main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I can see Filoni using both influences on Ahsoka Tano, Gandalf and princess Mononoke. With the Wolf and force stuff, her Gandalf look and her battling her own Balrog on Malachor, she dies and is reborn in a way.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    Vialco and Foreign32567 like this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Thrawn fighting the nature god dude with a gun at the end of season 3 was basically the lady with the big hat fighting the nature god with a gun in Princess Mononoke. That actually made me laugh when I saw it. So I guess the knobby spiderdudes on Atollon are the little forest ghosts.

3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Why not, various Mandalorian clans (and maybe some other players) can start fighting each other, but the arrival of Imperials to Mandalore will force them to fight together.

Thrawn also organized manufacture of advanced weapons and is more of a pragmatic villain.

And in both cases (Princess Mononoke and Rebels season 4) there are Emperor seeking power of god(s) and his elderly affable agent, sent to find and obtain this power, serving as greater-scope villains in contrast to Eboshi/Thrawn.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I know Filoni has name dropped Tom Bombadil, but yeah the Forest Spirit is a pretty obvious pull when you look at it.

I’m waiting for some kind Star Wars equivalent of the corrupted boars to show up and be frightening.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well when we go to the forest planet and the trees start coming to life we will know ;p

6. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I hope that happens when Thrawn returns. Even if it's like, the live action Ahsoka show. Give us some Studio Ghibli animal spirit zaniness.

7. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    That whole element of industrial growth and mechanisation vs nature and spirituality …that’s just bang on Star Wars.

And it makes sense, because Lucas was borrowing from Japanese storytelling to tell his big fairy tale, so Studio Ghibli actually making Japanese fairy tale films is a pretty organic influence. And Filoni coming from an animation background would have studied those films religiously.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean we saw that in the Ashoka episode where Thrawn has his Ship Building Factory all ready to go.

I can imagine if Thrawn has a planetary HQ of some sort it's probably very industrial.

Vialco likes this.
  9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    With that episode, basically that entire village was Iron Town from Princess Mononoke. The burnt out forest surrounding it, the huge walls, the bell. It’s ruled by a woman with capable martial skills… Filoni’s wearing his influences on his sleeve.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So whose Thrawn in this Princess Monoke analogy here ;p

11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Within the context of that episode alone? I guess, as the offscreen figure who facilitated the conflict...he’s probably the Emperor of Japan.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean I'm kinda hyped for
    Villain Lloyd. He was great fun as Master Xehanort.

13. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Ya'll are making me want to watch Princess Mononoke again.

I watched The Hidden Fortress and Yojimbo over the weekend. Yojimbo is another obvious influence on that fantastic Ahsoka episode of Mando.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

The Mandalorian and its spin-offs future.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    JediFett10 likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Season 1 and 2 finished filming around March and came around October. BOBF finished in May and came out in December. So the average time after wrapping is around 7 months. Season 3 just wrapped in March, so I don't see it coming before October. But here's what Giancarlo said anyway. Also confirmed again he's in it.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    New rumor/leaks, its vague enough it might be true.
    Just heard some cool details on The Mandalorian season 3 and I thought I’d share. Can’t really vogue for source but I thought it was interesting

* 8 episodes

* Returning characters: Cobb (has cowboy hat now), Greef, Boba, Fennec, Krasantan, Bow Katan, Armorer, Gideon, Ahsoka … may be more

* Din Djarin is without his armor at one point, wearing only his helmet and beat up rags - listed as “Mandalorian (Wasteland)”

* The Twins return, and share a scene with both Mando and Boba

* IG droids return (not 88 or 11)

* “Wasteland Jawas” appear, Sand People also

* Imperial ATATs are in multiple episodes

* There is concept art for a scene where Grogu force lifts the Darksaber

* Moff Gideon will have a jailbreak scene by a new female assassin character

* Moff Gideon is forced choked at one point, we do not see by who in the scene

* Source says [panel](https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/202...oni-confirmed-for-mandalorian-only-panel.html) should confirm directors for the season, but no trailer

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Forcechoaked ey.....Snoke confirmed ;p

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Snoke seems the most likey yess, also with the hutt twins back we might get more Syndicates stuff in the Mandalorian. Many of the characters from both Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett will be back.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I bet it's a Duros....'s.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He has Bane's hat [face_cowboy]

Ghost likes this.
  21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Grogu almost did something pretty Dark when prisoner

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Most likely...I just like saying Snoke because it's fun

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I would be far more interested in either comic or manga if they were not adaptations of existing material.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    kalzeth and SyndicThrass like this.
  25. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    AusStig likes this.