main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Over his first 26 games of the season, Delgado hit .196/.281/.262 with 1 HR, 13 RBI, 12 BB, and 25 K. In his next 11 games, he hit .268/.362/.488 with 2 HR, 8 RBI, 8 BB, and 8 K. He won't be an All-Star, but he'll end the season with something like .260/.350/.540 with 25 HR and 90 RBI and help the Mets make the playoffs.

~Mr. Prospectus~

2. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I was lucky enough to attend the last game in the Tigers-Cardinals series on sunday afternoon. (Won tickets in a silent auction that the local symphony put on. And good gosh they were FANTASTIC. Row 23 right behind the Cards' dugout.)

Justin Verlander didn't have his best stuff, but he was still logged a solid 8-innings of work. Craig Duncan for the Cards hit one out to straightaway centerfield at Comerica (quite a poke!)

Brandon Inge replied for the Tigers.

Gary Sheffield actually got the start in right, and had quite a bit of action. The fans in rightfield were going NUTS everytime he made a grab, chanting "GAry! GaRY!"

Detroit is taking quite well to the new guy.

3. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Verlander has tremendous stuff and he's a joy to watch. He's one of those guys who if I'm scrolling through the channels and I see him, I stop. Not many guys can do that to me. Here's the entire list: Pujols, Santana, Papelbon, Manny, Dice-K, Big Papi, and Verlander. Good company.

4. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Elijah Dukes threates to kill his wife.

story

This dude has been nothin but a scumbag, time for the MLB to get rid of him or do what the NFL did and suspend him for the year.

5. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Baseball won't do anything until there's a conviction. The most that'll happen until then is a fine, maybe a short suspension. But if it turns out to be true, he'll be in jail, not the majors.

6. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    How many weeks has the $18 million worthless Barry Bonds gone without a hit, much less a homer? what the heck! Yeah, non-giants fans will just jeer, but for us, it's getting sad. from over .300 to under .275, he's gone from mvp status to washed-up.

7. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I took great pleasure in his career average dropping below .300 (I think in '06). Bonds is a bad, bad dude. Sorry it has to happen to Giants fans though.

8. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    Uggh, so was I until he finally produced on sunday. I think his career avg is now .299, which is pretty much .300, so sorry.

9. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    Why is everyone shocked that Bonds went through a major slump? The man is going to turn 43 in July!

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Brad Lidge gets another blown save today... he faced three batters in the 6th inning, getting all three out, including 1 K. Not really the kind of performance you associate with a blown save :p

11. Darth_Deprecor

Darth_Deprecor Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2007
    Well, unlike Lidge, Armando Benitez once again displayed why the Giants desperately need a solid closer in his outing tonight. The man balked twice in a single inning, bringing in the tying run as a result of one of those balks, then gives up a walk-off HR to Delgado. He really needs to go.

12. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    It's not as if this performance was an isolated incident: I'm still stunned the guy has a job in the major leagues. Brian Sabean is an idiot.

13. nitinyenigalla

nitinyenigalla Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2007
    Do you know what Brennan i think you are totally wrong, he is 42 years old chasing Hank Aarons record and you think he is washed up, i totally disagree, but i do agree that he hasnt been hitting that good, but all baseball players go through slumps and i think it is very naive of you to think otherwise.

14. Surfer_With_A_Badge

Surfer_With_A_Badge Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2007
    Plus it's probably harder for Bonds to get juiced this season with everyone looking for it. That's got to affect his stats when he can't get the proper steroids.

15. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/eethit/arodLOL.jpg]

16. Surfer_With_A_Badge

Surfer_With_A_Badge Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2007
    That was almost as classy as slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand.

Way to go Gay-Rod!

17. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    [image=http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i74/_etnies/Finding%20Nemo/thMineMineMine.gif]

18. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    Yay, it's that weird guy ronald knows!!! [face_plain]

Anyways, you think I think ballplayers don't go through slumps? You don't know me, chum. And quote people when you want to reply. :)

Armando Benitez and his balk-a-palooza are gone. "Can you feel the brand new day?"-the Wiz.
    [face_dancing]

Actually, I'm a bit sad. That bs (blown save, of course) the other day added fuel to the bonfire, and in an instant it was doused. Ah, who gives a damn; bring out the champagne!!!

19. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    The Red Sox are really dang good. They've lost two in a row, but they'll bounce back. I'm predicting they take the last two and win the series.

Anyone else find it odd that Clemens won't be pitching against the Sox this weekend. I mean, isn't that why they're paying him so much flipping money?

20. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    The Red Sox have a very comfortable lead over the rest of their division. A baseball analysist whom was assessing the Red Sox's success (10 game lead over the second-place Orioles) lends most of that success to Boston pitching. I can't say I disagree with him, the Red Sox have a very deep starting pitching rotation, a good bullpen, and one of the best closer's in baseball. Add on top of that their very solid offense and I think it's almost certain we'll see the Red Sox in the playoffs this year as well.

And speaking of pitching, Benitez has finally left the Giants. A sigh of relief exited every Giants fan in America, I doubt anyone wanted him to stay.

21. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Joe Torre constantly avoided pitching Clemens in both Fenway and Shea (post-2000) during his first Yankee tenure, and his second should be no different. That is why Clemens should not be listed among the all time greats of the last 60 years that includes Koufax, Gibson and Seaver. None of those guys would ever let their manager tell them where not to pitch.

22. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    Speaking of Clemens, his delayed re-debut means he'll pitch, if scheduled correctly, at San Francisco in the end of June. Awesome, but I won't be able to see it, unless China cares enough to show the games early morning. :p

23. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm pretty sure he'll be healthy in time to face the high-flying Pirates at Yankee Stadium. :rolleyes:

24. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I myself don't rank him as a an all-time great, and Baron-Soontir-Fel pointed out one of the biggest reasons why: he doesn't have the heart of a champion. Throw in the fact that he tanked it those last four years in Boston and you get a scumbag. Ol' Rogah's a bad dude.

25. metal134

metal134 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    I'm staring to become a bit worried about the Indians pitching staff. Two thirds of the rotation look awful right now (Jeremy Sowers is having a nightmare season) and the bullpen is slowly, but surely, deteriorating. Sowers will probably be sent down when Westbrook gets back and hopefully, Lee will right himself. I don't know what to do about the pen. Fernando Cabrera went from unhittable to giving up runs every single time out, Hernandez has been awful from the start and Mastny is getting banged around all of a sudden. Shapiro better do something or the other three teams will be nipping at their heels.