main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I’m really looking forward to this show but something I’m looking forward to more is the inevitable comic and novel tie-ins we will get from it.

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    While I don’t see it as very likely, I wish this show has a connection to Luke’s Academy days, having a future student of Luke be one of the characters. I don’t think this show should be completely void of force sensitive people but I sure don’t want Ashoka or Ezra to show up, and Luke would be to complicated.

We don’t know if all of Luke’s students were Ben Solos age and younger. Their could have been one who was born in the dark times, being a teenager or an adult 3 years after RoTJ.

Voltron64 and kalzeth like this.
  3. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I sure want Ahsoka and Ezra to show up

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...why?? They can get their own series. I'd prefer The Mandalorian to be primarily about this Mandalorian rather than all the things; in fact, I kinda hope it is devoid of Force sensitives.

DarthJaceus, Revanfan1, Kylun and 5 others like this.
  5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If Filoni is directing the first episode, one thing is for sure; Expect wolves!

6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Lucas visited the set...What are the odds he directs an episode at some point? Maybe the first episode of Season 2???

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

;)

MrDarth0 likes this.
  8. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The odds are zero. He's retired.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    He's retired from... film making. This is a TV show. I wouldn't be surprised to see a conspicuous "With thanks to George Lucas" in the credits.

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't think Lucas visiting the set means anything necessarily. He also visited the sets of Rogue One and Solo.

11. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Didn't he direct a scene in Solo?

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm 99% certain what Lucas contributed to Solo was he had Han drop the cape as opposed to placing it back on the shelf, and if you watch it it's actually a pretty funny moment that Han goes to put Lando's cape back and just doesn't look back at all where it goes and just drops it while he's going in to kiss Qi'Ra.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Jedi Princess likes this.
  13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I think he's visited all of the Disney film sets. Did he visit TFA's?

14. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    A Luke cameo would definitely be on the cards. Say The Mandalorian becomes embroiled in a hunt for an valuable artifact and comes into brief conflict with Luke who happens to be after the same artifact for sentimental/educational reasons.

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I seem to remember reading that he wanted to visit the TFA set but JJ didn't want him there. I may be misremembering that, though.

16. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    I doubt that. According to Kennedy, Lucas felt he had to cut ties with the sequels if he couldn't be in complete control of the creative process, so it was better for him to walk away than to compromise on his vision. He seemed pretty sore about the "divorce" at that time, so I'd assume it was more likely Lucas didn't want to visit the set at that time.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I recall that George was just too busy at the time.
    [​IMG]

WMIRTUTSF and MrDarth0 like this.
  18. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Ah yes, right slap-bang in the middle of TFA's principal photography in... *checks notes* ... March 2016.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's be honest, who wouldn't rather chow on noodles than visit a Hollywood movie set.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    To be fair, those do look like good noodles.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Mando theft!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-studio-hosting-high-profile-projects-1154992

Authorities were unable to confirm what was taken at the Manhattan Beach Studios Media Campus.
    Local authorities are investigating a theft at the Manhattan Beach studio that houses productions on multiple high-profile projects, The Hollywood Reporterhas confirmed.

Police were called about the "grand theft" around 11 a.m. on Thursday in the 1600 block of Rosecrans Avenue, said Sgt. Tim Zins, spokesman for the Manhattan Beach police.

Authorities were unable to confirm what was taken in the grand theft. A source with knowledge of the situation said items from the set of Lucasfilm's Star Wars television show The Mandalorian were taken, but nothing of substance. A spokeswoman for Lucasfilm declined to comment.

"She must have hidden the plans in the escape pod! Send a detachment down to retrieve them, see to it personally, Commander! They'll be no one to stop us this time!"

Anyway, there better be pistol whipping of a giant yellow dinosaur in the 1st season or I'll be ticked

DarthJaceus likes this.
  22. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

Well, the Jedi Council wouldn't make a move against the Mandalorians, so I guess Revan did! :D

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fett movie dead! Plot points moved to The Mandalorian instead?

Reading between the lines, if they're moving stuff from Fett movie to Mandalorian, it could mean that Fett is alive. not the main character but I would say whatever story notions they have they could adapt to the TV show with very much alive Fett.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    maaan....I wanted the Fett movie....

Oh well, at least the show looks interesting.

25. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm quite happy about this. I think the Mandalorian will be interesting and a good show. However, I find Boba Fett uninteresting and am kind of happy he's not getting his own spin-off. They only do a movie a year, I feel like they should focus on something else. Also, movies have a huge impact on other media released. I wouldn't want the books released the year after IX to be impacted by a Fett movie. Now if in the future they want to do a similar movie, a Jango Fett one
    would have my support. He's underrated where Boba is overrated.

I am excited for more information about this show. Everything so far has seemed encouraging.