main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    QFT

RavagerFish and Ghost like this.
  2. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    I don't get this. Of course he's uninteresting, he's barely even been a character. All Boba Fett has been at this stage has been raw potential. The whole point of doing a movie is that it could make the character interesting. Raw potential is what you want for such an idea, you can make it anything. Saying that making a Boba Fett movie wouldn't be a great idea because Boba Fett has been a boring character makes no sense.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Boba was a character in Legends. What little we've seen of his characterization in canon, however, I didn't like.

Mia Mesharad and Ghost like this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Boba's an unfortunate case where his reputation was built up tenfold by the old EU -- certainly that fame's a major reason Lucas decided to use him for AOTC and connected him to the clones, even if he wasn't reading the EU -- and in the new EU he's done almost literally jack.

The only things we've seen him do based on the old TCW was kidnap a girl so he could marry her off to a weirdo fish king (which didn't work and Boba probably married Fish King himself), get shot by Cad Bane, get beatup by Dooku, and get confused as Hondo's kid. Also just stare at the camera with the Kylo Ren angry-pout.

Then he got seriously one-upped by Sabine and Bo Katan and Pre Favreau Vizsla -- even Mando Darth Maul -- and then Pre Favreau Vizsla decides to make a Mandoshow that ruins his only chance at a movie. I mean at this point the guy directing the Mandalore show has more right to call himself a true Mandalore than Boba Fett!

Oh yeah, on top of all that -- we still don't even know if he lived past ROTJ in this canon. Boba my man, what did you do to piss Disney off?

5. EmperorHorus

Sep 3, 2016
    James Mangold's Boba Fett really sounded like it could have been something special

6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Don't forget "got hired by Vader to find who blew up the death star, only to kill a kid in a bar fight, and lose a fight to Luke in an enclosed space mere days after ANH". Boba is having a rough time to say the least

7. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Technically, he lost the fight to R2.

vncredleader likes this.
  8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That's what I was referring to. It was terrible.

vncredleader and kalzeth like this.
  9. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    His potential only extends so far. I don't really want or need a story focused on an emotionally closed-off guy who barely speaks and exists just to be "badass". The Mandalorian at least has more potential to do something else with its main character, including not making them another emotionally closed-off guy in a helmet who barely speaks.

Ghost likes this.
  10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think he has a lot of potential. Like, the canceled TCW arc I want to see most is the Boba Fett arc:

BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    When was this??? Was it a comic? (I'm afraid I'm not caught up on the canon comics at all...)

12. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I didn't read it, but I believe that is a reference to the start of the main Marvel series.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, first arc - Skywalker Strikes.

vncredleader likes this.
  14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah and bleeding over into the first Vader volume at the ends of I think 2 issues.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd see Fett in Vader #6 as a cameo, you get a very condensed summary but the real story is in SW #6.

16. EmperorHorus

Sep 3, 2016
    You've just done the exact same thing again. There isn't more potential in The Mandalorian. Anything you can do there you can do with Boba Fett. It's a strange assumption to make that there is nothing more to Boba Fett than was portrayed in the films.

17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm pretty sure if Lucasfilm weren't so set on making a Boba film originally, he would have made regular appearances in canon novels comics etc and by now he probably would be for lack of a better term "a strong character"

RavagerFish, BigAl6ft6 and Revanfan1 like this.
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I dang well wish we'd gotten this completed.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The apple fell rather far from the tree in that regard.

[​IMG]

vncredleader likes this.
  20. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Two things you can do with a Mandalorian who isn't Boba Fett - firstly, you can have a mainline Mandalorian character in the tradition of Dar or Pre. Secondly, you can have an "everyman" character who isn't regarded as the greatest bounty-hunter in the GFFA.

And thirdly, who's our lead actor? John Leguizamo? Or (and admittedly this is a complete ass-pull on my part, but designed for illustrative effect) someone like Katee Sackhoff? Will we even know in the first episodes, or is the question of who's behind the mask and the vocoder part of the plot...?

"Great thing about this armour. Anyone can be inside."

I'll also add that having a different Mandalorian speaks to the "man with no name" archetype without carrying in the very separate baggage of the Fetts, and homages the fact that the character, while always recognizable (see that serape over his shoulder?) does not have a consistent continuity - Blondie, Blue Eyes, Harmonica, and every Django from Franco Nero to Jamie Foxx - a motif which Boba and Jango ("the d is silent") have always been themselves a part of...

I suspect this is true...

:p

- The Imperial Ewok

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Rodie and Outsourced like this.
  21. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I'm actually glad we aren't getting a Boba Fett movie, simply put, we don't really need one. The bulk of his story has been told already. Literally, the only we need is his duel with Cad Bane, and that's it. I know a lot of old EU fans really want to see one, but I personally don't care. Boba was never all that interesting to me. I felt like he was a bit overhyped to be perfectly honest. If they want to show us the duel, then fine, by all means, but why make an entire movie around him just to show us that one duel (and yes, I do believe that the duel is literally the only thing that is important to his story that they haven't shown yet). I for the life of me can't think of why Lucasfilm would even want to make a Boba Fett movie in the first place, that really felt like pandering to me.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    but yah I third-ed that there's less Fett content because they were keeping the decks clear for Fett movie but if they just move that content to Mandalorian TV show I'm down. And alive Boba since it's post ROTJ!

23. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Very real possibility that Boba Fett turns up in The Mandalorian series. It would be a great cliffhanger going into Season 2 if Fett returns in the final episode of season 1.

Voltron64 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah Fett showing up is either a midseason twist for the finale battle or a last second "GAHHHH!! BOBA FETT!!" teaser to Season 2.

25. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I just want this to be good AND receive positive reactions from the general populace. Solo was a masterpiece. People just didn't seem to get it. They looked too hard at the "NOT Harrison Ford Han Solo" and the low stakes nature of the plot. But thats it. If I had to pick one of the Disney Star Wars films to keep if they did another re-boot, it would be Solo. The Mandalorian needs to rock otherwise I feel Star Wars is in trouble. Rumors are that they are putting all their chips on this show.