main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I wonder if they plan to scale back the Mandalorian project to put more focus on the High Republic.

I mean I hear it.... ROCKS!

kalzeth likes this.
  2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Maybe that’s what Adam Christopher’s next gig is, a High Republic novel.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It’s not so much a scale down but more a priority of the TV side of things to be fair which is expanding

JediBatman likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not so convinced it's that difficult a problem as they already solved it with how the Thrawn books linked to Rebels s3 and 4.

It does require a bit more planning, but not that much either.

5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    It's probably the fact that rather suddenly they're trying not to sync up with *one* narrative's ongoing continuity (as with Rebels) but... I guess it's four shows in this time frame, some of which may not have been greenlit when the novel and guide were being put together. I think the playing field and amount of story points in play changed really rapidly and in a big way, so here we are. You might even consider the side material for the ST to be a warning that they're heeding there... there wasn't much but the films still found ways to contradict it because their own narrative never had a fixed endpoint or backstory.

I do think these would have been canceled or retooled regardless of Carano's firing. These cancellations might make it easier to edge her out of the narrative, though.

AV-6R7, Dream-Thinker and Daneira like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, being fair the Thrawn books tended to be either backstory or between eps / seasons stories, which is a bit different.

The bigger problem is we know so little about the axed novel.

7. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Not that anything's been officially axed, as far as I know. Just held back.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heard some preorders have been axed, so, as it's too good an opportunity....
    Darth Bezos does not share your optimism.

AusStig and Vialco like this.
  9. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Please bear in mind everybody, that Adam Christopher is a poster on Galifrey Base and he's still optimistic about his future with Del Rey.

10. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't think they would let the author go. I just don't think he will be working on this book.

11. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    As the original Tweets said, Del Rey's working with him on another, unrelated novel.

AusStig likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  13. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Given Grogu's meditation on the Jedi stone on Tython called a Jedi to him, where-ever he would be. How does that work?

Does every Jedi get an itch he has to follow to get rid of it? Does the stone call only the rightful Master or any Jedi? Why only Jedi, what about other Forceusers, former Jedi or even Darksiders?

Is there a Dark Side version of this... like a Sith stone that an apprentice can hop on to find a Master for himself if any still exists?

The Force works in mysterious ways, I know. But potential answers?

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  14. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I think it simply works as some sort of amplifier, a signal through the force that reaches anyone who can listen to it, not directed at a specific person. It should be picked up by anyone who bothers to listen, including darksiders, if they can be bothered to do so.

Think of it this way: if you are standing in an arena full of people and you just talk normally, hardly anyone will take notice of you. Now you pick up a microphone connected to the speaker-system, suddenly many people will hear you.

Dream-Thinker and Daneira like this.
  15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Currently going through the show agin and I’ve just finished episode 11 the one with Bo katan, I had honestly forgotten at the end of the episode Bo ends up with the Gozanti class cruiser. with Moff Gideon’s cruiser in the last episode she’s getting a rather impressive fleet together.

kinda wondering if Din will get the Gozanti. Unless season three is going to be set on a single planet.

Gallandro007 and AusStig like this.
  16. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    A Gonzati is a pretty big ship for one man to run. Unless with the "single planet" suggestion, you think season 3 is gonna drop the lone wolf story and focus on Din joining Bo Katan's Mandalorians? I can definitely see him becoming invested in uniting/helping Mandalore, but I don't see him commanding a ship or being Bo's toady. Unless maybe his conflict with Bo causes people to rally to him as the new leader.

AusStig likes this.
  17. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    He might be based at the Arquitens or Gozanti with Bo-Katan's people, with a Gauntlet fighter of his own, hopefully, for solo missions.

JediBatman likes this.
  18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I mean it depends on what he is doing now. Since I mean he is mandalore isn't he?

PimpBacca likes this.
  19. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I don't think Din wants the title of Mandalore, but he might reluctantly take up the role to help his people. This of course would cause conflict with Bo Katan. Or here's an idea I really like: Din agrees to work for Bo and tells her she's in charge, but her other soldiers hear about how he took the Darksaber from Gideon and went on other adventures. They start whispering that he should be in charge, so Bo gets paranoid and turns against Din.

BigAl6ft6 and AusStig like this.
  20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Or even just the fear of that happening from Din could bring him into conflict with Bo.

JediBatman likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah it's clear the Mandalorians (all of them, Bo's people included) are still stuck in archaic traditions that often cause more conflict amongst themselves than anything else. The he/she-who-has-the-darksaber-shall-be-Mandalore will be one challenge they all have to get around. But I suspect there are probably more, beyond that and Din's helmet obsession. The resulting interclan conflicts could be interesting if the show chooses to go that route.

Cynda, AusStig and JediBatman like this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just seen a supposed teaser for Mando S3. No new footage and release in 2022 - wondering now if it was as official as it looked.

23. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Rule #1 of Mandomaking: Do not do the expected

Therefore, what do we expect currently?

Mando got a crew, got the Darksaber, and kicked Imperial behinds with the promise to take back Mandalore one day. Grogu is missed but will meet him again for sure. He got a new larger ship but needs a personal one still new.

How can they break out expectations and shock us?

Have the gang break up for some reason. Have Mando loose the Darksaber to someone not Bo-Katan. Have the Mandalorians take an anti-Republic stance for a good reason that is surprising to the viewer.

Just a random idea but, imagine Luke Skywalker turning up again asking for Grogu... and all puzzled tell him that he was just here and took him. Cue dark realization, that was not Luke Skywalker... it was Luuke who took Grogu. Furthermore, tease the return of Thrawn all season until the Finale with Luuke just being the first hint and Snoke/Joruus another along the way maybe. Have a cameo of Mara Jade kick Mando in combat and take the Darksaber for herself or her offscreen "Master". Last but not least, have Moff Gideon freed by his allies as he is en route to a Republic prison/execution (which might result also in Cara Dune's death if they get rid of the character). Cue Gideon reunited with Grogu at some point. Due to epic failure, Bo-Katan and crew leave Mando behind to try to get the Darksaber back as other Mandalorians rally to the saber's new owner who calls them by their oath to action.
    This all leaves Mando a mess of course. He needs a new ride, new friends, rescue old ones and all in a galaxy turning darker as in the Rim far from Republic control a new threat emerges and grows to the theme of Grand Admiral Thrawn uniting the warlords in secret as an unaware Republic collects evidence slowly always one step behind him.
    All this serves not to devalue Mando but to have him grow further, in skill, in devotion as well as in extending his network of allies as he gets it all back slowly and has to show not only fighting but also leadership skills before he may get any Darksaber back. Cobb Vanth, the Armorer, maybe even briefly Sabine Wren as a cameo and others will join him in a new crew alongside some recurring friends like Mayfield maybe or another Boba cameo. All while offscreen, another story takes place, that of Luke, Luuke and others who only occasionally cross over where it fits.

24. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I have to imagine at this early date anything you might see is probably unofficial.

Frankly, I’d be surprised if we see any marketing for Mando S3 this year. It’ll probably be Book of Boba that gets all of their attention, and even that marketing campaign probably won’t start until October/November.

MrDarth0, Daneira and JediBatman like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Din's "I yield." half-shrug trying to cough over the darksaber is kinda great body acting by Pedro Pascal.

Of course, this does throw a wrench into who ruled Mandalore when Sabine had it and how Bo didn't want anything to do with it but I ain't minding too much

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    JediBatman likes this.