main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Making of a Rebel (J/J, Enemy Lines tie-in, vignettes) - Author replies 03/13/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Jag would try to straighten out a wrinkled flight suit. I hope the man never trys to wear linen. 8-}

2. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    THat was great! [face_dancing] Seeing Jag work to fit in is great... and you've made it so perfectly believeable, so I can completely see him thinking these things.

=D=

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    See..what's great about that post is that it was just so nautral for jag to fly her wing and join twin suns..

WHAT HAPPENED! *sob* (In reference to being in d'nile not due to pro-fic)

ends being dramatic.

I also liked the description of WEdge and the dialogue between Tycho and Jag. And WHAT an entrance!

:)
    Great Job as always.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That was terrific, TKL :D Masterfully written. I love the way you are filling the gaps between DJ and the BEL books, and your understand of Jag is evident in every section. From little movements, his observations, and speech. The letter to his mother reads exactly the way one would expect it to :)

Also enjoyed the interaction between Jag and Kyrn, as well as Tycho. And I noticed you found a way to mention his backside o_O [face_mischief]

Will be interesting to see how this little meeting between Jag and Jaina goes after everything that has happened, especially now that she is his superior [face_mischief]

Excellent work, post more soon :)

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    You know when I wrote this post I had no direct intention to include the CSA. The darn thing sort of has a life of its own in my mind I guess. [face_blush] I read all these replies and thought, I must have CSA on the brains. [face_love] Or is it all my readers that do?

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Immediately after Wedge?s decision, I realized why Father used to shake his head and mutter my uncle?s name on occasion ? like the time I crashed Davin?s speeder. I did something far afield of reasonable course. In fact, this bold move may be one step farther than even Father will permit within my cunning game of avoid the glacierbeast that we?re currently playing.
    Full-blooded Corellian. [face_mischief]

I forgot to mention this part earlier. Great connection to DJ. ;) And the dynamic of Jag and Soontir avoiding each other is really funny, yet bittersweet too. Because although on one level Soontir would disapprove, and of course in his formal capacity would have to, on another level he remembers all the crazy things he did from his love for Syal. All he'd really want to know is that Jag is following his heart... [face_love]

7. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Brilliant post, my twin. We get more of Jag?s thoughts in another candid letter to his mom. I particularly liked his thoughts on his dad, comparing things as they are for him now being among the Rebels, and what he thinks it would have been for his father during his time with them. I?ve always thought that Jag has a deep abiding love and respect for his father, despite what was shown as a rather cool and detached scene between them in the only interaction we?ve ever been shown in canon. In his introduction in DT RUIN, Jag proudly mentions his father when he rescues the Rogues. More than anything, I?m enjoying how you?re writing a Jag who is a loving, loyal son, very close to his family, just as the way I see him.

?Then you must have the Imperial insignia tattooed on your skull,? Tycho noted dryly, turning down a narrow corridor.

From a former Rebel, Jag was inclined to get his back up at the comment. But something in his gut told him this was simply playful banter from one pilot who respected another, and not a slam on his Father?s honor. ?On my backside, actually.?

[face_laugh] Do I have to tell you that that was my favorite part? :p [face_love]

Jaina. His eyes ended on her. She looked as beautiful as he had imagined her the whole way from Hapes. Maybe a little more tired, but actually more relaxed than she had seemed in the past weeks. Relaxed, yet guarded. She was comfortable with these people, but Jag saw something else. Maybe it was the way she situated herself amongst the others, back to the corner, knees drawn up on her chair. Or perhaps it was the wary movement of her eyes as she recounted the events leading to Tenel Ka?s installation as Queen Mother.

