main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    You don’t know what we’re getting Jid, no one does. I bring this up, so that you aren’t destroyed if it isn’t Star Wars Episode 6.5

VexedAtVohai and Daneira like this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean, it is Star Wars 6.5 already just by it's existence.

Much like Rebels and Rogue One are 3.5 and 3.95

and TCW and 2.5

Resistance is sorta 6.9 although i'd say Bloodline is a better fit for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2021
  3. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, I wouldn’t say that. Placement in timeline doesn’t equate narrative importance.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

No but the fact that this is a live action Disney + show does.

5. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Whether it’s live action or animated, on Disney + or Cartoon Network it doesn’t really mean much to the actual narrative inside the films.

Right now I can watch TFA-TLJ-TROS without having to have seen TCW-Rebels-Mandalorian.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  6. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    According to whom?

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well if you wanna watch it that way you can.

But to me I like seeing the grander Meta galactic narrative of Star Wars.

So at that point that's just how you intake Star Wars. And i think it's more fun to see it all connect then just being insular about it.

Basic guessing and just seeing where this is kinda all heading with all the signs.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Filoni also talked abot doing a Thrawn remake.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

What i'm asking for and expecting is that by the end of This Mandoverse Arc (Mandalorian Plus other shows) the grand narrative will end with the defeat of Thrawn being defeated and how that ultimately factors in to what we see in Episode 7. Or at least one piece of the puzzle to how that plays into Episode 7. Since I don't expect Ben Solo to show up or something.

Granted I wouldn't have said Luke wouldn't have shown up either and well here we are.

10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    But what if you don’t get those specifics? Like, what if we don’t see the birth of Snoke, or the Final Order plotting away, or Mama and Papa Rey meeting or Ben getting sent off to train with Luke. Is that something you want or something you need?

If they basically went, Mando is about Din reclaiming Mandalore and restoring his people’s honour against Gideon’s oppression and Bo Katan’s dodginess. Ahsoka is about the conclusion of the Rebels storyline and saving Ezra from Thrawn. Book of Boba is about Boba becoming top dog of the Underworld etc and they’re all loosely happening at the same time and giving you a picture of the galaxy at this point rather than specifically working as one big plotline.

Would something like that turn you off the series?

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well considering the Disney Era has yet to disappoint, I highly doubt it.

So I've been more or less pleased with most of the results we've been given and I'm confident i will again.

12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    But didn’t you tell me you really disliked Rebels?

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I don't think i did?

Granted I have yet to give Rebels a good re-watch since I never watched it properly on TV (Lots of Youtube watching and cheap videos) and while I may have some structural issues by the end it did some of my favorite stuff in Star Wars.

World Between Worlds is one of my favorite Star Wars things and probably one of my favorite portryals of Palpatine. Loved how they really delved deep into his Evil Space Wizardness.

Still i'm quite confident that Mandlorian and Mandoverse is going to give me exactly what I want in that it will bring me joy and satisfaction. I have much faith in this team to deliver.

14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think you’ve mentioned before that you only liked Thrawn and the WBW stuff?

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Rebels may not be my favorite thing in the world but i do enjoy it for what it is and like I said i hope to give it a re-watch.

And if Rebels is on the low end of my Star Wars experience then I must say i'm quite confident that i'm' going to be enjoying myself.

It would take A LOT of effort to turn me off ot Star Wars. I'm pretty much enjoy anything.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  16. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    EU I always think of as Legends, which Vanth wasn't, but yeah a lot of stuff from ancillary material.

17. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Confirmed a few weeks back by bespin bulletin but here’s just a bit more.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Grief Karga will return....AND NONE OF HIS FRIENDS ;p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    MANDO! If you're reading this Tweet, it means that you are still alive.

Sarge, MercenaryAce, AusStig and 2 others like this.
  20. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    "You might be surprised to hear this, but I am alive, too."

Some of Greef's lines sound so silly, I love it.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hahha I need more awkward lines and line readings from Greef/Weathers. Oddly, it works perfectly. Like all of Star Wars has that hokey awkward cheeseball dialogue/line delivery aspect that I'm not sure the filmmakers or the actors even know that they're actively doing it but it works perfectly. I think Ford kinda summed it up best when trying to remember/deliver "It'll take a few moments to get the co-ordinates from the navicomputer!" and told George "You can write this but it's hard to say it!" That kinda filters down to pretty much every Star Wars thing ever at some point.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Elaborate fandom narratives built out of some prominent fans speculating on what might happen and then treating it as an established fact.

In particular, I can't help but remember when everyone was convinced that we were going to get the Clone Uprising from Battlefront 2 in Bad Batch, because the Kaminoians and Imperials were having a falling out. Or, in another fandom, how often and how quickly the Warhammer Total War fandom will come to a consensus on what the next dlc will have to be...and sometimes they are right, but sometimes they are very wrong and very surprised despite the fact the fandom consensus was not based on anything solid.

As to the particular plot points under discussion...well, to be clear, I don't have any more info than anyone else and I could be very wrong...but personally I get the feeling we probably won't get a Thrawn trilogy remake (beyond the most general sense of Thrawn being a major villain of course - but already enough details have changed that would make the Thrawn trilogy's main plot hard to implement), and honestly I get the feeling Thrawn isn't even directly aligned with the empire in this point in canon and is doing his own thing (his troops Ahoska encounters are conspicuously devoid of classic imperial aesthetics and equipment despite the show never shying away from them before). Furthermore, I have my doubts about him being Gideon's boss and the big bad of the crossover series - nothing concrete to base this on, it just feels a bit off to introduce him with a casual namedrop if he was that villain rather than building up for a dramatic reveal. I think he might just be Ahoska's villain like Gideon is Din's.

It is impossible to know for sure at this point, but that is my two credits.

Sarge, Daneira, Nom von Anor and 3 others like this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I still think Thrawn is the crossover Villain.

Personally I feel it would be a Loki situation where first he is the Villain in Thor and then Avengers

Except this time he's the Villain in Ashoka and then the crossover event.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I find the notion of Thrawn being purely the Ahsoka villain interesting, if only because I’d be very curious to see who would be higher than him in the villainous food chain.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Unless they decide to go nuts and say the Mando Gang are fighting the Grysk or the Yuzong Vong in the Unknown Regions the only known bigger bad Timeline Wise are Snoke and Palpatine.

Or they could introduce someone new

But i can't think of anyone who would serve as a big bad of "This Era" then Thrawn honestly.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2021