main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.07 - Chapter 15 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 10, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 18, 2020.
  1. 10

18.8%
  2. 9

37.0%
  3. 8

26.8%
  4. 7

13.0%
  5. 6

3.6%
  6. 5

0.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Oh, and the SEISMIC CHARGES

2. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    That was my favorite side-quest episode yet. As a fan of '90s shows like Xena and X-Files, I've never been bothered by the show's standalone/"filler" stories, but I know a lot of folks don't share that view.

- I got my wish to see Mayfeld have some kind of redemption, though I didn't think it would be this satisfying. "We all gotta sleep at night..." I'm not even a fan of Bill Burr's comedy, but I thought he was fantastic.

- That transport chase was straight out of Mad Max: Fury Road. For the first time, we were cheering for TIE fighters and Stormtroopers "coming to the rescue." In fact, I think that was kind of the point of this episode - showing us how an Imperial would consider themselves heroic... and how they would change their mind.

- Great job tracking Din's loosening of his code. Removed his helmet and even showed his face.

- Was that Imperial Officer the first Southerner in Star Wars?

Rick Famuyiwa aced both the writing AND directing. Can't wait for the epic finale next week, though I don't think Grogu will be saved. I think Esposito already said his role will be much bigger in Season 3, which is a relief. I'd be upset if he simply went out without a proper buildup.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Bill Burr suprised me a lot this episode. I think he is a funny guy but his acting was actually really good this episode.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That was another great episode! Richard Brake as an Imperial officer is just perfect casting. He plays institutional evil so well in this episode.

Pedro’s performance in this one was outstanding. When he’s forced to face the Imperial officer without his helmet on you can tell how painful it is for him to do but he did it for Grogu. Really wonderful character building in this episode.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Loved the action, as always. It is never gratuitous in this show and that's always a positive. The story was very tight here and no scene, as is pretty much the case with all episodes of this show, felt tacked on. Mando using Gideon's words against him, *chef's kiss*

Also, TPS reports are a thing in the GFFA. Moff Lumberg is likely lurking somewhere checking for the *new* cover sheets, mmyeah...

6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Character growth for sure. I felt that conversation and the storm trooper welcome when they made it was kind of symbolic of the blurring of Watch universe view and real universe actuality as well.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    38 minutes, pretty cool episode, whole lot of Mayfeld talking smack. Also, Operation Cinder reference!

8. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I loved the look of the shore trooper carrying his lunch tray when Mayfeld shot the officer.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s also great when a bad guy gets his pie

10. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    You are brilliant Rick Famuyiwa !!!

Brilliant Chapter, just brilliant !! Where do you even start with the love.

Brilliant opening with Prisoners on a scrap yard world - more of those AT AT Cranes. More great world-building !! Bill Burr.... I was okay-ish with him last season, but I love the Migs Mayfeld character now. Glad he didn't die and I dearly hope to see him again.

Got to finally see inside Slave 1 - I love how the cabin rotates with how Slave 1 is orientated in the air.

Then another great location with the Imperial Dam "base" and Juggernauts and so on - really great action sequences and really great acting. I love how Mayfeld questions Din about the helmet thing and maybe points out a few home truths.

Then the inside of the Imperial base and that bad-ass former ISB officer. Menacing, arrogant, Imperial loyalist. I love it how he gets the wrong end of the stick in regards to Operation Cinder. His kind were left behind because those that went to the Unknown Regions were the best of the best. But "his kind" served a purpose in carrying out Operation Cinder because that was part of the deal in letting Worlds burn (regardless if they were Imperial) so that either the New Republic had a hard time forming Government (so that worlds will go back to law and order instead of towards freedom), or would him down the track when The First Order returned.

And rejoice, Operation Cinder is mentioned. That throws out the hooks and pulls Battlefront 2 tightly into the Canon, as well as the books that dealt with this. Once again, everything is linked, everything is Canon - movie, TV show, book, comic, video game and so on. Its all Canon!

Great world-building yet again with new locations and new looks. So happy right now and time for a second viewing.

Oh and I forgot, those charges that were the same as what Jango laid out for Kenobi in AOTC. Just brilliant!

11. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Oh, I forgot to mention Boba unleashing the seismic charge! That was the cherry on top.

12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Pedro really knocked it out of the park there. You can just tell how painfully uncomfortable he is without his helmet on. Like a kid with stage fright trying to read his monolog during a school play. Heartbreaking, and it really goes to show how much of his need to keep his helmet on is due to the code and how much of it might just be because he needs it to function.

13. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The acting was really good all around this episode. Lots of character development and effort into making the world feel real and complex. Rick Famuyiwa excels at bringing realism to the fantastic, but he also knows how to have a fun, almost absurd chase scene. Definitely a fan of his style and ability with the actors.

We're all set up for next week!

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Pedro’s acting this episode was top notch as it always is, but really top notch

15. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Ooooweee, that looks fresh!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    At first during that pirate action bit I thought this was gonna be a bad episode. They really gotta find a way to not make every episode “we gotta go to this planet to get a thing so we can move the main plot forward”. But FINALLY some real character development for Mando and especially Mayfield. Bill Burr killed it! Pedro Pascal played that tense scene perfectly I never thought they’d go nuts and take out everyone in the refinery so unexpected and a welcome move. Kinda a bummer we only are gonna get one real episode this season in which serious **** with Gideon goes down. I hope the Ahsoka show is different from Mando in that it’s more long form arc with some singular episodes sprinkled in here and there.

17. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Pretty fun episode that went in a direction I wasn't expecting...some notes under the spoiler tag...
    Boba Fett's armor looks pretty spiffy painted up! Glad to see that was a priority.
    I guess TPS Reports are also a menace in the GFFA? I laughed out loud at that reference!
    That Imperial Officer was just villainous! Nice that we got an Operation Cinder reference in live action from him as well.
    Mando showed his face! He also put his armor back on at the end, so I guess that rule is out the window.
    First episode completely without Grogu. I miss the little guy!

18. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Was I the only one that thought that it didnt feel right to just slaughter the enlisted stormtroopers after you were kinda rooting for them for a bit just because some officer was a %&% ?

DinMeyer, whostheBossk, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  19. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I think it was so that nobody else could walk away knowing that hat mandos face looked like.Dispite Mayfeld seeing it and walking away.

TadoFett likes this.
  20. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Seismic charges going off really are the best sound effect to come out of any SW film!

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Technically with Valin Hess (great name for an Imperial, btw) and the other Imperials who saw his face now dead and Mayfeld having apparently not looked at his face no “living person” has seen him still. But yes his creed is definitely stretching a bit now. He did exactly what Mayfeld said he would do. What he had to do to get Grogu back. Really great character work! Famuyiwa is brilliant!

22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I also like that when Mando was fighting the pirates, he took a couple of hits and was reminded that he wasn't wearing beskar, that was well done.

23. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Same. I saw the bay open and I reached for the bass control, thankfully the windows to my home office are still intact, but my house got a good rattle.

24. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Boba Fett looked way better (costume wise) in this episode!

25. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Mayfeld saw his face in all reality though cuz he looks directly at him multiple times.