He wanted to cross the room right then and tell her how much her letter had meant, how she had nothing to apologize for. In that instant, her brown eyes found him, and she hesitated in mid-sentence. There was only Jag and Jaina; there was nowhere else he would have rather been. Just as quickly, though, she looked away, continuing on as if nothing had passed between them. Suddenly the room seemed too full, and Jag felt entirely out of his element.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Hehe, that wonderful moment when everything stops, and the rest of the world cease to exist. You?re still the Queen of romance, mi gemela. [face_batting]

Have I told you how much I love this fic? *sigh* It brings back that wonderful feeling I got when I first read the J/J romance unfolding in the canon books. :cool: Thank you so much for that. [:D]

Can?t wait for more. :D

8. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    *dashes into thread* Whew - finally made it! :D

The Chiss always had a plan before implementation; it was the surest way to success. Jag, though, was not Chiss, even if he pretended to be. He was human, and therefore unable to deny the simple thrill in defying reason, daring to brave the unknown, taking a chance. He refused to panic. His ability or skill or sheer luck ? whatever it was ? hadn?t failed him yet. An answer was bound to present itself ?

No matter how much time he spends among the Chiss, he just can't change the fact that there?s a Corellian heart pumping Corellian blood through those veins. ;) [face_love]

As always, love the banter between Jag and Shawnkyr. :) I especially thought that Kyrn?s quip "I think it will take more than my sharp skills to extricate you from the mess you will likely find yourself in." was cute because, if they only knew just how prophetic it is . . . [face_whistling]

Tycho tossed the plane of his hand in the general vicinity of his eyebrow, and smiled.

[face_laugh] I just loved the contrast between Jag?s crisp salute and Tycho?s, well, ?Rebel? version.

?On my backside, actually.?

[face_laugh] =P~ Oh, what a visual! =P~ I had to laugh when you said that you hadn't even planned that in advance - the same thing happened to me when writing my last challenge entry. [face_thinking] Perhaps the CSA has powers that we don't even realize...[face_hypnotized]

Once again, I'm in awe at how much information that you can so beautifully portray in so few words. Wow. =D=

Great post, as always! :D

9. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    What's CSA?

10. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Canon Sanctified.... Bootay [face_mischief]

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Jade, Jag's backside is canonically bootilicious [face_love]

So it was dubbed the Canon Sanctified *Ahem*

Somehow when I write it just creeps into my stories. [face_blush]

*Must find that scene again*

12. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Ask and ye shall receive, EP [face_batting]

Dark Journey, page 203: "Watching his retreat was satisfying for more reasons than one. Jag Fel was one of those people who looked good from every angle."

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    And thus the birth of ALL ANGLES...

Bet you didn't know that ;)

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD AFTERNOON!

Some replies are in order?

BigFatty: yoink!

Yoink yoink!

EDIT: Lovely post as always, with the added bonus of yet another CSA blurb.

Ah yes, the CSA =P~

Aniakera: Poor Jag! Haha, they stuck the Imp in the poop closet.

[face_laugh] I love how you phrase that!

Ouch! Poor Jag. I wonder why Jaina isn't so happy to see him? Perhaps she's afraid of what he thought of her letter. She probably expected to have more time before having to face him again...

I can?t say that she?s not happy to see him, but in a crowd of friends she might not dwell on him too long?

That's why we love Jaggie! (I love Impulsive Jag.... We need a doll for that! Who was our Doll Procurer?)

Well actually we need a new procurer?

Wildcat: Great Post!!!

Thanks [:D]

WynssaStarflare: Wedge and Soontir really are polar opposites in some ways but so the same in others.

;) Exactly! It will be a recurring theme, much like Han and Soontir in Gpa Wars ;)

skywalker64089: The fact that Jag didn't take umbrage at Tycho's comment about the insignia joke was great. (hmm. Thoughts about a galactic diplomatic incident come to mind ).

Well he had to have some diplomatic skills if the Chiss made him one eventually. He?s younger here but he?s learning ;)

Chimpo: I like the letter and how Jag describes his feelings in it... We learn again something new about him...

Every time.

Hey and tattoo is there

ON the CSA no less [face_love]

Mrs Durron: I loved the letter, I loved the landing, I loved Jag's interactions with Tycho and Wedge (brief though they may have been), and I especially loved these two lines:

?On my backside, actually.?

?I think you?re going to do fine around here, Colonel,? Tycho said, smiling. Now why can't Jag always be written like that? I'd like him so much better. Hilarious.

Well you loved it all then [:D]

*squee*

So Soontir; so Wedge. Brilliant.

