main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.06 - Chapter 6 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 12, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 20, 2019.
  1. 10

22.4%
  2. 9

31.0%
  3. 8

26.7%
  4. 7

9.5%
  5. 6

8.6%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0.9%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0.9%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I just watched it a second time, paying more attention to the pilots. Chow was decent, very businesslike in the way she delivered her lines, but the other two directors didn't sound natural at all, they sounded like they were "ACTING!!!"

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    To me, they actually sounded like proper bored X-wing pilots, working in the outskirts of the galaxy where they don't have much to do. Worked perfectly.

The Mandalorian Enclave will be back, as we've seen a shot (in trailers) of the forge being invaded by stormies.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Jarrus and Demon4x4 like this.
  3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Excellent news, thanks!

Jarrus and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well not for the Mandalorians

5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And the stormies won't be liking the greeting they get!

6. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    No need to get snide, I didn't mean it as an insult to the show. I just remembered all the behind the scenes stuff for Rebels and Clone Wars and how they creatively re-used models and assets and wondered if the same philosophy applied to live action. Heck they recycled A New Hope landscape shots for the Tatooine episode.

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sorry, didn’t mean to sound snide there. I get what you’re saying - they may have started by recycling costumes (though I feel they would’ve just gone with standard issue Rebel boots in that case), but then they made a story and character point out of it. The NR is using old Imperial stormtrooper boots in the Outer Rim because they don’t have the resources to swap them out, and the bounty hunter who makes the joke is an ex-Imperial who has some contempt for the skills of his former stormtrooper brethren. And they’re just bullies, and like making this hapless prison ship guard feel even more uncomfortable than he already is.

I also don’t think the Tatooine landscape reshoots were due to money issues. They were going back to Mos Eisley and thought it’d be cool to mirror those shots again. I, at least, appreciated it!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  8. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    That Twilek was one of the most cringey portrayals of a bad girl assassin I've ever seen. The worst part is that they all survived so she could be back next season!

Vorax likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    They were the demons of Mando’s past. Who he ends up locking away before moving forward. So for me, it worked on a thematic/ character level, even if I would have personally toned it down.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Sarge and Outsourced like this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I was laughing the whole time when she tried to take Mando with a knife. That's right up there with the guy in Smallville who decided to use a baseball bat on Superman and Clovis telling Anakin to fight him like a man.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    @Seerow

It read as a plausible fight to me, given that they’d showcased the Mando’s vulnerabilities a number of times already. He’s definitely not been portrayed as a superhuman. One of those throwing knives in his neck and he woulda been a goner. Didn’t strike me as an amusing part of the episode.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Vinylshadow likes this.
  12. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    I can see that view. And it wasn't like she almost destroyed him anyways. She was no match for him, but she wasn't going to just not fight him. That clearly isn't her style and she wasn't going down without a fight nor was she wanting to let him escape. I thought the fight went as expected; with Mr.Mando giving her the what-for lol.

Bor Mullet likes this.