main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian [Din Djarin] Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, Nov 7, 2019.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed.
    I insert a bank card into the ATM in order to access accounts while a camera is scanning me. So long as I have the card and its passcode, the camera really isn't interested in whether or not it can identify me. It's an added security measure but not the sort that can reject attempts to access the accounts on the ATM.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Since Pedro is working on Last Of Us which may run into Mando S3 filming watch in the 1 or 2 scenes in S3 where he takes off his helmet he's suddenly rocking a giant Joel from Last of Us beard. "Hey, it's a helmet, I don't have to shave under here!"

RetropME, godisawesome and Zoe Con like this.
  3. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    You see, you’re making a joke about his other roles...

...But they could *actually* have Din grow the traditional “Beard of Sorrow” from being separated from Grogu.[face_laugh]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Din Djarin would be a good name.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 and Zoe Con like this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Din Din Salabim

6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017

I think we need some news to chew on

Zoe Con likes this.
  7. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Wondering if Din will keep the helmet on more or take it off more casually.

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    After TM winds up, I'd love this as a new Disney show:

[​IMG]

9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed, I’d have him in my favourites list. Boba is the legend but focusing on one character like this is a huge advantage in storytelling. They’ve built a three dimensional character in one of the most authenticity realised Star Wars universes we’ve seen. It’s a beautiful mix of the Original Trilogy and the more mature elements of Rogue One.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  10. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    So, given the musical sting we heard in this week’s BOBF episode… what do you guys think Din will be up to when he reintroduces himself post-Grogu?

Is he just a dour and purposeless Bounty Hunter without his kid?

Is he going to be working for Boba on loan from Bo, keeping his pledge to consider her offer to join her?

Reconnecting with a covert?

MercenaryAce and RetropME like this.
  11. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Maybe he sees fighting Crimson Dawn or the Pykes as part of a strategy to retake Mandalore so helping Boba helps him too?

Maybe we get to see Din in a new ship?

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Din to Boba: I’ll help you take Tatooine, if you help me take Mandalore.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  13. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    Technically Din Djarin already has taken Mandalore. He has the black saber, although I’m sure Bo-Katan Kryze may have a say about it.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No, technically he has not taken Mandalore (the planet and its government, I mean)

godisawesome and TCF-1138 like this.
  15. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    This is about where I’m thinking, albeit I think the smartest way to do it would be for Din/Bo’s payment to be in the form of some kind of comparably priceless logistical or material support - ships, guaranteed fuel, space ports formerly controlled by Jabba, etc.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've been reading some rumors that he'll be flying a Naboo N-1 Starfighter. I love that design, it's gorgeous, the Supermarine Spitfire of the GFFA, but IMO it doesn't suit Din at all. He should be driving a big lifted 4x4, not a Miata.

17. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Yeah. Naboo are classy peeps, Din's not making it in their country club. :p

Psyched to see the N1 fighter again though. Even if they'll probably lame it up having him having painted it all gunmetal gray or something, added a bunch of firepower than curbstomps the design.

Sarge likes this.
  18. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah. The darksaber is his “ticket to the dance,” so to speak… but we’ve seen that you still have to successfully gather political power and then wield it equally successfully if you actually want the top job. Sabine had the darksaber, and after beating Gar Saxon with it could use the story of it being “sanctified” by combat, but Clan Wren was still operating with fewer supporters than Bo would when Bo received it from her… but Bo failed as leader (either because she couldn’t gather all of the clans to her without the story, or because she strategically failed and the lack of a good darksaber story became a scapegoat for more traditional clans) and is seemingly back to being just another warlord (albeit maybe among the most powerful.) Then there’s Satine, who managed to effectively rule Mandalore strictly through politics, even if she was still “only” the Duchess.

*If* Din is going to become a true Mandalore (the title), than he’s first going to have to get a strong enough reputation for it, gather his own faction independent of Bo or anyone else, then face likely both a Thrawn-based threat and disputes to his rule from rivals.

Now, seeing the character go through that would be amazing… but he has to start on that route first.
    I agree. Though… if they made it a chromed-out version that fans would love to get their hands on, then had some fun by having Din himself feel uncomfortable with it or complain about it, it could hilariously awesome and awesomely hilarious.

MercenaryAce, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    I'd be all the frick for that. Din buys some second-hand 30 year old N1 fighter because for whatever reason it's all he can get or afford, the previous owner had it all gray and beat up.

Din's all "I want my yellow!" and paints it the brightest damn shiney yellow in the galaxy. Or better yet, buys the paint from the vespa kids.

That'll go down well with the fandom.

BigAl6ft6, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    It'll be totally silver, like the Queen's ship. And his armour will be shiny.

Din appears on Tatooine like a disco ball.

Sarge and RetropME like this.
  21. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    Boo. If he wants to fly sleek stuff in shiney chrome, he's gotta start dressing in fancy Padme outfits.

This is non-negotiable.

RetropME likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce, Sarge and DannyD like this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    May be he'll buy a Firespray Gunship, he seems to look up to Boba and what better ship to bounty hunt in?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thats a great idea. I love me a Firespray gunship. So why not two Firespray gunships? @silentfault, you in? ;)

Django Fett likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He can name it Slave 2. But he'll never be able to say its name onscreen.