main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    My gut tells me that this will all be within the first decade of the Post-RotJ era.

JediBatman likes this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I tend to agree with you myself so I think if Thrawn does outlive his Legends timeline it would be more 10 to 11 ABY and not go one to say 16-18 ABY or something of that nature

JediBatman likes this.
  3. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    If this was all planned out from the beginning (which I’m inclined to believe) then the 5 years post-ROTJ setting was probably deliberate.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Heir to the Empire time ;)

5. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It’s also why I think the rumour that Filoni had already done a full season of animation before scrapping the project in favour of live action is BS. Seems like this was planned from the get go to build to a version of Heir.

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

No i still believe that rumor, but I do see Filoni wanting to maybe change his mind and go for Live Action if he was able to jump at the chance.

I don't think it was THAT planned out to be honest I doubt Favrue had this in mind from day one. So i still think there is plenty of time for things to change.

Now WHEN that change happened is TBD.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
  7. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, Rebels concluded early 2018, production of Mando season 1 starts about 6 months later. Factoring in Pre-production that had to have involved Filoni there was definitely overlap between Rebels and Mando development, so there really doesn’t leave much room for Filoni to have done an entire season of an animated show during all this. Which is what KRT claims.

factor in as well that there are certain things in Mando season 1 which deliberately payoff in season 2 (Boba, Dark Saber) Mando clearly has a bigger game plan at work.

8. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Favreau's pretty much said he made it up as he wrote.

9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He also said that he had to pitch big stuff right off the bat so that he would know immediately rather than have to change plans in the actual script process.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Eh, bit of planning, bit of improvisation, do both right and it looks seamless.

11. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Wait, is the rumor that The Mandalorian was going to be animated, or that Filoni made some sort of sequel series to Rebels involving Thrawn that was canceled?

Either way, animation is an expensive and lengthy process. In some cases way more expensive than live action. So I could believe that there's concept art, rough story ideas, and test animations. But I have a hard time believing there's a whole season of an un-aired show just sitting on the shelves. If it's completed or even close to completed, you can bet Disney would want to make back some of the money invested in it.

Sarge and SyndicThrass like this.
  12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The rumour was, Filoni had done an entire season of a Rebels animated follow up show that supposedly featured Ahsoka, Ezra and Thrawn with Clone Wars season 7 style animation. And that he subsequently discarded the project because Jon Favreau convinced him to tell the story in Live Action via Mandalorian and the spin-off shows.

And yeah, I think it’s almost certainly a BS rumour that makes very little sense.

Barriss_Coffee and JediBatman like this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You forgot the part about Rex, and the Rakata shaman, and Ezra dating Thrawn's niece, and the Quinlan/Barriss buddy-cop plot. Also all the parts of that telephone-game rumor I've forgotten at this point because my brain cells began committing suicide.

And we know it's all true because a random online article covered it after it was leaked on Reddit, from someone who has undisclosed sources that know things.

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Which more or less turns out correct.

I don't know why people don't seem to see the patterns of leaks to be honest

Luke was apparently improved. John said he didn't even know he was gonna do Luke until he got that part.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Exactly. If you can't see the joins or the hands moving the puppets, it's all fine.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Exactly

But I'm skeptical if they had a big enough plan to know that Thrawn was gonna be this overaching Thanos like villain from the start and if that just didn't happen while in development.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    To invoke your favourite line: Who cares?

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

True dat...I get my big man in blue.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So many, many ways to read that post. [face_devil]

You ought to do more like it.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

We need a Thrawn Icon so I can respond in kind. :p

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Sorry for the DP

But in all seriousness it is kinda amazing that the Luke Skywalker thing wasn't planned from the start. I just think that's kinda cool.

22. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    You mean like Obi Wan showing up in Mando’s flashbacks in season 1? Or Ahsoka fighting Bounty Hunters on Tattooine with Rex in season 2?

Occasionally some of the rumours pan out, but that doesn’t mean you should believe them all wholeheartedly. Just as many turn out to be nonsense.

JediBatman likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well that's why you gotta sniff out the trustworthy leakers from the non trustworthy ones ;)

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    They're all untrustworthy.

Wipe them out. All of them.

Serfer, Sarge, JediFett10 and 5 others like this.
  25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Both those came from KRT ;)