main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.08 - Chapter 16 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 17, 2020.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Jan 1, 2021.
  1. 10

65.2%
  2. 9

18.9%
  3. 8

9.0%
  4. 7

2.6%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

0.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    To be honest, this ''darksaber can cut through anything, almost anything, it cannot cut through pure beskar'' thing needs to be criticized a little bit. I mean, everyone watched Episode III Revenge of the Sith right?

[​IMG]

So instead of a pure beskar spear, they could also use an electrostaff. And I am pretty sure, electrostaffs are far cheaper to buy in comparison with pure beskar.

Beskar has more spiritual importance and meaning for the mandalorians, that I would agree. But electrostaffs can basically do the same thing against the lightsabers.

Against Gideon, or Ahsoka, electrostaff could do the same work.

But I am not sure about the Dark Troopers, electrostaff's electricity might not work on them since they are very tough, beskar spear was hard enough to penetrate their armor.

And there is also these guys;

[​IMG]

I don't think their weapons are beskar, it's more like a different type of electrostaff, and even random FO troopers had these type of weapons;

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's because of Darksaber, and people said Sidious was the actual owner of the Darksaber at some point, and I explained why Sidious was never the true owner of that blade.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    So what? They had a beskar spear, not an electrostaff. And beskar armor. The armor being arguably the most important thing.

3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The armor is the more important part. We haven’t seen an equivalent to an electrostaff in armor form.

It looks like the Mandalorian armor is designed specifically so Mandalorians can fight against Jedi and hold their own. The armor is designed to defend against the Jedi’s greatest strengths. Beskar is mostly lightsaber proof, removing the Jedi’s most dangerous weapon. The jet packs let them keep their distance. The flame thrower, cables, and other rockets / blasters also give options for fighting Jedi.

Why was Sidious never the true owner of the Dark Saber? He beat Maul? But it appears Sidious left the dark saber when he captured maul. He didn’t want it.

K2771991 likes this.
  4. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Beskar armor is'nt pure Beskar, as evidenced by the fact that lightsabers can (and do, all the time) cut through it.

It's probobly very hard to forge something out of pure beskar anyway, let alone something like armor which needs to be a certain degree of flexiable. I mean, pure beskar armor might theoretically exist, but it's probobly about as common as Valyrian steel armor.

Beskar is just Mandalorian Iron, though, and that being capable of resisting lightsabers has always been the case.

The TFA baton is probobly and electroweapon, while I think the praetorians weapons are vibroswords/axes/staves.

I think the fact that he left it is the reason; he never claimed it, so Maul was able to just pick it up again after he escaped and go back to using it without an issue (though it's entirely possible the Mandalorians themselves never considered his claim to the weapon legit).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Din Djarin’s beskar armor was very clearly resistant to the darksaber, though. So it looks like his armor is pure beskar.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Wasn't his armour forged from his payment from Chapter 1? If so, it was said to be pure beskar.

Shadao, TadoFett, K2771991 and 4 others like this.
  7. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...oilers-allowed.50055279/page-69#post-57114885

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. And it resists the darksaber. So it’s pure beskar. From his helmet to his vambraces. The whole set is pure!

TadoFett, K2771991 and DarthFixxxer like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It must suck to have non pure Beskar

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The scores of Mandalorians who died to blaster shots to their armor in TCW would likely agree. :p

Shadao, TadoFett, K2771991 and 4 others like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Freaking Saxson didn’t have pure Beskar

TadoFett likes this.
  12. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Yup... Mando's armor is like the GFFA equivalent of Mithril it seems. Perhaps it was more common in the Old/High Republic eras but by the time of the films, pure Beskar seems to be incredibly rare.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I call it pure plot armor

Sarge, TadoFett, K2771991 and 2 others like this.
  14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    That would make passing it down generation to generation more important.

Sarge, TadoFett, K2771991 and 2 others like this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    genu-eyen

TadoFett and K2771991 like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do think Beskar is a bit to strong

Sarge likes this.
  17. MandoFan

MandoFan Jedi Padawan

Dec 24, 2019
    At 10 years old, I missed opening weekend for Star Wars in 1977 due to illness. My younger brother got to go and came home telling me about the Jetezine and light sabers and Darth Vader, so he got it partly right. But The Mandalorian has been, for me, the best Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. It has been great story telling about great characters by great story tellers. It captures the essence of the OT and carries it forward in a way that makes sense for the story the OT told.

A lot of the most popular "entertainment" lately has gotten very dark. I don't understand how darkness is entertaining. Darkness is sad and depressing, not fun. After an ugly divorce 8 years ago, the last thing I want from my entertainment is darkness. Instead of darkness, The Mandalorian restores my hope. Something I think the world desperately needs.

Nate787, Zoe Con, Sarge and 5 others like this.
  18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    And add extra incentive for duels and battles between clans; to hoard or reclaim Beskar armor in higher purity than your rivals, ironically inviting greater conflict and attacks because you’re trying to o get the best defensive armor you can.

Shadao, Sarge, TadoFett and 2 others like this.
  19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    that sounds right. But in times of greatest external danger it also means the weaker would fall in line behind the best amoroured.

In an ideal Mandalor the best warriors would have the best armor. The strongest most affluent families would also be the best greatest warriors. It’s doesn’t need to be as cut throat as the Sith. There is room for sharing and betterment of all Mandalorians. Especially when they have an external foe like the Jedi or Empire to work against together.

When different families or different clans fight against each other it weakened all of Mandalor. In fighting is not the way.

Shadao, godisawesome and TadoFett like this.
  20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Looking at the ease with which The Client was able to come up with a significant quantity of beskar, I actually theorize that the Empire just hoarded all the beskar they took from the Mandalorians, and has been keeping it in large quantities in storage. It would make perfect sense narratively for the Empire to do so.

21. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005
    It could also be an indicator of just how valuable the Child was as an asset. The Client was willing to do pretty much anything to reacquire Grogu who may in fact be a key genetic resource for reviving Palpatine. While the Empire may have a decent amount of beskar in storage, I suspect it is still in limited supply even for the Empire.

22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Ok but why? It's an alloy and if it was much more common 50 years ago, it must have gone somewhere.
    Alloys don't just disappear, let alone this alloy that is almost indestructible practically.
    So if anyone has it, it's the Empire since it sacked Mandalore over and over again.

TadoFett likes this.
  23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    why? Because it has always been rare. It just that the empire has a stock pile of it during the Mandalorian, and capturing Baby yoda is worth the price.

godisawesome , TadoFett and K2771991 like this.
  24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Well the argument was that it wasn't as rare in the past. That's what people said. I am not an expert in Beskar quantities myself :p

TadoFett likes this.
  25. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    I mean, aside from the Empire stealing it I could just be that the natural deposites are running dry (and it might even have been not that common an ore to begin with)

That's actually a good point, and one I had forgotten and taken for granted.

I mean, Bo-Katan tanks a bunch of point-blank blaster shots from Gideon and Sabine survives a headshot in Rebels at one point without even a bruise, so it probobly does'nt suck as much as you think.

[​IMG]
    Pictured; Palpatine chillin with his horde of pure Beskar.

(and again man, sorry for the other day).

The peaple trying to kill Din probobly agree with you...

That nobody saw the duel is also a good point.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020