main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 3.05 - Chapter 21 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 5, 2023.
  1. 10

10.9%
  2. 9

31.8%
  3. 8

26.4%
  4. 7

16.4%
  5. 6

7.3%
  6. 5

6.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0.9%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.05!!
    Chapter 21

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Mandalorian episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I have to say, Episode 3.5 literally being Episode 3.3 except they reversed the colors of Kane and Pershing’s ice pops in a “can you spot the difference?” challenge was a weird choice

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  3. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I thought TBOBF was Mandalorian 3.5...

I really hope this season improves from this point on. I really want to look forward to the next episode each week.

Here's hoping tomorrow's mid-season point can start that...

4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    was not expecting the Mandalorians to give Grogu some hockey lessons

Grogu has a mean knuckle puck

5. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    They pretty much ruined every fake Jar Jar spoiler with last week's episode so I won't even try.

Was not expecting that Party Down parody with Crix Madine in the Adam Scott role.

Siphonophore likes this.
  6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    They're catering to the fans. This is the tray.

7. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I didn't expect to see a 44 minute episode set entirely in one 5 by 5 room . They're really playing to the Volume's strengths.

8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    When the fungus started spreading all over the hideout I was really terrified.

Wait. Wong show.

9. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    12-minute episode, interesting choice. But it's not the length, it's the motion in the ocean.

JoshieHewls and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I knew Star Wars Celebration is about to kick in gear but an episode of the Mandalorian set in London is a little bit goofy.
    Grogu clearly jumped over the Big Ben!

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If Wong shows are all about the Multiverse and portals to other places, is there ever really an incorrect show...

12. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Damn, I gotta stop posting after taking nyquil.

13. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    I hope it's not another Power Rangers episode.

14. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Well I don’t think anyone expected Djarin to be pining for a Vespa on ol’ Tatooine and that it would turn into a Bollywood musical meets horror but it was definitely unique.

15. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Black and white existential Through a Glass Darkly, Persona Ingmar Bergman episode was a bit cliche (all the doppelgangers and spiders). Although Katee's performance exemplified the struggle for identity in an evil world with believability.

Grogu as the Reaper was my favorite moment, playing metaphysical chess with a mangled Ewok.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The Mods are gonna show up.

[​IMG]

cwustudent and IG-42 like this.
  17. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Whoever signed off on the "Mos Espa Vespas" should never be allowed near Star Wars again!

18. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Yeah I mean when they showed up on set, how did nobody look at that and say, we can't do this. They clearly belongs in two different sci-fi universes, especially in context of Tatooine.

19. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    That's why I have next to zero faith in Disney Star Wars... Who signs off on this sh...stuff??

Imagine walking into a toy store and going "Hmmm, I'll take 1 pink Mos Espa Vespa thanks!" (When you have the Slave 1, Millennium Falcon, X-wings and Tie Fighters available) :oops:

And the gang themselves look like the same idiots that get removed at protests, for gluing themselves to Mona Lisa style paintings, because they don't like the importing of sea salt from the mountains of Tibet! :mad:

20. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    The idea of a badass rat rod motorcycle in the Star Wars Universe makes sense, making it a lowrider version of a motorcycle in the Star Wars universe does not.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  21. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    Swoop gangs are awesome!

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Just when I thought they couldn’t top the mods riding vespas, they give us vespas riding vespas?!!??

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Any predictions? Out of the teased threads of Pirates, Empire or Mandalore, I'm gonna say Empire.

(Watch there be no Empire).

cwustudent and whostheBossk like this.
  24. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    Surely it's time? Probably the pirates unfortunately...

DannyD likes this.
  25. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'd say pirates. There is that one shot of those pirate star ships dog fighting on a planet in one trailer.
    Should be a good one!
    Any chance they give Jake Lloyd a chance at redemption now that Ahmed has gotten one? He could play a pirate?

DannyD likes this.