main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The other female Mandalorian? There are only two in the episode - Bo-Katan and Koska Reeves.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  2. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    The other female Mandalorian? There are only two in the episode - Bo-Katan and Koska Reeves.[/QUOTE]

Wait so the hooded woman and the female Mandalorian (other than Bo-Katan) are the same person and played by Sasha Banks? That would clear things up for me haha

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, they're the same. :p

4. Jolee Bindo

Jan 5, 2016
    Makes sense haha, thanks

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    So is Ahsoka officially a Jedi again now? When did that actually happen?

6. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    She is in the eyes of Bo-Katan. Doesn't have to mean anything.

7. Jolee Bindo

Jan 5, 2016
    I think it's just that Bo-Katan considers her a Jedi, or the same kind of person as a Jedi. To her Jedi probably just means "person who has a lightsabre and uses the Force" rather than a follower of the Jedi Order.

I think there will definitely be some confusion for Mando when Ahsoka has to explain that she's not really a Jedi anymore.

8. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Am I correct in saying that the imperial officer was played by Titus Welliver (man in black from LOST) ?

9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes. Inspired casting!

10. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I don’t ever wanna hear ANYONE talk smack about Bryce Dallas Howard’s directing abilities ever again. That was maybe thee best episode of the entire series. THEY MADE THE EMPIRE FEEL LIKE THE EMPIRE AGAIN!! Katee Sackhoff was BRILLIANT as our other favorite Mando. And AHSOKA HERE WE COME!!

11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I just can't get over how good I thought this episode was. Like with the first episode of the season, this felt like watching a live action version of the best of the old EU. It's like something I've been waiting to see ever since I was eight years old.

12. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    This, ALL this!

13. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    Yup you called. They are a cult and it’s awesome.

14. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    I think this is kinda selling her short she had nothing to do. They didn’t write anything for Sasha’s char. Jury’s still out.

Edit: sorry for double post

DarthRamRod and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  15. Jolee Bindo

Jan 5, 2016
    Don't know how to express my thoughts on this episode other than that every piece of characterisation and world building just felt right.

Bo-Katan, the highly ambitious, badass, driven warrior.

Mando, the child of an extremist death cult - who is seen as a weirdo by more mainstream Mandalorians, but whose selfless bravery, a reflection of his upbringing in a culture which mandates that every individual must give everything in service of their people, ends up saving the day.

The Imperial Remnant, made up in part of incompetent cowards and in part a senior officer corps of diehard fanatics.

And a new ocean world, complete with beautiful and detailed production design.

16. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Another underwhelming episode...

I am just not experiencing the same made I experienced from season 1.

phatdude1138 and Korv like this.
  17. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I wish some of the people that call the Millenium Falcon a hunk of junk are introduced to the Razor Crest.

18. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Now we know that Bo Katan is alive I’m very interested to see how Gideon claimed the dark saber. He’s not the rightful owner if he didn’t kill her in a duel right ?

That would suggest to me that his background isn’t on Mandalore, or surely he would have some shred of honour for the traditions of the world

TadoFett and Generational Fan like this.
  19. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    What you said about the Imperial Remnants being made up of incompetent cowards, this marries right up with the greater overall story in regards to the Aftermath novels, the Inferno Squad novel and the Battlefront video game. When Palpatine delivers the go ahead for Operation Cinder (via a pre-recorded hologram), all worlds were to burn and the best of the Empire were to head out into the Unknown Regions to re-group for another day; ie, The First Order. The incompetent, the in-efficient, the worst of the worst were all to be left behind. I'm surprised that Gideon didn't make the cut though because he seems to be good at what he did. Maybe some just didn't want to go.

So I like this image of those Imperial Remnants scattered across the Galaxy as being sub-standard. It reinforces the greater story - and again, more World-building !

20. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    I'm guessing the Children of the Watch are the remnants of Death watch, that didn't want to join neither Maul nor Bo Katan, and hence started their own cult. They're probably the ones who were diehard fans of Pre Vizla, and when he died hated Maul and didn't like Bo Katan enough to join her. It would also sort of explain what Paz Vizla was doing with the covert in s1, as a member of Clan Vizla, and also why he had no idea about what proper Mandolorians were like.

I also forgot to mention another thing I really appreciated in this episode. I was telling my friend yesterday (who's only watched mando s1, not even the OT, PT or ST) that he should watch TCW before s2 (after watching AOTC), and I told him that some things in s1 take a different meaning when you've watched it, like how the person that saved Mando was a member of Death Watch and may not be as heroic as they seemed. Turns out that little easter egg bore fruit, which I really appreciate because I feel those kinds of Easter eggs usually don't lead to anything.

EDIT: I wonder what Ahsoka's reaction will be when she finds a baby of the same species as Yoda who also has force powers, and she starts to wonder what Yoda was doing in his free time?

21. Jolee Bindo

Jan 5, 2016
    The one piece of Mandalorian lore I'm holding out for is a Clan Ordo reference. The planet Ordo is canon now by way of some reference book, but I'd love to have a named character from the line of Canderous.

22. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Maybe this show just isn't for you.
    I thought it was a brilliant episode although anybody who hasn't seen Rebels might not get it so much.

23. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I had always had that feeling, that they were connected with Pre Vizla in some way. They just had that extreme, hard-edge about them.

And as it turns out, Din Djarin's people were just... zealots, really. It all makes sense now.

And of course Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni are doing this, so it's not like they didn't know what they were doing or didn't have a plan.

24. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yes I too cannot wait to see Ahsoka's reaction. I do remember in Rebels that when they found the younglings and saved them from the inquisitors, Kanan and Ahsoka agreed the task of taking care of them fell to them now there were no Jedi to do it. I always wondered where that storyline went...maybe we will find it.

25. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    That was class. Loved Katee Sackhoff since she played Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica so seeing her as Bo-Katan, well....cold shower needed. Liked the way her attitude about the Darksaber mirrored Gideon's attitude about the Child, you have something I want and I shall have it. Brilliant. And I am really pleased that she is still there fighting as she's had some rough times which could have broken her. Hearing her say 'Ashoka Tano' was the cherry on the cake, confirmation we get a character who is well versed on really important parts of galactic history that Din has no clue about so is perfect in terms of developing the story and filling in some blanks.

I'll also say that even though pre-existing characters are being brought in it doesn't feel forced. Both Vanth and Bo-Katan fitted seamlessly into the show and the episodes work even without any prior knowledge of those characters. Can't wait to see how they do Ahsoka and I'm guessing that wil be chapter 13 as that's the one Filoni is directing.