main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Making of a Rebel (J/J, Enemy Lines tie-in, vignettes) - Author replies 03/13/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    OOOPPS! I missed a post, like a month ago.... sawry.

TKL, I really liked that the action was framed within a letter from Jag. And the tone and direction of Jag's thoughts and actions are true to filling in the spaces in RD. It is very cool that the "Chiss" Jag seems aware of his inner "rebel" (his traded bards with Shawnkry). And using Wedge and Soontir as the prime example of the two halves of Jagged Fel is perfect.

Looking forward to the first squad meeting!

JaY

2. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    ooh, these are good.

update soon?

please???

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Got a couple quick replies. This story will be updated on January 19th. Looking forward to seeing you all then. :D

jaynasolofel: OOOPPS! I missed a post, like a month ago.... sawry.

No worries [:D]

TKL, I really liked that the action was framed within a letter from Jag. And the tone and direction of Jag's thoughts and actions are true to filling in the spaces in RD.

It's a bit challenging to really speak in his voice, but I'm enjoying it. I'm glad you are too.

It is very cool that the "Chiss" Jag seems aware of his inner "rebel" (his traded bards with Shawnkry).

To me it only makes sense that he would be self aware of some of those tendencies. Even as early as Ruin we could see his need to rebel.

aurrasingrules101: ooh, these are good.

Thank you.

update soon?
    please???

See announcement above. Coming soon...

4. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Can't wait for the update here or for Healing Hearts. It's really fun getting to experince Jag in the world the Force Eveolution Series has created for him (only pre-Echoes).

5. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Wildcat cool colors you got there ;)

6. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    One More Week! :D

-Vicster

7. Melissa_Fel13

Melissa_Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    You're stories are what I live for TKL. Lol. Now if I could stop being lazy and read the Dark Nest Trilogy, I could actually read your other new story...On second thought, do I really have to read the Dark Nest books? *is super lazy and has heard bad things like Jaina and Jag not being together in the Dark Nest books* I can't bring myself to read them if they're not together...

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Tidying up loose ends before tomorrows post...Teaser in the Cantina shortly

Wildcat: Can't wait for the update here or for Healing Hearts. It's really fun getting to experince Jag in the world the Force Eveolution Series has created for him (only pre-Echoes).

Oh you ladies are going to like this one [face_love] Jag like you remember and love him. =P~

Chimpo: Those are cool colors.

Viscter: One More Day!

Melissa_Fel13: You're stories are what I live for TKL.

Now that's a compliment. Thank you.

Now if I could stop being lazy and read the Dark Nest Trilogy, I could actually read your other new story...On second thought, do I really have to read the Dark Nest books?

The only story I write that it would help to have read DN is Splinters. T

*is super lazy and has heard bad things like Jaina and Jag not being together in the Dark Nest books* I can't bring myself to read them if they're not together...

Well they're not bad books at all. I would have chosen to tell a different story at that point in the Star Wars EU - rather than focusing on the old guard I would have given the younger generation their time to shine. But they are still good books. No one writing fanfic has half the talent of Denning; or a stick to shake at him about it IMHO. That's why he is a pro, and we aren't. ;) I'd say they are worth the read.

9. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Day Three
    Borleias: 31st standard day of Republic liberation

My Dearest Mother,

I?m recording this message via dictation tonight. I prefer to type my letters, but it?s just not possible. Currently I am reclining in a conforming chair on loan from Uncle Wedge. Sitting up straight hurts too much. Even if I could have sat at my makeshift desk, my right hand ? no, my whole right arm ? aches to the point of distraction. Not to mention my swollen eye, which makes it nearly impossible to read a datascreen anyway.

At this point you must be wondering what happened. Did I fall victim to an enemy attack? Did I crash my clawcraft? The misfortune that befell me was none of those things, I assure you. In fact, my injuries would be more appropriately catalogued as friendly fire.

