main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph The Man In The High Castle

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTerminator, Dec 30, 2015.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Unfortunately season 4 is the final one in the series, but what do you guys think. Do you believe that the show will have some sequels, prequels or even spin offs ?

I believe that it might happen, too early tell, but I do anticipatie that something like that is down the road.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 6

Oct 28, 2014
    I can't imagine the show will go beyond the story of the novel it's based on.

4. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah but there is sorta talks about it, it would not be the first or the last time that it happens when entertainment makes sequels prequals or spin offs that never where novels around the story of the book itself.. Take for example, the lord of the rings tv series, jurassic park 3, jurassic world movies,

My point is that they where never novel written by the authors but the stories and etc still continued afterwards.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess we'll see.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    New teaser for the Fourth and final season of the show, courtesy of Comic Con.

soitscometothis likes this.
  7. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Can't wait for the season!

Also am excited that Spotnitz will be making a Warhammer 40k series.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I had seen the main stars were at Comic Con, but I can't seem to find a video of the recent panel.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I finally watched through the final season of the series. I'm gonna miss watching the series as I was really into the characters and story. It had one heck of an ending. Now I've gotta read the novel sometime.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So I read Phillip K. Rock's novel that the series was based on. Ugh what a boring book. There's no real plot; the characters seem to live in their own bubble with no real flow to the story. I'm just amazed the folks at Amazon managed to create such an entertaining and thought-provoking series out of it. Unlike the book, I could definitely get back into that series again and again.

Rew likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    In light of the thread about Trailers, it reminded me of a video I came across somewhat recently on YouTube featuring the background cover song for the Season 3 trailer of TMITHC. And yes, with full permission from U2 of course.

12. Rew

Rew Force Ghost star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I confess I haven't read the book yet, but if it's as Ahsoka's Tano said, then that's an impressive feat of adaptation.

I binge watched this show last year, and it was kind of a mixed bag for me. I loved the character of John Smith though--a well told and surprisingly plausible tale of a fall from grace. (I later found out this character was created just for the show and doesn't appear in the book at all--another big surprise.)