main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics THE LOST CLONE WARS WEBCOMICS!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by QuiWanKenJin, Mar 3, 2021.

1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    Anyone remember those Clone Wars comics that were produced back in 2008 or so? They were online only, never collected in a TPB. They were exclusive on the official site, starwars.com and were actually written by Pablo Hidalgo himself, during the running of the animated series. Titles like,

The Clone Wars: Act on Instinct

The Clone Wars: The Valsedian Operation

The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters

I looked online everywhere, but it seems as though they are not available to read online or buy anywhere. I event tried to see if I could borrow them via Overdrive or archive.org. No Dice. Does anyone know where these can be read, bought or downloaded safely?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    ZV-83 likes this.
  2. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    Joe Bongiorno over at http://www.starwarstimeline.net/ hosts the these webcomics and various other "lost worlds"/out-of-print Star Wars stories, until such time as they become commercially available again.

AusStig and ZV-83 like this.
  3. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

I couldn't seem to find those comics on that site. There doesn't seem to be a search function. Do you have to contact Joe directly to get access? How would you do that? :confused:

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  5. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Cool! Interesting, it seems to be a download link only. But everytime I try to download one of the the comics, it says this file is too large for Google Drive to scan for viruses. Has anyone already did this that can vouch, that its safe?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  6. QuinlanSolo

Jun 17, 2019
    Downloading stuff can be like navigating Wild Space - hard to vouch for, as individual results could just conceivably randomly vary, but I had no problem with it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Thank you very much! I was looking for these as well.

8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I tried downloading those comics once and I couldn't get them to open. Has anyone successfully downloaded them from the site recently and been able to read them?

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What do they download as? File type?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Looks like the RoF/Evasive Action/etc ones are all jpgs. Alas, they do not show as images on this forum.

ex: http://www.starwarstimeline.net/images/EAEG063.jpg

(hehehehehehe)

I might compile them into a PDF when I have some spare time. That should be pretty easy. Might not look great because they're jpgs to start with, but IIRC the originals on the website were jpgs too.

The TCW-era ones are 7z files. They can be unzipped with several apps.

AusStig, Daneira and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Season One is a .zip file (with .cbr files you need to extract as well), 2nd season is a .7z file (with .cbr files), and the third is just a .cbr file and once extracted, you just have the comic pages. I was able to use 7-zip to extract all the files.

12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I think my problem was that I couldn't figure out how to open 7z files, which I've otherwise never encountered.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    ZV-83 likes this.
  13. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I really like Evasive action. Was a good read, which I only got from that site.

ZV-83 likes this.
  14. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
  15. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Converting all types of image files to a standard Adobe Reader PDF file readable on Windows and Android is simple with Soda PDF.
    https://www.sodapdf.com

16. QuinlanSolo

Jun 17, 2019
  17. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    What about those clone wars comic shorts published exclusively on star wars hyperspace from 2003-2005? I specifically remember one about the battle on Felucia.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think you mean the Evasive Action series and Reversal of Fortune, which is here: http://www.starwarstimeline.net/Evasive Action Reversal of Fortune.htm

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  19. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I should mention soda pdf allows for downloaded image files to be opened as well. I landed a bunch of PDF files on DVDs which were readable only on older versions of MAC OS. Soda allowed me to open the files in Windows 10 and convert them to standard Adobe Reader PDF files that can be opened in Windows 10, Android, and recent versions of MAC OS. I use Soda PDF instead of fussing with .CBR and related formats.

20. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    Does anyone know if there is anywhere online to read the Clone Wars comics that were exclusive to the Clone Wars Magazine and the UK Clone Wars Magazine? They were never collected in anything else, if memory serves. [face_sigh]

21. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    They are also available here:
    The Clone Wars Titan Magazine Vol 6 on the right column. I was also looking for them, and was fortunate enough to find this thread and that link :D

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Very good! But what about Clone Wars Magazine #5, #7 and #8? And Clone Wars UK Comics?