main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The London Film Club - A Chat about Films

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Happy Feet looks very odd.

2. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I took a few moments to check the official site. I don't know what I expected but defenitly no penguines :p

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i suppose it was only a matter of time before somebody brought up hary potter.
    is it me,or are they all looking a bit...old,to be playing schoolkids.

4. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Sorry :D

You know, the thing is, they are too old to play school kids.
    But don't all the 15 year old of today look way older than we used to look? :p
    Honestly I don't have a big problem with how old they look. I simply don't think about the age of the characters while watching the films.

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    You love it really Jamie.....Dermot Power works on the Harry Potter films don't you know :D

I think they look younger from those pics now that most have had their haircut. I prefer the longer hair look but maybe that's because of the current state of my hair :p

Great pics though, thanks Jule [face_peace]

6. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Clerks II is brilliant. Especially if you know about Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Transformers. Just ask OrnFreeTada, we both saw it a few days after it came out in America and agreed it's excellent. It's much the same as Kevin Smiths other stuff but if you like that kind of thing you'll love it

7. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    "the current state of my hair..."
    state being the operative word!!!
    ...i'm just bitter that i went and had my hair all lopped off...
    my lovely dirty locks.
    :(
    i didn't know dermot power worked on the harry potter films.
    interesting,most interesting...

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    lol Emma Watson is 16 and Hermione in the next one is 16 so she is the right age.

The other two are a year and two years older and supposed to be younger than Hermione, but no one ever looks their age anymore :p

9. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    sheesh,you wait all day for a harry potter geek and then two come along at once...

10. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Just like buses :p

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    ...!
    there's about a thousand replies to that.
    none of them appropraite for this kind of forum.

12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Why doesn't that surprise me ;)

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Back on topic.....
    Filming has begun on the third and in theory final Bourne film; The Bourne Ultimatum :D

I'm a huge fan of these films and pleased that Paul Greengrass has returned to the directors chair for this one. Apparantly the main villain hasn't been cast yet, but my future wife's ex, Gael García Bernal, has been approached. As a foot note Terry Gilliam is a big fan of him too.

Anyway, due out in 2007 this is already my most anticipated film for next year.

Bring it on!! [face_peace]

14. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    could there be a more anticipated film of 2007 than spiderman 3???
    a stellar cast,a cracking story and a director who promises to deliver his most outlandish film yet!!!
    and all wrapped up in the guise of a popcorn blockbuster.
    i.
    can't.
    wait.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Looks pretty exciting does Spidey

Although, Topher Grace to play Eddie Brock/Venom seems an odd choice. He's younger then Toby Maguire, and only slightly taller, and not hugely muscular like the Eddie Brock character is meant to be.

I hope we don't end up with a crap version of Venom, who is certainly the only reason I'm seeing the film. The Sandman & Goblin 2 don't interest me.

16. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    agreed. i thought they should have cast someone like the guy who played the alien bounty hunter in the x-files... brian thompson.
    but i guess it's all about the teen market,these days...

17. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    While I on the other hand, can hardly contain my lack of enthusiasm for another Spiderman film. Never been one for superheroes and I thought the first Spiderman film was dire, terribly cliched and uninteresting.

Am looking forward to seeing The Departed and All the Kings Men

18. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Spiderman 2 was a lot better than 1 (although both of them borrowed liberally from Superman 1 & 2).

19. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Speaking of liberally, I've found that some people spread make-up on their face in a similar manner.[face_laugh]

20. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Have you ever known anyone who covered their face in makeup then?

Other than Mark Hamill in the Holiday Special?

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I saw some of The Departed today.
    Looks good.

22. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I have a very nice photo of someone with a face full of make up if you'd like to see it, I'm pretty sure you know of who I speak. :D

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I saw Children of Men today and it was absolutely brilliant. Incredibly well made, visually amazing and the long one shot sequence near the end was a piece of pure cinema magic and made the RotS opener shot look very lame (more so considering that one was CG). If you ever feel disillusioned with modernday cinema, go see this to regain your faith. Best film this year I have to say!!

As for Spidey 3, not being a Spiderman fan I'm not that bothered by it. I'll go see it and will no doubt enjoy it, but I can quite happily live without it. I'd even place the Shaun of the Dead follow-up Hot Fuzz above Spidey-3 in the anticipation chart.

24. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Has anyone seen A History of Violence? Can anyone explain to me what it's all about or if they liked it? I watched it on DVD last night and was left feeling terribly disappointed. Not sure I grasped the film in anyway other than it seeming to be a sequence of terribly bloody sequences one after another. Not much plot, not much story and not much good about it at all. Maybe I am a philistine. Someone care to enlighten me?

Btw, L-T thanks for the recommendation for Children of Men. I must go and see this :)

25. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i don't know much about the 'meaning' behind this film,although i did see it at the pics mainly cos it was based on a graphic novel-steady,matt!-by the great john wagner,and directed by the equally talented david cronenberg.
    apart from the wife getting all randy at the thought of her husband being a psycho-killer,i really enjoyed it.
    you have to concede that the cast was superb,from ed harris to william hurt.
    i'm sure someones written an article about it expounding the virtues of this film.
    i just like to see a good and righteous whuppin' every now and again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.