had the large Wookiees pinned between two tables and a wall as his coufee gouged at the younger male, stabbing him in the shoulder.

The Wookiee roared and recoiled in pain. Mara wasted no time, leaping down the three stairs at the entrance and rushing towards the mayhem. She used the Force to hop over a table and was there in an instant.

Triebakk slashed at the Yuuzhan Vong with his claws, a display of primal rage for a Wookiee, but the swing only managed to injure the ooglith masquer that the spy wore; the creature peeled away from him to reveal his true Yuuzhan Vong form.

Mara scissor kicked her enemy's legs from behind, a move that forced him into a stumble but did not drop him to the ground. Instead, the warrior whipped around and slashed at Mara with his coufee. She jumped back, but found no room as she hit the table behind her and fell to the floor, her lightsaber flying from her hand and landing under another table as the blade disappeared.

Suddenly the figure of scars and mutilations loomed over her as he attempted to stab her with his coufee a second time. Mara managed to catch his coufee-wielding right wrist with her hands and keep the living blade from sinking into her chest-- but the Yuuzhan Vong kept pushing. There was no denying that he was stronger than Mara physically, and with gravity on his side, the coufee slowly inched its way closer to Mara's heart. She strained and grunted as she attempted to resist his effort and her face turned red as the veins bulged in her neck and forehead. Mara's mind raced and she attempted to kick her assailant off of her, but his body lay off to one side, away from her strong legs, and with both of Mara's hands in use to keep the blade from plunging in, she couldn't get the leverage to move a knee or boot his way.

The coufee touched Mara's shirt and she felt the tip of the blade, ever so slightly, make contact with her skin. She couldn't use the Force against him, but she could use it.

Mara concentrated, called on the energy that filled all life, and located her lightsaber with it. Suddenly, the silver cylinder was yanked off the floor and activated as it soared towards her attacker. A bright blue light exploded from the Yuuzhan Vong's mouth as the weapon impacted the back of his skull.

Before the corpse could land on Mara, Senator Triebakk pushed the body away, and helped Mara to her feet.

[Are you all right?] Triebakk asked.

"I think so," Mara answered, rubbing the spot just below her collarbone where the coufee had made contact. "Is your assistant okay?"

[He will be fine] Triebakk assured. [You saved our lives; we are indebted to you]

“Uhh,” was all Mara managed, fearing the Wookiees might swear a life debt to her. Though logic told her that they would not, because she was only doing her job for the GFI and it was unusual for Wookiees to have such an arrangement with any sort of law enforcement, as they were expected to help others.

[If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know] Triebakk said.

Mara looked around at the chaos and the dead Yuuzhan Vong on the floor, remembering that Dif Scaur had wanted to capture the spies alive.

"Not unless you can keep Scaur from finding out about all of this," she replied dryly.

Luke Skywalker looked forward to these moments every week-- they were the happiest for him during this war. On the holocomm screen was an aging man with strong features and a younger woman with long silver tresses-- his old friends Kam Solusar and Tionne. Tucked in Tionne's arm was Luke's son Ben, now more than two years old.

Luke stared in awe at the boy, who seemed to be growing in front of his eyes. There was a great feeling of remorse as well-- Luke and Mara had missed so much of the boy's life. When Ben spoke his first words or took his first steps, they'd been off fighting the war or searching for Zonama Sekot. They were years and moments that he could never get back.

When they'd had Ben, Luke and Mara had sworn they would spend more time raising them than Leia and Han had been able to for their, but situations seemed to prevent it, as it had for Leia. Luke knew Ben was in good hands though. If his son turned out to be half the person that Leia's children had become, he'd be the happiest man alive.

"Have you heard from Han?" Tionne asked, pulling some of her long hair away from Ben's reaching hands.

"It’s been a week since he last called," Luke answered. "They will find her."

Tionne nodded. "Next time you do, tell Anakin to give us a shout-- we're dying to hear from him."

Luke grinned. It seemed the entire galaxy was excited over Anakin's return, but Kam and Tionne had been there at Yavin 4 to over see the boy's Jedi Training. "Will do," Luke promised.

"So Zonama Sekot is in the system?" Kam asked, switching gears.

"Yes; the Jedi Council is meeting tomorrow to discuss our course of action and will send our first envoy to the planet soon after..."

Luke stopped when the door to his apartment hissed open and his wife stepped in with heavy feet. Mara looked exhausted, her hair matted and unkempt, and clothes disheveled. Here eyelids appeared to be pulled by some great invisible weight.