My day started out routinely enough. I rose early, wanting to take a morning run before the Rebels? standard work shift. The night before had left me a bit out of sorts, and I wanted to be sure I had made the right decision for all concerned. A strenuous run was just the thing I needed to clear my head. After consulting one of the security patrol sergeants, I determined the safe zone around the base perimeter and set out on my morning excursion.

I think they use the term ?safe? a bit too lightly. Or better yet, no one appraised them of the phantom menace lurking in the jungle?

Breath roaring through his lungs, Jag ducked under a low limb, straightened, then proceeded along the jungle path without ever breaking the rhythmic cadence of his stride. The morning air was thick with moisture, but the oxygen content here was slightly higher than on Hapes, so he didn?t feel like the change in atmosphere was affecting his progress. The only hindrance to his run was the dense foliage crisscrossing in every direction. He was constantly on guard for obstacles; perhaps that was why he was caught completely unaware when he practically bounced off the person who came crashing out of a thicket of trees.

?Hey!?
    ?Watch it ??

Thrummmmm.

Holding his ragged breath for fear of moving a millimeter closer to the violet blade pointing at his chest, Jag stood frozen where his run had abruptly ended. At the other end of the buzzing blade, Jaina?s stance was a classic Changaran guard - with a lightsaber added. Sweat trickled down her brow and she heaved for air. She looked like a warrior princess.

?Oh.? She extinguished the lightsaber and slapped it to her belt faster than Jag could blink. ?It?s just you.?

Jag let out a long hiss of air. ?Sorry to disappoint.?

?You didn?t,? Jaina called over her shoulder as she sprinted away. For a couple of thundering heartbeats, he watched her tail of hair bounce out of view. ?Aren?t you coming, Colonel?? her voice wafted from the jungle.

Jag gave chase. Jaina ran through the undergrowth, close enough he could follow, but far enough he wondered if he might lose her. She dipped and bobbed through draper palms and kanso vines with uncanny grace. Stutter-stepping, she sprang into the air and flipped over a fallen log before resuming her playful race. Even in prime condition, Jag had to push to keep up.

His body beginning to protest the exertion, he burst from the jungle mere meters from the barracks where he had been berthed. Jaina waited bent over, her hands on her knees.

?Nice...run,? she panted.

?Thanks.? Jag walked in a circle. While his back was to her, he pressed two fingers into the knot of muscles forming under his ribs. He completed the circle, trying to look as nonchalant as possible. ?You too.?

Walking to the barracks wall, Jaina retrieved a bottle and towel. She took a swig of water, then held it outstretched. ?You want a drink??

Jag had a hard time focusing on her hand; his eyes found the rivulet of water at the edge of her lips far more enticing.

?Jag??

?Oh.? He eyed the bottle. ?No, thank you.?

?You won?t catch the Rebel virus, if that?s what you?re worried about.?

?I?m not worried.? He allowed th

10. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Mine!

EDIT: Two first replies in a row! I think that deserves a reward--say a name clue?

?Let?s just do it naked.?

Just wait till the boys get in here... :rolleyes:

Excellent post as always. I love learning more about Jag by listening to him talk to Syal.

11. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    In fact, my injuries would be more appropriately catalogued as friendly fire.

One of the first rules they taught us in officer school was "Friendly fire isn't." I think an exception can be made in this case though :p

Jaina?s stance was a classic Changaran guard - with a lightsaber added. Sweat trickled down her brow and she heaved for air. She looked like a warrior princess.

I love that mental image! :D =D=

Every fiber in Jag?s body wanted to smile; he loved a challenge.

I have gotten that impression several times in profic. He's a Correllian alright, you just have to dig past the Chiss training to see it.

His little sister had never thought biting or kicking was beneath her. Whatever it took to win. He was beginning to think Jaina felt the same way.

[face_laugh] Husband has to be careful when we're wrestling too. Tickling is my friend [face_devil]

?I wanted to ask you something while I was still on top of things.?

ROTFLMAO!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D=

12. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Suddenly, the closest eyebrow arched and she craned her neck to meet his curious stare. ?Let?s just do it naked.?

