main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian [Din Djarin] Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    You know now that i think of it, This Is The Way almost sounds like a things a cult with zealots would say.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Please God no. We don't need any more chips in people's heads overriding character development.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    The cult is obviously evil, when a member´s actions resulted in the death of an art loving, tradition respecting, decorum defender as The Client!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well she was obviously working him and his creed to gain another foot soldier in her little war to gain back the sword and throne of Mandalore. And she got a little annoyed at the Greek guy Axe whatever his name was when he mentioned that he was "one of them", as if that he was gonna mess up her initial recruitment pitch cause he's basically a member of Death Watch via conscription whether he knows it or not.

5. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    They can do that? I didn't know that was allowed.

6. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I love how over the course of 12 Chapters now, this big tough-guy Bounty Hunter has become this naturally wonderful parent to The Child.

No wonder Baby Yoda feels a special bond and sense of closeness to his dad.

Its a wonderful side journey in character development of two beings that on the surface, you wouldnt consider them suited to each other at all.

Little things like this make the show feel really special to me.

7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm thinking that Din must stink to high heaven.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    He's gonna use that beskar spear to fight against Gideon and the Darksaber isn't he?

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Instead of a lightsaber it's a spear.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Definitely!

But I'm expecting him to loose and we'll get a rematch in Season 3.

godisawesome likes this.
  11. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I guess I'm officially at the point where I don't even care about Din anymore. Everything around him is more interesting than him to me. And that may be the point of the character, who knows?

All of the guest stars are far more interesting to me than him. Even Boba Fett: something I never thought in a million years I would say, but I'm interested in what they're going to do with Boba Fett. Din, after over a season and a half, not even a little. Boba Fett, after 10 seconds, warrior-monk Boba, oh yeah, much so...

Moff Gideon I'm even more interested in, and they haven't even done anything with him yet.

The first season Din was somewhat interesting, by the third episode of this season though is where I really stopped caring. After Bo-Katan explained why he doesn't take off his helmet, that was it. I know why now, and I'm good.

I think the only interesting thing they could do to me is make him the next coming of Tarre Vizsla. And say that's why he didn't kill Grogu, because the Force willed it. But even that, it's like "Eh, that's neat, now where's the real Jedi? And what's Ahsoka doing?"

This feels good. Cathartic. "First step into a larger world" and all that. And again, that could be the whole point of the character.

12. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I don't know, I think there is a lot of places to go with Din as a character.

The biggest question is: Will he become more involved with the major galactic events over time or will he stay at the fringe? I hope for the latter.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  13. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah, these past few weeks I've been racking my brain trying to think of something and not coming up with anything.

Din's like in the "Finn Zone" now. Finn seemed like he was going to be cool, then they didn't do anything with him.

Unrelated, but Rey I would have liked if they had made her Luke's daughter, or Han and Leia's daughter or whatever, and/or a Jedi from the beginning. But the way they went about doing what they did I thought was kind of goofy, so that was that for her. And that left Kylo Ren. His tantrums were awesome, and he totally killed it in Last Jedi. I know a lot of people had problems with that movie, but Kylo Ren couldn't have been one. Every time he appeared on screen it was like, "Oh god, what is he going to do?" He was so much fun. Second favorite Star Wars character ever.

Funny, Din is the hero of the show, but now I hope Moff Gideon kicks his ***. Get 'em, Julian Big Brother Almight-TEE! Exude some physicality. Knock some interest into him. :cool:

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I get it. You only like Jedi or Jedi-adjacent characters. ;)

Din feeling left out as Ahsoka and Grogu communed in the last episode was some of the most human characterization I’ve seen in Star Wars. I’ll take his struggling father character over temper tantrum-throwing Kylo any day. We get enough of that from his real-life orange counterpart these days, and I don’t find it interesting at all. As for fun, it was fun the first time in TFA. But then it became predictable.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Jedi are awsome, but we will need to get some han solo types.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So Din has a spear huh

whostheBossk, Kole, MrDarth0 and 3 others like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    At least this time he has a helmet.

Kole, Grey Matter and RetropME like this.
  18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I doubt it. He ate soup with the helmet on when they were alone in space, for crying out loud.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the last scene of this season, when Din will undoubtedly remove his helmet in front of Bo-Katan.

19. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When season one ended I figured they were going to kill Din off and replace him with another Mandalorian as the lead character. The show is called The Mandalorian after all, which doesn't necessarily mean it has to be about one particular Mandalorian.

But now I think they're just going to end the series after another season and give Din a dramatic warrior's death, resulting in him being revered by the remaining Mandalorians who will forever refer to him as The Mandalorian. He'll hand off Grogu at the end of this season, and then season three will focus on Din going out in search of more Mandalorians and eventually dying. That's my prediction.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think that's how it will go down as well. We haven't gotten a truly dramatic main character death in Star Wars since Rogue One, and we barely got to know those characters. If Din dies at the end of the series his adventure will be remembered by fans. I don't see how Din's character can be used in the future either. It's kind of a Han Solo situation. Harrison Ford argued vehemently that Han Solo no longer played a role in the mythos that George Lucas was building with Luke and the force, and that he was a gunslinger much like Din whose characters would best serve meeting its end in a memorable manner.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Plus I think it would be a good move to just end it while its on top. Not just for the character, but for the creators to show us that they aren't just going to milk this and every other future production for every last penny they can, and that they actually care about telling good stories and doing it properly and just leaving it at that. That could really set the tone for the future of these Disney Plus series.

Darth_Accipiter and Lulu Mars like this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t understand the idea that a show can’t continue producing quality material after three seasons...

Some of my favorite seasons of TV shows are a four or a five. Sometimes even later.

This show isn’t ending with three. I’d guess it’s going to go 6 to 8.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    bstnsx704 likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Ew no!

4 Seasons is good thanks.

I hate things that go on too long...I like them to END

And this is someone whose favorite show is 7 seasons.

(Well favorite Live action show but it jumped the shark long time ago)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2020
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t respond to the word “Ew.” ;)

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well 6 to 8 seasons...That's a big NO THANK YOU from me.

A good 32 Chapter Book is a well rounded number.