Luke stepped away from the comm unit and embraced his wife. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine... just a rough day," Mara sighed.

Luke lovingly kissed her cheek. "What happened?"

"We found another cell... and they tried to assassinate Triebakk."

Luke put his wife at arm’s length, his eyes wide. "You're joking."

Mara shook her head. "I wish I was, but it seems like the council members my be a target-- that means you too, Farmboy."

"If there are any cells left," Luke countered. "You've stopped half a dozen all ready."

Mara shook her head. "Hard to believe there are no more cells on Mon Cal, or that there won't be anymore with all the refugees that keep coming."

Luke exhaled and rubbed Mara's shoulders gently. "Forget about all that for a minute; Look who we have on the comm."

They crossed the living room of the apartment they'd not lived in much over the last year, passing the dark red couch and ornate rug, and turning passed the wide transpersteel window that gave a view of the water that covered the world and the city traffic. Moving nearly into the kitchen, Mara stepped towards the holocomm and years seemed to melt away as her eyes gleamed and a large grin stretched her red lips. Mara's tired features became fully rejuvenated as she ran to the comm, dragging Luke by one hand.

"Ben!" She exclaimed. "Oh... hi, Ben."

"Hi," Ben said, excitedly, not looking into the camera. "Hi," He repeated.

"It's Mama," Mara announced.

"Hi, Mama," Ben repeated, continuing to reach for Tionne's shinny hair.

"Oh, he's getting so big," Mara whispered, echoing Luke's thoughts. "Well this is a pleasant surprise; I wasn't expecting you to call again for a few days."

Kam shifted uncomfortably as he and Tionne exchanged glances. Then he cleared his throat. "I wish this was only a social call, but we do have something that needs to be discussed.”

"Oh?" Luke asked, stepping in beside his wife.

"A problem with one of the students to be more specific," Tionne clarified.

It was Mara and Luke who traded a glance this time. Following the emergence of the Peace Brigade and the destruction of the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, the Jedi students were forced into hiding in the Maw installation. The former imperial development base was surrounded by a complex series of black holes, making it nearly impossible to navigate to without proper coordinates. It was thought to be the safest place to hide the children and was where Kam, Tionne, and Ben were transmitting.

"What's happened?" Mara asked.

"It's Valin Horn," Kam sighed. "He's left."

"Left?" Luke repeated, eyes wide in shock. "How can that be?"

"He stole an X-Wing and left," Tionne explained. "The boy has been a wreck since you delivered the news of his father's death, constantly begging to join the war effort-- he's restless and angry, Luke."

Luke grimaced. Telling Valin, his sister Jysella, and their Mother, Mirax of Corran Horn's fate was one of the most difficult things he'd ever done. Luke and Mara were close with the entire Horn family, and he felt guilty for not seeing Valin's anger coming.

"What do you think he's up to?" Luke asked, crossing his arms.

"Nothing terrible," Kam assured. "We suspect he's on his way to see you on Mon Cal. He just wants to be involved. You know Valin's been itching to get on the front lines since this war began-- remember what he, Tahiri, and Sannah did at Yavin?"

Luke nodded, recalling the three youngsters disobeying Kam and staying behind to help Anakin and Jedi Master Ikrit set a diversion when the Peace Brigade attempted to kidnap the academy students.

"I hope that is all he intends on doing," Luke said. “Rest assured if he turns up here, we will escort him back quickly.”

"Good," Tionne replied, wrenching her hair away from Ben's pawing once more. "We've lost enough Horn's for one war."

"How's Mirax?" Mara asked.

"Absolutely distraught," Kam explained. "I think she's ready for Booster to take the Errant Venture out and track him down. She really doesn't need this grief right now-- she's been a mess since Corran died."

"We'll keep our eyes open," Luke promised.

"Say goodbye, Ben," Tionne encouraged.

"Bu-bye, Mama!" Bu-bye Dadda," Ben said, looking sad.

"Goodbye, Ben," Luke and Mara replied at once. Luke could tell it broke his wife's heart every time they had to part with the boy, even over the comm, and her eyes glistened with tears.

"Really rough day," Mara exhaled, falling into a chair.

"Yes," Luke agreed. "Tomorrow the council will meet and discuss Sekot."

"I won't be going," Mara announced. "I've got to straighten this whole thing out with Scaur."

