main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.08 - Chapter 8 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 26, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 10, 2020.
  1. 10

52.7%
  2. 9

29.1%
  3. 8

12.2%
  4. 7

4.1%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

0.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt they used Sabine’s weapon

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I do to but that's how I interpreted the Filoni's lead reference.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I mean there's a convenient river of lava nearby

4. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Outside of barbequeing (apparenty) are rivers of lava ever truly convenient?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    Yes, the lava continues to flow under the city and does not pile up stone around or in it.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  6. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    [​IMG]
    The droid factory! Indeed, you couldn't have made that guy from the vintage set. Their latter day releases offer some opportunities tho![​IMG]

DominusNovus and Bilbo Fett like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That was such a great moment. The R2 Boatman is unsettling in the way that the Boatman to Hades on the River Styx is unsettling. It’s almost like an undead droid. Works so great in that scene. This is the kind of imaginative Star Wars I have been looking for.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    That was exactly my reaction. That and the ship that Elric traveled on in Sailor on the Seas of Fate, with it's blind captain and mute helmsman. It was disturbing by design.

And, having watched several reaction videos to the finale, it worked ... often.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    JFettG, Blobofat and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Finally got to watch it. What a brilliant end to a wonderful first series. The ST I've enjoyed but this is much more my thing. Quirky, crazy, goofy and with so many great characters. And space. Oxygen. Room to savour what's happening. I suppose that's the benefit of a tv series and I'm actually looking forward to the SW galaxy explored this way rather than via bombastic, epic films.

10/10

JFettG, afterlight and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That whole opening scene in episode 8 was genius, very Tikai Waititi I can see him just wanting to improv something and it just kept going. "Moff Gideon just killed a guy for interrupting him." Jason Sudekis (who plays one of the Scout Troopers) has been getting some grief, though hahahah

So Baby Yoda took a few thwomps, got dropped from about 6 feet, Yoda also fell not only off of Luke Skywalker but also fell off the freakin' senate and they're all fine. So Yodas have thick skulls, I guess, and we don't have to worry as much if/when Baby Yoda gets bounced around.

And man even IG-11's scenes were just so fantastic. And since I didn't know what rules the show is playing by so I thought almost anyone and everyone was toast when the flametrooper showed up.

So Moff Gideon having the Darksaber could also mean he's straight up Mando-king (he shows up, waves around the Darksaber, everyone bows to him because "This is the way.") Maybe even a former Mando himself? Or he just took it as a trophy, kinda dug it. I would love to see maybe a scene between Bo Katan and him in the future if that was who he got it from.

Also Gideon had a shout out to Siege of Mandalore so it'll be interesting if his little rant about the E-Web happens in S7.

The not knowing about the Force and Jedi, I also kinda get a bit twitchy but I can deal (but I do hope they address it in the future). These are radicals and outer rim folk and the Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out in the universe. I can give it a pass. also it'll be super-interesting if Mando has to bring Baby Yoda to the other Yodas (big time quest) or maybe his own people ie. other Force users. Hopefully not Luke because that ends badly. Or we end up with Mando and Baby Yoda Mando the show.

Honestly, the helmet thing drives my continuity geek more nuts than that, frankly. They took off their helmets all the time!! But, yah, like I said, kid was taken in by a buncha radical Mandalorian nutjobs even by Mando standards so he was wearing the Helmet since the clone wars and living in a basement. I can deal. Mostly. (PS - someone please explain it officially in LFL materiel one day, I beg of you)

Sproj and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We need a spinoff of the two scout troopers and their wacky adventures. I'd watch it religiously. :p

Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    A Star Wars comedy?