main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.04 - Chapter 12 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 19, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 27, 2020.
  1. 10

11.8%
  2. 9

34.6%
  3. 8

31.5%
  4. 7

18.9%
  5. 6

2.4%
  6. 5

0.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I hope Din takes Boba's armour with him when he meets up with the armourer - so that we get her stance not only on Bo-Katan's views, but also that of Jango and Boba Fett.

2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It's up!!

FAR OUT! That is the best episode ever, my gosh that is better than most movies. I'm speechless.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Best episode of the season thus far imo.
    And important in the grand scheme of things, since people thought it would be a side episode since it was looking like we weren't going to get to Ahsoka until next week.

4. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Kinda surprised Mando didn’t meet up with the armorer in this episode.Im curious if Moff Gideon will track the child and find Ahsoka ir if he will wait until the finale to finally attack.Overall this episode was decent with nothing disappointing or overall amazing.Liked the return of the Mythoral and the interaction Cara had with the alliance officer.Also thought the scene where Baby Yoda was in the school was kinda funny.I would rank this episode probably second or third best since I really liked the last episode and the first one.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    So spoilers are necessary I think as it has just come up but...

1. Were they mutated early Snokes?
    2. Were they like supertroopers or early first order troopers or robots at the end? I couldn't see clearly.
    3. BY is starting to understand his powers and how to use them!
    4. The build of that episode was amazing, felt like a Rebels episode in many ways
    5. Hmmm...will she join the Resistance?
    6, Are we heading for an earlier than expected Ahsoka - Gideon - Bo-Katan - Fett showdown?
    7. So the doctor did seem kind of evil after all
    8. That was a great episode!

6. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    The Mythrol. Moff Gideon. And midi-chlorians.

Oh my.

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Good but not great. Maybe a 7.5--8.0/10.

This episode is just setting some plot up, but it's fun enough along the way. It's dragged down by more weak acting by Gina Carano. We should feel more empathy for Cara's loss, but she can barely manage to sustain an emotion. Her fight scene to open things was well done.

Best part of the episode was the last few minutes. And the action scenes were all technically competent and created tension.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Carl Weathers (Greef Carga) directed the episode, so the writing was on the wall.

RetropME likes this.
  9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Picked up a ANH vibe from a lot of this one, pretty sure several dialogue clips were recycled from the Death Star scenes of ANH and Mos Eisley.

I tried getting a better look at the tanks with the clones(?) in them. Made me think of the opening of TROS and the tanks of Snoke clones. It would, at least in my mind, jive with why they want The Child so badly - all of those midichlorians must be helpful.

The combat scenes were exactly what I have come to expect from Star Wars and are just as re-watchable as the Death Star runs or the Battle of Hoth. The end scene on the Imperial ship (not sure if that was a star destroyer as it didn't quite look like one) was a nice bit of foreshadowing. I figured that we would see an Imperial ship as the windows are visible in the photo of George Lucas holding The Child that was on Faverau's instagram a while back. Glad to see the wait paid off!

All in all, one of the best episodes so far - good action and moves the plot along nicely. Carl Weathers' direction is one I would love to see for more episodes. Also, this is the 3rd episode in a row where The Child's appetite is more noticeable than before. Perhaps he'll hit a growth spurt soon?

10. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    So NOT filler.

- Baby Yoda is now a ship tech? I think you're jumping the gun a wee bit, Din.

- Baby Yoda finally learns Daddy comes equipped with a mouth.

- New Disney food merchandise: Green Oreos.

- The GFFA still hasn't invented guardrails.

- Have we ever had such a long span with no Mando or BY in the picture? The whole chase out of the impbase was from Cara's and Greef's POV and that stinger with Cara and the NR pilot came out of left field.

- Moff Gideon is looking for midichlorian blood, eh? Well there's another one out there with that kind of blood and Din is unknowingly leading you straight to her. You're inviting yourself a major league smackdown, Gid.

9.0/10

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Did you guys catch the mention of The Child’s “M-count?” They want The Child because of his high midichlorian count for some kind of blood transfusion. And they’re definitely cloning at that base. If this doesn’t have anything to do with a certain Emperor I’d be quite shocked. And what was Moff Gideon inspecting at the end? Those looked like troopers of some kind.

12. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I had thought that Moff Gideon wanted the child for his midi-chlorians because he wanted to become a Force user himself.

That was a little fanciful and out there even for Star Wars, and I was half serious about it. But wanting the child for his midi-chlorians for a clone army of Force users is more on point for Star Wars... for some reason, at least.

Or I guess they're possibly droids too, who knows.

13. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Seems to be inspecting some kind of Midichlorian injected Trooper.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Clone troopers with the Force? Holy **** that’s creepy!

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Another great episode! It took the story forward in a way I wasn't expecting, and set up some really exciting stuff for the future.
    And that chase scene was one of the best chases in the entire franchise.

So, were those...
    early attempts to clone Palpatine? Since they needed a donor with a high midichlorian count, it's not impossible. Could be Snoke as well, or something completely different.

And Carl Weathers did an excellent job - the episode was beautifully directed!

16. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Another brilliant episode with plenty to talk about. This series is just going from strength to strength. Can't believe we're at the midway point already.

17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    She's stronger than Luke still I'd argue, she'd be the strongest force user still functioning (Palps is sidelined remember) alive in the galaxy at present, she should be able to make a grand entrance to save Mando and BY when they get ambushed next ep, I'd imagine. Maybe even Cara brings in a New Republic contingent. In any case, this episode, while top shelf in its own right, has just opened up a big showdown sooner than we all likely expected.

TadoFett and DarthKegs like this.
  18. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    That was part of the sub-plot with the Dark Forces game from the mid-1990s (and where I get my user name!) they were called Dark Troopers and had limited force ability.

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Was that...

Occhi of Bestoon who planted the tracking beacon?

20. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Serious Jedi Knight II vibes from this ep with the Imperial Remnant building an army of artificial Force users, plus a bunch of mercenaries raiding an Imperial outpost with a dark secret. In general it felt really old school in a fun way - a lot of shots and dialogue reminiscent of A New Hope and 80s action movie vibes too.

7.5 for me, not the tightest episode in terms of writing, pacing, or acting (although I think Gina Carano was improved from Season 1), but fun, unique, and with some interesting story progression.

21. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    You know what, I wonder if some of us have been looking at it wrong, I wonder if Mando will be the one to get captured and not BY. He could be whisked away by Ahsoka and then Mando has to deal with having his helmet forcibly removed and what that means for him moving forward.

22. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    It's a cool concept. We're going to see some crazy action scenes soon. Mando, Jedi, and Imperial Force Troopers? I wonder what they'll be called? I didn't get a good look at them, but were they wearing Death Trooper armor?

TadoFett likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    No. That character was a Mimbanese. Ochi isn’t.

24. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    I think this series is going to make the sequel trilogy better by the end of it. It kinda seems like there WAS a plan even though there wasn’t.

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It did look a bit like him, but I'm not sure

EDIT: apparently it wasn't. :p