main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 3.01 - Chapter 17 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 28, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 15, 2023.
  1. 10

10.7%
  2. 9

6.9%
  3. 8

27.5%
  4. 7

28.2%
  5. 6

13.0%
  6. 5

6.9%
  7. 4

4.6%
  8. 3

2.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.01!!
    Chapter 17

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Mandalorian episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I am so excited. I haven't felt this excited about any new Star Wars content since December 2015.

Trying to predict the title for the episode. I think it will be called "Mandalore".

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    a wooo a wooo a wooo a wooo a wooo

a wooo a wooo a wooo a wooo a wooo

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I never knew beskar rusted, and I certainly never expected they could make an interesting episode out of nothing but Din cleaning his armor.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This season is all about Din Djarin looking for a new career now that he's not a bounty hunter anymore, and the titles will reflect it.
    The first episode is Chapter 17: The Comedian.
    Worse will be Chapter 18: The Mime.

pronker, EHT, TadoFett and 6 others like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m gonna make a wild prediction. Thrawn shows up at the end of the episode tonight.

TadoFett, whostheBossk, Sproj and 3 others like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That'd be insane.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Not too ludicrous of a prediction. Thrawn did make his first canonical appearance in the Season 3 premier of Rebels, so there's some potential poetic alignment there.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It is based on nothing other than the fact that each season opener has ended on a surprise reveal. Grogu in season 1 and Boba Fett in season 2. Thrawn in season 3 makes sense to me if he’s going to be built up as the main threat going forward.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sad my vacation time got denied for tomorrow. =(

Sar Wars eve is upon us. Looking forward to the doubleshot into my veins though I can't watch it all before work. And hopefully rooting against Bo Katan.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh that’s right! Another Bad Batch episode tonight too! Woot!

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This episode was an incredible season opener for Mando's return to the screen.
    I couldn't believe it when Wilco finally made it to elderly Rampart's cell and killed him!

TadoFett, Riv_Shiel, Sproj and 2 others like this.
  14. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    WAIT JUST A MINUTE....

Jar Jar is the Mandalore

??!!???!!!???

15. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Mandalore the Clumsy

LedReader and Fin McCool like this.
  16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I meant Mandalore as in the planet, but I like your idea better.

Chapter 19: The Librarian
    Chapter 20: The Nerf Herder
    Chapter 21: The Pod Racer
    Chapter 22: The Smuggler
    Chapter 23: The Mountie Hunter
    Chapter 24: The Jedi Scum

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The return of Snoke.:p

Ender_and_Bean and Kato Sai like this.
  18. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Xizor being a mastermind behind the Niktos was an unexpected twist.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015

Kato Sai and whostheBossk like this.
  20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Plagueis!

21. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I wonder if they’ll just call it ‘The Return’ - this covers Grogu back, the series being back and then they could do a Thrawn/Babu/Sabine reveal as well

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It needs to have the screen go black with just the title "The Return" and then immediately cut to Babu popping up and yelling "Haaaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy"

23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    A friend of mine told me that in an interview, Pedro Pascal said Grogu was for 2 years with Luke. Is this true? I figured it would be a few weeks or a couple of months, but 2 years is a lot of time. It completely destroys any discussion about whether Grogu was Luke's first student (he absolutely was), and also implies that Grogu must have learned a lot during that time. I expect to see some new abilities there.

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Yeah its true. 5 years might have passed since Mandalorian season 1 episode 1.

25. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think they need to establish that in the show for it to have a modicum of truth. Show runners can say all they want in the retrospect but they need hard evidence of elapsed time they should be able to easily provide. We as consumers of the content itself just see it as an abrupt reversal of the story. Luke takes Grogu. Luke starts to train Grogu. Mando tries to visit Grogu. Grogu decides to leave. That all seems bang-bang with not a lot of time elapsing. And Star Wars is know for its cutting corners around the concept of time.

Maybe a quick amount of dialogue between Greef Karga and Din could solve this.