main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Locked Thread Reading List (temporarily suspended)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Artemis_Silverbow, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    My apologizes for the delay :(

And now, on to business! :D I present the 7th Locked Thread Reading List selection: Swimming Lessons by KnightMara, which, in the words of the author, answers the question: "How does a kid from a desert planet learn to swim?" The fic takes place between ANH and ESB and features Luke and Leia. Enjoy!

If you'd like PM notification of updates(and aren't already on the list), send a PM to Echo_of_Artemis, or post your desire to be added to the notification list on this thread.

2. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    You also know what I like- Obi Tortures [face_devil] Hehehehe....

3. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    I'm as shocked as anyone to hear these words come out of my mouth, but the latest story choice was quite cute and charming. I really enjoyed it, Artemis. :) My congratulations on surfacing another winner.

4. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Cute? You're not the only one surprised to hear you say that, LordMoltar. It's not usually part of your vocabulary. Usually ;)

Don't worry, ThatJediGirl, Obi-torture will return. I've found a few Jane Jinn stories lately. Last I checked, she was very good at tormenting the poor padawan [face_devil]

5. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    OooOooo goodie :) [face_devil]

6. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Ahem, well, um, it's not a NORMAL part of my vocabulary, but in some cases it still ends up being used. (They might be known rather well by a certain party who I happen to know rather well, since it does fit that certain party nicely.)[face_blush]

Obi torture? Okay, I'm in. :D

7. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    My sincerest apologies for the delay. I'll try to have the next selection up tomorrow night.

8. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    I can tell you're all just dying for the next selection ;) I'm going to try something a little different this time. Instead of a single story, I'm going to post links for two seperate, but connected, one-post fan fics. I present the 8th and 9th Locked Thread Reading List selections: The Loss of a Friend and Bant's Gift, both by Obi the Kid. Sorry Obi-torture fans, but there's no physical abuse of our favorite Padawan. However, there's no shortage of angst and h/c, so it should keep you happy while I finish reading through the Jane Jinn's I've found. Enjoy :)

9. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Yet again, Artemis, you manage to wrench words from this Lord's mouth that would normally not be uttered. :) Those had to have been two of the most moving stories I've read thus far. Quite excellent selections, of which I look foward to more.

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks Artemis. They are some great stories and thank you for digging them out :)

Keep up the great work!

11. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks LM and G_J(I hope the two of you don't mind my abreviating) :) The next selection will be up either tonight or tomorrow-I hope ;)

12. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Alright folks, it's that time again ;) I present the 10th(woohoo!) Locked Thread Reading List selection: Life, Love, and Rogue Squadron, by Jedi Gaeriel. This one's pretty self-explanatory-but be ready to laugh. The story takes place just after "NJO, Darktide: Onslaught," and includes some spoilers for that book, as well as at least one X-wing novel(Solo Command). Enjoy! :)

If you'd like PM notification of updates(and aren't already on the list), send a PM to Echo_of_Artemis, or post your desire to be added to the notification list on this thread.

13. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Quite a nice story choice. (It also helps that I just finished reading "Dark Tide: Onslaught" not too long ago. ;)) Need I mention to keep up the simply spectacular work at recovering these stories again?

14. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    As soon as I've read the NJO book, I'll be sure to check it out! :D

15. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Just read "Swimming Lessons". What a delightful little tale! Thanks for mentioning it here, otherwise I would have missed it completely. Now if I only had the time to read all the other great fics you're unearthing here. *sigh* But keep up the good work, anyway, Artemis.

16. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    I'll make an X-wing fan of you yet, LM ;)

You might want to have LM confirm this as he's recently read "Onslaught," G_J, but I don't think there are many spoilers, and certainly no big ones, for that book in the story. The spoilers for "Solo Command" are not, shall we say, crucial to the plot, rather they detail a moment of great comic relief [face_laugh]

Wow [face_shocked] Jane Jinn. Posting in MY thread :D Thanks, and I'm glad you liked "Swimming Lessons." You may be happy to hear that most of the fics I've used as selections so far are quite short. That will change soon, however, as I'll be using a story by a certain master/mistress of Obi-torture as my next selection ;)

17. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    On my word, I can swear to you, Ginger Jedi, that there isn't many spoilers in the story involving "Onslaught". :D (I'm glad it didn't reveal the rather shocking ending totally. But enough about that.) If anything, the story just touches upon minor details dealt with in "Onslaught", such as having Jaina Solo become part of Rogue Squadron. So you don't have to worry about having anything given away to you.

As for you, Artemis, I've been tempted to go through the "X-Wing" series recently. Remember, you already have partially succeeded by showing me the graphic novels some months ago. I was suitably impressed by those. So it's only a matter of time before I start up with the regular book series. ;)

18. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
  19. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    *Growls at computer*

Mental note: give computer a good whacking for posting my message twice, because the first time I sent it, it decided to stall on me. X-[

20. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Sorry about the delay :( It's been a bad week so far :_| Allow me to present the 11th Locked Thread Reading List selection: Hospitality by, you guessed it, Jane Jinn ;) I know there's been some debate about torture fics lately, so let me reassure you that what torture is presented in the fic is not graphic in nature, and is also not the focus of the story. It's more of a political thriller than a "beat Obi-Wan senseless" type of story. I hope you like it :)

21. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Moving into epics, I see. :) As always, a most excellent choice. (Actually, quite a surprising one. I'm normally not into stories dealing with politics, but this was really quite involving. I may not have read much of the other Obi torture stories, but if this was one of the more reserved ones, I shudder to think what happens during the unrestrained ones. Ouchies!)

22. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    *hack, hack, hack* Whew! That was so funny! I just got done reading "Interview with the Sith" and almost died of an asthma attack brought on by uncontrollable laughter. Too funny! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Artemis, even if it was almost my demise. "The winds of change..." NO! :D

And thanks for recommending "Hospitality", and thank you, LordMoltar, for the word "excellent" in your reply. :)

23. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    You are very welcome, Jane_Jinn. I remember on that story you had a list of your other works. I'll definently be checking that out. (But please say you're easier on Obi-Wan in at least ONE of those stories.) And to you, Artemis, I think it's safe to say I'll continue checking up on here for any further masterpieces. ;)

24. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Easier on Obi-Wan? Well...er...don't read the stories on that list, then. Wait, I'll be right back with a completely torture-free story for you, I just have to find the link!

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Blast. Forgot that Artemis doesn't want people throwing links into the thread willy-nilly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.