main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Locked Thread Reading List (temporarily suspended)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Artemis_Silverbow, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    For Luke and Mara, I'd go with the Queen herself, Rebelmommy. This is I believer her first: Zendala

And for a really good, and interesting short fic. This is one where Mara on her honeymoon, somehow sees Amidala in the mirror, and they talk. It is very very good. Also by the Rebelmommy: Mirror Manifest

2. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks padawan lunetta :) I should point out that I did, in fact, consider, "Zendala" as a selection, but it wasn't finished! :( I've got about two month's worth of threads to go through before I reach "Mirror Manifest," but it does seem to be complete.

Thanks to everyone who posted :) It'll be a few days before I update again, as I'm currently looking through candidates. I'm trying for something OT, post-ROTJ, or NJO for the next one ;)

3. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Thanks Artemis for finding all these great stories!

4. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Zendala's finished, you just have to have the right link, since they first thread had problems. (Which is probably why you wouldn't think it was finished?)

5. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    I did some checking, padawan lunetta. The link you posted is for a different thread than the one I originally found, but it isn't finished either-unless I happen to be looking right past the ending(which is entirely possible ;)). Where ever the completed version is, I'll find it. However, as I'm starting at the very bottom and working my way toward the top, it could take awhile.

Thanks to everyone who responded to the last selection :) Once again, if you'd like PM notification when this thread is updated, please let me know. The next selection will be up in a day or two.

6. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    FOUND IT! (I had forgotten it got her twice :D) This time for sure. (I Have some free time on my hands... can you tell? ;))

Zenda'la

7. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    Count me in for a notification. The stories I've read here have been nothing short of spectacular. I just read "Mirror Manifest", and tomorrow I'll get into "Zen'dala". My compliments to those who are unearthing these treasures. :)
    (No, I'm not just playing favorites either. Heheheheheh!)

8. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Sorry folks, but it's going to be a bit longer before I officially update(blasted Real Life :mad:). In the meantime, please check out the stories padawan lunetta was kind enough to dig up.

9. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    OK, I had a little time yesterday and I managed to find my 4th Locked Thread Reading List selection: Change by Senator Palpatine. The story takes place many years after ROTJ, and stars the grown up Jacen and Anakin Solo. It's longer and more suspensful than my previous selections, and Senator Palpatine writes about a few things that I wouldn't dare touch with a ten foot pen. What am I talking about? Read it and post a guess ;)

10. Echo_of_Artemis

Echo_of_Artemis Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2001
    Ok folks, Echo_of_Artemis exists for one purpose, and at this time ;) one purpose only: to make it easy for me(Artemis_Silverbow)to keep track of who wants PM notification of updates to this thread. Simply look at Echo's profile. If you're on her watched user list, you're on the PM notification list. If you're not listed and would like to be, send a PM to Artemis_Silverbow, and you'll be added :)

11. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Wowie wow WOW! EXCELLENT choice for the newest unlocked story. I've probably said this before, but I shall say so again; do keep up the good work. (Or, may your arrows continue to strike true, Artemis. ;))

12. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Cool! Keep it up! :)

13. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks, LordMoltar and Ginger_Jedi :)

I've been finding an abundance of JA fics, so I'll be using one of them for the next selection. Expect it in a day or two ;)

14. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Is it alright if I add on? I felt like doing some digging myself and I found a nice JA with lots of angst and mush!

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1708164&page=7

"Bring Him Home", By Lady Vorgunby

Enjoy!

P.S. I cannot get the dang address to link with the markup codes! Sorry about that!

15. Siri_the_Angel

Siri_the_Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    This is a great idea! Is there anyway I can help, with JA maybe?

16. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    To answer the questions of KenobisGirl and Siri_the_Angel, I welcome any and all story suggestions. If you feel like digging through the board, and find something good, please let me know. However, I would appreciate being sent a PM with the link, rather than having people add their own directly to the thread. That way I can check the story out(in the case of "Bring Him Home," it's a sequel of sorts, and I'd prefer to put stories up in order as much as possible), and let people know via PM when it's used as a selection. The fan fic police will not come and drag you away if you didn't PM me ;) so don't worry if you've already posted a link, but please, PM me first in the future.

17. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Does everybody know what time it is? It's time for the 5th Locked Thread Reading List selection: The Dark Intruder by Darth Tristeza. This story is Tristeza's idea of what JA#7, should have been and has some MAJOR spoilers for previous JA books, so tred with caution if you haven't read them yet. Oh, yeah, and there's some Obi-torture, and Qui-angst in it too ;)

If you'd like PM notification of updates(and aren't already on the list), send a PM to Echo_of_Artemis, or post your desire to be added to the notification list on this thread.

18. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    In the words of Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons", excellent. Another spectacular find, I must say. As I'm sure you've heard a few times by now, Artemis, keep up the great work. :D

19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *applause* Keep up the great work! And I LOVE reading new stuff! :)

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    This is fantastic but I do request if you could find a Leia fic...that would be fantastic

Am

21. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    My thanks to the few but faithful ;) The next story selection will be up tonight or tomorrow. I'm planning to go with a humorous piece this time [face_mischief]

Sorry, Amidala, but I haven't found any Leia fics yet :(

22. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    As promised, I present the 6th Locked Thread Reading List selection:Interview with the Sith by Geoff Morton. It's...well, it's.....it really has to be read ;)What I can tell you is that the Sith being interviewed is none other than Emperor Palpatine himself, and the story is played for humor(much of it of the ridiculous and/or juvenile variety-consider yourselves warned).

If you'd like PM notification of updates(and aren't already on the list), send a PM to Echo_of_Artemis, or post your desire to be added to the notification list on this thread.

23. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Wow, now that was one silly story. At least now I have an idea of where to go in my future autobiography. ;) Quite a good humorous selection. My thanks to you for selecting another winner.

24. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Some good reads here Artemis. Good work.

25. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks to LordMoltar and Kadue :) I was beggining to wonder if everyone had started doubting my taste in stories ;) Expect the next selection a day or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.