Too much testosterone there =P~

So an all-around. for this post with a little for the letter!

goddess45: ooo the meeting of twin suns... that will be interesting

Don?t you know it [face_mischief]

I liked this chapter I think it's my favorite out of all of them. Jag was a good mix of rebel and chiss in this one (I think anyway)

What you think is all that matters. I thought we were starting to see the Reb come out a bit :D

EP: Especially cool is the way you?re gradually trickling out more pieces of information about how Jag is feeling about everything ? the war, being way from home, his mission, Shawnkyr, working with the ?Rebels?, and of course Jaina. You?re really effective at working the show-not-tell technique on all of this. There?s only a little bit of real introspection but we learn so much about Jag.

Ah yes the fun part. Trying to show Jag?s personality without revealing too much of his inner thoughts. Fun fun I say =D=

Jag?s got a little bit of that Corellian smooth, doesn?t he?

Why else would we love him? [face_batting]

Priceless. One of the all-time great TKL lines.

Why thank you [face_blush]

Solo_and_Fel: Jag would try to straighten out a wrinkled flight suit. I hope the man never trys to wear linen.

Haahaa! Me too ;)

Auntie: :bawk:

[face_chicken]

Seeing Jag work to fit in is great... and you've made it so perfectly believeable, so I can completely see him thinking these things.

Well I try to do him justice. [face_love]

jade51999: See..what's great about that post is that it was just so nautral for jag to fly her wing and join twin suns..

Yes, yes it was :D

WHAT HAPPENED! *sob* (In reference to being in d'nile not due to pro-fic)

I dunno?

[face_thinking]

Whatever could be troubling you?

:p

DeNile [face_dancing]

Yobi: Masterfully written.

High prai

15. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Why else would we love him? [face_batting]

Yeah, I suppose the CSA doesn't hurt. =P~

Funny how the awesome piloting is third on the list. 8-}

16. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    He made it! Now the real fun starts. :D

Good post as always, TKL. :)

-Vicster

17. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    I guess I owe you a real reply.

My hope is that your brother Wedge will be resourceful enough to afford me the opportunity to forward these compositions sometime soon.

Interesting that he refers to his uncle as "your brother Wedge" instead of Wedge or Uncle Wedge. It shows that he's still not completely comfortable with the idea that Wedge is his family yet.

Some day I hope to spend a quiet evening with Father and compare our recollections of this verdant planet. I imagine his farmer?s heart would have loved it here, save the separation from the ones he loved most for duty?s sake.

That would be a cool conversation.

Two of the best pilots the galaxy has ever known, yet they couldn?t be more different?

So different, yet frighteningly similar too.

The Chiss always had a plan before implementation; it was the surest way to success. Jag, though, was not Chiss, even if he pretended to be. He was human, and therefore unable to deny the simple thrill in defying reason, daring to brave the unknown, taking a chance. He refused to panic. His ability or skill or sheer luck ? whatever it was ? hadn?t failed him yet. An answer was bound to present itself ?

In the beginning though, it was difficult to make the distinction. But those human aspects were always there. That much was clear when he made his entrance into the Star Wars World.

?One day you will not be so lucky,? his best friend said.

This part made me think of him at the end of Legacy:(

?I think it will take more than my sharp skills to extricate you from the mess you will likely find yourself in.? She wasn?t laughing with him, but the barbs were always the next best thing coming from the rigid Chiss pilot.

The lack of sense of humor in the Chiss make them difficult to write, but you do it so well.

Suddenly Jag felt a bit out of sorts. It was none other than Tycho Celchu, Wedge Antilles? best friend and executive officer. Perhaps the move had been too bold.

Busted!!!

There was no team of blue-skinned technicians racing to his clawcraft with a specially designed ladder so Jag braved the jump.

I like that despite the fact that he's thrown off, he's still taking some risks.

Saluting was the proper form of respect between Republic officers, and since Jag was throwing himself into this campaign one-hundred percent, he snapped a salute of which his Imperial father would have been proud.

He would have been well trained in the formalities. After all, Soontir Fel knows them all...