Jag coughed, or possibly gasped. He wasn?t sure. ?Naked??
    [face_laugh]!!!!!

?Hand to hand.?

?That sounds like we?re talking a holiday stroll.? Jaina walked to the center of the mats and assumed a guarded stance, then leveled her gaze in his direction. ?Just naked.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Holiday stroll indeed?

falling to the mat face first. Nice, Jag, way to get your butt kicked by Jaina? [face_laugh]

As she squirmed beneath him, Jag said, ?I looked over the squadron list. I think we might need to make some adjustments to make the Trickster ploy work.? I love how they just keep up a nice conversation. And I?m so proud of Jag for not locking up in awkwardness at this particular moment! ;) [face_laugh]

?It?s not ?? He seized her wrists before she could do any real damage ?? your uncle?s squadron anymore. Do what you must to protect your pilots.? =D= Well said, Jag!

He wasn?t sure if her delicious grin was because his wrist was looking more and more like an appetizer or because she truly liked that he submitted to her whim. [face_laugh] Well, I can?t say I blame her. I?d devour every bit of Jag that I could get! [face_mischief]

?You see, I?m not only a Jedi. I?m also the daughter of the best sabaac player in the galaxy. So if you think you just beat me on the first two, you can think again. I let you win. That?s called not showing your hand. I think the Trickster Goddess would be a bit of a Rebel, so she?s not a stretch for me to play,? she said with a feral smirk. ?Yield?? Hm. You just got told, Jaggie. Ouch.

?Oh. Right.? Jaina had followed his gaze with her own. ?I wanted to ask you something while I was still on top of things.? [face_laugh] !!!!

That was sooo good, Commander! Very flirty and just how I'd imagine the two of them to spar, multitasking and all. Well done, Boss! =D= I've missed these vigs so much!

~Squishy

13. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    oh, wow! that's the best thing i've read in a very long time. Excellent, can't wait for more.

14. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    My spot!!!

Darn it! I had a whole post typed out then my computer shut itself down.:(

I'll just have to try again.

TKL: Fabulous Post!

Currently I am reclining in a conforming chair on loan from Uncle Wedge.

So it's Uncle Wedge now huh? Interesting.

In fact, my injuries would be more appropriately catalogued as friendly fire.

[face_laugh] Yeah. But I think he enjoyed getting them:D

He was constantly on guard for obstacles; perhaps that was why he was caught completely unaware when he practically bounced off the person who came crashing out of a thicket of trees.

Haha. I can totally sympathize. That's happened to me so many times.[face_blush]

She looked like a warrior princess.

Heehee. You know, all of a sudden I can hear Elvis singing

Wise men say
    Only fools rush in
    But I can't help falling in love with you.

For a couple of thundering heartbeats, he watched her tail of hair bounce out of view.

Interesting how he focuses on that:D

Even in prime condition, Jag had to push to keep up.

The fact that he can even keep up with her is saying something. That's part of why he's so good for her. Because he's one of the few who can actually keep up with her.

Jag had a hard time focusing on her hand; his eyes found the rivulet of water at the edge of her lips far more enticing.

It's getting a little warm in here.[face_love]

He catches way more than that[face_mischief]

?How about we meet now?? She wiped the towel along the bare skin above her tank, then her arms, and then her legs. She paused with the towel on her right calf and glanced up. ?You there, flyboy??

Heehee. She's got him in a daze.

He blinked, then bit the inside of his cheek. Had he been staring like a fair-haired fool?!

Yep. It takes a lot to make Jag Fel lose focus so this is great!

Every fiber in Jag?s body wanted to smile; he loved a challenge. He fought the urge, and answered straight-faced. ?Chiss have no fear.?

He's really good at the stoicism. To a point.

Her eyes raked Jag from top to bottom. ?You don?t look very Chiss.?

Yeah. I'll bet that's not the only thing she's noticed about him.[face_mischief]

There was something genuinely refined to the outline of her face and neck that stood out in sharp relief to the scrappy fighter he knew her to be.