Mara wasn't a member of the Jedi council, but he'd hoped his wife and the other Jedi who journeyed to Zonama Sekot with him months before would attend the meeting. Luke had invited all of the Jedi on Mon Calamari.

"I don't think that is going to be very important anymore, Mara," Luke said absently. "This war is coming to an end soon; I can feel it."

14. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    YK: :cool: Thanks, buddy.

:D

wow, thanks :D I didn't really know where I was going when I started writing this chapter when I started, but it just kept unfolding and getting longer. I was thinking about having Han just catch Dest in hanger, but that seemed boring, so I had him jump out :p I remembered a Tram in the game Jedi Academy when you go to Coronet, so that seemed like as good a place as any for him to land :p

Aye... your insight serves you well... :cool: Great scene!

The interaction between Jaina and Anakin was something I really wanted right off the bat, as they spend a LOT of time together in this fic.

Uh-oh... I have a real bad feeling about this! :D

Glad you feel that way ;)

[face_mischief] :p :D

Well, I am highly suggestible and vulnerable to Jedi mind tricks :p

But I'm just an Ewok! Where's _JoD_ when you need her?! [face_mischief]

Electrobinoculars moved away to reveal a pair of sharp emerald eyes, as Mara Jade Skywalker reached for her comlink.

:D :D!

Superb post! As usual, great stuff! You have Mara's character spot-on, a great set-up, some superb combat action, and a nice change of pace afterwards...

[nitpick]Is 'milky' the right word for Mara's skin, though? Leia or Jaya, maybe, but Mara does have freckles in at least some of the novels... [face_mischief] :p[/nitpick]

Tionne nodded. "Next time you do, tell Anakin to give us a shout-- we're dying to hear from him.

Luke grinned.

'..."'? And, um, Farmboy...? :eek: :confused:

I have a real bad feeling about this...

"So Zonama Sekot is in the system?" Kam asked, switching gears.

Nice turn of phrase! :D

Luke stepped away from the comm unit and embraced his wife. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine... just a rough day," Mara sighed.

Skywalker moment! :D

"Ben!" She exclaimed. "Oh... hi, Ben."

"Hi," Ben said, excitedly, not looking into the camera. "Hi," He repeated.

"It's Mama," Mara announced.

"Hi, Mama," Ben repeated, continuing to reach for Tionne's shinny hair.

Aww! :_| :( :) :D

Superb!

:eek: :D

I can see his anger could be a problem... [face_mischief]

"This war is coming to an end soon; I can feel it."

Farmboy does realise that doesn't mean the Alliance are going to win? [face_mischief] :p

Hurry and post more! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

15. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    You know, I read this a couple of hours ago(when you posted it) but I forgot to reply [face_stupid] So here we go:

The action sequence was awesome, as usual. Why is it that the good Senators always get attacked and the bad ones don't(I know, stupid question :p)

Also, am I the only one that questions Dif Scaurs loyalty(both here and in the canon NJO)?

The stuff with Ben :_| It was so beautiful :_|

And I agree with Thrawn, they do realize that the alliance isn't gonna win, right? :D

:p

Great post, as always, YK. Post more soon :D

16. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    GREAT POST! :D Looks like this needs an...

U--------U---PPPPPPPPPP
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---PPPPPPPPPP
    U--------U---P
    U--------U---P
    U--------U---P
    UUUUUUUU---P

....like it? :p

17. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Good chapter! However, one little concern from me:

>>Triebakk slashed at the Yuuzhan Vong with his claws, a display of primal rage for a Wookiee,<<

Wookies *never* use their claws, if they can avoid it in any way. Using your claws is a sign of madness in Wookie society, and makes one in most cases an outcast of the same. Just a niggle from a Star Wars geek. :)

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter Three

Great action. Great also to see Han, Jaina and Anakin working together. I loved the dialogue - especially the bit about Anakin laughing about Jaina/jag and Jacen/Danni. Good stuff. :)

he wasn't sure why they went to the effort of not killing the Peace Brigade anymore; why they went out of their way to avoid it. In a similar situation with Yuuzhan Vong warriors, they wouldn't hesitate-- but then, there would be no choice. It was odd though, the Yuuzhan Vong were products of their own culture, where the Peace Brigade were just treacherous in spite of everything. He and Jaina had talked about the absurdity of it all on many occasions during the seemingly endless hunt-- the line between right and wrong was blurring further as the war continued. The path of the light side seemed to narrow.
    I really liked that discussion of the morality of the Jedi.

