main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Obligatory question; is this a spoilers allowed for season 3 thread?

Crowd query as usually the answer is no.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Spoilers for future releases should probably be tagged regardless.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont think it is a Spoiler question really as we know that season 3 of Mandalorian will go there. But maybe I should spoiler tagg it if it

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Spoilers (content not officially released via trailers, etc) for unreleased episodes should be tagged.

I would encourage doing so until at least that weekend has concluded (usually Monday official channels will spoil things via character posters and such, as advance promotion for the next episode).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Spoiler
    Quest is a cop
    Spoiler

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Only really in a general sense. What you posted was someone claiming to know the plot.

The bigger problem is you don't seem to have any impulse control over posting whatever someone has tweeted.

I don't really care much about who you follow on Twitter, it is good for nabbing info but can you filter it a bit for here?

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I remember the time Fred posted some Tweet in spoiler tags, months before Bad Batch started, about how the season finale was the Cut Lawquane episode on Saleucami. And that it would involve Cut's family getting massacred by Cody and Crosshair, and Cody kills Wrecker, and Hunter would kill Cody and Crosshair in revenge.

...yeah I almost expected at least one of those things to happen in the Saleucami episode. Thank Waru they didn't.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    With how much certain YouTubers pushed Cody being in all of these shows, and how it all turned out to be bogus I tend to instinctually recoil from anything to do with that character.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly at this point what Cody even add?

I mean i guess their is a story their somewhere with Rex maybe but like...IDK....Just doesn't seem that interesting anymore.

11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I won’t lose any sleep if he isn’t in Bad Batch season 2, Kenobi, Andor, Ahsoka or any other project he was rumoured to be in.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes.

If not, you'll be hit with (another) ban.

Similarly, we've spoken about the Reddit link spam.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I might expand on this more but the more I think of it the entire Mandoverse is Essentially The Hobbit

more the film version than the book

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    With Christopher Lloyd being cast in the show, that means The Mandalorian will have someone who was a man in DeLorean. :p

15. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I can definitely see that, and not just because of the chainmail shirts.
    Mando learning to be a father as well as a bounty hunter is almost the reverse of Bilbo's story, and I think taking Bo-Katan in a Thorin-like direction would make a lot of sense for her character.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Mandalorian now seems to go in similar story beat with the Hobbit i agree.

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I really hope not, considering how much of a slog those movies are.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Hobbit movies are fun, I think same story beats but will flow mutch better. Din, Boba, Ahsoka and Cobb could take roles similar to hobbits characters. Ahsoka is Gandalf who will go to her version of Dol Goldur, and she might see the true enemy behind it all like Gandalf.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The first movie did a decent job of capturing the charm of the book, but the second and third parts just dragged and dragged. So I would hope they don’t try to copy that approach of taking a story and stretching it out horribly.

Also I don’t think it’s a good idea to essentially just remake another story with Star Wars characters. Opens up a whole can of worms, not least of which is the matter of copyright and legality.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they will just certain parts of the hobbit. With Filoni being a huge Tolkien nerd i think he will use that. It wont be the same story beat for beat with star wars but similar. Ahsoka/Gandalf looking for clues to the Dark lord/sith. Bo Katan/Thorin as the rightful ruler but gets mad and one last redemption.

Mandalorian season 3 might be like Hobbit 2, they reach Mandalore and see their world again but there is something dark in there like Smaug. Mandalorian has gone trough the Hobbit one arc, season 4 and more of Mandalorian be like Hobbit 3 and fight against an unstoppable force. And the reveal of a dark lord in the shadows.

My speculation by the way.:p

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    There’s a line between a homage to something and outright retelling plot lines, and if they’re not careful it gets very murky, legally.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah I think mostly homage with similar vibes but still their own story. Ahsoka is Gandalf but still her own character. Homage in Ahsoka looking for the darkness and Bo Katan going mad, an army coming to Mandalore, a dark lord reveal.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ok, at this point can we just rename the thread? This joke is going to be the entire next season, even if spoiler-actor's character shows up for a Cad Bane number of episodes.

I'm gonna start responding to all of your posts like this with Mermista gifs.
    [​IMG]

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Sea Queen!

but I mean you can kinda see it and Filoni we know is a Tolkien nerd

The Mandalorians are the warrior people who lose their homeland

the Darksaber is kinda like the Arcanstone. The one who has it can unite the clans of the Mandalorian

The Imperials are the minions of Sauron preparing his return

and as Filoni said himself Ashoka is Gandalf

I don’t expect beat for beat retelling but the influences are their

I’m not expecting a five army battle or anything

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2022
  25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    With Ahsoka, he’s made the Gandalf comparisons but he’s also really heavily pulled from San of Princess Mononoke, which I’d argue is a bigger influence. Really most of the spirituality and Force stuff seems be more directly drawn from that film than Tolkien.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]