main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.02 - Chapter 10 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 5, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 13, 2020.
  1. 10

3.7%
  2. 9

8.3%
  3. 8

34.9%
  4. 7

28.4%
  5. 6

12.8%
  6. 5

6.4%
  7. 4

3.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I wasn't visiting these boards a lot for the first half of the season, in fact I think I came back after the Ahsoka episode which for me was a turning point in reinstating my love for Star Wars.

I have to say that I think this episode has aged really well. I feel that when it came out, a lot of people in my circle were complaining about "side quests" and "fillers" (two invalid terms for me) and that we don't see the main story progressing, which is false in my opinion, because this was part of the main story. I just think that these days we have gotten used to a faster pace both in movies and shows. A need to consume all things in a fast way and forget about it days later, move on to the next thing, consume that too, and keep consuming faster and faster, more and more.

This is why this episode succeeds for me. Looking back at it, I find so many wonderful things about it. Pelli Motto is always a delight and while I know we would have to return to Tatooine to see her more often, I am always eager to see her. I guess perhaps we can see her in the Boba Fett show now. And this way Din Djarin doesn't have to go back to Tatooine twice per season, though I suspect he will indeed return there for some business.

I love monsters in Star Wars. I think they are an essential component of it. I understand that a lot of people scoffed with scenes in TPM such as the ones underwater on Naboo, or with the arena fight in AOTC, but for me every Star Wars movie and show should have at least 10% of their story focused on adventures with monsters. I know it might have seemed weird to have the Krayt Dragon in Chapter 9 and then the spiders back to back in Chapter 10, but after that, we got almost none of that (another sea monster in Chapter 11 for a couple of minutes) so I would say the season felt balanced.

Grogu's scenes with the eggs are hilarious to me, the Frog Lady is adorable, the scene where she communicates via the droid is amazingly well done and I love the words she used, and the brief connection with the New Republic is also well done. If you are into horror films, and I certainly am, this episode is a delight. And I think it has deeper themes too ethically. I know it might seem a stretch to many, but I do feel that the purpose of showing such human themes applied to a Frog Lady makes us realize that we should respect and love the environment and all the organisms around us, and I also felt we should be accepting of all living beings and races and embrace them. That's why I am praising the scene where she grabs the droid and speaks in such an eloquent manner. It makes her even more relatable.

And I do think that by the end of the next episode, Grogu understands what is happening with these eggs, and that they actually bring life eventually. The way he is looking at the tank with the little frog emerging from the egg, and the way that he bonds with it by the end of the next Chapter, is for me the sweetest thing. Like all kids, he needs to SEE so that he understands how the whole thing works, telling him "no" is simply not enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. Underrated episode. Reed did a good job.