Good work. :) Absolutely loved the chance way they captured Ornax. Typical Solo luck. That bit really reminded me of the OT. :)

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter 4
    Good to see Mara kicking butt. I liked the contrast you achieved between Mara in action and Mara the mum. Very nice. :)

Poor Luke and Mara being separated from Ben. Enjoyed the Luke/Mara dialogue.

Ha - so Valin is pulling an Anakin is he? Good for him. He'll be missing his dad, poor boy.

Excellent chapter, Yoda. :)

20. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003

"Left?" Luke repeated, eyes wide in shock. "How can that be?"

"He stole an X-Wing and left," Tionne explained. "The boy has been a wreck since you delivered the news of his father's death, constantly begging to join the war effort-- he's restless and angry, Luke."

Oh, I've got a very bad feeling about this. Excellent chapter though, and Ben's appearance was really nice to see. I think Mara's right though, things are not going to be pretty after that last mess. As usual, great stuff, YodaKenobi.

JD.

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thrawn: Aye... your insight serves you well... Great scene!

Thanks, Master Ewok :D

Uh-oh... I have a real bad feeling about this!

[face_devil]

But I'm just an Ewok! Where's _JoD_ when you need her?!

Ahh, to bad then :p Have to wait for her to trick me.

Superb post! As usual, great stuff! You have Mara's character spot-on, a great set-up, some superb combat action, and a nice change of pace afterwards...

Thanks :D To be honest, I thought this post was really boring. I didn't like reading it or writing it 8-} but there is a lot of foreshadowing in it, and it will kick in in about 40 chapters :p

[nitpick]Is 'milky' the right word for Mara's skin, though? Leia or Jaya, maybe, but Mara does have freckles in at least some of the novels... [/nitpick]

That's a good point. Sometimes those freaks with red hair look pasty because of the contrast though (Just kidding redheads ;) )

'..."'? And, um, Farmboy...?

He's heard from Anakin :confused:

I have a real bad feeling about this...

I'm not sure I know what you mean again, but its probably good!

Nice turn of phrase! :D

I was afraid it was too "Earthly", but I guess they have gears too.

Skywalker moment! :D

[face_laugh]

Aww! :D

I know, I hate kids too 8-}

I can see his anger could be a problem...

Big time [face_mischief]

Farmboy does realise that doesn't mean the Alliance are going to win? :p

No he doesn't.

Hurry and post more! :D

aye aye!!!

Amos: You know, I read this a couple of hours ago(when you posted it) but I forgot to reply [face_stupid] So here we go:
    The action sequence was awesome, as usual. Why is it that the good Senators always get attacked and the bad ones don't(I know, stupid question )

Because, if it were pwoe or something, we'd want them to die! Thanks, BTW. :)

Also, am I the only one that questions Dif Scaurs loyalty(both here and in the canon NJO)?

No, and you'll see ;)

The stuff with Ben It was so beautiful

Quit your blubbering! :mad:

And I agree with Thrawn, they do realize that the alliance isn't gonna win, right?

Yeah, the Vong will win.... I hope I didn't just ruin that for everyone! :eek:

Great post, as always, YK. Post more soon

I'm working on it!

Swift_Wrath:GREAT POST! Looks like this needs an...
    U--------U---PPPPPPPPPP
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---P---------P
    U--------U---PPPPPPPPPP
    U--------U---P
    U--------U---P
    U--------U---P
    UUUUUUUU---P
    ....like it?

:eek: that was cool! Thanks for reading, Swift :)

Magnuskn :Good chapter!

However, one little concern from me:
    Wookies *never* use their claws, if they can avoid it in any way. Using your claws is a sign of madness in Wookie society, and makes one in most cases an outcast of the same. Just a niggle from a Star Wars geek.

Yes, I was fully aware of that, that's why I mentioned it as "primal". The Wookiees look down on behaving like an animal. I wanted to show how angry Triebakk was, and that he resorted to that because they were unarmed and the YV hurt his assistant. Don't hesitate to bring stuff like that up though :) as a SW geek myself, I want to know if I make mistakes.

Tahi:Chapter Three
    Great action. Great also to see Han, Jaina and Anakin working together. I loved the dialogue - especially the bit about Anakin laughing about Jaina/jag and Jacen/Danni. Good stuff.