And he notices her too.:D

Suddenly, the closest eyebrow arched and she craned her neck to meet his curious stare. ?Let?s just do it naked.?

Woah! I think the temperature just went up a few more notches.

?For a Chiss your mind sure can wallow in the gutter with the best of my male counterparts.? She

I have to admit, mine was in the gutter too.

?Hand to hand.?

?That sounds like we?re talking a holiday stroll.? Jaina walked to the center of the mats and assumed a guarded stance, then leveled her gaze in his direction. ?Just naked.?

?Junothian, one of the few Chiss styles I do know.? Jaina?s booted feet came into his field of vision.

Hmm... Interesting. I wonder where she learned about that?[face_thinking]

Neither of them let go immediately.

And The King is Back...

Take my hand
    Take my whole life too
    For I can't help falling in love with you.

For the second time in a minute she had blindsided him.

And that takes a lot. I guess he's distracted:D

Landing like a predatory animal, crouched on all fours, Jaina grinned up at him. ?Always prepared, aren?t you??

?I try.? Jag circled her.

Heehee. I love the banter. They do it so well.

?Pilots need stamina.? He snagged her right arm.

For more than just flying.

?Some of the pilots are good.? Jag locked her forearm in a tight hold before she could maneuver it close to the pain point by his right knee. ?But a few only earned their spo

15. alanna_mara

alanna_mara Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    That was awsome. By far the funnest thing that I have read in a long time. The whole sparring thing was great and the to have Kyp walk in like that just topped everything off. Fantastic. :D

16. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *flops onto chair, finally caught up*

TKL, what a wonderful concept! I adore Jag's letters to his mother, that he shares so much in those letters. What mother wouldn't cherish such a son?

All I can say is, his momma raised him right!

=D= Another fantastic effort.

oldj

17. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I got in so much trouble for laughing but i t was worth it. This was so great!!

and that's how Kyp Durron found us.

great job TKL!! I loved it. can't wait for the enxt post.

18. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Jag got beat up by a girl! I guess he learned the hard way that Jaina is always in charge...

I laughed so hard in so many places. Great post!

19. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    "glacierpanther" [face_thinking] "warrior princess" :cool:

TKL,
    WOW! Awesome post! HOT. I hope Jag left some details out, so his mom didn't pick up on all that sexual tension. And Kyp catching them sparring is perfection. You did an amazing job fleshing out their combat - I felt like I was there! Their conversation about Shawnkyr was interesting too- nice touch.

JaYsFavLines:
    Yes, yes he will!

Her eyes raked Jag from top to bottom. ?You don?t look very Chiss.?
    Yah, blue skin, sure that is what she was looking for.

There was something genuinely refined to the outline of her face and neck that stood out in sharp relief to the scrappy fighter he knew her to be.
    It is so nice that Jag can see the refined beauty that Jaina tries to hide deep down. Beautiful line, Commander.

*spits diet sprite across screen*

?I give us two.?
    ?Oh, so you?re an optimist.?

BAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Dangerous thoughts entered his mind.
    :eek:

?Would you be my second??
    "I do... err, I mean..."

I can't wait to see where this goes.... (oh wait, the ship hitz an iceberg-- ssseeee-sssseeee-sseeee)

'night
    SPaYba - I mean JaY

20. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    That was a funny part :)

I liked the naked line [face_mischief]

That spar was in a way very erotic :D Lots of sexual tension between them. Jag was losing it at one point and Jaina knew it. Hehe they don't even know what hit them. They are just inches from falling in [face_love]

21. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Wow. (Where's that cold shower smilie when you need it? ;))

Jag coughed, or possibly gasped. He wasn?t sure. ?Naked??

?For a Chiss your mind sure can wallow in the gutter with the best of my male counterparts.? She punched him in the arm. ?Naked. It?s a figure of speech, Jag. No weapons. Just you and me.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Priceless!!

