main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.06 - Chapter 14 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 11, 2020.
  1. 10

31.9%
  2. 9

26.3%
  3. 8

21.3%
  4. 7

11.3%
  5. 6

5.0%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

1.9%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.06!!
    Chapter 14
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Mandalorian episodes air on Friday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    TadoFett, whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Well. How on EARTH do you follow that!

3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm glad to see that (so far) the title of this episode hasn't leaked. I liked going into the first three this season not knowing.

4. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Set the story in another galaxy. :p

Kidding aside, I have no expectation for this episode. There's been a lot of introductions and developments this season, so I'm just excited to see where things go.

5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    As I was saying in the other thread, I am the most excited (from a certain point of view) for the next episode that I have been all season.

So far:
    • We knew we were getting certain scenes and setting shown in the trailer, and we saw ALL of that in Chapters 9-11
    • We knew that Chapter 12 was going to pave the way for Ahsoka, since Filoni was not directing that one
    • We knew we were finally getting an Ahsoka Tano centric episode with Chapter 13, and oh boy what did we get.
    So now, I have no idea where the story is going, I have no idea what's going to happen, I have no idea who we are going to meet in the remaining 3 episodes and whether it will be returning or new characters, I have no idea what the finale will be about, and all of the above excites me a lot. It's like after the Ahsoka episode, the show now has a clean slate, and can go anywhere. That, makes me as intrigued as I can be.

And I don't care for the next 3 episodes to be better than 2X05. I just want to be on this journey, a great journey.

Oh, the only thing I really want to see in the next episode and not later, is Tython. Just give us Tython.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Let’s build that hype!

TadoFett likes this.
  7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I'm so pumped for this. Bring it on baby!

TadoFett likes this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I'm looking forward to the scene-setting at the start, which has been wonderfully done each episode so far. Not rushed nor grandiose.

TadoFett, Bor Mullet and DarthKreVass like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm just in love with this show right now.

10. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    The trailer includes some shots from 12, too.

If not expectations, I guess I do wonder if this one is akin to Chapter 10. The trailer shows the first half of the season, we're getting soundtrack releases for the season in halves, Chapters 10-12 begin where the previous one left off, and the final scenes of Chapters 9 and 13 have Din setting off but then focus on another character to close out.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  11. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Tython smells like a chapter 15/16 deal to me. That's the main mission now. So I'm assuming this one will be filler, but that doesn't mean it can't rock. Look at last season's episode 6. I enjoyed that one a lot.

I'm curious as to the new guy's directing chops. Not being familiar with him at all I had a read through this link to get a sense of his style.

https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/movie-stuff/directors-trademarks-robert-rodriguez/

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh if Robert Rodriguez has gone full Robert Rodriguez with this episode, we are all in for a treat.
    I expect monumental action sequences. Or I should say, I hope for those.

Also , he does not have one style. A big part of his career are Spy Kids, for which I am WTF, but his most influential work is in From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Planet Terror, El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, and I even dare say the Machete movies. Now that I am listing those.... I think he fits perfectly to the spaghetti western space opera style of the Mandalorian.

14. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Also worth mentioning is last year's Alita: Battle Angel - Rodriguez was very much channeling James Cameron for that film, but in some of it (the bounty hunter bar sequence, for example) you could really feel a lot of Rodriguez's spaghetti/grindhouse influence showing through.

I'd love for a Rodriguez episode to have a heavy bounty hunter/smuggler focus. Weren't there rumors a few months ago about Bill Burr's Mayfield returning?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    LedReader likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The rumors were there, but then I believe Bill Burr shot them down by saying he wasn't in season 2.

ETA: Here's the article: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...#:~:text=When asked if he be,No, none of that.

LedReader likes this.
  16. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Touché! Must have missed that update.

Either way, I do hope we get to see Rodriguez dabble a bit more in the "scum and villainy." Hey, there's that Boba guy just waiting to rear his head again. ;)

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I can't imagine that Rodriguez was brought on to NOT dabble in the scum and villainy. If I were to venture a guess? We're gonna get a bunch of bounty hunters in his episode. And some of them will be fan favorites...

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is it. The return of Prune Face.

19. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I could totally buy Fennec Shand factoring in with a bounty hunter ensemble in this vein - though I am quite confused as to how she will, since she seemed pretty dead in The Gunslinger.

Since Tython is pretty close to the center of the galaxy, and we know that that is where Din and Grogu are off to next, it would be pretty neat if the planet they stop on here is more of a core world.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Good point. Might be a totally urban environment, actually. A wild, bustling city preceding the ancient calm of Tython (which will probably be interrupted by Gideon). Would make sense for Favreau to bring Rodriguez in for that.

TadoFett and my kind of scum like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That name makes me laugh every time such a dynamic character

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The chatter is this will be the shortest episode of Season 2.

32 minutes

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do like that the show isn’t beholden to time

25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    The definition of artistic freedom and telling a story exactly the way you want to, if you ask me. Without the obligation to film more filler scenes if you don't have enough, nor the obligation to cut and edit scenes that you shouldn't, if you have more than is dictated.