main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mafia Championship Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof, Mar 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Welcome to the Mafia game. Originally started by Mr. P, 'Let's play....Mafia!' has quickly become one of the most popular, and fun, games on the JCC. So popular the original thread has passed 5,000 posts and needed to be restarted.

For those of you who have never played the Mafia game before the rules, roles, and how the game is played is as follows:

Game roles:

Citizen - The object of the game for the citizens (i.e., everyone who isn't in the Mafia) is to figure out who is in the Mafia and kill them. Citizens accuse people of being in the Mafia and vote on who to kill during the Citizens round.

Mafia member - The two Mafia families work separately and are trying to kill the Informants, Vigilante, the citizens, and the other mob families members. The way they do that is by PMing the other members in their family and deciding on which players they want to kill. Once they chose a player to kill they pick a member from their family to PM me with the hit. I will announce that family's hit in the thread and that player will be dead. Note: Try and have some idea of who you'll want to kill before hand so if you can't reach one of your family's members you'll still get your hit in on time. If a family doesn't PM me by the end of their 24 hours they won't get a hit that round. Also, please figure out who will be PMing me the hits, and make sure your whole family is in agreement with the hit choices so I don't get multiple hits from different members of your family with different names of who they want to kill.

Informant - The job of the Informants is to find out who is in the Mafia and report it to the Vigilante and/or the Citizens. After the mob families have made their hits the Informants can PM me and ask me if one person is in the Mafia or not. If that person is in the Mafia, I will tell them, otherwise, I will tell them they're not. When the Informant finds out a player is in the Mafia they PM the Vigilante with the name of the Mafia member. At any time, the Informants can announce what they know to the other players in the game. Note: When PMing the Vigilante the Informant is only allowed to say the name of the player in the Mafia, and what family they are in. No talking about the game should be happening in these PMs. Also, please don't telling anyone, besides the Vigilante, who is in the Mafia through PMs because that ruins the game. The Informants can only announce what they know in the thread, but then the Mafia will know who the Informants are, so usually they're only good for one shot doing this.

Vigilante - The Vigilante works like this: Each Vigilante has their own Informant who knows who the Vigilante is and sends him/her the names of the players that are in the Mafia. The Vigilante then uses that knowledge to make a hit like the Mafia does. The catch is the Vigilante will only get to make two hits per game. The Vigilante is not allowed to respond to the Informants PMs, only take note of who they tell them is in the Mafia. The Vigilante can PM me at any time in the game with a hit, but they must use their 2 hits in separate rounds

How the game is played:

1. The game is played with 25 players. Of the twenty-five people who are playing, I will PM six players alerting them that they are in one of the two Mafia families (Tortellini or Fettuccini). I will also PM two other players alerting them that they are the Informants for this round, and two more players who will be the Vigilantes. Everyone else will be a citizen.

2. The game starts off with a citizen vote. During the citizen vote everyone posts who they think is in the Mafia and votes on who to kill for that round. Whoever gets the most votes gets killed, and I will announce if they were in the Mafia or not. Now remember, the Mafia can (and does) vote as citizens, so be on the look out for who votes for who and whatnot during this round.

3. After the citizens vote round the M

2. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    New game? If so, I'm in!

3. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Can I play too?

4. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Once again, I'm in. :)

5. Darth_Pozzi

Darth_Pozzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2000
    I bet Mafia! Part III isn't as good as the first two. ;)

6. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
  7. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    Darth_Pozzi - [face_laugh]

Players so far:

1. GrandAdmiralPelleaon
    2. slaveone_2
    3. Lieutenant_Page
    4. Pyrrhus
    7. goldbubbly

Edit: Added Pyrrhus, moved goldbubbly to 'lucky' #7! ;)

8. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 1999
    I'll give this a shot. Between this and the Gauntlet maybe I can get two names banned. :D

9. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    [face_shocked] i always seem to get spot 4 or very close to it...hmmmm any chance i can get you to change it to a random spot? i haven't felt that spot 4 has been to lucky for me 8-}

EDIT: Thanx Neck!!!!!! :D

10. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    I beat you to that Pyrrhus.

11. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 1999
    I assume the actual game won't start until tommorrow right? It should take at least that long for the spots to get filled. I've got to go to sleep soon.

12. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I'll do it! I've always wondered what went on in that other thread.

13. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I'll join *sniffle* Who here is gonna miss the original thread?
    _jOBO

14. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    I'll miss the great times I had in that thread, but it was just so glitchy I think it was time for it to end. It would often error up when starting new pages, and when I posted the link for this new thread in it earlier it failed to rise from the back pages. :(

Players so far:

1. GrandAdmiralPelleaon
    2. slaveone_2
    3. Lieutenant_Page
    4. Pyrrhus
    5. Ariana Lang
    6. Jobo
    7. goldbubbly

15. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm game. :D I'll kill you all. For I'am FID the Destroyer. :p

16. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
  17. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    FID has spoken of this before, I suppose one must live dangerous if one is too have fun!

May I join dear Sir?

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

18. Taun_We

Taun_We Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2001
    I'm in.

19. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    So whos the lucky mod thats going to ban all of you?

20. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Count me in! And, I think farraday is in charge of banning.

21. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Mind if I'm entering with a sock ? Only I placed a bet that I wouldn't be banned before I got 5,000 posts :D

EDIT - Because it read really stupid [face_blush]

22. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    If there's still an open spot, I'm in!

-Patches

23. Anakin2001

Anakin2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2000
  24. Nostradamus1214

Nostradamus1214 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2000