Things were obviously more relaxed here than Jag was used to. He parted his legs slightly and tucked his hands behind his back. ?I?ve brought a full squadron to aid in the defense of Borleias, Colonel.?

The beauty of stories like this is knowing what coming into this battle means for Jag.:D

With Shawnkyr striding their way, Jag thought it best to hedge on his answer. ?Our directive is to assess the situation beyond our borders.?

I wonder what he would have said if his second hadn't been coming towards them?

Luckily, Chiss emotions were difficult at best to read for a human, and he had learned by example to be equally elusive in revealing his true feelings.

He's amazing at it too. Very helpful when you don't want people to know what you're thinking. Wish I could do that sometimes.

Tycho watched them with some amusement; Jag watched Tycho, unsure of how to ask after Jaina. If he had done his calculations correctly, Vanguard Squadron would have made up time in hyperspace, arriving shortly after the Hapan freighter Tenel Ka had leant to the Jedi.

Heehee. I love it. The boy's already falling for her.[face_love]

?She seems quite?proficient.?

That's one word for what she is...

Nodding, Jag silently acknowledged the sad truth of war. Not everybody was cut out to be a soldier, but difficult times called for difficult choices ? or a lack of choices.

Sad but true. However, ma

18. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Oh, that's what it means.... [face_whistling] I was inventing my own acronyms.... :eek: [face_blush] [face_devil]

19. Saber_Girl_Jaina

Saber_Girl_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    Oo, I like this!

20. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    So i'm siting here and i read the explanations.

I start coughing/laughing (since at the moment i cant do one without the other) that my bed starts moving...

CSA--and the link with All Angles is great!

hope DRL goes away

21. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    For some people exams are over... I had only German and that was the only exams this year... rest at the beginning of January :mad:

22. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Remember exams are almost over.

Finally. :mad: Exams suck. That's all that needs to be said. And Chimpo, You have my sympathies. *pats him on the back*

-Vicster

23. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    *grin* I just noticed i'm in TKL's sig...i'm particularly pround of that phrase..

Random uping:)

24. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I found this a while back, then lost it, then found it again and finished reading. I'm really enjoying it. I especially like when you switch from Jag's POV to the letters. It's awsome.

Keep up the good writing.

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Better late than never. I realized I had a few more replies?

Lex: Funny how the awesome piloting is third on the list.

:eek: Is not!

Okay

:face_busted:

Vicster: Good post as always, TKL.

Wildcat: I guess I owe you a real reply.

I guess I owe you one back ;)

Interesting that he refers to his uncle as "your brother Wedge" instead of Wedge or Uncle Wedge. It shows that he's still not completely comfortable with the idea that Wedge is his family yet.

Great catch ;)

This part made me think of him at the end of Legacy

:_|

I wonder what he would have said if his second hadn't been coming towards them?

[face_thinking] Me too?

Hmm... Maybe even a full blown crush. I can just hear Briaun taunting. Jag has a crush. Jag has a crush.

She would the little pesk.

Aniakera: Oh, that's what it means.... I was inventing my own acronyms....

Now you know ;)

Saber_Girl_Jaina: Oo, I like this!

Welcome! And thank you :D

jade51999: I start coughing/laughing (since at the moment i cant do one without the other) that my bed starts moving...

Uhoh! Disaster is sure to ensue [face_mischief]

CtheS: <---- Couldn?t resist [face_mischief]

For some people exams are over... I had only German and that was the only exams this year... rest at the beginning of January

Exams are done now [face_dancing]

princess_melissa: I found this a while back, then lost it, then found it again and finished reading.

We like to be found. Of course if I?d post more it might be easier [face_blush]

I'm really enjoying it. I especially like when you switch from Jag's POV to the letters.

Well thank you. The POV switch is a new thing for me, so I?m glad it?s working :)

All righty, guys. Here?s the deal. I?m revving up to begin posting my latest novel on January 6th, but I haven?t abandoned this piece. I will shoot to update TMoaR at least once a month, much like I did with AA. Look for a new post here coming sometime after the Jan 6th premiere of Healing Hearts. ~ T?Keira

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.