main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian [Din Djarin] Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    After rewatching i think they no so mutch in exile as the empire might have purged them off their armor and killed thousands.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible I just don’t think They would have had such a depressing ending after Rebels

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think something terrible happened at least with mentions of the purge and the imperials got a hold of the besckar.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it is likely it happened before Rebels but I agree

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So Pedro Pascal accidently revealed the name of The Mandalorian in an interview [face_laugh]

whostheBossk and MrDarth0 like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They could probably change it if really needed but I really don’t think his name is important

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No, a character in the show asks if they really never take their helmets off. The Mando doesn’t reply. And he and the other Mandos don’t take them off in this episode. But nobody in the episode states a rule that the Mandos never take their helmets off. It may be the case, but that’s not confirmed.

How do you know it was an accident? Based on how he said it, to me it sounds like he may have been given the official go ahead to say it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  8. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Man, get Pascal & Tom Holland in a project together. Neither of those dudes has any verbal filter, they just blurt stuff without a care in the world. [face_laugh]

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    No to you. Like Pedro says, get over it:

"I love the way that they build sort of cultural stories in the world of Star Wars. And so every planet, every people, every creature, every droid has such a specific kind of origin story and background. So for the Mandalorians, we have a creed, and we don't show our faces. So get over it. I did! [laughs]"

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s not in the show, and he could just be speaking generally, as actors tend to do. My point is that there’s no confirmation in episode 1 that Mandos never take their helmets off. Though that could be the case.

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    There's plenty of examples to contradict that. Gar Saxon took off his before torturing Ezra in Rebels. Pre Vizsla took off his for his initial fight with Obi Wan. It's just in universe legend.

MrDarth0, Darkslayer and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sabine did as well as Bo Katan

MrDarth0 and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. So I think Pedro was just speaking generally.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Throw Mark Ruffalo in there and we'll know the whole plot before the writers have finished writing.

Maulfly and 11-4D like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "Weapons are a part of my religion." was a great line because it was either A) totally true or B) he didn't want to put his weapons down against the stinkin' Jawas so he played the religion card.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    To add on the "Purge Angle" it would explain the part in Rogue One where Cassian or was it Jyn who mentioned Black Saber? Which tells me that if it is Dark Saber, that somehow the Empire had possession of it.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Woah. Deep cut. I forgot about that. I really hope so as the darksaber is one of my favorite Star Wars weapons, and one of the things that adds richness to Mando myth and culture (elevating them beyond simplistic Klingon-esque “we have warrior culture, grunt grunt”).

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think of the dark saber as the exalibur and Tarre Vizsla as this arthur legend of mandalore.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm not sure if it was proven that Dark Saber was in fact Black Saber that was mentioned, but I always felt that it was. Since it was in an archive, I'm guessing it was somewhere in the Empire. Just not sure where it was kept?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Yeah I really was expecting this guy to be perfect at everything he does and was pleasantly surprised to see him struggle and get his ass kicked appropriately etc yet still being as badass as possible.

This character is awesome!

21. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I'm curious about the Cara Dune character which I hope is as interesting as the others. How's Gina's acting chops? I haven't seen her in any movies as far as I remember.

22. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    She's not bad, just remember she was a former MMA fighter so don't expect a Shakespearian background type of actor. Haywire was her first film and she was the lead in it. Most of the other films she's been in have been as supporting character roles. I like her and have seen most of her work. I'm looking forward to seeing her in Mandalorian.

23. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Remember when wrestlers would show up in movies and it was clear that they didn't know how to act? That's how Gina comes across.

DarthKreVass and MrDarth0 like this.
  24. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I guess she can just kick butt while being hot without saying much.

25. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    That being said, I'm more than willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. I was surprised by her casting, but its such a big role for her, I imagine her taking it very seriously and preparing for it. After all, with a wrestling past and her previous roles, she will surely be under scrutiny. I hope she does a great job!

Jarrus likes this.