main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    They did 2 videos

2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Who cares what RedLetterMedia thinks. Hardly anything is more of a waiste of time than watching some no talent YouTubers putting together a skit.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Though we know from the movies that Yoda was training Jedi for 800 years. So a Jedi Master around age 100.

fett 4 likes this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In RTJ when he died he did say he was 900 so that makes sense.
    So in RotS he was 875 :confused:

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It is a bit odd to imagine Yoda training students when he was 100 when Grogu is 50 and like he is.

Ghost, Nom von Anor and Dawud786 like this.
  6. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I think we can just say Yoda was using hyperbole there.

Dream-Thinker and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Yoda-likes have a massive growth spurt at age 60. By 61 they are considered fully mature adults.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I cannot remember how old Yaddle, Vandar and so on were.

9. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Yoda might have been rounding the number, Grogu could be regressed from trauma or their species just have a lot of variation on when they mature. They could give almost any explanation (if they need to) and it'll make sense.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I do want to say that Timelines confirmed this too...

SWpants likes this.
  11. KirKanosForever

KirKanosForever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2008
    Timelines says born in 896 BBY and starts training in 796 BBY

12. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    This is Star Wars, hyperbole is ALWAYS taken literally.

13. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Well Butterflies switch from slugger to warbird in next to no time, too. Maybe he eats a a lot, then gets his cocoon and out he comes as adult Yoda

Nom von Anor, Sarge and Dream-Thinker like this.
  14. Dream-Thinker

May 20, 2020
    Man, if Yodalings have cocoons that would be wild.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yeah, while toxic negativity seems to have a stranglehold on YouTube, toxic positivity pops up on Twitter all the time. An honest criticism of a single episode of a SW TV show? You're ridiculous and how dare you criticize anything Star Wars and let's just have positive vibes guys and anyone who critiques even a single thing about it is dumb and oh god blood is running down my nose but I swear The Book of Boba Fett was amazing start to finish with no flaws and never mind the fires raging all around me this is fine it's Star Wars guys and we love Star Wars so let's all just have fun and enjoy everything they put out OK???

There are tons of fans on SW Twitter whose blind spot is literally the entire franchise. Any capacity for critical thought is tossed right out the window because seeing the SW universe onscreen is comforting, no matter what kind of crap is taking place there. And anyone who offers up a critical observation gets piled on with vitriolic disbelief and mocking. It sucks how rare it is to find a genuine middle ground of honest and open critique.

It was lovely! Full props to Terry Matalas for reigniting fires inside two cold, dead, cynical hearts (yes, Picard Season 3 really was that good!).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    When watching the Kenobi show I was seeing people praise it and give it 10/10 etc and it got me wondering if I'd been watching a different show. Like how could anyone watch that show and not think its bad, I don't get it.

I agree about Picard Season 3 but on the flip side, if the first 2 had not bombed so badly and with Kurtzman having nothing to do with S3 , would the Network have let him do that.
    As it is the next show is going to be more Kurtzman Trek rather than Terry Matalas Trek which is depressing.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  17. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    You often post some of the worst YouTubers out there. I don’t think you should be taking shots at anyone’s tastes.

Dream-Thinker and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    The worst thing about these attitudes is the obvious effect it would have on the market and quality of product. If everything you make that's Star Wars gets a great reception regardless, there is no incentive to make it good. Just minimum effort/funding for everything and over time the product gets worse and worse.

AusStig and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  19. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Luckily, the echo chamber of positivity seems to be just as much of a vocal minority as does its negative counterpart --- I mean, The Book of Boba Fett's audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is 54%. And even setting RT and the possibility of review bombing aside, once you step outside of the "Everything is awesome!" hardcore fandom bubble and open your eyes, it's pretty hard to miss the fact that a whole ton of people hated it for very valid reasons.

It had lightsabers. That's enough for a lot of SW fans to give it 10/10.

fett 4, AusStig and EmperorHorus like this.
  20. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I’d argue this vocal toxic positivity set is probably much smaller than any highly negative group going around. I have legitimately (granted I don’t use Twitter) never come across anyone like that, as far as I recall.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  21. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    It was all over my Twitter feed during Mando Season 2, BOBF, and Obi-Wan. Not so much for Mando Season 3, but I think that was probably due to Elon changing the algorithm more than anything. The worst was when women criticized the humorous presentation of Baby Yoda eating that woman's children and were relentlessly laughed off of the site --- even Lucasfilm employees Pablo Hidalgo and Phil Szotak joined in on the mocking. People were similarly mocked and belittled for criticizing BOBF hijacking its own show, Obi-Wan being overly repetitive, Obi-Wan limiting its action scenes by using the Volume, etc, etc. All incredibly reasonable criticisms, but the good-vibes-only crowd had absolutely no time for them at all, and treated anyone who had anything negative to say about the shows as an idiot.

Jedi Comedian said it well, two posts below the one I linked above:

Especially after all of the toxic criticism of The Last Jedi, it feels like there's been this huge pushback by the other side. An effort to treat any criticism as bad-faith criticism and to reclaim the good vibes that Star Wars was exclusively putting out during the Episode VII/Rogue One era. Anything less than Universal praise just isn't good enough for them.

22. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Probably another good reason not to use Twitter (as if there weren’t enough already).

I will note that Twitter tends to amplify everything, including the perception of everything being criticised. I’m not saying that the concerns weren’t valid in that specific instance, however if you’re using Twitter you’re probably being bombarded with criticism after every new thing is released (some reasonable, and many nitpicking). I imagine it’s exhausting to just feel like nothing can just be enjoyed without endless criticism accompanying it - it probably feels like things are released to just be torn to shreds now. This probably creates knee jerk reactions to all criticism from some people, and reasonable criticism gets caught up in this.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  23. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    So they are mostly hairless green Mogwai, and they cocoon and go from being cute to wise adults instead of gremlins?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  24. Dream-Thinker

May 20, 2020
    I don't know if this is the best place to put this (and if it isn't I apologize), but this conversation made me want to try to rank the various seasons for myself.

Andor
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    The Mandalorian Season 2
    The Mandalorian Season 3
    The Mandalorian Season 1
    The Book of Boba Fett

I'm biased though, I liked all of them. But I try to be honest with my bias and I'd never go after anyone who disagrees with me on something so, at the end of the day, trivial as a franchise about space wizards.

25. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    No, just no!! Having now just seen the last episode, I strongly disagree in the highest possible terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theorenwulf likes this.