main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.01 - Chapter 9 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 13, 2020.
  1. 10

21.5%
  2. 9

31.9%
  3. 8

32.6%
  4. 7

10.4%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Spokesman of SWTV star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.01!!
    Chapter 9
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Mandalorian episodes air on Friday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Feige's #1 Fan and Ryan Church Aficionado star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    This is the...Thursday. Before the first episode airs.

BigAl6ft6, TheChosenAlpha and B99 like this.
  3. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    14.5 hours to wait!

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So it airs at 3a?

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2015
    we should presume that it will.

6. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    With Daylight Savings happening on our end in Europe it's kind of thrown things out of schedule so I'm not sure how far behind or ahead I am in terms of times.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Midnight Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) It will shift to PST beginning next week. 3AM on the East Coast.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like 7 AM UK time then. (I'm in the UK and we're currently 4 hours ahead of NYC time).

9. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Yeah I'm in Ireland I did some digging around and I think that's correct. Still though

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    US clocks change this weekend so things will be back to normal Sunday.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Eastern Time, yes. But not everyone lives in that time zone, so it will air at different times for people in different time zones...

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    for whoever might be reactivating their Disney+ subscription for a monthly basis, subscribing now will let you watch 5 episodes. November's Fridays will be the 6th, the 13th (aaaah!) the 20th and the 27th.

13. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    Looked it up, this is what I found...
    "According to Disney Plus sources, new episodes of The Mandalorian are expected to premiere on the service every Friday “shortly after” 12 a.m. PST."

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think this season’s episodes will have longer runtimes for one simple reason: villain scenes. In the first season, we followed Mando all the way through, and there was no primary villain hunting him until the last episode. Now we have Gideon. And I expect that we will have scenes of Gideon plotting and executing. Scenes that don’t involve Mando. And that’ll make the episodes longer.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 7

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyone hanging out tonighter for when it drops in your particular time zone? I'm Eastern time which is 3 AM (usually my bedtime or an hour later) although I did notice that seems longer to drop on the PS4 app than mobile/web. Only have episode 8 in my S1 rewatch to go and since Star Trek Discovery is on CTVScifi at 1 AM and Mando S3 hits at 3 AM going to watch it in between then. But it's only 47 minutes, what am I going to do for 13 whole minutes!!! (probably read SW #7 if I need to kill a few min)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Ooh. Discovery's tonight too? Lovely

Jedi Daniel and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I love the fact they're starting from Chapter 9.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films star 7 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’ll be staying up as I usually do to watch it once it drops and then I’ll watch it again in the morning. I’m so hyped! Not much longer now!

Darkslayer, Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    It's Oct 30th on the East Coast.

[​IMG]

2Cleva, RealAlex01, TadoFett and 2 others like this.
  20. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Finished chapter 6 on my rewatch! Just 7/8 to go. Will easily have it done in time and shouldn't have much time to go until chapter 9!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Staying up on the east coast. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night, so this is not going to be easy. Very excited though!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Hopefully Disney plus is on the mark and getting it out there at 3 AM like Netflix does, the waiting for 15-20 minutes after 3am is driving me nuts ahahha

possible something big at the end like episode 1 cuz the end of episode 1 basically set up the entire season/series so I'm expecting something close to that level reveal

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Getting tired.. Hope i make it..

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Take an hour power nap and set the alarm for 10 minutes after midnight PT to be sure

25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    If i do that i'm dead for the next 8 hours. lol

BigAl6ft6 likes this.