main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.07-Chapter 7-Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Master Scorpio , Dec 16, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 25, 2019.
  1. 10

59.0%
  2. 9

27.9%
  3. 8

8.2%
  4. 7

4.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Plus, Kylo had at least two death fake outs, so that makes at least five now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2019
    avcpl likes this.
  2. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    In the old days of TV -- I'm not sure how old you are - but I'm talking about the 60s, 70s, 80s -- there were guest stars on series like this nearly every episode. Some came back for more - many did not.

So to me... while getting Nolte and Herzog was awesome and they both knocked it out of the park --- they seem to me to be road pavers... meaning others of such high caliber will soon follow for Seasons 2 through... 10?

As long as they get a couple episodes with awesome scenes and dialogue -- if you World Build it -- they will come!

I don't see how it fits with the character - or story. He chose to leave that scene. Wasn't a good fit for him and Yodel. Have to keep on moving. So unless this show get Rated for Mature Audiences -- what would be the point?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yeah, we all agree. I was just kidding around with Mullet.

Bor Mullet and episodenone like this.
  4. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah. I've re-watched that scene several times and it still put's a lump in my throat and gets me a little misty. I don't think he's dead but I also don't think he's ever getting up from where he lies. I think they might show one last exchange with IG-11 where he asks him to protect the child.

And I'm right there with ya on his death establishing the stakes. Very similar to Ned Stark's death at the end of the first season of GoT (though admittedly a far less central character to the narrative).

Bor Mullet, Sproj and Alien Vanguard like this.
  5. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    You know its great storytelling when every character who falls down and should be dead is griefed by the audience and people hope they are still alive :D

6. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Brilliant yet again. I almost had a nerdgasm seeing the moff's TIE land. That ship's beautiful.

7. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    That's a heckuva shot that takes out Kuill though.

To shoot him as he's riding full speed and NOT hit/kill Baby Yoda whom he's holding? Or even risk (further) injury to the baby as he falls? Big risk to take with the Moff's grand prize.

8. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I guess everyone has seen ep 7 at this point. Talk about a cliff-hanger! WOW. A couple of thoughts: Has it been established that this is happening soon after ROTJ, when there are remnants of the Empire, but the Republic is back? The Empire is mentioned, as the Client is referred to as an "Imp" (Imperial.) The main character is called "Mando" but is this his name, or just short for MANDOlorian? Like a nick-name? Observation, whether the kid is a puppet or CGI (or both, depending on the needs of the scene), the person in charge of the kid's facial expressions deserves some kind of award. They are spot-on and perfect, just right to get the proper emotional response.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Sarge and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Haven't really posted about this episode of Mando, but hot damn was it a good one! Deborah Chow deserves every bit of love she gets. I'm very excited to see her handle the Kenobi show too. She's easily one of the best directors working in the Star Wars space currently.

This episode also does something I've wanted from the beginning. Brought everyone together, and gave Mando a crew. I REALLY hope it stays like that going into next season.

I'm sad about Kuiil too. But it does indeed establish stakes, and that's important too. I've really grown to love this show a lot these past few weeks. It going to be a weird transition not having it every week after the finale.

10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yep there will sure be a void but great that the Clone Wars is coming back. When does the Obi-Wan series drop?

11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    2021, probably around Christmas. It won't even start filming till around June/July.

12. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Just a reduction of mandalorian, I'd have thought. Mind you, a lot of human's surnames on earth betray their ancestors' geographical origins or trade so you never know. He'd still need a first name though. Like John. John Mando (in homage to John Rambo).

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    It has been established that it takes place I think 5-6 years after the Fall of the Empire. The original one anyway.

14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yes, it's been mentioned several times. "After Endor..." and "The New Republic..." etc etc
    The Mandalorian gets called "Mando" as his real name has not been revealed onscreen but the the actor himself (maybe a slip up??) referred to his character as "Dyn Jarren" (sp?) in an interview :cool: I assume this is like how he calls Quill "Ugnaught" until Quill points out he has a name... People just call him "Mando"

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    It's probably easier to go with a name if you actually get to know a person. If all you ever see is a masked man, and he isn't exactly the type of person who talks to you about his life, or in general, you are more likely to just go with what you see, and that is a Mandalorian. Makes sense to cut that down to a shorter version. Especially when there aren't a ton of Mandalorians running around.

16. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Mando said goodbye to Omera and left. Once you leave it's best to stay gone. Going back to visit would just confuse things.
    I like Kuiil, but since they killed Ming Na I'll be really mad if he doesn't stay dead. Or at least mildly disgruntled. It's not quite a Jeremiah situation, but still.

Sarge likes this.
  17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah, I'm with you... I like a show/film to commit to it's decisions!
    Nothing fires me up worse than "I'm back from the dead!" scenarios. 1 reason I have not watched TROS yet :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2019
    KSennia likes this.
  18. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    In that movie - "You come back from the dead." "You come back from the dead". "You come back from the dead AGAIN". "Everyone comes back from the dead"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2019
    avcpl likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    To be fair Rey is the only other one to come back from the dead.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So anybody dig it that there was Force healing in Mando episode 7 and (TROS spoilers)

then 24 hours later Force healing is a huge part of Rise of Skywalker. I wonder if the force healing bit in the Mando episode was a reshoot or added later to establish it for TROS.

Force healing is a huge sort of game changer for the series (like Episode III doesn't happen) so the way I rationalize it is A) Baby Yoda did it by instinct B) Rey read about it in the Sacred Jedi Texts, otherwise nobody else knew about it beforehand. There, done.

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    She only did cause Ben gave her is lifeforce.

22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I very much doubt that this was a reshoot. It is way too essential to the storyline of the episode for this to be a late change. Not to mention that Baby Yoda already tried the same in the second chapter.

I don't think that healing in itself contradicts Episode III. That concept has existed for quite some time in other parts of the franchise. It's just the question of how much you can accomplish with the healing. It's saving someone from certain death or even reviving him that would be an issue, not healing a wound in general. The sacred texts and/or the close connection between Rey and Ben are certainly one way to explain it, even if it is stretching things when looking at the prequels. Back then Lucas was pretty steadfast in his explanation that Jedi would not have such a power, because it contradicts their concept of letting things go. Cheating death would be done for personal gain, and thus would not be in line with the believes of the Jedi.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  23. avcpl

avcpl Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2016
    Zorrii Bliss is killed on Kijimi, then she isn't. That makes six.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    yikes...yeah you're both right. That being said I hope Kulil stays dead, and that his death will have meaning.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What if Kuili comes back as Kuuili

Bor Mullet likes this.