main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.05 - Chapter 13 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 26, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 4, 2020.
  1. 10

50.9%
  2. 9

28.3%
  3. 8

8.2%
  4. 7

6.3%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0.6%
  1. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I saw a person claiming to be a Mando (tv show, not species or in-universe group) hairdresser saying that the Magistrate was a last survivor of Dathomir.

I doubt the person would have that level of access to things even if she is who she claims to be, but I thought I'd relay the rumor all the same.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Saw that and doubt it. Maybe, but I’m not a huge witches of Dathomir fan, so I hope not.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    A hairdresser says something and suddenly it has been "confirmed"?

El_Machete12 likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Guess we can add Star Wars Stuff to the list of clickbaiters.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well it kinda makes sense to why she stood against Ahsoka Tano.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  7. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Yup. I got the sense that she willing to train Grogu, but it is his choice to make.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Sproj likes this.
  8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think Ahsoka wanted to train anyone personally. she has a mission of her own.

dick rodgers likes this.
  9. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I agree completely. The ST really messes everything up... unless they ignore it. One can dream!

Sproj, dick rodgers and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  10. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I think the current Disney plus shows and rumored shows are setting up post ST stories.

Huncrweo and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    They reposted a (since edited) instagram post. From the hairdresser who has been on set for the series. Whether it's a 'Filoni fact' or just a possible back-story for the Magistrate (to explain her fighting prowess) it seems as though it was part of the backstage chit-chat going around.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @Anakin's Daddy

I'm getting really tired of having to repeat myself. Keep the ST drama out of the SWTV part of the forum. If I have to warn you again about staying on topic I'll be locking the thread.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Aslo we know from the Fallen Order game that, Nightsisters can be humans too. Maybe Merrin wasen't the last surviving member. And Thrawn used and manipulated her. Used her for his own gain.

14. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019

15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I don't know. Hairdresser gossip should not be dismissed lightly.

El_Machete12, MrDarth0, Sproj and 4 others like this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

So Ezra and Thrawn lost for almost 10 years before Ahsoka and Sabine starts looking.

18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    My impression was that she was some kind of Mandalorian, which might explain her combat prowess and access to Beskar. I doubt she's a night sister, as it would be kind of disappointing for her to be the first live action one we see but she doesn't use any dark side sorcery. But I guess it would explain how she could go toe to toe with Ahsoka.

She was a good villain, I'd like to see more of her. Definitely seemed like an elegantly appropriate minion for Thrawn.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It could be true. Thrawn might be recruiting force wielders to help him understand/combat other force users. He's had enough haunting experiences with them to be cautious. She doesn't look like a Nightsister, but that could be dark magik. And her aptitude with close quarters fighting could be another hint.

Sproj and clone commander bossk like this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    200.gif

Ten years?

That's longer then I was expecting for sure.

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I am good with just Filoni, but I won't say no to Favreau.

You don't know that. Maybe they have been searching but haven't been able to find any leads.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah, maybe Thrawn and Ezra was suck in space for some time before going to the chiss and coming back and hard to track them.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    If that's true then my guess is that any future story involving the lot of them will be live action. An animated series following a bunch of 30+ year olds doesn't sound appealing for an animated show. I was expecting something more in line with TCW - starting out with a strong appeal to children and turning the tone of the show more mature as that audience aged, the sequel series being the more mature end of the Rebels storyline. But ten years is a very expansive separation.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe add in Jacen Syndulla for the young veiwer like Ahsoka was 14 and Jacen will be 10 years old. There you have the animated if wanted to.

Sproj likes this.
  25. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I voted this episode 9/10, and am quite surprised at the overwhelming response of 10/10 scores. Every episode that I've been unsure about has come around in higher regard on rewatch...even the horrid spiders of S2E2 improved in my mind. This show is written with the casual, movie-watching Star Wars fan in mind, I'm really curious how much it's tempted these fans to venture deeper into the animated series and even comics.
    Yes. Yes we do.
    Puppet Yoda Is The Way.
    Grogu smiled at Ahsoka when she said Yoda's name. Of course Grogu remembers Yoda, and he would be a perfect representative presenting the choices available. I never in a million years suspected that Yoda would appear as a Force Ghost in The Last Jedi, but wow, he was amazing. I think his appearance in that film will probably mean he won't appear to Grogu on Tython, but this Yoda fan still holds out hope!

Sproj and TadoFett like this.