main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian [Din Djarin] Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The 2022 release of TPM...
    "You're a Firespray Gunship?
    [​IMG]
    I'm a person!

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Mando showing up is reminding me of The Simpsons showing up on Chief Wiggum PI spin off

[​IMG]

"First up, a gritty crime drama... starring Springfield's beloved Police Chief Wiggum. Keep at least one eye open. 'Cause his best friends, the Simpsons, just might pop in to wish him luck."

[​IMG]
    "Well, if it isn't my old friends from Springfield, the Simpsons!"

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    darkspine10, MercenaryAce and Sproj like this.
  3. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Great frickin' episode. Big Daddy.

BigAl6ft6 and MercenaryAce like this.
  4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have absolutely no idea and it is so exciting.

Well, he did promise to help Bo-Katan in exchange for her help and he is pretty big on his promises, so I imagine he will be with her. But yeah...will he put on his helmet again, in defiance of his creed? Or will he go without his helmet and armor and try to fight some other way (fans do want more of Pedro's face after all). Will he come to fight with Boba, or just point Boba in the direction of other help he can get?

So many possibilities which can all be pretty interesting as character pieces and hints to the next season of the Mandalorian. It is very exciting!

Always fun to see a classic design in a new paint scheme.

Like this mercenary N-1 from Battlefront 2:
    [​IMG]

Brilliantly put! Just...very well said all around.

Also worth noting that Gideon said something about it being more about the story than the blade itself - and Din has a hell of a story to tell other Mandalorians...but yeah, first he will want to have to tell it. And I think a lot of season three is going to focus on that.

(though...has the title of Mandalore been used in canon? Satine was Duchess, Maul was behind the scenes, Almec was prime minister, Gar Saxton was governor, and we haven't seen Bo-Katan while she is still in charge but I think I remember her being referred to as regent...but whatever the name, the position remains the same)

godisawesome and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    so far just in the in-universe Mandalorian lore, the MandaLore, if you will. The Armorer speaks of a battle between "Mandalore the Great" and the Jedi in S1E8.

godisawesome and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the title of Mandalore was taken away after the Mandalorian civil war that Jango Fett fought in, Satine Kryze likley took away many of Mandalorian ways like the warriors and such. And no strong leader after Satine has been able to go fully back to the warrior way and way of the Mandalore. Bo-Katan seems to have failed in that as Gar Saxon took power from her with Empire's side. And he took the mantle of Governor and the emperor's hand.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  7. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Pretty sure it was used by Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian Season 2. She talks about placing a new Mandalore on the throne.

godisawesome likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Ah yes, that bit. Could be different ways to interpret that though...still, suggests at least that the Mandalorians being named after their founder is intact, so it is likely the Mandalore title will be mentioned at some point if it has not already been done so.

Yeah, I could see that. Mandalore as a title is pretty much just "I am the best warrior" and Satine is trying to move away from that, so I can see her changing that.

Course, Duke itself originated from a military title, so I could see Duke/Duchess being a Basic translation of "Mandalore" - kind of like how in English a lot of local titles are translated as "King" or "Emperor" despite being very different in practice

Ah, I must have missed that. Thanks.

9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Maybe Boba hires Mando, who uses the money to buy a new ship. connection.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The was a rumor that Boba had around 20 mandalorians with him i think.

11. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Wasn't that fake, didn't it claim Boba says "this is the way"?

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Correct. The actual line will be "This is the way, mate".

Django Fett likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It could be fake, but is also possible to happen.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Likely, even!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Do you really think Boba will integrate himself within the Mando community that his Father left? That's what it's hinting with him saying the line, it just seems so much fan fiction, an audience stand up and cheer moment... surely it's too good to be true?

Then again if someone had told me Luke would storm the cruiser, cut down Dark Trooper after Dark Trooper and saved the day I'd say the same.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    "You can only get so far without a tribe"

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok, since I can't stop laughing at this, I immortalized it as a meme.
    [​IMG]

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    His father Jango fett also left the Mandalorians once they lost the civil war, Three amdalorians goups fought each other and only those loyal to the throne won. Warrior culture of Mandalore was being erased.He had nothing to go back to.

19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Exactly!!! That's the response I hoped somebody would say. Boba's learned that, but has he forgotten about his "tribe" of Aurra Sing, Bossk and Dengar or Asajj Ventress... is it now something different he sees in a tribe?

20. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Boo. Boo.

Only yellow Naboo-honoring N1s.

And one more "mate" or "bugger" and I'm going to kick Tem in his British-lite balls. Totally cool with the Maori stick-fihting predictable shenanigans for the character, but you don't need to go full 'g'day mate crikey knifey-spooney' Australian-and-Australian-adjacent.

Otherwise Dingleberry might as well start spurting 'Murican revolutionary stuff. Equally out of place.

21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    On top of what the others have said, I believe there was some ancillary material that referred to Pre Vizsla as either wanting the title or claiming it successfully… for all of the handful of hours it took Maul to challenge and defeat him.

It’s the kind of thing someone might have fun playing with in lore books by suggesting that, given the fractious, feuding nature of the Mandalorians, it’s an almost semi-legendary title claimed by only a handful of individuals successfully enough to be recognized by all in history.

I also know Tarre Vizsla, Pre’s Jedi ancestor who built the darksaber, was proclaimed Mandalore according to some art notes from Forces of Destiny.
    Boba feels to me like his family/clan/tribe is likely to end up having fewer Mandalorians, or feature Mandalorians who reflect his more “secular” nature culturally. Even Din could probably claim Greef as a member of his “tribe,” and Din’s almost certainly going to be a Mandalorian among Mandalorians by the time all is said and done.

Boba becoming a kind of “Captain General” of Mando Mercs in his fief would be sweet, and I love the idea of them appearing as a counterpoint to the Watch and Bo’ nationalists.

MercenaryAce and VexedAtVohai like this.
  22. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    That's a really interesting take.

23. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    It was certainly not a tribe based on respect

Django Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Personally, I think Boba is not solidly more Tusken then he is Mandalorian, and anything about reconnecting with his identity would be aimed at Tusken culture. He might even abandon his iconic armor for his robes and gaffi stick...I mean, not likely cause it is a pretty iconic look and all, but there was a bit of interesting potential symbolism in how Boba failed to defend himself from Krrsantan with his Mando weapons but did drive him back with the gaffi stick - the power he inherited verses that he forged with his own hands.

Ah, I see. Fascinating stuff, thanks for the info!

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think BoBF is building up to Boba joining his Mando tribe and helping retake Mandalore with Din (in Mando S3).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Pro Scoundrel and Sproj like this.