main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.04 - Chapter 4 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 28, 2019.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 6, 2019.
  1. 10

9.4%
  2. 9

19.5%
  3. 8

27.5%
  4. 7

20.8%
  5. 6

14.1%
  6. 5

5.4%
  7. 4

1.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.04!!
    Chapter 4
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Mandalorian episodes air on Friday* on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

*All episodes premiere on Friday except for the premiere and the penultimate episode, which air on a Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

[​IMG]

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Oh yeah tomorrow is Mandalorian day. I hope the momentum continues with another fantastic episode, but I wonder if they can keep it up without any lull episodes?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I hope so too. Bryce Dallas Howard is up next I see. Hope she delivers *crosses fingers*.

4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    He can't take Baby Yoda there! The wicker huts are gangsters!

5. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    It'll work. It'll work...

6. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Woo! Can't wait. :boba:

Also, is that pic in the op for this episode specifically? If so, I'm excited to finally see Cara Dune!

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This will be Cara's debut. Whether that still is from this episode is unclear, but this will at least be the beginning of the bit on the farm planet, if not the whole subplot.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    As a father of three kids I can tell you that this pic expresses the relaxed silence after the baby got breastfeeded.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I wonder how he ends up on this planet, or even taking this job...? [face_thinking]

10. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    What time have the Friday episodes been coming out?

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm on the East Coast and generally the Episode is out when I wake up at 5: A.M. I've heard 3 A.M is when it is dropped, but I'm usually not up that late.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    3 AM East coast has been dicey, sometimes it only pops up on the android app, and I don't see it on the PS4 until like 4 AM. But duh, I can't believe I forgot this hits tonight! I was actually wondering what I was going to watch at 4 AM before bed, yay! Maybe the 3 AM will actually stick this time across all platforms...nah, that's crazy talk.

13. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Like many in the US, I have tomorrow off, so it’s breakfast and then Mandalorian Chapter 4. Can’t wait!

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Your priorities are out of order....[face_monkey]

15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm in the Central US time zone, so it's between 2-3am here. I've noticed last week that it showed up first on my phone app. I watched for a minute and then went to the web site where it wasn't showing before. I then had a clickable link which allowed me to pickup where I had left off on my phone. Will test this out tonight.

16. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I wouldn’t worry about any lull episodes with Favs and Filoni at the helm. They set the tone with the pilot episode and I’m sure it will follow through till it’s conclusion.

KSennia likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    After having some medical problems today I can’t wait to watch the Mandalorian at 3 AM my health be damned

Krueger and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ERMEGERDTHISPREVIEWIMAGE

[​IMG]

We hope your health is improving. Sorry to hear about any illness bouts.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I swear that baby is one of the most realistic puppets I have ever seen in my life

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    i wonder how much of Baby Yoda is CGI shots and which are puppet shots?

21. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    If I had to guess I'd say it's not a job that takes him there. After the events of last week I think he goes to ground someplace obscure he's familiar with until he can get some word on where the covert will be headed.

22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And runs into a former rebel shocktrooper in the process?

23. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Just went live, started watching...……………..see ya in 40 minutes and 1 second.

24. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Well as it turns out, yeah. Minus the "he's familiar with" part.

For me this is the weakest episode of the series so far, by a significant measure. It had a bit of Stargate SG-1 feel to it. Almost filler that was done only to establish a couple of relationships that will be revisited later in the series.

25. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The Mando seeks a sanctuary for the kid and finds his own inner child longing. On the plotting front, this is a cross between the TCW episode Bounty Hunters and a taste of what the Endor battle might have been like if it hadn't gone for pratjokes. They actually made an AT-ST seem menacing which is no small accomplishment given that their most prominent meme in the franchise for 35 years has been that of a tree log sandwich.

Also notable, the first extended scene I can remember that wasn't from the Mando's point of view.

And of course, the first live action Tooka (or is it a Lothcat - not sure what the distinction is.)

This series is such a contrast to the noisy JJ movies - no need for wall to wall adrenaline or hype or flash or mystery boxes - just solid, earnest storytelling that trusts the audience to allow time to linger and drink in the atmosphere. The world building is still not the most impressive but this just shows, world building isn't everything.

8/10

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019