main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.08 - Chapter 16 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 17, 2020.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Jan 1, 2021.
  1. 10

65.2%
  2. 9

18.9%
  3. 8

9.0%
  4. 7

2.6%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

0.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Din Djarin, King of Mandalore.

Episode 32: The King

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  2. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    First time I've ever disagreed with you mate. I hope you are right and I'm wrong. However I think as the episodes have been structured as chapters of a book, then dropping The Book of Boba at the end, Grogu and Din saying a painful goodbye, the loss of Razor Crest etc......all adds up for the end of Mando's story. Although......I think we will see him (possibly in another show, or one episode of Boba passing on the Darksaber to Bo and the Mandalore stroy arc.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  3. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Imagine if Boba was on board and saw Luke [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Also I think it’s clear now that the contact Fennec was going to meet in Mos Espa all the way back in season 1 was Boba Fett. They were planning this take over of the underworld for a while now.

5. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Dude that Book of Boba Fett teaser though. DAYYYYUUUUMMM he took the Palace!

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Boba Fett is about to come back big

Tan-Wessel and TadoFett like this.
  7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Did Palpatine even take the Dark Saber with him? If I remember Son of Dathomir correctly - didn't the Mandalorians who rescued Maul bring the Dark Saber with them? Said they found where the duel took place. Palpatine left it behind.

Tan-Wessel and TadoFett like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You just did. Four of them.

ETA: Well, three, because you said “words” twice. :)

9. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I understand now, yes Luke was more bombad than Anakin or Qui-Gon in Droid Slaying.

A lot of theories online predict Grogu will go dark side and become the villian eventually. This however will be problematic with the rise of Kylo Ren and Snoke/Palpatine.

10. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    It's been officially announced mate. And Esposito has already talked publicly about Season 4 haha.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This show isn’t going to make Grogu the villian

12. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Now that we have seen the finale.....Disney really needs to clarify what the future is regarding Mano/Boba shows in 2021. LOL!

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have seen people officially announce things and then end the series. Of the thing they said there would be more of

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I absolutely adored Luke’s entrance here. But visually? The Vader hallway scene in Rogue One was much better shot. I couldn’t help compare Reed’s direction here to Edwards’ in Rogue One. Reed just didn’t frame the shots in a way that would give them maximum impact, as Edwards did. He kept moving to Luke’s side, and above him, and using odd angles that reduced the energy of what we were seeing happen.

But that’s a tiny, tiny nitpick. And it may just be that I couldn’t see that well through the tears. ;)

15. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
  16. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    By the way I called the Snoke meat puppets in the tanks being a fun easter egg. Snoke isn't anywhere near the picture yet. Gideon is trying to make clones of Baby Yoda for the Empire.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  17. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    I disagree. All part of their big plan. Season 3 & 4 have become the Book of Boba. I think. again, I hope I'm wrong. I hope the Book of Boba is just that, a book and not a show. He's not interesting enough for his own show in my opinion.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Its highly unlikely, he radiates the Light, but Ahsoka did sense darkness. She had a foreboding look on her face. Luke was unable to stop Ben from becoming Kylo, so arguably him taking Grogu away from his surrogate pa Din could build into a similiar scenerio where Grogu goes dark because he’s denied his attachment to Din.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  19. Houle

Houle Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 3, 2016
    Why is everyone talking like the show needs to end for Boba to become the main character for a season?
    Whats stopping season 3 from being called "The Book of Boba Fett" and it still deals with Gideon, Din Djarin etc, only with Boba being the main character, instead of Din (who will have more of a side role). Same theme and storyline going forward, but more from Bobas point of view.
    And season 4 or 5 will return to Din

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your crazy if you think that’s gonna be a book there have already been leaks of a boba Fett show filming

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I'm not seeing it either. Grogu as the villian. Knowing how the story ends for Luke... It makes all of this very interesting going forward. This is much less of a happy ending. We also see for sure that Luke chooses to do what he does in the ST. He's not hiding because he can't fight. It's because Luke believes he can't win by fighting the way he does in this episode.

The face de-agin and voice deaging worked well enough here. Amazing to see Luke again on screen in his prime. This is the movie I've been waiting for since 1983. I like it mroe because of the Prequel Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy.

22. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Link? Source?

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is that what they did deage his voice

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh just shut the hell up for once! :p

25. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I think that’s why he wasn’t part of the main attack it would’ve just been awkward.