main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.06 - Chapter 14 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 11, 2020.
  1. 10

31.9%
  2. 9

26.3%
  3. 8

21.3%
  4. 7

11.3%
  5. 6

5.0%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

1.9%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yodarulzall

yodarulzall Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 1, 2000
    For my twentiethiversary on this site im going to actually post something instead of watch the fun and games here. Love this place.

So let's go with a crazy prediction like a good star wars fan. We have tython and thrawn. Easy makings of a reimagined heir to the empire. Obviously can't go with the original protagonists so let's make it the rebels crew. To me Ezra is obviously in captivity so I nominate him, or should I say his clone to be the new jorus c'boath. Not completely out of realm of possibility is it?
    I don't think Grogu will be trained by a jedi, I believe he told Ahsoka he wants to stay with Din and she provided the way for him to communicate that. I think the show told us Grogu is a mandalorian first with the music played when he took the knob from din being Mando theme and not a jedi theme.

Great show. I think this is the way star wars should be. Longform story telling. We can have movies for major events.

This place is great. Even though sometimes some want me to bang my head against the wall. Kidding. But not really.

2. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    If the Slave 1 rumours are true, then Boba should appear in a Chapter that has Din flying towards the Deep Core from the Outer Rim.

If there is one person who would be aware of every Hyperspace Route, Trade Route, Bounty Hunter / Smuggler Side Route and every one of their respective "choke" points, then Boba Fett (or Cad Bane - or any of the other big names) is your man.

All he has to do is set up an ambush site at one of these "choke" points and then its game on.

Perfect time for Boba to reappear.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Congrats Yodarulzall on the 20 years. My 20th anniversary is two years from April. Love this place as well. I enjoy reading all the old, older, and new, newest post on all Star Wars.

To me this episode will introduce some more new characters without diving into more plot. Something tells me we will get more bounty hunters. Hopefully some of the OT ones (Boba my favorite or Bossk -see signature icon, get some action!). I really enjoyed S2 Ep.5 (favorite so far) and look forward to the ending of this season. Its gonna be a wild ride so buckle up!

4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I agree with your logic, but personally don't expect them to make fans wait a year to see what happens with Grogu -- it's too gimmicky, IMO. They may, but I don't think it fits with show's tone. I don't expect them to go full ESB for a while.

The season should end, in my view, with Grogu's decision on Tython. His decision will tell us what to expect for S3. Will he continue to seek a Jedi for training, or go another direction, as Mando's son?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    TadoFett and Vader Bob like this.
  5. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Greetings and salutations :)

6. yodarulzall

Dec 1, 2000
    Yes, this episode seems like its boba time. Long flight ahead.
    I honestly can see it going either way really. Grogu getting taken this season finale would make for a loooooong year. But if done right(i have all the faith in the force this team can do it right) would make good story. not that they really need a hook, but that would land many more viewers in the aftermath because that would be "big news".

7. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    After such a terrible 2020, I'm in no mood to wait a year to see if Grogu is okay. No thanks, but that's annoying. :)

TadoFett and yodarulzall like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really do think Tython will be saved for the finale. The cliffhanger of will Grogu reach out to another Jedi or not seems to good to pass up.

9. yodarulzall

Dec 1, 2000
    Generally I agree. I personally can't not agree with this group making the show though. The only mistake I think they made was the casting of the female twilek in chapter 5. If that's my only complaint then I will just enjoy whatever path the ride goes.

Sproj likes this.
  10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I’m like 85% sure Bill Burr, Satan, and twi’lek girl will be back as some kind of New Republic suicide squad before this season is over, maybe tonight?

11. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Any ideas for a title of this episode? I thought maybe something like the test.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How about something other than a “The” title. Season 1 had a few episodes that didn’t start with “The.”

Chémus and godisawesome like this.
  13. PintoDog32

PintoDog32 Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2020
    What time have the episodes shown up in Eastern time? 3 am or sooner? Might be able to stay up and watch if its closer to midnight!

14. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    3AM Eastern. I'm east coast as well, so I always wake up in the morning on a Friday, refuse to touch my phone, make some breakfast, and then watch the episode. No Twitter or forums until after I get to see it for myself, because I don't trust anybody.

15. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I haven't been this thrilled since while grounded for an entire summer in 1992, I finally found the time to read Heir to the Empire.

whostheBossk, BadAcrobat and TadoFett like this.
  16. PintoDog32

PintoDog32 Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2020
    Thanks. Its tempting, Im a spot where I could technically stay to watch it, and still get to bed and get plenty of sleep. However, if I sleep like a normal person, it would be their for me when I wake up. [face_thinking]

17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Several TV series, just to shake things up, have had random episodes where the central character does not appear at all. Just saying.

18. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    So no Grogu this episode?

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I believe Bill burr said he didn't come back for season 2 but I could be wrong.

20. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    The title will be -- "The **** Hits the Fan."

21. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I heard this episode will be one of the shortest ones only being 32 minutes. Hopefully the contents of the episode will make up for it.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    If this is the episode directed by Robert Rodriguez I'll be really interested to see how it turns out. He either makes really fun movies or very terrible movies, there is no in-between at least for me. Plus his directing style doesn't really seem to fit for star wars stories, but im open minded about it.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  23. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    He's an action director, probably more so than anything else we can say about him. I doubt he wrote the episode. Do we know who did?

24. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    His action scenes are hit or miss to me as well. Either great or over the top cartoony

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    He has two modes. Spy Kids or Machete.
    I like both those modes.