Thanks, Tahi :) Yeah, that scene was fun to write, I'm glad you liked the sibling interaction.

really liked that discussion of the morality of the Jedi.

:D sometimes I just go off on those tangents

Good work. Absolutely loved the chance way they captured Ornax. Typical Solo luck. That bit really reminded me of the OT.

Tha

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    missed your post, JDH3, and I was out of smilies!!!

Oh, I've got a very bad feeling about this. Excellent chapter though, and Ben's appearance was really nice to see. I think Mara's right though, things are not going to be pretty after that last mess. As usual, great stuff, YodaKenobi.

Yes, Valin is up to no good. As for the mess with Mara, that actually does blow over when Scaur brings up more important things to the Jedi council ;)

Thanks for reading :)

23. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    YK: Thanks, Master Ewok :D

:p [face_laugh]

Ahh, to bad then Have to wait for her to trick me.

I'm sure we can think of something... :D

Thanks :D To be honest, I thought this post was really boring. 8-} I didn't like reading it or writing it but there is a lot of foreshadowing in it, and it will kick in in about 40 chapters :p

:eek: :_|

You're going to kill one of 'em... if not both...

Aren't you? [face_plain] :confused: [face_mischief] :cool:

That's a good point. Sometimes those freaks with red hair look pasty because of the contrast though (Just kidding redheads ;))

:p

He's heard from Anakin [face_thinking]

No, no... you forgot to close the dialogue! ;)

I'm not sure I know what you mean again, but its probably good!

That went with the "And, um, Farmboy...?"

Something to do with the Jedi at Eclipse "dying"...?

Oh, heck! Ben's there too, isn't he!? :eek:

I was afraid it was too "Earthly", but I guess they have gears too.

It worked! :D

I know, I hate kids too 8-}

I liked the sense that Ben doesn't really know her, but she doesn't see it - you do things like that superbly well...

Big time [face_mischief]

Hmm...

No he doesn't.

Uh-oh... [face_plain] :D [face_laugh]

And, now I come to think of it, there's no saying they are, is there... :eek: :D :D

aye aye!!!

Yub yub! :D

Yeah, the Vong will win.... I hope I didn't just ruin that for everyone! :eek:

:p [face_mischief]

There's a lot more of Mara the "buttkicker" then there is mom in this fic 8-}

:cool: :p

- The Imperial Ewok

24. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Excellent post, YK! :D

I sense that Valin will cause a lot more trouble than they expect. [face_mischief]

The Ben part was cute, even though I'm not a kid person. :p

Though I personally think that the Wookiees could've made the Vong assassin into their own personal *****. [face_mischief] :p

I'm sure we can think of something...

I have! :D

*aims the Eye of Plaiditine at YK's house*

Post faster, or else. [face_mischief] [face_devil]

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thrawn:
    You're going to kill one of 'em... if not both...

Who do I look like? Troy Denning? :p

Aren't you?

Have to wait and see [face_devil]

No, no... you forgot to close the dialogue!

Oh, duh :p thanks, all better now ;)

Something to do with the Jedi at Eclipse "dying"...?

I think eclipse was destroyed in SBS wasn't it? it was atleast discovered an abandoned. The kids and some of the Jedi are at the maw though.

Oh, heck! Ben's there too, isn't he!?

Yes [face_mischief]

I liked the sense that Ben doesn't really know her, but she doesn't see it - you do things like that superbly well...

Ahh, yeah. I think he knows her better than a non-Force user would in his position, but I think a 2 year old would have a hard time connecting with his mom over a "holocomm."

And, now I come to think of it, there's no saying they are, is there... :D

Nope :cool:

Whitey :Excellent post, YK!

Thanks, Whitey :D

I sense that Valin will cause a lot more trouble than they expect.

*Whispers* you're right [face_shhh]

The Ben part was cute, even though I'm not a kid person.
    Though I personally think that the Wookiees could've made the Vong assassin into their own personal *****.

Yeah, but Triebakk is old :p

I have!
    *aims the Eye of Plaiditine at YK's house*
    Post faster, or else.

The Eye of Palpatine? I'm suppose to be afraid of that asteroid? What is it going to do? I'm not even in my house, I'm still safe in my Y2K bunker where I've been since December 31, 1999. You can't hurt me in here; I'm invincible!

I'm all done writing!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] It only took me a year to write these three stories :p I'm all done! I've been working on TLF since February [face_laugh] Now if I could only finish typing it...