And the fact that Kyp walked in on them at the end was just too funny for words! [face_laugh]

I can?t say it was the way I would have chosen the first meeting of Twin Suns to go, but I have a sneaking suspicion that nothing is going to go as I?d like it. Fortunately, that idea doesn?t scare as much as I would have thought.

Sounds like poor Jag is getting the hint that maybe he's not as in control as he thought.

Great post, as always! :D

22. Master_Vicky

Apr 29, 2003
    This post definitely made my "Favorite posts from fanfiction" list. I love it! :D

-Vicster

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi there TSF. I guess if you're Auntie, I must be Granny. ;)

I like the way it implied that the attraction between the two is part of the natural order of things, just like gravity.

Now if I can just convince the profic authors of that.

Well when you do, have a go at them about the same problem as regards Anakin and Tahiri. :)

Now for the post:

"You proceeded with haste."

"Such tactics have yet to fail me."

"One day you will not be so lucky," his best friend said.

She almost sounds happy about that. LOL

Suddenly Jag felt a bit out of sorts. It was none other than Tycho Celchu, Wedge Antilles? best friend and executive officer. Perhaps the move had been too bold.
    Uh-oh! Trouble.

Interesting to see Jag so nervous, though. As I said - I didn't pay much attention to the Jag bits in the books, so it's fascinating to see him portrayed with a bit more depth and focus. I guess he's used to having to do things by the book, and probably being constantly reprimanded if he's more than a millimetre out of place.

"Judging from that landing your performance standards will benefit our cause."

"Ah."

"Afraid it had gone unnoticed?" Tycho led him into an aging building.

Hee hee - good old Tycho. Nice portrayal of him BTW. I've always had a soft spot for Wedge and Tycho.

I liked the way you captured that little moment when J and J held each other's gaze. Just one little heartbeat moment. Lovely.

I'm enjoying the structure with the letter interposed by the events of the day. The formality and verbosity of his style when writing to his mum contrasts nicely with the everyday dialogue - funny how we always seem to write differerntly from how we speak. Of course - communicative styles vary a lot from family to family, too - and personality comes into it. :)

Enjoyed the post muchly. :)

24. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow. Just? wow. :eek:

Now that is what I call one hot chapter! =P~ [face_hypnotized] [face_whistling] [face_love]

Seriously, EP, you haven?t missed a beat in writing that great banter. It?s so charged with sexual tension you can almost feel it. =D= Awesome from start to finish. :D

Holding his ragged breath for fear of moving a millimeter closer to the violet blade pointing at his chest, Jag stood frozen where his run had abruptly ended.
    [face_laugh] What a great image! And just goes to show how much willpower Jag has. A lesser man probably would have screamed. [face_mischief]

Weehoo! [face_batting] He?s got it bad.

Great zinger! :D That?s a very Jaina line.

?You there, flyboy??
    Busted! :oops:

Jag coughed, or possibly gasped. He wasn?t sure.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Caught with his pants down, as we say. :D

?Hand to hand.?
    ?That sounds like we?re talking a holiday stroll.?

Another great Jaina line! [face_dancing]

Twin Suns should go down in a blaze of glory in the first sortie.?
    ?I give us two.? Jag broadened his stance, balancing on the balls of his feet.
    ?Oh, so you?re an optimist.?

Such great banter! [face_love] They?re getting along so well already.

?You see, I?m not only a Jedi. I?m also the daughter of the best sabaac player in the galaxy. So if you think you just beat me on the first two, you can think again. I let you win. That?s called not showing your hand. I think the Trickster Goddess would be a bit of a Rebel, so she?s not a stretch for me to play,? she said with a feral smirk. ?Yield??
    [face_dancing] Go Jaina! Go Jaina! [face_dancing]

?Oh. Right.? Jaina had followed his gaze with her own. ?I wanted to ask you something while I was still on top of things.?
    Yep. It?s definitely hot in here. *fans self*

So that is how Kyp Durron found us.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Perfect. Simply perfect.

25. Master_Vicky

Apr 29, 2003
    Up while waiting for the next post. :)

-Vicster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.